From: "Tracey" <tracey@deanmount.sol.co.uk>
Subject: New fanfic 4 ur site
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:27:38 +0100
 

TOW Stewart

By Tracey

This Fanfic is my first and I would love feedback, I will try to write back to everyone who writes to me eventually, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the fanfic writers out there, without them I would never have had the guts and inspiration to do this. It takes place probably in season five everyone knows about C&M but they don’t live together and they have said their I love yous.

There is more to come but only if I get feedback, the next one is a work in progress. I can take criticism, but please make it constructive, I seem to be going through a low self-esteem phase.

Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters blah, blah you know the drill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Everyone at Central Perk Ross and Joey at the table, Mon and Chan on the side closest to them on the couch and Rach is beside Chan, Phoe is on the comfy seat.
 
Rach: (Just finishing a story) So I said yes, I wasn’t going to but then I thought what the hell…. His brother is really cute.
Joey: I cannot believe how shallow you are.

Monica: You’re hardly one to talk. (All digress into arguing to be interrupted by a stranger who wanders in who we know only as a voice)

Stranger: OH MY GAWD!!!! (All freeze but don’t dare turn around, Chandler slowly turns,)
 
 

Chan: Oh my god... (He stands and goes to the stranger shaking HIS hand) Everyone this is Stewart, Stewart this is everybody, (everyone has turned by now). (Pointing respectively as he says the names) this is Phoebe and Rachel, Ross, Joey and Monica.

Stew: You know this is exactly as I pictured all of you

Mon: I think I speak for all of us when I say pu..hu, I don’t mean to be rude (throws Chandler a how-can-you-do-this-to-us glare) who are you ? (Joey and Ross are squinting at the stranger as if to say I know this person)

Chan: Well Mon I thought that would have been obvious…can’t you see the family resemblance (pauses, off you Monicas look, nervously) This is Janices brother. (Joey and Ross click then worriedly look at each other open-mouthed like I-must-get-outta-here)

Ross: (Hurriedly) Well better get back to work (shakes Stewarts hand) nice to meet you Stewart, sorry I can’t stay, no doubt I’ll hear (well over emphasising) ALL about this (quietly) encounter. (Leaves)

Joey: Yeah I’m with him (Runs out knocking coffee all over Gunther as he runs out)

Stew: (Confused) Well they must be some hell of a work - aholic working on a Sunday afternoon, what do they do?

Pheo: Ross is a dinosaur aholic, we often can’t get him to shut up. Joey pretends for a living…(off in her own land) Cool, I’ve never thought of it that way before, Anyway.

Stew: OOOKKKKKK

Chan: (Gesturing for him to sit) What are you doing in this neck of the woods?

Stew: (Sitting) I was at an interview about 2 blocks from here, I was just looking for a coffee.

Pheo: An interview…..OH MY, that’s where I am supposed to be, sorry I have to go (Gets up to leave gets to the door and turns, he turns to face her) But why don’t you come to dinner then you can get to know all of us, where are you staying?

Stew: In a hotel nearby.

Phoe: A hotel, don’t be silly you can stay with Joey and Chandler (Chandler gesturing NO NO behind his back, as Stew turns Chan covers by pretending to scratch his arm)

Stew: (Humble) I couldn’t possibly impose.

Pheo: No, imposition, Come to Monicas at eight we will eat then, she’s across the hall from Chandler you should know where that is, see you then (she leaves, he turns again everyone is all awkward)

Stew: This is so great, I can’t tell you how much this means to me, it would really help me out, and I’ll only be in town a few days, my motel is really horrible and well over priced but it was all I could get at such short notice, (over-excited) I guess I’ll grab my stuff and meet you upstairs (stands, takes Chandlers hand and starts rapidly shaking it, and virtually forcing Chandler to stand, starts to move toward the door) I feel like I know you all so well already, (to Chandler) Janice thinks the world of you, (to the others) I’ll see you all soon thank you so much (leaves)

(Chandlers sits exhausted, exasperated from the events looks to others for support)

Mon: (Crosses arms and legs away from Chandler) Thinks the world of you does she?

Rach: (Uncomfortable) You know what … I might just go yell at Phoebe (Runs out)

Chan: (Trying to comfort her, he puts his hand on her back) Mon…

Mon: (Annoyed, she gets up turns to talk to him and says) You know I can’t believe this, we are going so well right now, I don’t want to have to start competing with…

Chan: (Interrupting, grabs her hands) You don’t have to compete with anyone, because I love you and I don’t want anyone else.

