The one with the accident
 by Trisha



SCENE: Monica & Rachel's apartment. It's about midnight & only Monica is there reading a magazine on the coach.

(Phone rings)MON: Hello......Oh hi Joey........What?.........What happened?.......JOEY DON'T HANG(Joey hangs up the phone
on the other end.) up!

SCENE: A hospital. Joey is in the waiting room.

MON: Joey are you ok?

JOEY: Yeah I just hurt my wrist really bad. Actually I broke it that's why it's in a cast.

MON: Oh well I'm glad you are all right. How is Chandler?

JOEY: Well the other car hit our car on his side, and he is in surgery right now.(Monica is crying & Joey goes to hug her.)

(The rest of the gang comes in.)

RACH: Oh Joey I'm glad you are ok.(They see Monica who is crying a lot.)

ROSS: Mon don't worry he will be fine. Right Joey?

JOEY: Yeah he should be fine.

PHOE: Ok I'm going to get coffee. Who wants to come with me?

RACH: I'll come with you. Ross,Joey, Mon, do you guys want coffee?

ROSS/JOEY: No thanks.

MON: Yeah I will have a cup.

A COUPLE HOURS LATER

NURSE: Ok only family my go see Mr.Bing right now. Are any of you guys family?

MON: No!

PHOE: Well she is almost family.

NURSE: How are you almost family?

MON: I'm his finacee.

NURSE: Ok you may go in.(Monica leaves to go see Chandler.)

JOEY: I hope Monica will be ok.

RACH: Yeah. Was Chandler hurt really bad?

JOEY: Not that bad but a lot worse then me.

ROSS: I wish we could all go in & see him.

PHOE: I could so tell one of us was going to get in a car accident today!

ALL: How?

PHOE: Well when I woke up I felt like milk insted of juice.

ALL: Oh ok.(They all look with her with that you are so weird look.)
 
 

SCENE: Chandler's hospital room.

MON: Chandler are you ok?

CHAN: I don't know. Right now I have a headache & these needles in my arm really hurt but I am still a little drugged out so I
can't feel anything else.

MON: Well Joey only has a broken wrist.

CHAN: (Sarcastic) Oh that made feel a lot better.

MON: I just want you to get better before our wedding.(She is crying again)

CHAN: Don't cry sweety. I'm ok & I'll be all right.

NURSE: I'm sorry but you have to go now. He needs his sleep.

CHAN: Don't worry I'll be all right. Why don't you go home to get some sleep too.

MON:(She goes & kisses him on the top of his head.) Bye Chandler, I love you.

CHAN: I love you too.
 
 

SCENE: Monica & Rachel's apartment. Everyone is there except Chandler & Monica is in her room sleeping.

ROSS: Do you think my sister will be all right?

RACH: I don't know. She was crying all night. She also told me that he looked terrible.

PHOE: Yeah her karma is out of whack. I should really go now. Bye!

ALL: Bye Pheebs.

ROSS: I would stay with her today but I have to work.

RACH: I know. I have to work too.

JOEY: Hey I can stay with her.

RACH: That would be great. Just don't say anything about him. Ok?

JOEY: What am I that stupid?

ROSS/RACH:(They look at Joey with a very strange look) Well we got to go. Bye Joe!

JOEY: Bye!

A COUPLE HOURS LATER. Joey is watching & Monica comes out of her room. Her eyes are very red.

MON: Hey Joey! What are you doing here?

JOEY: Well since everyone else is at work I came here because I knew you would be home.

MON: Ok well I'm going to take a shower.

JOEY: Ok. Do you want anything though like coffee or anything to eat because I can run & get something.

MON: Oh can you go to McDonalds & get me a cinnamon roll & orange juice?

JOEY: Yeah sure.(pause) Do you have any money?

MON:(In the bathroom) Look in my purse.(Joey is looking at all the candy in it) Oh & don't take one piece of candy!

JOEY: Dang! She's good!
 
 

SCENE: Monica & Rachel's apartment. This is at night now. Monica , Rachel & Joey are the only ones there.

MON: I don't feel like cooking. I'm going to lay in my bed & read.

RACH: Ok Mon. I'll order pizza.(Monica goes into her room.) So how was she today?

JOEY: I didn't know she ate that much! She made me go to McDonalds then a hour later she said how about we go to Burger
King. She just ate all day! Does she always do that when she is upset?

RACH: I guess. I really don't know!

JOEY: Should we take her to see Chandler tonight?

RACH: Yeah. How about right now?

JOEY: Ok.(He's yelling) Monica lets go to the hospital.(Monica comes running out.)

MON: Ok lets go!
 
 

SCENE: Chandler's hospital room.

CHAN: Hey! They let all you guys in this time?

