The One Where Chandler and Monica Meet Again Part 2
By Joey Bing

This continues from the first part. I strongly suggest you read it, or it won't make sense!

NOTE: I don't own these characters. Just borrowing them for some entertainment to fill up my boring school days. I also want to give credit to Kelsey who's been helping me with the ideas, and helping me try to make it partially realistic.

The drive into Banff was silent, neither saying a word. Chandler glanced over at Monica a few times, but she was busy staring out the window.
When he finally parked the car, Monica spoke.
“It’s really pretty here. I can understand why you moved here.”
“I guess so,” Chandler replied. Seeing Monica’s confused look, Chandler added. “I’ve never spent much time looking around. I only came out here when they dragged me. I was too... I spent the majority of my time working.”
“Oh,” Monica paused. “Where do you want to go today?”
“I don’t care,” Chandler replied. “I just don’t want to walk around much.” He stretched his arms. “I’m still sore from snowboarding. Come on, let’s go look around.” Chandler grabbed Monica’s hand and started to walk down the street. “There is one thing I do want to do today.”
“What?”
“You’ll see.”

Meanwhile, over at Lake Louise, Kelly and Joey were having a small problem. Unlike the day before, people were recognizing Joey instantly. Spotting Joey’s face on the cover of a local newspaper, they understood why. Everyone was on the lookout for Joey Tribiannie, and it seemed like everyone in Alberta had decided to come to see if they could catch a glimpse.
Joey and Kelly quickly gave up the idea of going on the half pie. The majority of the crowd was over in the snowboard park. They didn’t want to be mobed, so they snowboarded on the less crowded hills.
At lunch time, they met up with Phoebe, Rachel, Ross, Josie and Sam in the cafeteria. Gathering around Joey, trying to hide him from view, they quickly made it through the cafeteria line.
Unfortunately, because of the pile of sandwich’s and Rachel’s comment of “JOEY!” Joeys’ location became known. In less then a minute, the seven friends found themselves surrounded, Joey still in the middle.

While the others were being swamped, Chandler and Monica were still wandering Banff, although now they were carrying around a few bags as well. As they passed by a small café type restaurant, Chandler stopped.
“Let’s go inside and get something to eat,” he suggested.
“Sounds good,” Monica replied. The two entered the small restaurant and quickly found a table. There weren’t many people in the restaurant. A young waitress quickly came over to serve them.
“What’s going on?” Chandler asked. “Normally Banff is much busier.”
“Didn’t you see the news?” the girl asked. “Joey Tribianie is here! I’m going over to Lake Louise as soon as I get off work! That’s where everyone saw him!”
“Oh no,” Monica said softly.
“Is something wrong?” The girl questioned.
“No, nothing at all,” Monica quickly replied. She and Chandler ordered their lunch quickly and the waitress left.
“Well, I’m glad we didn’t go to Lake Louise with the others today,” Chandler joked. “I bet they’re getting mobed!”
“No kidding,” Monica laughed. “Why don’t we go back to the cabins after lunch. I bet they’ll be coming home early today.”

When Chandler and Monica arrived back at the cabins, they found the rest waiting for them in Chandler’s.
“How come you guys are back?” asked Phoebe.
“We were eating lunch when we found out that everyone knew Joey was here,” Monica replied.
“We figured that you guys would be back early, so we thought we’d come home,” Chandler added.
“Thanks,” Joey smiled at the two. “I was hoping I could get througha vacation without the press. It’s just my luck...”
“Don’t worry Joey,” Kelly said. “Tomorrow we can go to a different ski hill. Everyone will still be hoping to spot you at Lake Louise.”
“I guess so.”
“What’s everyone planning on doing tonight?” Ross broke the silence that had fallen over the group.
“I think I better stay home,” Joey replied with a sigh.
“I’ll stay with you,” Kelly volunteered.
“Me too,” Phoebe added. “We can watch movies and order in pizza.”
“Sounds good,” Joey nodded. “What are the rest of you going to do?”
“Umm...” Chandler looked over at Monica. “Actually, I was going to ask Monica if she wanted to go out for dinner tonight, someplace nice.”
“Sure,” Monica nodded. “I’d love to.”
“Oh, you know where you should go?” Josie said eagerly. “I’ve been trying to convince Sam to take me there. It’s a new restaurant that’s also got dancing.”
“Oh,” Chandler shrugged. “What do you think Mon?”
“Sounds okay to me. Why don’t Sam, Josie, Ross and Rachel join us?”
“Do you guys want to?” Chandler asked the others.
“Why no?” Ross answered. “It might be fun.”
“Okay, I’ll phone and get reservations for .... 7 o’clock. We should probably leave at about 6. Sound goo?” Chandler asked.
“Yeah,” Everyone nodded.

