708 : TOW The Unexpected Outburst

Written by : Zoey

Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me, but to Bright, Kaufman and Crane Productions and Warner Bros. Their use is not intended for profit, only for
entertainment.

{Scene 1 : Central Perk, midafternoon}

Joey is sitting on the couch next to Destiny, no one else is there. "So, tomorrow’s the big day."

Destiny smiles. "Yep... the first day of taping for New York Beat... excited?"

Suddenly the door bursts open and Emily comes streaking in. "Joey, Joey what are you doing? We start taping tomorrow, we should be going over our lines, and oh
my God I can’t do this and I can’t remember my lines, and what if I mess up and ....."

"Oh my GOD!" Destiny yells, grabbing Emily and shaking her. "Do you hear yourself? You sound hysterical!"

Emily nods, her eyes wide. "I know! I know, I’m freaked Des... I’ve... this is the biggest part ever!"

Joey begins to look nervous. "Yeah, I know.. I mean, this isn’t my first show, but it is the biggest show. I mean, it’s David Kelley, and he’s done so many... Picket
Fences, The Practice... Alley McBeal... and this one is drama, .... and I’ve only done comedy so far... and what if I don’t do it right...."

"I know, that’s what I’m saying!" Emily shouts, grabbing Joey. "I’m freaking out!"

"Now I am too!" Joey shouts.

Destiny laughs and covers her head. "You guys come on! You’ve been rehearsing for weeks now... you’ve got it, you guys are gonna do great..."

"But, what if we mess up?! Huh? What then?!" Joey shouts, biting his finger. "I don’t wanna work here again!" He shouts, pointing behind the counter at an Gunther,
who looks at him, insulted.

"Hey guys...." Chandler says, walking in, stopping as he sees that Joey is mid freak out. He looks at Destiny. "What’d I miss?"

Destiny shrugs. "I don’t know! One second he’s all happy that they start shooting tomorrow, and now..." She motions to him. "Look at him!"

Chandler does so and starts laughing. "Joey, calm down, you’ll be fine."

Joey takes a deep breath. "Right... right... right, we’ll be fine..." He still looks a little panicked. "Emily, we’ll be fine."

"Yeah?" She asks, sitting down. "Yeah, fine... okay, fine."

Emily and Joey both sit on the couch, biting their nails. Destiny chuckles and goes over to the counter and sits on a stool. Gunther is cleaning the counter and smiles
at her. "Hey, Gunther, how’s it going?"

He looks at her strangely. "Fine."

She looks at him just as strangely. "What? Can’t a girl ask her favorite waiter how he’s doing?"

He laughs. "Her favorite waiter?"

"Ok, her favorite coffee server?"

He shakes his head. "No, it’s just that nobody ever asks me that like they actually wanna know."

She smiles and touches his hand. "I know, and that’s wrong... I like you, you’re nice, and you serve a mean cappacino!" She jokes.

"You’re trying to get a free coffee aren’t you?" He asks, smiling.

She laughs. "If I were, would that be how I’d go about doing it?"

He tilts his head. "I’d give it to you free even if you didn’t... all you’d have to do is ask."

She smiles, touched. "Really? Why?"

"Cause... you’re a sweet kid. And you’re Chandler’s sister, and they’ve always been great so..."

"So tell me... how long have you been in love with Rachel?" She asks abruptly. Gunther drops the coffee pot he’d been cleaning. Destiny giggles and leans over the
counter. "Sorry, are you okay?"

"What... what are you talking about... I’m not.." He pauses and whispers the next sentence. "I’m not in love with Rachel."

Destiny smirks. "Uh huh... just keep saying that."

He glares at her. "You just lost your free coffee priveledges."

"Aww!" She exclaims. "Come on Gunther. I was only asking... like I said, I like you... I’m not gonna tel her, I was just wondering!"

He looks furtively around. "Okay, okay, so I’ve been in love with her since I saw her... from the moment she walked in that door and into my pitiful existance of a
life..."

Destiny smiles. "See, now that wasn’t so hard to say!"

"You breath a WORD of that to anyone, I will slit your throat."

She laughs. "You’re an odd one Gunther. Can I get three latte’s and one..."

"Mochachino?" He finishes. She smiles at him. "Coming up."

