704 : TOW The Unexpected Anniversary

Written by : Zoey

Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me, but to Bright, Kaufman and Crane Productions and Warner Bros. Their use is not intended for profit, only for
entertainment.

It’s been about a month since TOW a fresh start, and Destiny is about three weeks into college at NYU.

{Scene 1:Monica and Chandlers, afternoon}

Destiny and Phoebe walk into Chandler and Monica’s apartment laughing. Everyone is already there. Rachel looks up from the table. "Hey you guys... what’s so
funny?"

Destiny covers her mouth and tries to control her laughter, shoving Phoebe forward, motioning for her to tell them. Phoebe clears her throat and unsuccessfully tries
to stop laughing. Chandler is standing behind Rachel with an amused smile on his face. "Come on, one of you guys have to tell us."

Destiny finally controls herself. "Oh... I think it’s one of those you had to be there things..." She looks at Phoebe and starts to giggle again. "Ok... ok, I will stop
laughing NOW..." She doesn’t.

Phoebe sighs and sits down, her mouth twitching, trying hard not to laugh. "Your sister... your sister is so funny!"

Chandler smiles and sits in between Phoebe and Rachel. "What’d she do?"

Monica walks in from her room. "What’s so funny guys?"

"Destiny apparently?" Chandler says, staring at them.

Ross puts his hands on the back of Rachel’s chair. "You know.. something... something funny happened at work today..."

"No!"

"Oh God!"

"PLEASE!"

Ross looks insulted. "Fine... fine, just tell us your stupid funny thing Des."

Phoebe giggles. "Ok, so we’re walking down main street..."

"The part with all the new construction..." Destiny adds.

"And... and one of the guys starts to do that whistle thing..."

Destiny laughs. "You know.... woo hooo... ow baby!"

Joey smiles. "See... that never works."

"And me and Des are just like, ‘Pigs!’ and we keep walking... except this guy jumps down off his pillar thingie and walks over..."

"Ugh... they think they are SO hot!" Rachel says disgustedly.

Phoebe and Destiny look at each other and crack up laughing. "And so... so this guy walks up to us and looks Des up and down and says.... "So, baby, how are
you doing?"

"No no no... it’s How YOU doin’?" Joey says, shaking his head in disappointment. "Do I need to teach a class?"

"So Destiny says... Des....." Phoebe and Destiny dissolve into giggles, clinging to each other.

"What?" Chandler asks, laughing along with them. "What did you say?"

Destiny looks at him. "You know... you might not wanna hear this."

Chandler cocks his head to the side. "Ok, now you HAVE to tell me."

Phoebe breaths deeply. "Destiny just looks him straight in the eye and goes. ‘Ya know, next time you wanna try such a cheesy line on somebody... ya might wanna
make sure your zippers zipped. I can SEE your pecker... NOT impressed.’ "

"Oh my God!" Rachel says, clapping her hands together. "You did NOT!"

Destiny laughs. "That’s not even the best part. The rest of the guys heard and they all started laughing and the guy... the poor guy... got really mad and tried to reach
out and grab my arm but...." She starts to laugh again. "And fell right into this really deep hole that he didn’t see!"

"It was too funny!" Phoebe adds. "He was like.... AHHHH!" She says, making a horrified face and flailing her arms about.

Everyone is laughing, Chandler especially. "That’s priceless."

Destiny walks over to the fridge and pulls out a coke. "So... how was ya’lls days?" Ross huffs and Destiny laughs and puts her arms around him. "Oh, Ross... come
on, don’t pout... tell us your funny thing." The gang groans. "Come on guys!"

Ross smiles slightly. "No... it wasn’t really that funny."

Destiny walks over to Chandler’s chair and pats his leg. He scoots over and she sits next to him. He smiles and puts his arm around her. "Really... how was
everybody’s days?"

"Oh, mine was fine." Rachel says.

Chandler nods. "Boring as ever."

"Hectic... we had a forty top... some business meeting." Monica says, putting a plate of pastries on the table. "I made this today, you guys try it."