At 6 o’clock, Chandler, Ross and Sam approached the door of Ross’s cabin. Inside, Monica, Rachel and Josie were getting ready for dinner. Chandler reached out and knocked. They heard Josie shout just a minute before she opened the door.
She invited the three guys in, where she reassured them that the other two were almost ready. A few minutes later Rachel came out and a few minutes after that, Monica joined the rest. Like Rossa nd Sam’s reactions to Rachel and Josie’s appearances, Chandler stared at Monica speechless.
“What do you think?” Monica asked Chandler as they exited the cabin.
“Wow! ... You look... wow!” was all that Chandler could get out.
“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself!”

After dinner, Sam and Josie, Rachel and Ross headed out onto the dance floor.
“So...” Chandler started.
“So... what?” Monica asked.
“You wanna dance?” Chandler finally replied.
“Sure,” Chandler stood up and offered her his hand. Monica took it and he lead her onto the dance floor.
Just as they reached the floor, the music changed and the DJ put on a slow song. Chandler placed his hand around Monica’s waist, and pulled her closer. Monica rested her head on his chest.
From across the dance floor, their friends watched with smiles on their faces as Chandler and Monica danced.
This is how it should be, Chandler decided. Together. “I love you,” he whispered softly to Monica.

The next day the gang decided to head over to Nakiska for a day of skiing and snowboarding. After purhcansing lift tickets and getting strapped into their skis and snowboards, the headed up the mountain.
“What hill should we take?” Kelly asked as they reached the top.
“How about that one?” Joey suggested, pointing behind them.
“Sounds okay to me,” Phoebe nodded. They all slowly moved over to the top of the hill, where the snowboarders strapped themselves in.
As Chandler, Kelly and Sam got ready to push off, Monica spoke up.
“Um guys?” Monica asked hesitantly. “I don’t think I can ski donw this hill. It’s too steep.”
“I agree,” Ross nodded. “Maybe we should try another trail.”
“Oh come on guys, this is fun!” Chandler said excitedly as he pushed off. Sam and Kelly followed quickly after him. When they were about halfway down the mountain, the rest started to get ready to go down, starting to realize how easy it was.
“Hey,” Rachel paused. “What’s that sound?”
Everyone paused as a loud rumbling sound was heard.
“Oh my god!!” Josie shouted, the first to recognize the sound. “Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!!!”
“What?” Moncia asked, as panic started to overwhelm her. “What’s going...” Monica trailed offa s the rumbling grew lounder. Looking up the hill, Monica almost fainted as she saw the wall of snow barrelling down the hill in front of them. Monica started to move backwards and Joey quickly came over to help support her.
The six friends watched in terror as the avalance rapidly approached their three friends.

Meanwhile down on the hill, Chandler, Sam and Kelly were trying desperatly to get out of it’s path. Unfortuantely they were not fast enough and before they reached the side, they were hit.
Chandler had never felt anything like this before. It was almost as if he was flying, as he felt himself being thrown into the air. The feeling didn’t last long, as the landed and started to tumble head over heels down the hill.
Sam and Kelly were going through the same things, although Sam did get a little lucky. As he tumbled down the hill, the avalanche manged to thrown him out of it’s path. When he finally stopped falling and tumbling, Sam collapsed into a heap, where he lay, to tired to move.

