IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!
BY CREASSYA



This takes place after Steamy Days and Nights. The gang has returned home from California. Chandler and Monica have spent the remainder of their summer vacation together, along with spending time with the gang. Chandler and Monica have now taken their relationship to the next level. Monica's nervous about returning to school with Chandler as her boyfriend. She feels that it may cause some problems with the two of them. Let's see what kind of problems they'll actually have to deal with......
 

It's that time again. Back to school. I hate to see the summer end. Last summer I was looking forward to returning back to school because I had finally lost weight. This year, I return to school with a new boyfriend, Chandler, who's also my bestfriend. We've spent a lot of time together this past year. We're really close. I just hope we stay that way. I guess I'm a little nervous about people finding out about us in school. I'm afraid that once everyone knows that we're now together, they'll find ways to break us up. I don't know if I can handle that. I expressed this to Chandler, but he's not worried. He's determined to keep us together no matter what happens. I sure hope he feels that way throughout the rest of the year. Chandler's looking forward to going back to school thought. He and Joey are seniors now and they keep saying that this year will be the best year of their lives. I can't wait until my senior year gets here. I'm SO ready to get out of school.

Monica

She put her diary away just as Chandler knocked on the door and entered her room.

"You ready?"

"I guess so."

"Come on, stop worrying," he said walking over to her.

"I can't help it."

"I won't let anyone bother you."

"My hero," Monica said , touching his face.

The gang arrived to school together. Chandler and Monica were holding hands. Before they even entered the building, some of Chandler's teammates came up to him when they noticed Chandler and Monica holding hands.

"Hey Chandler. What's this? Busy summer?"

"Why?"

"This. You and Monica. And don't tell me that you're just bestfriends."

"We are, but we're more than that."

Bobby whispered in his ear.

"Nice man."

Monica smiled and shook her head.

"Is this what it's gonna be like the whole year?" Monica asked.

"I hope not," Candler said, grinning.

Later that day at lunch time, Chandler joined Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel, at their usual table.

"How was your day?' He asked, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Weird."

"Yeah, everybody's talking about you two." Phoebe said.

"Looks like you're about to become popular," Rachel said.

"Oh stop."

"Seriously. Chandler is one of the most popular guys in school. News travels fast. You'll be popular by the end of the day."

"Can you handle it?" Chandler asked.

"Of course I can."

She gazed at him and gave him a loving peck on the lips. He smiled, then gave her a kiss.

"Get a room," Phoebe said.

"It's cute, " Rachel said.

"Thanks Rach," Monica said, smiling.

After school, Monica went home with Chandler. They sat and talked for hours before having sex. Chandler laid on top of Monica kissing her. They had just finished having sex, which Monica initiated. He looked at her, then began to plant soft kisses on her lips.

"I love you," she said softly.

"You do?" He said, grinning.

"Yes."

"I love you too."

"I know."

Chandler kissed her again, then got up. He and Monica started putting their clothes back on. He would have loved to lye next to her for the next few hours, but Nora would soon be home. When Monica was fully dressed, she went into Chandler's bathroom. Seconds later, Nora peaked her head in.

"How was school today?"

"It was fine."

"Where's Monica?"

"She's in the bathroom."

"Well, I'll be downstairs. Tell her to come and say hi."

"Okay."

She closed the door and Chandler smiled. Nora and Monica were crazy about each other. When Monica walked back into the room, she went over and sat on Chandler's lap. She leaned her head against his shoulders and he stroked her hair.

"My mom's downstairs."

"I'll go and say hi."

"Wait wait. Let me sit and hold you for a couple minutes."

"No problem."

"Thank you."

Chandler held her in his arms, and they kissed for a few minutes before she went downstairs to talk to Nora. While she was talking to his mother, Chandler called Joey and made plans with him for the weekend. He stayed on the phone with him until Monica returned to the room.

"So, what you guys doing this weekend?"

"We're bowling."

"Well, I'm gonna hang out with Nora."

"Y'know, you get along with my mother better than I do."

"You two get along better now. You're not jealous are you?"

"No, of course not. I'm glad the two of you like each other."

"Me too. I wish that I could get along with my mother this way."

Chandler touched her face. Monica and her mother didn't argue like Chandler and his mother, but Judy's put downs made Monica self conscious. She often felt as though she couldn't do anything right. She told Chandler that most times, she felt like a loser. He understood that feeling all too well. She said it was hell being in Ross's shadow. When she was little she wished that she could go somewhere and live with another family. As she got older, she no longer wanted to stay with another family. She wanted her family. She wanted to be accepted and loved by them. Chandler realized why the two of them were close and understanding toward each other. They both came from a family that didn't always appreciate them.

Two weeks later, while Monica was at her locker, John Sanders approached her.

"So, it's true about you and Chandler."

"Why is it any of your business?"

"I knew he liked you."

"And how did you know that?"

"By the way he threatened me."

"So."

"You're still mad about last year?"

"What do you think. You were with me so that you could score."

"You never gave me a chance to explain."

"Explain what? That fact that you were using me?"