"Is this what you were talking about earlier Mon? What you were going to present to your boss tomorrow for the menu?" Rachel asks. Monica nods.

Destiny reaches out and tries one. "Oh my God! Monica, this is GREAT!" She says, shoving the rest in her mouth. She picks up another. "You guys... try it! I’ll eat it
all if you don’t hurry." She eats the second one.

Rachel, Phoebe, Chandler, and Joey all take one, oohing and ahhing. Ross is the only one who doesn’t. Destiny looks at him. "Ross... how come you’re not eating
it?"

Ross shrugs. "Can’t... has Kiwi. I’m allergic."

Suddenly Destiny spits the remains into her napkin. Monica looks at her strangely. "There’s... there’s kiwi in this?"

Monica nods. "That’s the basis of Kiwi Tartes."

Destiny’s eyes bug. "You... you shoulda mentioned that." She says, nervously, reaching behind Chandler for the phone. She quickly punches in three numbers.

"Des? What are you doing?" Chandler asks concerned.

"Yeah... so, I shoulda mentioned that I am very allergic to Kiwi." She smiles tightly. "Like, as in, I have about ten minutes before I can’t breath..." She laughs slightly
and turns her attention back to the phone. "Yeah hi... um... yeah, we’re gonna need an ambulance here..." She clears her throat and brings her hand up to it,
Chandler staring at her horrified. "Kinda quick."

 

{Scene 2 : Central Perk, later on.}

"I can’t believe you tried to kill my sister!" Chandler exclaims.

Monica puts her head in her hands and Destiny puts a hand on her shoulder. "Chandler I’m fine now! Besides, she didn’t know I was allergic to Kiwi."

Chandler nods. "I know, I just like to torture her. It’s fun."

Destiny reaches around Monica and smacks Chandler upside his head. "Jackass."

He licks his lips and puts his arm around Monica, pulling her closer to him. "I’m sorry sweetie, I was only joking."

Monica smiles sweetly at him. "Yeah, well, we’ll see how sorry you are tonight when you’re sleeping on the couch."

"Witholding sex... by far the best punishment for a guy." Rachel says, nodding approvingly at Monica.

Chandler looks uncomfortable. "Come on guys..." He says, cocking his head at Destiny.

Destiny laughs. "Like I don’t know you guys have sex? Come on, you’re thirty and engaged."

Chandler closes his eyes and laughs embarrassed. "Kay, but do we have to talk about it?"

"Come on Chandler, sex is natural, sex is good..."

Rachel and Phoebe both sit up. "Not everybody does it, but everybody should!" They sing. {George Michael’s song "I want your sex"}

Destiny laughs and joins in with Phoebe and Rachel. "Sex is natural, sex is fun, sex is best when it’s..."

"One on one." Joey says in a low baritone.

They all laugh as Chandler glares at them. "Ha ha, let’s all laugh at Chandler... ha ha." He says sarcastically.

Destiny smirks at him. "Lighten up, ya ole fogey."

"Old Fogey?" Chandler asks, laughing. "THAT’S something nobody’s ever called me."

Destiny looks at her watch and downs the last of her coffee. "Well, I better go." She says, standing.

"Where ya goin?" Joey asks. "I was gonna see if you wanted to come eat pizza with me and Chandler tonight while we watch the Nicks."

Destiny makes a sorry face. "I’d love to... really, would be much more interesting than what I’m actually gonna do."

"Which is?" Chandler asks.

"Study." She wrinkles her nose. "I’m meeting Danny at the library."

"Ooooh... Danny? Chem lab Danny?" Rachel asks.

"Chem lab Danny that is tall, dark, and deadly handsome?" Monica asks.

Chandler looks at them oddly. "Why am I just hearing about Chem-lab Danny?"

Destiny shrugs. "Cause you weren’t there when I told them about him?" She smiles and kisses Chandler on the forehead as she passes behind him. "See you guys
later." She winks at Phoebe. "Don’t wait up."