Mon: (calmer, doubtful) Maybe… This just took me off guard I guess (panicking) God…I don’t have anything to cook, Joey has been at mine all day, I have to go buy food, (starts to leave, Chandler still has her hands)(trying to get away) I’ll see you later then…(he won’t let go) Chandler.

Chan: (smiling) Not without a kiss.

(She smiles and bends down and kisses him very gently and tenderly on the lips)

Mon: (Moving to the door) I’ll see you later, (turning) grab some wine for me will you.

Chan: Sure, see ya. (Mon leaves, Chan turns and sees that he is alone) Oh.

(Mon and Rachs, Joey and Ross are playing cards at the kitchen table and Rach is reading a magazine on the window seat)(Mon enters with shopping bags looking flustered)

Mon: Can you believe some people?

(Ross and Joey look up but stay seated; Rach closes her mag and comes down to talk to Mon)
 

Rach: What happened?

Mon: (Obviously on a short fuse snaps) You were there weren’t you, Phoebe happened, where the hell is she anyway you guys are always here aren’t you, maybe if some of you (looking at Joey) weren’t I wouldn’t need to have fought through a dozen supermarkets to get ingredients for a dish I can’t possibly make to perfection in (looks at clock, while dumping bags violently on kitchen table, wrecking Ross and Joeys card game) three hours and I have to make myself so irresistible that Chandler will realise that there really is no one else worth it in the world and to top it all off my period started this morning. (all look stunned at Mons outburst)

Rach: (still dumbfounded) well sweetie…we can help with food preparation and it will get done we’ll help as much as we can as will Phoebe and Chandler when they arrive.

Mon: (sighs) I’m sorry guys I know you’re right I guess I’m just sick of everyone taking me so much for granted.

Rach: (hugs her) It’s ok sweetie, we’re sorry now lets get started on that delicious meal.

Time lapse (most of the food seems to have been done, with little help from anyone (mon wouldn’t let that happen would she) the room is done up all nice with candles, not romantically just for and intimate atmosphere, the table is set, with the good things (obviously), the room is empty.

Rach enters from her room looking all pretty various on cue woo-hoos from the audience,

Rach: Where is everyone, it’s seven forty-five, this better not be some sort of joke (Joey and Ross burst in in suits, arguing)

Joey: look man, I’m sorry but it was totally my game

Ross: Nu uh, I was winning (they continue arguing until Rach interrupts)

Rach: Guys, this really isn’t the time, finish it later.

Joey: Fine, we will finish it later (Ross and him turn away from each other)(Phoebe enters, looking all pretty)

Pheo: Hey, wow what’s with all the conflicting aura in here

Rach: Pheebs, now might not be the best time to tell you but Mon isn’t very happy with you right now…

Joey: (Annoyed) Yeah, in fact none of us are, how could you invite Janices brother to dinner, do you remember how annoying Janice is…and…and as if that weren’t bad enough she has had sex with two of our group members and now she will be after me (full of himself smile) saving the best ‘til last (stops when he notices everyone just looking him)

Pheo: I am going through a hospitable phase at the moment, (everyone gives her looks)…ok then KARMA, I believe in karma and that’s what this is

(Chan enters with wine in hand)

Chan: (sighs) lets get this over with then

Joey: (approaches him) hey man is it true he’s gonna stay with us, cause if he stays I leave, seeing Janice when you dated was bad enough, (Mon enters from her room all pretty)

Chan: (to get away from Joey, goes to Mon, who is tasting something from a pot on the cooker, he comes up from behind her and puts his arms around her waist and kisses her neck) someone is very pretty this evening as always…(kisses her neck again) and smells good to…how much time do we have before dinner?

Mon: (smiling) not that much time…

Ross: (disgusted) Oh, please, do you two remember we are still here, and that you are my best friend and my baby sister.

Mon: (serious) I’m glad we have a little time before dinner, I wanted to discuss something with you before Stuart arrives (ushers everyone to the seating area , all sit, Ross in the chair with Pheebs on the arm, Chan on the far side of the sofa with Mon beside him and Joey on her other side, Rach sits on the coffee table.)

Mon: I haven’t discussed this with Chandler and I probably should have (Chandler looks concerned) but it does or will affect all of you

Rach: What’s up?

Mon: Well as you all know, Stuart is Janices brother and I was thinking that maybe…perhaps…that is it might be…

Joey: Will you spit it out? (Dirty looks from all but Mon) What?

Mon: (Turns to Chandler) Honey, I think it might be best if we see other people.

The end, for now. TO BE CONTINUED depending on feedback

Feedback for the continuation, if I don’t get feedback, I’ll assume you all hated it and you’ll never here from me again, but in the event you’re remotely interested the address is: tracey@deanmount.sol.co.uk