"Hey Mon, is he bothering you?" Joey asked, while walking toward them.

"I'm not bothering her. We're just talking."

Joey stood in front of him looking angry.

"Is he bothering you?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you get outta here." Joey said.

John walked away from them and Monica sighed in relief. She was about to lose her temper before Joey showed up.

"Thanks a lot Joey."

"No problem"

After lunch, Chandler spotted John talking to a girl by her locker. Chandler walked over to them and told the girl that he needed to talk with John. She walked away, looking back a few times. She was one of Chandlers many admirers.

"I'm only gonna say this once. Leave Monica alone."

"Did she tell you I was bothering her?"

"No, Joey did."

"I was just talking to her."

"She doesn't like you. There's nothing to talk to her about."

Chandler glared at him and walked away. He wanted to ram his head into one of the lockers, but John wasn't worth getting suspended for. As Chandler walked down the hall, there were a few whispers. News of Chandler and Monica dating spread quickly. Monica was a lot cooler and everyone's eye. It felt really weird for her. She no longer carried around the "fat girl" title. She was becoming popular.

Three weeks later, while in Math class, Monica was asleep. The teacher noticed this and went over to her desk. He stood there for a few seconds, then pounded his fist on her desk to wake her up. She jumped up and the class laughed. She was so embarrassed. She was thankful that the bell rang to dismiss the class. Everyone looked at her laughing as they were leaving. Monica looked up at Mr. Mogul. He looked angry.

"I'm sorry. I didn't even realize I was asleep."

"Yeah, well I've realized that you've been sleeping in my class for the past week."

"I'm so sorry."

"You're a good student Monica. Try getting to bed earlier so that you can become an even better student and so you can stay awake in my class."

Chandler peaked his head in the room. He saw Monica easing from her seat. Mr. Mogul went back and took a seat at his desk. Chandler and Monica slowly walked down the hall.

"Mon, you look tired."

"I am. I just got in trouble for falling asleep."

"You've been doing that a lot lately."

"I was up studying."

"But you go to bed early."

"I know. I didn't last night."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just need some sleep."

"Come on. Let's go to my house."

"Chandler, it's only fourth period."

"You mean to tell me that you never cut class before?"

"Once."

"Come on," He said putting his arm around her.

As soon as they walked into Chandler's room, Monica went over to his bed. She laid down and closed her eyes. Chandler sat on the edge of the bed touching her face. She fell asleep minutes later. Chandler got up and walked to the door. He looked back at her for a few seconds then quickly closed the door behind him. He went downstairs to watch TV. He checked on her every hour. When it was almost time for Nora to come home, he went upstairs. She woke up when he came into the room.

"Sleep good?"

"Yeah. What time is it?"

"It's five."

"Oh."

"You okay now?"

"Yeah. Thanks Chandler."

"No problem angel," He said grinning.

Two weeks later, Monica was asleep at the dinner table before the food was served. Ross shook her and she woke up.

"Mon you've been sleeping a lot lately."

"Something isn't right. I'm making you a doctor's appointment," Judy said.

"I'm just tired."

"I want to get it checked out. Maybe you have chronic fatigue. My boss used to have that. She fell asleep anywhere. She even fell asleep while driving."

"Really?" Ross asked.

"Yeah. She was out of work on disability for a year. No matter how early she went to bed, she was always tired."

"It would be nice to be out of school for a year," Monica said.

Two days later, Judy and Monica were waiting for the doctor to come back into the room. Monica was drifting off when he finally came back in.

"Mon, wake up."

"Well, she doesn't have chronic fatigue."

"What's wrong with her."

"Well....I hate to break this to you both....but, she's pregnant."

"What!" They said in unison."

"You're pregnant Monica."

"But I got my period last week!"

"It's very possible to still have your period while pregnant."

"Oh my God," Monica said close to tears.

Judy was in shock. She looked at Monica without saying a word. While the doctor was talking to Monica, Judy sat there looking at the floor. She didn't speak for ten minutes.

"Judy?"

"She's not even seventeen yet?"

"Well, she will be by the time she delivers."

"I can't believe this."

"Look, I know the two of you are in shock, but whatever you decide to do, you'll have to get prenatal care."

"This isn't happening," Monica said.

On the drove back home, Judy didn't say a word to Monica. She looked out the window wiping tears from her eyes. She was scared. Chandler knew that she was going to the doctor. She wasn't sure how she would tell him that she's pregnant. The silence between her and her mother was uncomfortable. She wished that Judy would say something, anything. When they arrived home, Jack and Ross were in the living room watching TV. They looked at the expressions on Monica and Judy's face and were instantly scared.

"Mom, what happened?"

Monica looked at them with tears in her eyes. Jack stood up and went over to them.

"Why did he say?"

Judy glared at Monica, who was looking down at the carpet.

"Monica's pregnant."

Both Ross and Jack looked at Monica in surprise. Monica looked up at her dad with tears streaming down her face. He went over and stood in front of her.

"I'm sorry daddy."