"Wait wait... I thought this was for school?" Ross asks.

"Oh... I see... gonna seduce him over neutrons and protons?" Monica asks, suggestively wagging her eyebrows despite Chandler’s glare.

"What the hell kinda food is that?!" Joey asks.

Destiny laughs and pats Joey on the head. "It’s not food Joe... it’s science stuff."

"Oh... I slept through science stuff..." He winks at her. "Go get Chem-lab guy."

She laughs. "I’m not out to get him... I need to study, he’s good at it... he’s gonna help me..." She smiles widely. "Anything else is bonus."

 

{Scene 3 : The Musketeers Place, well after Midnight}

"So... that was fun." Destiny says, smiling up at Danny.

Danny smiles back. "Yeah, sorry about keepin’ you out so late. I just lost track of time."

She laughs and pats his chest. "So did I."

He leans down and kisses her softly. "G’night Destiny."

"Night Danny." She whispers, covering her mouth and entering the cottage.

"Des and Danny... does have a nice ring to it, huh?"

Destiny nearly jumps out of her skin as she faces Phoebe. "Phoebs, you scared the bejeezus outta me!"

Phoebe laughed. "So... have fun?"

She checks her watch. "It’s two o’clock in the morning... what’re you still doing up?"

Phoebe shivers. "I just got this really bad feeling and I had to wait and make sure you were ok."

Destiny smiles and puts her books down in front of Phoebe. "I am SO fine."

Phoebe leans forward. "Soooo... tell me all about him!"

Destiny giggles. "He is so funny. And he’s really sweet. And he’s got the most gorgeous body... he plays soccer."

"Oooh, soccer players are SO sexy." Phoebe admonishes.

"Yeah they are!" She says semi-loudly, so as not to wake Rachel. By now she well knew not to wake up Rachel unless there was a fire.. the girl was NOT a
morning person. "And he’s so smart. We actually did study for like, two hours."

Phoebe makes an impressed face. "You met him at eight... if you studied for two hours, what did you do from 10 til 2?"

"Well, we went and got some coffee and then we went to this park and we just..." She sighs. "We kinda just talked forever, about everything."

"Oh, I love doing that!"

Destiny nods. "Yeah. He’s a very passionate person. He was talking about his Uncle and he got so angry... his uncle was gay and he had aids and his parents made
him quit seeing him... and then he died..."

"Oh, that’s horrible."

"Yeah... he was ten when it happened, you know, not old enough to see him without his parents permission really... anyway, he... he just got so mad all over again,
he litterally made me cry..." She smiled. "And then he felt so bad for making me cry."

Phoebe nods. "Did you tell him about your Dad?"

She nods. "Yeah, I did. And I told him about Chandler."

"So... back to the important stuff..." Phoebe leans forward. "Is he a good kisser?"

Destiny sighs and pushes back her hair. "Oh.... my.... God." She shivers. "Is he!" They both giggle.

 

{Scene 4 : Chandler and Monica’s, next morning}

"Morning fiance of mine." Chandler said warmly, wrapping his arms around Monica as she sat at the table, looking at the bills from the previous day.

"Morning yourself, honey." She said back, kissing him. "Honey? Do you know when Destiny’s birthday is?"

Chandler sits next to her. "You know... no, I don’t."

She raises her eyes. "You should probably find out."

He frowns slightly. "I’ve missed out on so much of her life."

"Oh, sweetie." Monica says, smiling sadly at him and covering his hand.

He smiles back at her. "It just makes me sad. You know? I don’t know when her birthday is... I don’t know what she’s allergic to... I don’t know if she’s ever been
in love... I don’t know what kind of movies she likes... there’s just so MUCH I don’t know." He fiddles with his hands. "And with college and everything, and
work... I haven’t really had time, and neither has she, to do anything. Phoebe and Rach know more about her than me."

Monica pats his hands. "So, make a day for just the two of you. Like, tomorrow is Saturday. No school, no work. Call her, make plans to just hang out all day...
Take her to SoHo or something... like, to a play."

