The one with Joey's big decision
by Trisha



SCENE: Joey & Chandlers apartment. Only Joey is there. Phoebe just comes in.

PHOE: Hey Joey! One more week till the wedding. I can't believe they are getting married.

JOEY:(looks upset) Yeah me either.

PHOE: What's wrong?

JOEY: Ok well the producers of the movie called and they want me to come down on Saturday which is Monica & Chandler's
wedding. I mean I warned them before and they said it would be fine but I'm the Best Man I have to be there. What would you
do?

PHOE: First off there is no way I could be the Best Man.

JOEY: No not about that. Would you go make a movoe or attend your best friends wedding?

PHOE: Oh, oh that. I would go to the wedding but I'm not an actor & this movie could be your big break. Well I have to find
Rachel. Bye.(Phoebe leaves)

JOEY:(being sacrastic) Yeah thanks for your help.
 
 

SCENE: Central Perk. Everyone but Joey is there. Rachel is sitting in a chair. Ross is sitting in the other one. Chandler is sitting on
the coach with Monica leaning on him & Phoebe is sitting on the arm of the coach.

RACH: Ok Monica I have been thinking. When you guys get married where am I going to live?

MON:(very tired) Where ever you want.

RACH: What?

CHAN: Don't mind her. She is half awake & half asleep. Will Monica was hoping that you & me could just switch apartments.

RACH: & live with Joey?

CHAN: Well will you?

RACH: Fine. How long though?

CHAN: You want the apartment back?

RACH: You mean this is like forever living in that apartment with Joey!

CHAN: Not forever. One of you guys will get married.

RACH: Fine, fine, fine. I am only do this as a wedding gift because I didn't buy you anything but now I bought you an apartment.

ROSS: Ok well lets move on. Would anyone like to come to my house and have dinner with me?

PHOE/RACH: That sounds nice.

CHAN: We would come but we have dinner with my mom & your parents tonight.

ROSS: Oh I bet Monica is looking forward for that.

CHAN: Actually she was awake all night deciding what to wear.(looks down at her. She is asleep.)

ROSS: Ok well I'm gonna go start cooking dinner. Do you guys wanna come help me?

PHOE: No not really.

RACH: Hey Pheebs you can come with me. I will get some beer.

PHOE: Ok well bye Chandler.

CHAN: Bye you guys.(the rest leave.) Monica, wake up we have dinner with our parents in a hour.

MON:(still sleepy) Well then we better get ready.
 
 

SCENE: The restuarant. Monica's parents Jack & Judy are already there.

JUDY: This is just like Monica to be late.(Monica, Chandler & his mom Nora come sit down.)

MON: Hi Mom & dad. This is Nora, Chandler's mom.

NORA: Well hi! Long time no see.

JUDY: Yes I know.

WAITER: Are you guys ready to order?

NORA: I'll take you best wine.

JUDY/JACK: Coffee

WAITER: & how about you two?

NORA: They can have some of my wine.

WAITER: Ok your drinks will be out soon.

MON:(just to Chandler) I think I will need more then just wine.
 
 

SCENE: Ross's apartment. Ross, Rachel & Phoebe are already there. Joey comes in.

ROSS: I didn't know you were coming. Phoebe told me you had some thinking to do.

JOEY: Yeah well I knew Rachel was going to be here & I need to ask her a question.

RACH: Yes it's true I'm moving in with you.

JOEY: Really? Wow! Ok anyway that wasen't my question. Say you had a lead in a movie but the day it started shooting was
your best friends wedding. What would you do?

RACH: The wedding because you might get the job in another movie but maybe your best friend won't get married again.

JOEY: You are the best. I have to call the producers & cancel. Bye!(Joey leaves)

ROSS: I can't believe he listened to you. This could of been his big break.

PHOE: Ross you just want to be the Best Man.

RACH: Well I know Monica would be upset if one of her best friends wouldn't be able to come. That's why I told him that.

ROSS: I guess you right. I'm just being selfish. Anyway, lets eat!
 
 

SCENE: The resturant. They have just gotten the bill & are all talking.

JACK: Where is the honeymoon at?

MON: Hawii.

NORA: Oh Hawii is so pretty.

JUDY: Do you plan on swimming dear?

