TOW All the Surprises Part One
By Sally

Scene one-Monica and Rachel's apartment.  I just assume it has been almost two months since Monica's pregnancy was discovered.  Monica and Chandler are getting ready for Monica's first ultra-sound.  Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, and Joey are all watching a movie and eating popcorn and candy.

MONICA: Wish me luck!

ALL: Good luck! (etc.)

CHANDLER: (Looking at his watch) We better go if we don't want to be late.

MONICA: Bye!

ALL: Bye.

Chandler and Monica leave.

JOEY: Here comes the killer.  Watch out lady!

A scream is heard from the TV.

PHOEBE: (Screams and scares Ross, who throws his popcorn in the air) Oh my god!!  He shut her in the garage door!!
(Changes her tone completely and wrinkles up her nose) Eww.  Look at all the blood.

ROSS: Enough `Scream' for me.

OPENING CREDITS

Scene two-Hospital room.  Monica is lying on her back on the bed. Chandler is sitting in a chair by the bed.  The nurse from Mad About You that gives Jamie her ultra-sound enters.

NURSE: Hey.  How are you guys doing?

CHANDLER: Great.

NURSE: I understand you're here for your first ultra-sound.

MONICA: Yeah.

NURSE: That's great.  Could you pull up your shirt and rub this on your stomach?

MONICA: Sure. (Does so)

NURSE: (Gets the ultra-sound thing and puts it on her stomach.  She moves it around until a heartbeat is heard) There we go.

MONICA: Oh! (To Chandler) That’s our baby.

CHANDLER: (Kisses her forehead) I love you.

NURSE: (Moves the thing around) Oop.  There's another one.

CHANDLER: What?

NURSE: Congratulations you two.  Looks like your having twins.

MONICA: (Weakly) Twins?

Cut to Monica and Rachel's apartment.  Ross is sitting in the chair on the left.  Rachel, Phoebe, and Joey are sitting on the couch.  Chandler and Monica are standing by the door.  It is obvious they just got home from the ultra-sound and are telling everyone the news.

ROSS: (Surprised) Twins!?

PHOEBE: Cool!

RACHEL: That’s incredible!

JOEY: Yeah baby!  Two little Joeys.

MONICA: Joey, only one is being named after you.

JOEY: So?  Can I name the other one?  Please, please, please?

CHANDLER: We'll see.

MONICA: Joey, I think if one of the babies are named after you and you might name the other one, I think Ross should be godfather of the one you name.

JOEY: Whatever.  As long as I get to be godfather of little Joey or Joy.

MONICA: Of course.  And Rachel, which would you rather be godmother to?

RACHEL: Up to Phoebe.

PHOEBE: I want Joy.  Cause, like, happiness and stuff.

RACHEL: Then I get little-no-name.

MONICA: Great!  I'm so glad you guys aren't fighting about who gets who.  I'm gonna go take a nap. (To Chandler) Wake
me up in an hour.

CHANDLER: (Kisses her forehead) I'll set the timer.

Monica goes to her room.

PHOEBE: So, wow, twins.  Can I call some people?

RACHEL: Sure.

PHOEBE: I'm gonna go out on the balcony for some privacy. (Does so, then comes right back in with the phone in her hands)
Ross.  Someone is on the phone for you.

ROSS: (Takes the phone) Thanks. (Split screen with Sarah Michelle Geller) Hello?

SARAH: Ross?

ROSS: Yeah, who is this?

SARAH: Don't tell me you don't remember your own cousin.

ROSS: Sarah?  Oh my god.  How are you?

SARAH: Fine.  Do you and Monica live together?

ROSS: No way.  She lives with a friend from high school.  I  live in the apartment across the street.  Hang on sec. (Covers the
mouthpiece.  To Chandler) Could you wake up Mon and tell her Sarah is on the phone.

CHANDLER: She's not gonna be happy. (Goes to Monica's room)

MONICA: (Cut to three way screen with Ross and Monica on the bottom) Sarah?

SARAH: Monica?

MONICA: Oh my god!  How are you?

SARAH: Great!  I heard about your marriage.  Congratulations.

MONICA: Thanks.  That’s not all that has happened.  I'm pregnant.

SARAH: Really!!

MONICA: With twins.

SARAH: Oh, god!  I'm so happy for you.  Now I feel bad about why I called.

ROSS: Why did you call?