JOEY: Well I'm your brother & Rachel is your cousin, & Monica is a finacee.

CHAN: They believed that? I mean except for the part with Monica.

RACH: Yeah they looked at us but they were like ok go in.

MON: How are you feeling?

CHAN: I feel better but my arm is still killing me. How are you?

MON: I'm fine.

JOEY: No you aren't. You should of seen everything she ate today.

MON: I was hungry.

JOEY: So you ate McDonalds, Buger King & had 4 bowls of ice cream in 3 hours. That isen't normal for you.

MON:(Looking angry at Joey) Well maybe I just needed a lot to eat today.(Now looking at Chandler sweetly.) Do you think you
will be ok in time for the wedding? It's in a month you know!

CHAN: I should. I'm only going to be in the hospital for 2 more days.

JOEY: Oh yeah. The chick & the duck miss you!

CHAN: Well I miss them too.

RACH: Well Chandler I hope you feel better but I'm tired so I'm going to go home. Bye.(She goes & gives him a hug)

CHAN: Bye Rach!

JOEY: Yeah I'm gonna go with Rachel so I can leave you guys alone. Bye man & see you later.

CHAN: Bye Joey.(Joey & Rach both leave.) So Mon you were depressed today?

MON: Well yeah sorta. I missed you & I wanted you to be home so I knew you were all right.

CHAN: Don't worry about me. You should just be worried about the wedding.

MON: Yeah I know. Do you mind if I sleep here tonight?

CHAN: No I could use the company.

MON: Ok good because I don't want to leave you.(She goes & gives him a hug & a sweet kiss.)

CHAN: There's a chair over there.(Monica goes & brings the chair over by the bed.
 
 

SCENE: Rach & Mon's apartment. Rachel & Joey just walked in.

PHOE: Ross & I were worried. Where were you guys?

JOEY: Visiting Chandler.

ROSS: & where is Monica?

RACH: She is staying with Chandler tonight.

ROSS: Oh Pheebs do you want to visit Chandler in the morning?

PHOE: Yeah. Do you think Monica would care though?

RACH: No, she's not crabby. She would probally be happy that you guys came.

PHOE: Ok well see you in the morning Ross.

ROSS: Ok Phoebe!(Phoebe leaves)

JOEY: Why did she think the Monica would care?

ROSS: Something to do with her karma.
 
 

SCENE: Chandler's hospital room. Chandler just woke up & Monica is sleeping with her head on the bed. Ross & Phoebe just
came in.

CHAN:(Quietly) Hey guys! Monica is asleep so be quiet.

PHOE/ROSS: Ok. How are you?

CHAN: Well the doctors told me & Monica last night that I can leave tonight insted of tommarow night.

PHOE: I knew it!

ROSS: Well that's great. I bet Monica was happy.

CHAN: Yeah she was. She was getting all hyper.

PHOE: Oh who's taking you home?

CHAN: Um....no one.

ROSS: I could pick you up after work today.

CHAN: Yeah that would be great.(Monica wakes up)

MON: What would be great?

ROSS: Oh well I am going to take him home tonight. Do you have a problem with that?

MON: No. I have to go. Bye guy. Bye Chandler(she goes & kisses him)

ALL: Bye Mon.

ROSS: Pheebs & I should go too.

CHAN: Ok well bye.
 
 

ENDING SCENE: Monica & Rachel's apartment. There is a banner that says welcome home & there are balloons everywhere.
The gang is there minus Ross & Chandler.

MON: What is taking them so long?

JOEY: I don't know. Maybe they got in a car accident.(Everyone looks at him.) Ok that wasen't funny!

Ross & Chandler walk in.

MON: Welcome home Chandler!(She runs to him & gives him a passionate kiss)

RACH,JOEY & PHOE: Welcome home!

CHAN: Thanks! I hate hospitals so staying in one for a couple days was horrible!

ROSS: I'm sorry I can't stay but I have to babysit Ben this weekend! Bye youm guys!

ALL: Bye!

JOEY: Are you coming home tonight?

CHAN: Yeah. I have to see the chick & the duck. Monica, you can stay over if you want.

MON: Ok I will. Bye Rach & Phoebe. Oh Phoebe if you want you can stay in my room if you don't want to go.

PHOE: Thanks. I am just too tired to go home!

MON: Ok just make the bed in the morning. Bye!(Joey, Chandler & Monica lave.)

PHOE: I have to make the bed & look it's not even made for me!

RACH: That is so unlike Monica. Just remember to make in the morning, otherwise she will kill you!

PHOE: Ok I will. Goodnight Rach!

RACH: Goodnight Pheebs.

                                              END

I hope you enjoyed this story. Any comments are welcomed at Cinn25@aol.com. Thanks!

Trisha