He nods. "You’re right. Tomorrow will be Bing Day." He bites his lip. "What if she already has plans?"

"Then do it Sunday." She smiles. "You can tell she adores you... who wouldn’t..." They kiss softly. "Tell her you wanna spend some gettin’ to know you time... I’m
sure she’d love to."

He stands and walks over to the phone. He looks at the clock. It’s 7. "She should be awake right? Her first class is at eight." He dials the number.

"HELLO?!"

He laughs. "Morning to you too, Rachel." He smirks at Monica. "Is Des up?"

"I DON’T KNOW?!"

He holds the phone away from his ear and exchanges amused smiles with Monica. "Could ya check, Ms. Chipper?"

Rachel sighs. "DESTINY!" She squeals. "PHONE!"

"Jees, Rach, I think you just broke the sonic boom barrier!" Destiny yells into the phone, laughing.

Rachel slams the phone down and Chandler laughs. "Hey, Des."

"Oh, hey, Chandler. What’s up?"

"Were you... uh, were you leaving, or do you have a sec?" Chandler asks, nervous all of a sudden.

She laughs. "That’s about all I have... go ahead."

"Do you... do you already have plans for tomorrow?"

"No... why?" Destiny asks.

"Cause... well, I was thinking... that is, I was talking to Monica and I just realized that I don’t know all that much about you. You’ve been here for a month and we
haven’t really gotten to spend that much time together cause of my work, and with school starting... but I was just wondering, if you didn’t have any plans tomorrow,
if you’d like to... spend the day with me?"

Destiny laughs. "Are you asking me out on a date, Mr. Bing?"

He laughs, relaxing slightly. "Yeah... yes I am."

"Well, as a general rule, I’m not really into incest... but sure. Yeah, that sounds like fun." She says, a wide smile on her face.

"Great." Chandler says, breathing a little easier.

"Were you nervous?"

He laughs. "Yeah, I actually was. How crazy is that?"

"It’s not. No, you’re right, we haven’t really had a chance to talk since I moved here, besides a lunch here or there. So... yeah, we’ll have a Bing Day."

He laughs. "That’s what I said. Bing Day."

"Yeah... okay, so I’ll see you tonight and we can make the plans, but really, honey, I gotta get ready for school. Today’s the big Chem test."

"Oh, how did the studying go?"

She giggled. "It went... details later. Bye!"

"Buhbye." He said, hanging up the phone.

"So?" Monica asks.

"Tomorrow is officially dubbed Bing Day." He said, smiling. "She sounded excited, I think... I hope she doesn’t think I’m a dork...."

Monica laughed and hugged him. "Honey, you are not a dork. You’re a loving man who wants to get to know his little sister."

He smiles at her and kisses her, pulling her into his lap. "Love you." He mumbles.

She smiles at him. "Love YOU!" She says, poking him in the chest.

 

{Scene 5 : Central Park, next day, midafternoon}

Chandler and Destiny are sitting on the swings, swaying back and forth slightly, eating icecream. They both have grins on their faces and look completely relaxed and
happy. "You did not!" Destiny exclaims.

"I swear I did!" He laughs. "I got rid of it though."

"You had a third nipple?!" She sqeals, erupting into peals of laughter.

"As nice as your laugh is to hear, did you have to yell it so the whole park could hear it?" He asks, mock glaring at her.

She tries to stop laughing. "Right... right, sorry."

He laughs. "It was funny... I was dating this girl with one leg... seriously, she had one real leg and one wooden leg. Well, not a wooden one, but a prosthetic one,
and it kinda freaked me out at first, but I tried to get over it. Anyway, we were..." He looks a little embarrassed. "Foolin’ around, and um... does that make you
uncomfortable?"

She waves her hand. "What, you foolin’ around with some girl with one leg, or you telling me about you foolin’ around period?"

He laughs. "The second one."

"No."