Back up on the hill, Monica and Josie were hysterical, and the others were trying to calm them down, as well as keep themselves calm.
“What do we do?” Rachel cried out.
“Go get help!” Josie screamed. “We need to start searching. Go! GO!”
“Okay, Okay, everyone calm down!” Joey shouted above the rest. Everyone went silent, except for the sound of Josie and Monica’s sobbing. “Okay, Phoebe can you go get help? Ross, Rachel and Monica can’t ski well, and Josie’s in no shape to go. I think I better stay here.”
“Sure Joe,” Phoebe nodded and grabbed her snowboard and ran off.
“Okay, everyone else, get out of your ski’s. We have to go start searching.”
“What if it starts again?” Rachel protested.
“We have to chance it. They could die!”
“They might already be dead,” Ross pointed out.
“Don’t talk like that,” Monica screamed at her brother. “He can’t be dead. None of them can be! It’s not possible.”
“I know, I’m sorry Mon,” Ross gave his sister a hug. “Let’s go find them. The sooner we start looking the sooner we’ll find them, okay?”
“Yeah,” Mon nodded. Everyone quickly took off their ski’s and snowboards and they started down the mountain at a run. They stopped when they had reached where they thought they had seen their friends last.
“Okay, I think we should spread out in a line,” Joey stated. “That way we can cover more area. Since we don’t have the proper equipment, I think we better stick to just looking for snowboards or any part of them sticking out of the snow. When the actual rescuers get here, they can use their stick things. Got it?”
Everyone nodded silently, and fanned out in a line. Slowly, they started down the hill. They had gone about 25 meters, when Ross shouted for them to stop.
“What?” Joey shouted back.
“I’ve found SAM!” Ross replied.
“What?” Joey shouted again.
“SAM!!” Ross hollered.
As soon as they heard that, the five friends sprinted over towards Ross, who was heading over to the side of the avalanche. As the got nearer, they could see Ross bending over a brightly coloured figure.
“Sam!” Josie shrieked. “Oh my god, Sam!” She collapsed beside Ross on the ground. She moved quickly behind Sam, and lifted his head up and placed on her lap. “Oh Sam.”
After Josie had gotten over her initial shock at finding him, she turned to the others. “I’ve got to stay here with Sam. He shouldn’t move his neck. But you guys, keep searching. Every minute counts.”
Joey nodded and stood up from Sam’s side. “He’s going to be okay Josie.”
“I know, I know,” Josie nodded. “Now go and find the others.”

As the four friends turned back to the avalanche, the were met with the sight of reinforcements. They quickly hurried over to the others.
“Phoebe!” Joey shouted, trying to get Phoebe’s attention. She was busing talking to one of the rescuers.
Hearing Joey, Phoebe turned in her friends direction. “What Joey?”
“We found Sam!” Joey shouted, waving his arms excitedly.
“Who?”
“SAM!”
As soon as Joey had shouted that they had found one, a group of rescuers hurried over to him. He showed them to Josie and Sam. After quickly checking to make sure there was no serious damage done, the rescuers formed a line like Joey had before, and they started down the hill again.
About ten minutes later, they had managed to locate Kelly. Joey had noticed a snowboard sticking out of the snow.
She was unconscious when they found her, but quickly relieved. She had suffered a bit worse than Sam, but not much, having stopped falling at about the same time as Sam.
As the time wore on, they still hadn’t located Chandler. Monica was in tears, and no matter how hard anyone tried, no one could comfort her. She refused to give up hope that he was alive, something that most of the rescuers had given up after the first hour had passed. She just knew that he couldn’t have died. He wouldn’t do that to her, not after they had just gotten back together. It wasn’t possible.
Monica trudged up and down the mountain, looking for any sign of Chandler. But like the other’s, she didn’t find a thing. Not even a glove or hat to show he had been there. As the second hour approached, almost everyone had given up hope.
Ross slowly walked up to Monica. He turned her to face him. “Mon, I think you need to realize that Chandler’s probably...”

To Be Continued! And I'm actually already working on the continuation!