Part six
by Tracey

Central Perk Phoebe and Joey talking.
Phoe:     Well I don't agree
Joey:     Well who cares? It's a fact ... you don't have to agree or
disagree, neither will change it...
Phoe:     But the way you....you... LOOK at someone can alter their
perception of you...
Joey:   So?
Phoe:   So he could look at her in a  certain way and re ignite the fire
inside her that burns for him...
Joey:  Very poetic... Look I'm sorry Pheebs but Ross and Rachel are OVER...
Phoe:  We all thought that three years ago when they got back together
Joey:  We all know how that ended up...
Phoe:   So they broke up.... that doesn't prove anything
Joey:  Sure it does
Phoe:  No it doesn't... it's not like there is a time limit on these things it could happen at ANY time...
Joey:  And what about Sarah and John?
Phoe:  That doesn't MEAN anything...
Joey: Sure it does... they are both attached
Phoe:  Like that means anything to you...
Joey:  Oh...ok.... so if it doesn't make a difference what about Chandler and
Monica?
Phoe:  What about them?
Joey:  Well they have  a history... they used to date...AND they are both
unattached...
Phoe:  So?
Joey:  So that doesn't mean they are jumping into bed together...
Phoe:  I know...
Joey:  So what you are saying is that the unattached, closer couple of Chandler and Monica are totally and completely over whereas the attached, rockier couple of Ross and Rachel still have a chance?
Phoe:  That's not what I am saying at all... in fact if anything the opposite is probably true...
Joey:  What?
Phoe:  Well there is no reason for Chandler and Monica not to be together...
Joey:  So why ain't they?
Phoe:  'Cause they are friends...
Joey:  So are Ross and Rachel....
Phoe:  Exactly....
Joey:  (VERY confused) Exactly what?
Phoe:  Both couples have histories and both couples are friends so both are just as likely as the other the get back together...
Joey:  (confused, lost) they do-
Phoe:  yip...
Joey:  (trying to hide the fact he is VERY confused)Umm...ok....
Phoe:  (proud of herself) Thank you... (silence)
Joey:  Oh ok I have a new one for ya...
Phoe:  (preparing herself) ok....
Joey:  How come we haven't hooked up yet? Why ain't I married to Rachel and you to Chandler?
Phoe:  (knowingly) All in good time my sweet all in good time...

Chandler and Joeys apartment, it is empty Monica enters, she is dressed up looking VERY sexy, she walks into the living room and sits fidgety, she stands she paces, she goes to the fridge but it is empty, she goes back to pacing in the living room, ... she sits again and stares nervously at the door, she looks confident though almost in a "I don't want anyone to know I am nervous" kinda way...suddenly the door opens, Monica stands confidently,  Chandler enters, he just looks at her...
Mon:   (nervously) hey...
Chan:  (hostile) What are you doing here?
Mon:   (nervous still) Umm... I wanted to see you... to tell you something...
Chan:  (he opens the fridge obviously in an attempt to look casual which backfires when he sees it is empty....) Umm... ok what?
Mon:   We can go to my place if you are hungry or whatever...
Chan:  Ok so are you telling me you wanna talk? 'cause if you are actually just here to tell me something it shouldn't take that long 'cause I shouldn't have to respond but if I do have to respond then we are talking which is not what you said you were here to do but if it is what you are here to do then, I can't right now 'cause as you can see I have to go grocery shopping...(Mon opens her mouth but Chan continues in a more hostile tone)
and to be honest Mon I'm not sure it is a good idea for us to be alone talking right now and I don't think there is that much to say... and I have to be honest I am VERY worried about the overtones of that dress... I meant what I said the other day Mon and I would appreciate it if you would respect what I said and it might be good for us to keep our distance for  while 'cause as much as I meant what I said I'm not sure how long I would last alone with you in that dress, which doesn't lessen what I said the other day or mean that I mean it any less it just means I am a guy....(Monica walks over to him and puts her hand to his mouth silencing him, she smiles at him)
Mon:   You're nervous... you ramble when you are nervous...
Chan:  So are you... you're shaking, I can feel it...
Mon:  (she drops her hand but doesn't step away from him)I'm here to tell you something...
Chan:  (looking into her eyes) I think I know what it is... and I don't think I'll like it....