"So we were fooling around and she... well, she felt this little nubbin and she just... she freaked out... and that’s when I realized that if a woman with one leg was
going to freak out over a third nubbin, I had to get rid of it."

She giggles. "You know, your face is all red and you’re all blushing, and it’s just so cute!"

He laughs and looks at the ground. "Shut up."

She laughs. "What?! I can’t think your cute?"

He looks at her. "Not if you’re making fun of me in the process!"

She jumps off the swing and walks in front of him. "You do know that me making fun of you isn’t actually me making fun of you right?" He looks at her. "It’s just...
well, I’ve been funny all my life... it was kinda a defense mechanism... I revert back to it when I get nervous. It’s kinda... it’s kinda hard for me to open up to anyone
cause.. cause I never really had anyone to open up to."

He smiles and stands up, taking her hand. They walk back over to the blanket and sit on it. "Look, I know you aren’t being mean when you make fun of me. I do
the same thing. I’ve tamed since Monica, but I used to be MR. sarcastic. Believe me, I get it."

She smiles relieved. "I just, didn’t want you to get the wrong idea and think I made fun of you cause I didn’t like you... cause I do."

He smiles and squeezes her hand. "I like you too. In fact... I mean, even though we don’t really know each other that well... I feel this... I don’t know, connection. I
guess what I’m trying to say is I love you... like, you always were my sister."

She laughs. "Wow... I never thought I’d hear those words." She looks away. "I mean, he always told me that you rejected us.. both of us. And I was like, why does
he hate me? I didn’t do anything." She looks up at him. "Don’t do that... don’t look so guilty. It’s not your fault." She smiles. "I know what you mean... I can like,
feel it in my heart that you are my brother."

"So, okay, so I know your birthday is September 19, and your favorite color is green... you’re favorite food is Italien, your favorite coffee is Mochachino, and you
like to write. What else? What about... I just wanna know it all."

She sighs, a little overwhelmed. "Wow... that’s alot of stuff."

"Oh..." he shakes his head. "Oh, if it’s too hard for you..."

"No... no, I’ll try... it just might take me till tomorrow." She laughs. "Um... okay... So, I told you about the houseboy, Matthew right?" He nods. "Right... so, he was
my first crush. He started working for Dad when I was five. He was great. He... he taught me to read, and really, he’s the reason I’m into writing. He always gave
me encouragement. He was... oh, he was 25 when he started there. He... he hated Dad cause of all the crap he put me through." She shook her head. "That’s why
Dad fired him. When I was fourteen Dad completely forgot about my birthday and I was really upset... anyway, Matthew got really angry and really railed on Dad
for forgetting my birthday and didn’t stop there. He said he was the most irresponsible Dad he’d ever met, and how could he treat me like he did... more concerned
with his gay strip clubs and flavors of the month than his own daughter... Dad got really angry, I think he was embarrassed, and fired him. I was SO angry with him...
I ran away."

"You... you ran away?" Chandler asked, shocked.

She nodded. "Yeah... for about a month... by that time I already knew Mark... Mark is one of dad’s exlovers sons. He’s twenty-two. So, he was eighteen and I
moved in with him for a month until he convinced me I should go back home." She looked at Chandler. "I know what you’re thinking... what kind of eighteen year
old pervert would let a fourteen year old kid move in with him... well, it wasn’t like that. Mark is the sweetest, greatest guy I’ve ever know. Complete gentleman. He
didn’t ever have friends over, girls or guys, while I was there, and he gave me the bed and slept on the couch."

Chandler nods. "Sounds like a true friend."

She smiles. "Yeah... he’s the one thing I’m gonna miss about home." She sighs. "So... anyway, even after I moved back home, things sucked. I was angry with him
all the time cause I was finally old enough to realize what a jerk he was... it started off slow. I started hanging out with the ‘bad crowd’. You know the type. Ripped
jeans, smoking cigarettes in the back of the school before class. During class... skipping classes. Then I started going to parties on the week days... he never
noticed... he was too busy being a horny bastard, sleeping wiht anything with a..." She paused. "I’m sorry, I’m getting bitter on you here."

