TOW ANIMAL KINGDOM
By Sally

Scene One-Flashbacks.

MONICA: Previously on Friends.

The scene showing Phoebe winning the lottery.  The scene where Phoebe tells Monica and Rachel about breaking up with Gary.  The scene with Ross and Rachel buying the headphones.  The scene with Phoebe and Joey getting off the plane.

OPENING CREDITS

Scene two-Monica and Chandler's hotel room.  Everyone is there discussing which park they are going to.

PHOEBE: I think we should go to Magic Kingdom.  Ya know, 'cause it's magical (Makes little hand gestures).

MONICA: What about Animal Kingdom.  There's a 3-D show under the big tree, and there's a white water rafting experience thing, and a safari ride.

PHOEBE: I change my vote to Animal Kingdom.

JOEY: Animal Kingdom.

ROSS: Me too.

RACHEL: Me three.

CHANDLER: Animal Kingdom, here we come.

MONICA: Does everyone have suntan lotion?

EVERYONE: Yeah; Yes; Right here; etc.

MONICA: All right, move out.

Everyone leaves.  Cut to the bus stop.  Everyone walks in.  There are about 10 other people there, filling up all but one bench.  Monica and Chandler sit down together and everyone else stands.  A bus pulls up with Magic Kingdom on the sign thing.

PHOEBE: Is everyone sure they want to go to Animal Kingdom?

EVERYONE: Assorted yes's

PHOEBE: Just asking.

The bus pulls away.

MONICA: So where are we going first?

JOEY: Animal Kingdom.  Your idea remember?

MONICA: I meant at Animal Kingdom.

JOEY: Oh.

RACHEL: That white water rafting idea sounded good.

PHOEBE: Yeah, that should be fun.

MONICA: White water rafting it is.

A bus pulls up with Animal Kingdom on the sign thing.

ROSS: Here's our bus.

Everyone gets in and the doors close.  Cut to the entrance gates of Animal Kingdom.  Everyone is getting through the lines
using the little passes that are used to open the door.  Monica collects all the passes and puts them in her fanny pack.  She gets a map out and starts looking for the where the white water rafting thing is.

PHOEBE: (Pointing ahead of her at the Tree Of Life) Ooo!  Ooo!  There's the big tree!

JOEY: Woah!  That thing is huge!

ROSS: There's suppose to be, like, over 50 animals carved into it.

PHOEBE: Why would someone want to carve into a beautiful tree like that?

RACHEL: Pheebs, it's not a real tree.

PHOEBE: Oh!  Then how did they carve all the animals into it if it isn't a real tree.

RACHEL: (Gives her a 'think about it' look)

PHOEBE: (Understanding) Oh!  Okay.

MONICA: The white water rafting is quite far.  How about we go to one of the shows under the tree?

PHOEBE: Yeah!  I want to go in the tree.

MONICA: (Looking at her watch) Okay, then we better hurry.  The show starts in twenty minutes.

RACHEL: Then lets go. (They all start walking towards the tree, except Phoebe.  She just stands there with awe staring at the tree.  Rachel walks back and pulls her with.  Cut to the inside of the tree.  Everyone is waiting for the doors to open)

ANNOUNCER: The show will be starting in a couple of minutes.  Would everyone please stay behind the yellow line on the floor?  Thank you.  The doors open and everyone goes into the theater and sits down.  I have experienced this 3-D show and I must say it is very exhilarating  and quite freaky.  My sisters had to leave.  Unfortunately for them, they left right after the scary part ended.  If you haven't seen this show, skip this part because I'm gonna spoil it.  The first thing you do after you put on the 3-D glasses, you see a Flick (A Bug's Life) robot thing hanging upside down from the ceiling.  He talks to you and then you look at the screen for the rest of the show.  The screen (Like a movie screen) has butterflies for the curtain and they start fluttering their wings and separate like a curtain.  An animated Flick comes out and (I think) introduces Claire de Room, a stink bug.  She shows us her power and you can smell a scent like a skunk would make.  Just plug your nose, it goes away.  Next is the termite that spits poison.  I forgot his name.  One of the butterflies from the curtain comes out and the termite tries to spray it.  Unfortunately, the butterfly flies above the audience and we are squirted with water when he spits the poison.  There are more, but this is suppose to be a fanfic, not "What I Did On My Summer Vacation."