Mon:   Maybe not but I HAVE to say it....
Chan:  Go ahead....
Mon:   I understand you have made your decision...and I DO respect that.... but I am here to tell you that you're wrong... I know you will have your reasons all of which I am not aware of I know and I am sure they are ALL justified.... but I have my reasons too, and I want you to know that... well that [she smiles] I love you... and as much as I know I should fight it...especially since I know you don't want it but ... I wanna be with you...I love you and I thought you should know that...especially if one of your reasons was fear of rejection I know I haven't been totally fair to you and I know you deserve better than what I have put you through...(pause) well that's all... you know now I guess my work is done... [she reaches up and kisses his cheek, he closes his eyes, she steps back] bye then... [she goes to leave, she opens the door]
Chan:  I love you too you know...[she turns] Even though I believe what I said I do I love you I can't help myself...[he turns to look at her, she looks at him and closes the door, without leaving]
Mon:   So why? Why tell me it was over? that it wasn't right... it wasn't meant
to be....
Chan:  Monica... [he takes her hand and leads her to the living area where he sits her in a barca and he sits in the other] Mon....I wanted to know what its like....
Mon:   (confused, mad) What?? You wanted to see what its like to break my heart is that it? [she stands, tears welling in her eyes] Well you got your kicks now I guess, [sarcastically] well that was sure a barrel of fun for me I hope you enjoyed it, please call again next time you want to play with Monica the moron... [she starts to storm out, he runs over and stands in front of her stopping her]
Chan:   Hey don't be so stupid Monica you know I would never hurt you intentionally...
Mon:   [visibly upset] So WHY Chandler WHY I just don't get it...
Chan:  I was hurt...
Mon:   [calming] Hurt by what?
Chan:  By you...
Mon:   [in disbelief] By me? How did I hurt you?
Chan:     When I came back…. I saw how you coped…. And it hurt me…. And Sam never seemed that bothered that I was gone either and it hurt me to see that you never actually seemed to need me, you just got on with your life as if nothing had ever happened between you and I…. Worse than that it seemed like I never even existed… It scared me, I wanted you to need me and the truth is… you never did…
Mon:   How can you say that?? It may have looked like I was coping ok on the surface but underneath I was just as much of a wreck as you, but unlike you I had to keep face not only for US but for Sam, if I had allowed myself to fall apart then what would have happened to Sam? Plus I was here with the guys, if I had let my true feelings show then they would have known something was going on and quizzed me about it and we just weren't... aren't ready for that...
Chan:   You make it all seem so simple Monica, all logical but you know as well as I do that it isn't like that when it comes down to it...
Mon:   [a little annoyed] Why is it not that simple? why are you making such a mess of this? This IS simple you can't change that by attempting to complicate it...
Chan:  Now you are talking in circles Monica, do you honestly believe that I don't want this to work out? Do you believe I don't want this to be simple?
Mon:   [annoyed] Frankly I am starting to wonder...
Chan:   [mad] Well you can wonder away babe...
Mon:   [mad] why are you mad?
Chan:  [turning away] I can't believe we are doing it again...
Mon:   [walking toward the door] Well I for one WON'T do it again... you want this to be over ... WANT NO MORE!!! [she heads for the door]
Chan:  What so you’re just gonna storm out?
Mon:   Well if you won't talk to me about this...
Chan:  What good will words do?
Mon:     A lot more than you at the minute... [she leaves]

M&S's, Monica enters visibly mad... Rachel is sitting reading a magazine as soon as she sees Monica she throws it on the table and runs over to Monica and hugs her, however the hug is of joy she has not noticed that Monica is mad (or maybe she has and is ignoring it, who knows with Rachel)

Rach:  [releasing Monica from the hug and guiding her to the sofa] You are SOO gonna LOVE  me...
Mon:   [sighs] You know I am [mimicking Rachel] SOO not in the mood
Rach:  You won't say that when you hear what I did...
Mon:   [curiously confused] I won't...
Rach:  [still ecstatic] No... so I was walking back from lunch...
Mon:   [sighs] Rach is this a long story??
Rach:   [quickly] NO...[goes to continue]
Mon:   Is it gossip?