He shakes his head and lays down, propping his head up. "No, go ahead."

She lays opposite him. "So anyway... At these parties, everyone would be drinking, and so finally I was like, hell, why not? At this point, oh, I guess I’m fifteen. I
just start to slip into the drug scene. Real easy at first. Cigarettes, and then weed. Then a little acid.. then alot of acid... Then I did ecstacy... Mark was always there
to make sure I didn’t do something too stupid like sleep with a guy... he feels so horrible now that he even let me slip into that scene, but at the time, he was into it
too, so he didn’t think it was so bad... and then on my sixteenth birthday they introduced me to heroine." She took a deep breath. "That is the best feeling in the
world. Have you ever seen Trainspotting?" He shakes his head no, his eyes shining with tears. "Do you want me to stop? I can see I’m upsetting you..."

"No..." He croaks, clearing his throat. "No, I wanna hear about it... sometimes it helps to talk about it."

She nods. "Yeah... it does sometimes... but it’s... it’s hard to talk about."

He puts his hand on hers. "It’s okay... you just talk about what you can..."

"I was scared of course, when they wrapped the tube around my arm... and got the needle out... everytime I see a needle now, I get a charge... it makes me wanna
run but at the same time it makes me wanna do it again..." She shakes her head. "God, I wish I’d never have tried it... the needle hardly hurt goin’ in, but after, oh my
god, it’s like... it’s like your floating. You don’t care about anything. Everything feels good and pure and peaceful.... and that was so strange to me.. nothing in my
life was good, and pure, and peacefull... it was all about pain... all I did was hurt... but not when I was high... when I was high I was happy... I was free...." She took
another deep breath, and Chandler could see her hands were shaking. "But then I’d come down, and all the hurt and pain would come back ten fold... I got way too
into it... I had myself convinced that I couldn’t live with out it. So, basically, every waking moment I was high... Dad never noticed how much money I was
spending... he had started dating Emelio then, and poor Emelio... he didn’t even know me... but he could tell I was high. He... he’s the one who found me that
night..."

"What night?"

She blinks as a tear falls. "I had broken up with a boyfriend and I was... oh boy, I was on top of our roof and I was convinced that I was going to fly... from the
third story roof into the pool... I... I was at the edge looking over when he appeared below me and figured out what I was about to do..."

Chandler felt like he couldn’t breath. "Were you... were you trying to kill myself?"

She closes her eyes and lays her head down. "Chandler, I don’t remember. I honestly can’t remember being on that roof or why, muchless if I was TRYING to kill
myself. All I remember is waking up in such horrible, horrid pain, drenched in sweat two days later, tied to a bed in a white padded room."

"Oh God..." Chandler choked out.

She sat up and cracked her neck, a scared look on her face. "It was the worst day of my life."

He sat up and crawled to where she was, putting an arm around her. "I’m sorry you had to go through that... I’m so sorry..." He said, as they both started to cry.

She threw her arms around him and sobbed into his chest. He tightened his grip around her and held her close to him. After a few minutes they had both calmed a
little. "You know... I’m glad I have you now." He said.

"What are you talking about? You’re life’s fine... if anybody should be greatful to have anybody, it’s me." She mumbled into his shirt.

He sat back and brushed her hair behindher ears. "You know, I never had family... I never felt close to anyone before I met Ross in college. It.... I always wished I
had family... and now, thanks to you... I do."

"Chandler... Ross, and Rach, and Phoebs, and Joey, and Monica... they are like family to you... you said so."

He smiled. "But not real family... you’re flesh and blood family, Destiny Bing."

She smiles and hugs him again. "I’m really glad we had Bing Day today."

"Why today? What’s today?"

She smiles up at him. "Today is... today is really hard for me cause..." She sniffed and wiped at her tears. "Today is the day I went into rehab." She laughed slightly
and held up one finger. "One year today, I’ve been sober."