The Gathering

Chandler watched her.  He loved her with all his heart and knew that she loved him just as much.  He couldn’t be happier than he was now.  With his arms wrapped around the one he loved.

 

When I’m lost in the rain

In your eyes I know

I’ll find the light to light my way

When I’m scared, losing ground

When my world is going crazy

You can turn it all around

And when I’m down you’re there

Pushing me to the top

You’re always there giving me all you’ve got

 

Monica gazed into his eyes.  They were dancing slowly, both understanding what the words were saying.  His eyes were full of love.  Love for her.  She smiled and hugged him tighter.

 

For a shield from the storm

For a friend

For a love to keep me safe and warm

I turn to you

For the strength to be strong

For the will to carry on

For everything you do

For everything that’s true

I turn to you

I turn to you

 

Joey looked up from his plate and saw the two dancing.  He was overjoyed at the fact that two of his closest friends had finally found happiness.  They were meant for each other.

 

When I lose the will to win

I just reach for you

And I can reach the sky again

I can do anything

‘Coz your love is so amazing

‘Coz your love inspires me

And when I need a friend

You’re always on my side

Giving me faith, taking me through the night

 

Phoebe looked at her two friends.  She had always known they’d make a great couple.  Their auras linked and even when they were just friends they were very close.  Closer than any other two out of the gang.

 

For a shield from the storm

For a friend

For a love to keep me safe and warm

I turn to you

For the strength to be strong

For the will to carry on

For everything you do

For everything that’s true

I turn to you

I turn to you

 

Ross looked across the room.  Monica and Chandler were dancing together, not noticing anything but each other.  It was so sweet.  Ross was glad that his sister was finally happy.

 

For the arms to be my shelter

Through all the rain

For the truth that will never change

For someone to lean on

For a heart I can rely on through anything

For the one who I can run to

 

Rachel looked at her best friend dancing.  Monica had finally found ‘the one’.   And he could make all her dreams come true.

 

For a shield from the storm

For a friend

For a love to keep me safe and warm

I turn to you

For the strength to be strong

For the will to carry on

For everything you do

For everything that’s true

I turn to you

I turn to you

 

(Christina Aguilera, I Turn to You)

 

As the song ended, Monica and Chandler looked into each other’s eyes and kissed lightly.  Then they looked around.  Everyone dear to them was gathered around, celebrating with them.  There was the gang; Phoebe, Ross, Joey and Rachel.  Also there were Monica’s parents; Jack and Judy, Chandler’s mom; Nora and an assortment of relatives.  All were clapping.

 

“I love you” Monica whispered.

 

“I love you too…Monica Bing” Chandler whispered back, and they both smiled.

 

“And now we will play This I Promise You by N*Sync.  Please feel free to join the newlyweds on the dance floor.”  The DJ’s voice echoed through the room.

 

When the visions around you

Bring tears to your eyes

When all that surrounds you

Is secrets and lies

 

Monica and Chandler didn’t move as other couples joined them.  Among the first were Phoebe and her fiancé Nicholas and Ross with his wife Christine.


I’ll be your strength

I’ll be your hope

Keeping your faith when it’s gone

The one you should call

Standing here all alone


And I will take you in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Till the day when life it through

This I promise you, ooh

This I promise you


I’ve loved you forever,

In lifetimes before

And I promise you never

Will you hurt anymore


I give you my word

I give you my heart

This is a battle we’ve won

And with this vow

Forever has now begun


Just close your eyes

Each lovin’ day

And know this feeling won’t go away

‘Til the day my life is through

This I promise you

This I promise you


Over and over I fall

When I hear you call

Without you in my life, baby

I just wouldn’t be living at all


And I will take you in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Till the day when life it through

This I promise you, ooh

This I promise you

 

Just close your eyes

Each lovin’ day

And know this feeling won’t go away

‘Til the day my life is through

This I promise you

This I promise you

 

 

“Look at them.” Rachel said, looking at the dance floor.

 

Joey was blowing bubbles in his soda through his straw.  He looked up when Rachel poked him. “What huh?”

 

“Look” Rachel pointed to the dance floor.  “Everyone else has someone.  I’m going to be all alone all my life.”  She started to cry.

 

“No you won’t Rach, you’ll find someone.”  Joey tried his best to comfort his friend.  “Look, how about a dance?”

 

Rachel dried her tears.  “Alright.”

 

Joey took Rachel’s hand and led her to the dance floor.

 

 

Chandler pulled the blue garter off Monica’s foot and turned his back to the crowd of single guys.  He threw it over his shoulder and turned around just in time to see Joey catch it.

 

Then it was Monica’s turn.  She threw her bouquet over her shoulder and turned around.  Her friend and co-worker, Jayde had caught it.

 

“How you doin’?”  Joey asked the attractive woman as she approached him.  Jayde giggled, but took his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor.

 

 

Chandler led his wife of the dance floor and to a nearby table.  It was the sixth song and they had been dancing the whole time.  Monica sat on his lap and they cuddled while they watched everyone dance.

 

“May I have this dance?”  Monica looked up and saw her father standing there, holding out his hand. She took it and he led her back to the dance floor.

 

Chandler watched the two.  He was glad that Monica’s parents had finally stopped harassing her about every possible thing.  They thought he was a much more suitable husband for their daughter than Richard.  And he was also glad that she had finally become his wife.  He had carried the ring around for four months before he worked up the courage to propose.

 

 

Ross watched Chandler from the dance floor where he was dancing with Rachel.  He was glad that he and Rachel had finally gone back to being good friends.  Neither was jealous of the other anymore, and Ross was happily married to Christine, and had been for just over a year.  In that time, he had realised how Chandler felt about Monica, for he felt the same about Christine.

 

He looked over at his wife, sitting at a table with Ben and Phoebe.  Ben, now eight, had been the ring bearer at the wedding.  Christine had taken Ben into her heart, and treated him like her own son.  Ross did the same with Christine’s daughter, Billie, who was five.  They were all one big, happy family.  And it was about to grow bigger, for Christine was pregnant.  She was only two months along, and although they hadn’t told anyone yet, Ross knew that everyone would be extremely happy.

 

 

Monica looked around her, at her friends and family, all gathered here to celebrate her happiness.  Her happiness.  Not someone else’s.  Well, actually, it was Chandler’s happiness too, but it wasn’t like someone totally different.  Chandler was part of her now.  He had been part of her ever since they started dating.

 

She turned around on his lap and kissed him softly.  He reciprocated and it turned into a long kiss, passionate, yet gentle.  When they broke, they looked around.  Everyone had gathered together to celebrate the beginning of their life together.  They looked back at each other and kissed again.

 

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

Please review!!!!!!