SARAH: I have to get away from home.  My parents are going through tough times and I need to relax for a while.  Can I
come to New York with two friends and stay with one of you?  Please save me.

MONICA: Sure!  You can stay with me.  I'll probably be in Chandler's apartment so you and your friends can bunk in my room.

SARAH: That would be so great.  When should I fly out?

ROSS: How about next Thursday?  Is that okay with you, Mon?

MONICA: I have a doctor's appointment so you'll have to pick them up at the airport.

ROSS: No problem.

SARAH: Thursday's okay for me too.  So Ross will meet Willow, Xander, and me at the airport for the, lets say, four o'clock
flight?

ROSS: Great.

MONICA: See ya then.

SARAH: Bye.

Cut to full screen of Ross and everyone minus Monica.  Monica bursts out of her bedroom with a huge smile on her face.

MONICA: That was a great mood lifter.

CHANDLER: Who was that?  George Clooney?

MONICA: No, silly.  That was our cousin, Sarah.  She lives in LA so we don't get to see her a lot.

JOEY: Sarah Geller as in Sarah Michelle Geller?

ROSS: No.

JOEY: Oh.  That would be cool if your cousin was that vampire killer.

MONICA: Whatever.  I'm gonna go finish that nap now.

PHOEBE: Can I have the phone back now?

ROSS: Sure Pheebs. (Hands her the phone)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scene three-Chandler and Joey's apartment.  Chandler and Monica are sharing a chair, while Joey is on the other one.  Chandler, Joey, and Monica are there discussing baby names.  Actually, Monica and Joey are talking.  Chandler is sleeping.

MONICA: Ed doesn't really do anything for me Joey.  How about some girl names.

JOEY: Patty.

MONICA: Good. (Writes something on a piece of paper)

JOEY: Connie.

MONICA: Chandler, what do you think of Connie?

CHANDLER: (Almost asleep) Yeah, she's hot.

MONICA: Chandler!  Name for the baby.

CHANDLER: (Wakes up) What?  What?

MONICA: What do you think of Connie for a name for the baby?

CHANDLER: Great.  I like that.

MONICA: While your awake, what about Scott for a boy?

CHANDLER: That’s good too.

MONICA: Great!  Joey thought of them.

CHANDLER: Whatever. (Goes back to sleep)

MONICA: I always liked the name Maggie.

JOEY: Hey!  I'm thinking of names. (Pauses) I like Maggie.

MONICA: Great! (Writes it down)

PHOEBE: (Enters cautiously and comes in more quickly when she sees Joey, Chandler, and Monica on the chairs) Hi!  I
wanted to make sure you weren't having sex before I came in.

MONICA: Well, we're not so you can come on in.

PHOEBE: I already am in.

MONICA: Whatever.

PHOEBE: (Notices Chandler asleep) Did you do something to him?

MONICA: I don't know.  Joey, did you slip Chandler some sleeping pills?

JOEY: No way!  Not after what happened last time.

CHANDLER: (Sleepily) I kicked his ass.  When I woke up, that is.

PHOEBE: Why are you so tired?  Oh, wait!  Let me guess.  I'm working on my psychic skills.

CHANDLER: Guess away.

PHOEBE: You were up all night writing down names for the baby.

CHANDLER: How did you know?

PHOEBE: Your shirt's untucked.

CHANDLER: Cool.

PHOEBE: I have to go.  Gary is in Central Park and I want to surprise him.

CHANDLER: How do you know that?

PHOEBE: He called me earlier and told me he would be protrolling Central Park today.  Duh.

ENDING CREDITS

Scene four-Central Perk.  Monica, Chandler, and Phoebe are on the couch.  Ross is in the left chair, Rachel is in the right chair.  Joey is missing.

PHOEBE: You are going to find a penny, heads up, on your way home.

RACHEL: Cool.  How do you know that?

PHOEBE: Your socks don't match.

MONICA: She's right.  One is navy blue and one is black.

RACHEL: Oh my god!  I have to go change them. (Gets up, leaves, bends over, picks something up, and comes back in) I just found a penny. Phoebe, you're awesome.

PHOEBE: I know.  Here comes Joey. (Rachel leaves again)

ROSS: (Looking behind him towards the door) Where?

PHOEBE: At the corner.  He should be here in a minute.

JOEY: (Enters) Hey.

ROSS: How was that done?

PHOEBE: I'm sitting at a different angle than you.  I could see him out the window.

END