Rach:  [proud] Oh ho it will be...[again tries to continue]
Mon:   Do I REALLY wanna hear this? 'Cause I am tired and I think I might go take a LONG bubble bath?
Rach:  [irritated] Of course you REALLY wanna hear this, but the more you interrupt the longer it will take...
Mon:    [miffed] Sorrie [AN: Deliberately misspelt]
Rach:  Anyway... [back too happy] I was walking back from work and I entered my building and I saw Rob and….
Mon:   I'm sorry who?
Rach:  Rob... oh don't tell me you have forgotten already... [Mon looks blankly at Rach] remember the guy I was gonna set you up with, tall, smart, funny... REALLY cute...
Mon:   Oh ok... carry on...[Monica suddenly looks shocked] You didn't Rach... [Rach smiles] Oh how could you...
Rach:  It was surprisingly easy...
Mon:   Oh thank you what are you trying to say?
Rach:  Whoa, don't be so touchy... put it this way if it weren't for John I would be with him tonight instead of you...
Mon:   [shocked, surprised] TONIGHT?!?! [Chandler enters]
Chan:  [He looks surprised to see Rachel there] What is tonight?
Mon:   Umm... uhh...
Chan:  [intrigued] Umm... uhh???
Rach:  Tonight is Monica’s date with Rob...
Chan:  [virtually dropping the soda he has retrieved from the fridge] Her... DATE??
Mon:   [obviously still mad, turns to him confidently] Yeah my date... is that OK with you Chandler? I mean I don't see why it should 'cause any problems I mean it's not like I'm seeing anyone else...
Chan:  Yeah... no no problems... have a good time... [he exits disheartened, Monica looks quite guilty]
Rach:  Great... he will be by at seven... my advice wear something VERY revealing and sexy... [looking at what she is wearing] Similar to that old thing…. But modern
Mon:   [confused] Why?
Rach:  [ignoring Mon, looking at what she is wearing] Similar to that old thing…. But modern...  You know something that is actually IN fashion…
Mon:    [offended] HEY!
Rach:  [looking up at Mon] When was your last date?
Mon:   [seriously thinking] Umm....
Rach:  [Grabbing her and Monica’s coats] Yeah that's Umm to long, come on... [Rach grabs Monica’s hand and drags her toward the door] we have some serious shopping to do...

C&J's Chandler is sitting in a barca staring at the door, Joey enters, Chandler stands...
Joey:  Dude I gotta ask you a favour...
Chan:  [Ignoring Joey] I need a date... tonight...
Joey:  Wow I guess that answers my question...
Chan:  What question?
Joey:   My favour...  I  got  a  date  with this girl today but she wants to make it a double date with her friend... so I gotta bring someone...
Chan:  [Not getting it] So?
Joey:  [pointing at Chandler] Ta da...
Chan:  [Walking away from Joey] Oh no...no no...Remember the Janice incident
Joey:  Hey come on... you want a date I got a date just lying waiting for you... well of course not like literally, [in Joey land] that would be quite cool...anyway Janice is married is she not? And I don't think this girl would go in the same circles as Janice if you know what I mean ...come on PLEASE!!?
Chan:  Oh ok... but if it is Janice then I am gone...in fact if any ONE of my ex girlfriends is there then I am leaving... no questions...
Joey:  [excited] Fine... cool... I'm gonna go call her...she's making the reservations....
Chan:  [slumping on the barca] How very nineties of you both...
Joey:  [stops dialling] Dude it is the new millennia, it has been for a while we are in the noughties now...[laughing to himself] And people think I am slow...don't you remember the big  new  years  party  we  had...at  your place... when you lived with Monica of course...
Chan:  Joey it is just a saying, you know the nineties, all the equal opportunities stuff, the big step with equality?... [Joey looks on blankly][to himself, looking at Joeys blank expression] Who am I kidding?

Later that night, C&J's Chandler exits his room looking VERY VERY sexy... as he SOO often does... lol...there is a knock at the door...
Chan:  [yelling  to  Joey  who  is  in  his room] I thought you said they were coming at seven?