Jack held her in his arms as she cried. Judy went into the kitchen, and Ross sat on the couch looking at Monica and his dad. He was in shock. Five minutes later, Judy came out of the kitchen and went upstairs. Ross went into the kitchen and told Chandler that he needed to come over and hung up the phone.

When Chandler arrived, Monica was in her room. Ross answered the door. Chandler looked worried.

"What's going on?" He asked Ross.

"Why don't you find out from Monica," Judy said.

Chandler looked at Judy and went upstairs. He slowly opened the door to Monica's room and found her bawled up on the bed crying. He closed the door and rushed over to her. She was surprised to see him.

"Mon, what's wrong? What did the doctor say?"

Monica sat up and Chandler kneeled in front of her. She was really nervous. At that moment, she wished that this was just a nightmare that she could wake up from. But it wasn't a nightmare. It was real. She sat silent for a minute, not wanting to tell him.

"Mon, you're scaring me."

She looked Chandler in the face and took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."

"What?"

He stood up looking even more shocked then she was. She closed her eyes and covered her face. Neither of them said anything for two minutes.

"Say something Chandler," she said looking at him.

"I don't know what to say. I have to go," he said rushing out the door.

Monica sat there with tears in her eyes once again. She wasn't surprised at his reaction. She leaned her head back against the bed post with her knees bent. She put her hands to her face sobbing. She cried herself to sleep. The next morning, Ross came into her room. She heard him calling her name. When she opened her eyes, he sitting on her bed.

"What time is it?"

"Time to get ready for school."

"I'm not going to school today."

"Want me to stay here with you?"

"No thanks."

"All right."

When Ross left, she went back to sleep. She stayed asleep until it was time for school to be over. A knock at the door woke her up. She lifted her head up and saw Phoebe and Rachel coming in.

"Hey Mon," Phoebe said.

"Hey guys."

"We heard," Rachel said.

"Chandler told you?"

"No, he didn't come to school today either."

"Ross told us. He thought that you had already to us."

"Yeah. Why didn't you?"

"I don't know. I cried all night. I guess I just didn't feel like talking."

"What are you gonna do?" Phoebe asked.

"You're not thinking of getting an abortion are you?" Rachel asked.

"No."

"Good," they said in unison.

"I don't think I could live with myself if I did that."

"Are you scared?" Phoebe asked.

"Yeah."

"What did Chandler say?" Rachel asked.

"I didn't say anything. He just walked out. I haven't heard from him since yesterday. I'll probably never hear from him."

"Mon, don't say that. I'm sure he'll be here for you. He's just probably in shock."

"Rachel's right."

"My Mom hasn't spoken to me either."

"What about your dad?" Rachel asked.

"He didn't say much, but hugged me. I don't think he's mad."

"That's good."

"I wish Chandler would have done that too," Monica said sadly.

"He will Mon. Just give him some time." Phoebe suggested.

Chandler sat on his bed staring into space. Joey walked in eating some potato chips.

"Dude, why didn't you come to school today?"

"I just didn't feel like it."

"What's with the sad face?" He asked sitting on his bed.

"You didn't see Mon?"

"No, she didn't come to school today."

"She didn't?"

"No. What's going on? You two didn't break up did you?"

"No. She's pregnant."

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack."

"Whoa!"

"When she told me, I just walked out."

"Why did you do that?"

"I was in shock. I had to get outta there."

"So, what are you gonna do? You're not gonna just leave her are you?"

"No, of course not."

"What did her parents say?"

"I don't know. I didn't ask."

"Oh."

"I'm scared. We're too young."

"You want her to get an abortion?"

"No!"

"Did you tell your Mom?"

"No. And I thought this would be the best year of my life."

The next day, while Chandler was lying on his bed looking up at the ceiling, Nora walked in.

"So, Monica's pregnant."

Chandler sat up. Nora walked over to the bed and sat down.

"When were you gonna tell me?"

"How did you find out?"

"Judy called me. She's really upset."

"What about you?"

"I'm upset, but this is your last year of school."

"Your not disappointed?"

"No, I'm not disappointed. The only way that I would be disappointed is if you abandon Monica."

"I won't do that."

"Judy was concerned about that. Have you even called Monica?"

"I went over there the day she came back from the doctor."

"I know that, but have you talked to her since then?"

"No."

"Chandler, she's just as scared as you are. Probably more. She probably thinks that you're not gonna be there for her and the baby."

"I'm not gonna be like my dad."

"I hope not. Go over there and let her know that. She didn't go to school again today. She hasn't left her room in two days," Nora said getting up and heading for the door.

"Mom?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

Chandler got up off the bed and went over to hug her.

Monica was on her bed doing her homework that Ross had gotten from her teachers, when Chandler walked in. He walked over to her and sat on her bed. She took her notebook off her lap, and sat it aside. Chandler gazed at her, put his hand to her face, then pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry Mon."

She held onto him tightly. He felt really bad for walking out on her when she told him about the baby, but she didn't seem to be mad him. He rocked her as he held her in his arms.

"I'm here Monica. We'll get through this," he whispered.
 
 

UP NEXT.......FACING RESPONSIBILITY