MON: Yeah why?

JUDY: Well maybe you might want to go to the gym to work out. It looks like you gained some weight.

MON:(she looks pissed) Mom maybe you might want to go to the gym. I believe you fatter then me!

CHAN: Monica it's ok honey. Sit down!

JACK: Well anyway Nora, how's your new book coming?

NORA: It's going great.
 
 

SCENE: Joey & Chandler's apartment.

JOEY(on the phone.) OK hi this is Joey Tribbiani......Yeah well I'm sorry for the short notice but I can't be in your movie.......No
I'm a Best Man in this wedding on Saturday......Yeah well I'm sorry. Thanks anyway........ok Bye!
 
 

SCENE: The resturant.

MON: Who's that? They are coming right this way.

CHAN: Oh my god!

NORA: What's wrong honey?

CHAN: Well look mom.

NORA: Oh my god! Chandler it will be ok. Don't start smoking again.(Chandler looks at his mom with the thanks for your support
face.)

GUY: Hi Nora. You look great, & my little Channy is all grown up!

MON:(laughing) Channy?

CHAN: Oh shutup! This is my dad. Dad this is Monica my wife to be & these are her parents.

MON: Oh my it's so nice to meet you Mr.Bing.

GUY: Wow! You are so pretty!(Monica is blushing.)

JUDY: Oh so your Chandler's gay dad. Nice to meet you.

JACK: Judy! You don't say that kind of stuff in peoples face.

GUY: It's ok. I get it a lot.

NORA: Ok well I have a plane to catch. I'll see you Saturday.(She goes & kisses Monica & Chandler on the cheeks.)

JACK: Ok Judy we should go too. Bye my little Harmonica. See you Saturday.

JUDY: & remember what I said about the weight.

MON: Bye dad & don't worry mom I will.

CHAN: Ok bye dad we should go.

GUY: No I think we should talk. Why am I not invited to my son's wedding?

CHAN: Well I haven't seen you since I was 8. How did you find out?

GUY: I got your phone number & your room mate told me. So am I invited?

CHAN: Dad you don't know what you have done. I was the laughing stock at school. You don't know how bad you hurt me. Then
Monica came & she has helped me. I think if you came to my wedding then it would just ruin in.

GUY: Chandler, I'm sorry.

CHAN: Sorry dosen't cut it. Come on Monica.

MON: It was nice to meet you. Bye.
 
 

SCENE: Joey & Chandler's apartment. Monica & Chandler just walk in. Joey is watching tv.

JOEY: Oh hey Chandler. Your dad called!

MON: He knows. Chandler, just go to bed ok. I'm gonna go home.(Chandler goes to his room.)

JOEY: Oh before you leave I have to tell you something.

MON: Ok what is it?

JOEY: Well the producers of the movie said shooting starts on Saturday.....

MON:(upset) Oh that's great Joey!

JOEY: Let me finish. I said I can't come because I am going to my best friends wedding!( Monica goes over to hug.)

MON: Well that's great that you can come but if you want to make to the movie go ahead.

JOEY: No I want to see my best friends get married. I can be in another movie but I might not be able to see my friends get
married again.

MON: You are the greatest.(She kisses him on the cheeks.) Well I'm going to bed, bye.

ENDING SCENE:

SCENE: Ross's aprtment. Ross, Rach, & Phoebe are all drunk & I mean really drunk!

PHOE: Let's get Voodoo dolls of my sister.

ROSS: Nah. How about we to a dance club?

RACH: No way. Hey lets pretend we are Joey & make a movie.

PHOE: Oh ok. Ross do you have a camera?

ROSS: Yeah. What's the movie about?

RACH: Oh it could be a porn movie.

PHOE: That sounds fun! Are you in Rossy oussy man?

ROSS: Yeah of Ursula.

RACH: He called you an evil persons name.

PHOE: Oh shutup you you you...

RACH: Oh in the movie can I be a cheerleader?

ROSS: Yeah & I'm going to be a real live cowboy. How about you Ursula?

PHOE: That not my name! My name is Felluha & I'm a robot.

RACH: This is going to be the best movie ever!

END

Any comments are welcomed at Cinn25@aol.com. I hope you liked it.

Trisha