Joey:  [from his room] They are...[Chandler goes over to the door, answers to a VERY stressed and VERY sexy looking Monica]
Mon:   [panicked] Hey, I know this is short notice but I have to ask you a really big favour, as you know I am supposed to be going out tonight, and Rachel is going out with John as is Ross with Sarah, and I can't get hold of Phoebe or Brian and I was just wondering if it was at all possible for you to watch Sam tonight?? [She stops takes breath, sees he is wearing a suit and is looking VERY good] But you're going out? right?
Chan:  [smug] Yip, Joey and I are going out tonight...on dates....
Mon:   [disheartened] Dates? You have a date?
Chan:  [smug] Yip...
Mon:   [nods her head] Ok...boy will Rachel flip when I tell her I cancelled the date with Rob, and at such short notice too... especially after the amount we spent on her credit card today...
Chan:  [looking her up and down] Well it was worth it... [Mon looks shocked] Not that I am saying you NEED to spent money, I mean you ALWAYS look incredible, you could wear a bin bag and still be the most beautiful woman on earth...[Monica again looks shocked] Not that the money isn't worth it, I mean WOW but I mean...
Mon:   [interrupting] You should stop rambling before you dig yourself any deeper, [he takes a deep breath, they both smile] Anyway I'm sorry to bother you, have fun...don't do anything I wouldn't do...
Chan:  I would only know that is I were doing it with you…..
Mon:   [the phone in C&J’s apartment rings]… I'll leave you too it...[she turns to leave]
Chan:  Don't cancel your date Mon... I'll watch Sam... [she turns back]
Mon:   But that means you have to cancel your date...
Chan:  I won't be missing much, Just Joeys cast offs...
Mon:   [touched] thank you... that’s very generous of you really means a lot...  You should see Sam… he is telling me he is old enough to stay in by himself… he is giving me this speech on my right to go out and have fun and that I shouldn’t worry about him… it’s really cute how generous he is being… [Chandler turns and looks at the phone, Mon says to herself] Just like his dad…. [he turns back]
Chan:  [not hearing her] Sorry?
Mon:    Umm… I'll let you break it to Joey and your date... she won't know what she is missing, [she smiles and enters her apartment, Chandler enters his, the phone is still ringing]
Chan:  [annoyed, yelling at Joey] Oh I'll get that shall I?
Joey:  [yelling from his room] Thanks man...[Chandler goes to the phone and gets to it just as it stops ringing]
Chan:  How come that ALWAYS happens... they hang on for ages, then you get to the phone and it stops... ARGH! [there is a knock at the door, Chandler checks his watch sees it isn't seven] Now who is it?[He opens the door it is Monica]
Chan:  Hey long time no see, [they smile]
Mon:   Hey I was just coming round to say you don't have to cancel your date...
Chan:  I REALLY don't mind Monica...
Mon:   No it's not that... it just turns out that Rach arranged for Phoebe to babysit Sam, she just never told me... and Pheebs just arrived...
Chan:  [false enthusiasm] Oh ok...well that's great...
Mon:   Isn't it? Now we can both go out and move on...
Chan:  [smiling falsely] yeah... brilliant...[pause] look Monica I was thinking... do we HAVE to move on... I mean maybe you were right about me... [he is cut off by a guy coming up the stairs, the guy really is gorgeous, and looks VERY rich]
Mon:   [interrupting Chandler] Sorry, that is Rob I gotta go... we can finish this tomorrow...[she grabs his hand and squeezes it friendly like and goes over to greet Rob, Chandler watches for a moment then enters his apartment]
Chan:   [to himself] But after tonight... who knows if there will be a tomorrow for us...

Picture this... a huge VERY expensive restaurant, VERY exclusive I mean you need reservations for this place three years in advance...lol... Monica enters with Rob, she takes off her coat it is swept away from her and whisked off immediately...
Mon:   [obviously impressed] Wow, quick service...[Rob hands the waiter some money... well a lot of money, and whispers something to him, they are ushered to their table]
Rob:   I thought you would like this place, a change from your cafe isn't it?[this offends Monica]
Mon:   It isn't exactly a cafe...
Rob:   [he interrupts] Of course not... it is just a little... abstract for my taste...
Back to the restaurant door, Joey and Chandler enter with their dates, both of whom are basically VERY rich sluts... Lucinda is Joeys date and Kimberly is Chandlers date...
Luci:   Joey darling, lets sit, my poor feet are killing me from the walk here...