A shot of Monica burying her head into Chandler's chest with his arm around her shows.  Then a shot of Rachel covering her eyes.  Then a shot of Joey with a "This is so cool" look on his face and Phoebe is looking depressed.  Joey notices this.

JOEY: What's wrong?

PHOEBE: If Gary were here, I could pretend to be scared just to snuggle up against him, like Monica and Chandler.

JOEY: You can act scared with me.

PHOEBE: (Kind of smiles) That's okay.  The scary part's almost over.

JOEY: Okay. (Smiles and looks back at the screen.  Phoebe smiles back at him and looks back at the screen also)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scene three-The entrance to the white water rafting ride.  Not the entrance to the walk, but the part where they load you into the rafts. Everyone is at the front of the line.

LOADING MAN: (To Monica) How many?

MONICA: Six

LOADING: Okay, I'm gonna have to split you up.  Two of you go in the first one and the rest in the second one.

JOEY: Me first!

PHOEBE: Me too! (They walk quickly to the first raft, where they are strapped in.  Everyone else goes to the other raft and straps in there.  Monica and Chandler together and Rachel and Ross are with two other people.  Phoebe and Joey are strapped in together.

PHOEBE: This is going to be so fun!

JOEY: I'm glad your not thinking about Gary.

PHOEBE: (Depressed) I forgot all about Gary.

JOEY: Oh, man!  Cheer up.  This is going to be so fun.

PHOEBE: Your right.  I'll forget all about Gary.  Gary who?

JOEY: That's the spirit!

PHOEBE: Yeah!  I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride. (At this point, the raft reaches the point in the ride where there are masses that represent a part of the rain forest that has been distroyed by fire and saws.  Phoebe does her reaction from the episode when Joey works for the tree farm and she sees a dead tree go into the chipper.  Joey tries to comfort her.  Cut to the end of the ride.  Everyone sees Joey comforting Phoebe)

RACHEL: What happened?

PHOEBE: Those poor trees!  What did they do to deserve that?!?

RACHEL: Pheebs, you know that those trees weren't really, right?

PHOEBE: Um, yes?

MONICA: Honey, did you think those were real trees?

PHOEBE: Yeah.  But the fire and the chainsaw noises.

ROSS: The chainsaw noise was a recording coming out of speakers and the fire didn't really burn those trees down.

PHOEBE: See, I did not know that.

MONICA: Did you enjoy the rest of the ride?

PHOEBE: I liked the fountain thing and the hill we went up.

RACHEL: Me too!  That hill was so cool.

CHANDLER: Yeah, it  was pretty neat.

RACHEL: No, I meant I wasn't hot after we went through.

CHANDLER: Okay.  That too, I guess.

MONICA: (Looking at the map) We should go on the African Safari.  They load us up in a big open van thing and drive us around a man made animal refuge.  The only fence is around the outside.  There are lions, giraffes, elephants, and others.

JOEY: That sounds pretty cool.

RACHEL: Let's go. (Everyone starts walking.  Joey still has his arm around Phoebe)

PHOEBE: Um, Joey?

JOEY: Yeah?

PHOEBE: You can stop comforting me now.

JOEY: Right. (Takes his arm off her shoulders) Sorry.

ENDING CREDITS

No teaser.  Just some previews for the next episode.  Phoebe and Joey talking in Phoebe and Rachel's room.

PHOEBE: I mean, what if I never find my lobster?  Am I gonna die living in some old folk's home with no one?

JOEY: You'll find someone.  It just takes time to realize who it is.

PHOEBE: I guess your right.  (Smiles) Thanks Joey. (Hugs him.  They pull apart and look into each other's eyes.  Joey kisses
her passionately and then they pull apart)

PHOEBE: Oh, wow. (They start kissing again and the scene fades out)