Joey;  But the limo dropped us just outside the door...
Luci:   So it did...[she laughs, high-pitched, and squeaky, Chandler looks disgusted]
Kim:   [to Chandler] Where would you like to sit sweetie?
Chan:  I'm the date not the maitre'de why don't you ask him where we sit, [she laughs, much like Luci, again, he looks disgusted]
Kim:   Oh no, you tell me where you wanna sit and [she holds up a wad of cash] I'll tell him, just look around... what do you fancy... [Chandler looks around and inevitably sees Monica]
Chan:  [quietly to Joey] Is that Monica over there?
Joey:   [distracted by Lucinda] What?
Chan:  [pointing] Over there?
Joey:  We can't sit there man, Monica is sitting there...oh hey that's Monica...
Chan:  [sarcastically] Wow, yeah so it is
Joey:  Whoa man I would've thought that YOU of all people would notice Monica...
Chan:  [sarcastically] You would think...Wouldn't you?
Kim:   [to Chandler] Who is it sweetie?
Chan:  [whispering to Joey] A little early in our relationship for "sweetie" is it not?
Joey:  [whispering back] Who cares man, just go with it... she will reward you tonight... [does a Joey laugh, Chandler looks disgusted... AGAIN]
Luci:   Who is the girl Kimmy?
Kim:   [to Chandler] I don't know, who is the girl sweetie?
Joey:  That's Chandlers....
Chan:  Yeah so I’m leaving… bye bye… [he turns, Joey stops him]
Joey:  [quietly to Chandler] Come on man that’s Monica….
Chan:    [quietly to Joey] Yeah and I said if one of my ex’s was here I leaving….
Joey:  She is our friend man…
Chan:  [sighs] Fine… ok…
Luci:  Who is it?
Joey:  That’s Chandlers ex…
Chan:   [annoyed] What a way to introduce her man... she is hardly just MY ex to us is she?
Joey:  Whoa, keep your hair on... ok she is ...a ...
Chan:  A mutual friend...
Joey:    [to Lucinda] She is his best friend, I just know her really...
Chan:   Hey, she is one of your best friends too...
Joey:   [quietly to Chandler] Would you hold back, girls get jealous of girls as hot as Monica... especially if you tell them that they are your best friend... plus it won't do wonders for my reputation is Lucinda finds out that I have never had Monica...
Chan:  You almost did once...
Joey:  Yeah and if it weren't for you I would have... [Chandler looks shocked]
Luci:   Well we should go say hello...
Chan:   Oh no, we should leave her too it...
Kim:   Don't  be  so  silly  sweetie,  if  she is your friend I wanna meet her... [Luci, Kim, and Joey start to walk over]
Chan:  I don't think this is a good idea guys... [he gives up and follows them]
Monica and Robs table
Rob:   So how old is your son?
Mon:   [smiling, ear to ear] Sam is six,...
Rob:   [unimpressed] And is his father of stature?
Mon:   [uneasy] Well no not really...
Rob:   I always think a boy should strive to become his father... be a good model following the role model...
Mon:   well although his father is of no, official stature, Sam still has brilliant role model to look up too and respect...
Rob:  So Sam sees his father regularly?
Mon:   [VERY uneasy] Well...yes, but...
Rob:   I do believe however that unity on the parental front is vital to a child's perception and respect for marital values.... how long were you married to his father for?
Mon:   We weren't exactly what you would call married for long...
Rob:   How long?
Mon:   Well we were never married [Rob looks shocked, Mon continues quickly] But I loved him and he loved me, which must stand for something right?
Rob:   You can't have been so in love, if he is not here now… could you?
Mon:   [uneasy] well...[Joey, Luci and Kim appear]
Joey:  Hey Mon..
Mon:   [shocked and surprised, she stands] Hey Joey what are you doing here? [Chandler appears]
Chan:  [Sarcastically] Being that this is a restaurant, we thought we'd go sailing...care to join us? [Mon looks unimpressed]
Rob:   [standing] you know these people Monica?
Mon:   [flustered] some of them yeah, Rob this is Joey, one of my best friends Joey this is Rob...[Joey and Rob shake hands][She avoids eye contact with Chandler] And this is Chandler, my best friend, Chandler this is Rob,[they shake hands] And that's me out, everyone I know...
Chan:  Oh, right... sorry, this is Lucinda and Kimberly, Lucinda and Kim this is Monica and Rob... apparently...[Mon smiles at them politely, Rob shakes their hands]
Rob:   It  is  nice  to  meet  you  ladies... would you care to join us? [AN: I just wanna say this fic was planned long before I saw the finale so any similarities are purely co-incidental]
C&M:  Oh no-no, don't be silly...
Chan:  We won't impose... we came separately, we should eat separately...
Mon:  I agree...
Joey:  Don't be silly, we can eat together right Rob? [he slaps him on the back, much to Robs disgust]
Rob:   Of course... I'm sure we can all share in some interesting dinner conversation... [Monica remembers the ridicule and patronisation of their conversation and her face drops at the prospect]
Kim:   Oh Please Chandler please...it'll be fun...
Chan:  I'm sure it would, but we have reservations to keep...
Mon:   [thinking of her pending discussions with Rob...grabbing Chandlers arm] Sit with us...PLEASE sit with us...
Chan:  [shocked by Mons outburst] Ok Mon, if you are sure that's a good idea?...[Rob calls over the waiter, to explain the change in seating arrangements]
Kim:   [disappointed, to Luci] Why did he do it for her and not for me when I asked?
Joey:  [Butting in] 'cause that's Monica...I thought we told you that...
Kim:   What difference does that make?
Joey:  You obviously have a lot to learn about Chandler...
Kim:   well obviously I only met him a few hours ago...
Joey:  [giggles nervously] Oh yeah... oops...
Later at dinner, everyone  is sitting round the table, Luci and Joey are “involved” with each other and not contributing much.
Rob:  So Chandler… Monica was telling me about Sam just before you joined us…
Chan:  [he lights up, Mon smiles] Yeah?
Rob:  Yes… we were talking about his father….  [Chandler looks shocked]
Mon:   [nervous] Well not REALLY his father…
Rob:  Yes you were telling me how Sam looked up to him… that they saw each other regularly…. How much you “loved” him when Sam was conceived… [Chandler looks at Monica for an explanation]
Mon:   Umm… yeah, if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll go to the ladies…
Kim:   I’ll join you… [they leave]
Rob:    So how did you and Monica meet?
Chan:   [absently, looking at Mon as she enters the bathroom] Well we have actually known each other for years… I went to college with her brother…
Rob:  She is quite a catch huh? I mean she needs a little work… as Sam would it seems, but nothing a few thousand dollars and a good boarding school wouldn’t cure… [he laughs, Chandler looks shocked, but half laughs along] I think she is quite interested though… she seems pretty keen, wouldn’t you say?

The ladies bathroom… the girls are fixing their hair and make up…
Kim:  Chandler is so sweet…
Mon:  [uninterested] Yeah he is…
Kim:  He is quite an animal….
Mon:  [standing back, looking at her shocked] Excuse me?
Kim:  HE is just unstoppable… I couldn’t keep his hands off me in the limo…
Mon:  [jealous] Really?
Kim:  Oh yeah… he is VERY good with his hands…. If you know what I mean…
Mon:  [unimpressed] yeah.. haha…
Kim:  You should see what he is doing under the table out there… speaking of which… we should really get back… [she turns flirtatiously, and heads for the exit, Mon follows slowly]
Back at the table, Kim sits down and gives Chandler a kiss on the cheek, he looks at Mon shocked, to see her draped over Rob whispering in his ear, and flirting majorly… the waiter approaches.
Wait:  Is everything to your satisfaction?
Mon:  [still draped over Rob, smiling at him] Oh yeah definitely… [he kisses her… Chandler looks disgusted, Mon glances at him casually and raises her eyebrow suggestively, he looks away]
 

Hallway between the apartments C&M have come home together, obviously Joey got lucky... like you could expect anything else... they are walking up the hallway, obviously mad with each other... they reach their doors... Monica goes to enter hers when
Chandler talks....

Chan:  Well what was going on tonight?
Mon:   [through clenched teeth] with what?
Chan:  [snapping] YOU.. u were all over him...
Mon:   [retaliating] Me??? What about u... you were all over her... And all that stuff she told me.. I NEVER thought that u of all people were like that..
Chan:  What are you talking about?
Mon:   Don't play dumb with me..
Chan:  Fine whatever... Just don't rub my face in it the next time please.. this is hard enough thank you.
Mon:   [still very aggressive] What is hard enough?
Chan:   Losing you..
Mon:   [she is stunned into silence] Ur not losing me..
Chan:   Sure I am…
Mon:  [mad] well if you are you can only blame yourself…
Chan:  [mad] Oh yeah of course… like none of this is your fault…
Mon: I have made it no secret that I want you…
Chan: Oh yeah so what was that tonight? You were hardly hanging out the banners for me…
Mon:  So what do you expect me to do ? huh? Sit around and wait for you… live a life of loneliness and celibacy and pray you will come back to me?
Chan:  Don’t be so stupid Monica…
Mon:  So what ARE you saying?
Chan:  [yelling] Maybe I am saying that I was wrong…
Mon:  [still mad] About what?
Chan:  [still yelling] Maybe I think we were meant to be…
Mon:  [mad] So what is that? Your final thought for today?
Chan:  [mad] What?
Mon:  So which way will you go tomorrow? Maybe you’ll love me… maybe you won’t… [sarcastic]  boy the suspense is killing me…
Chan:  Very funny….
Mon:  Who’s laughing? I’m serious… I don’t know if you’ve noticed but we are both fully grown adults with serious responsibility now…. We can’t play theses stupid games anymore… Goodnight Chandler… [she walks into her apartment…. Chandler looks at her door then bangs his fist against his door]
Chan:  [to himself] Well what a fine mess you’ve gotten yourself into how Chandler…. You should’ve gone with your gut in the first place and now let your stupid pride get in the way… and now you’ve lost her again…. [he looks down at the floor, then he looks up at her door with a determined look on his face] No, I won’t let this happen… [he storms into Mon’s apartment, Mon is sitting on the window seat in the dark she sits up suddenly when he enters surprised]
Mon:  [mad] What are you doing?  Do you wanna wake Sam and Phoebe?
Chan:  I won’t let you do this…
Mon:  [sighing] Do what Chandler?
Chan:  Shut me out… push me away…. I can’t let that happen…
Mon:  In case you had forgotten it was YOU who broke up with ME…
Chan:  Yeah… I know… [he walks over to her] I was an idiot, I know that…. I was being selfish, my pride was hurt… I know it was MY mistake now…
Mon:  Good for you… are you done? ‘cause I want to get to bed… [he looks into her eyes, silence]  Chandler? [silence, she sighs] I’m going to bed… [she turns to go to her room]
Chan:  I love you Monica… [she stops] I mean it… I know I’ve said it before but I have never meant it so much as I do now... I saw you with Rob tonight and I knew that I loved you, I couldn’t stand to see you with him… I didn’t like him… not one bit and it killed me to see you with him…
Mon:    [turning to him, tears in her eyes] Neither did I…
Chan:    What?
Mon:  I didn’t like him either… he was a pig and a snob…. I couldn’t stand him…
Chan:  [confused] So why…
Mon:  I did it to make you jealous…. Kim told me in the ladies that you had been all over her and it made me mad… I was jealous… [she smiles] I admit it… I didn’t like it… I wanted you to feel what I did…
Chan:  I never touched her…. We never even kissed…. I swear to you…
Mon:  I believe you… I should’ve known better than to believe someone like her… I thought I knew you better than that….
Chan:  [walking up to her] You do know me better than that….
Mon:  I know that now… [she smiles, he smiles back] I really want to get to bed… I’ll see you in the morning… [she kisses him on the cheek, and turns to her room, he grabs her hand]
Chan:  Is that it?
Mon:    [she turns] What else is there to say?
Chan:  This… [he kisses her softly and tenderly, she pushes him back]
Mon:  Are you sure? I NEED you to be sure…
Chan:  [putting his hand to the back of her neck] I’m positive, I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life… [he tries to pull her in for another kiss, she puts her hand on his chest stopping him, he looks worried]
Mon:  [she smiles] I love you too… [he smiles and kisses her again]
Fade out….
 

next part coming VERY soon...
We are SOO close, hang on, it is almost over....