Chandler walks up and motions to the broken coffee pot sitting on the counter top. "What’s that about?" He asks.

"Oh, I asked Gunther out... he was shocked!" She says nonchalantly. Chandler looks shocked as Gunther walks up, smiling.

Gunther looks at her. "Thanks."

"Could you grab those Chandler?" She says, pointing to the coffees.

"You’re... you’re actually going out with my sister?" Chandler asks. Gunther shrugs and walks away, leaving Chandler to stare at his back. Chandler grabs two of
the coffees and hands them to Joey and Emily, going back for his and Destiny’s. He sits next to her and hands it to her. "You actually asked him out?!"

She laughs. "Don’t worry... we’re not gonna do it... well, not on the first date!" Chandler makes one of his ‘not funny’ laughs, and takes a large sip of his coffee to
avoid making a sarcastic remark. "So, where’s Mon?"

Chandler looks uncomfortable. "Doctor’s appointment."

"For?"

"Um... it’s her... um... you know, you go once a year..."

"Oh, her gynecologist." Destiny says, getting it.

"Shhh... uck!" Chandler says, almost spitting his coffee.

"Pap smear..."

"SHUTUP!" He yells, covering his ears. Destiny laughs.

Next to him Emily looks at Joey. "You know what... they’re right. We’re gonna be fine." She says.

Joey nods, looking unconvinced. "Yeah, we’ll be fine."

"We’ll be GREAT!" She says, pumping her fist in the air.

"Great! YEAH we will!" Joey says, sounding a little more sure of himself.

"In fact.... we’re gonna kick some ass!" She nods. "Say it with me..."

"We’re gonna kick some ass!" They both shout.

Gunther walks over. "Guys, come on, this is a family place, please don’t use language like that."

Joey makes a sorry face. "Sorry, Gunther." Emily says.

He nods and looks at Destiny, who winks at him. He snickers at Chandler and walks away. "That guy... I don’t think he likes me too much." Chandler says.

"Yes he does... it’s just fun to annoy you." Destiny says, starting to look at a paper.

Chandler rips the paper from her hand and swats her in the head with it. "Well, it’s fun to hit you in the head with a newspaper... can I do it about twenty times so
we’ll be even?" She glares at him and he looks uncomfortable. "You’re gonna spit on me aren’t you?"

"Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but one day, and when I have alot of phlem." She says ominously.

Emily and Joey stand and head off to his apartment to rehearse some more. Destiny looks after them. "They’re so cute... doesn’t she seem like a little him
sometimes?"

"But not so stupid." Chandler agrees. "I didn’t mean stupid... I meant... I meant..."

"Dingy."

Chandler nods. "That."

 

{Scene 2 : Monica’s resteraunt, evening}

"Ms. Geller... someone would like to complain to the cook." A waitress comes in, smiling slightly.

Monica turns around. "Great, as if this day could GET worse!"

Chandler pops up and smiles at her. "I have a complaint... how come the cook isn’t home with her fiance?"

"Because the cook is VERY busy and she hasn’t had a break all day, AND she still has to do inventory, AND she had to fire one of the other cooks today, so she
is so backed up that she has got the migraine from HELL...." She takes a deep breath and shakes her head. "Sweety, I’m sorry, I’m really cranky right now, and
you don’t really wanna be with me right now, okay?"

He walks further into the kitchen, motioning for the waitress to leave. "Honey, yes I do... take a break, come talk to me." He says, sitting on the edge of the counter,
giving her a ‘come hither’ look.

She walks over and his grin widens until she pulls him off the table. "You can’t sit on there, that is unsanitary." She smiles tightly. "I love you for coming down here,
but please leave now."

"But, I have something to tell you..."

"Chandler! I don’t have time right now!"

He holds up his hands. "Look, I’m sorry you’re having a bad day, but you don’t have to bite my head off..."

"I TOLD you to leave, that I wasn’t in a good mood!"

"FINE!" He yells, turning and leaving the room.

She looks after him and starts to walk after him but a waiter comes in. "Ms. Geller, table five has been waiting fifteen minutes for a salad! I know you’re backed up
in here with Byron gone, but come on! I am going to get like, no tip!"

She glares at him. "You know what?!" She shouts. "SHOVE IT!!!" Taking her apron off she throws it at the startled waiter. "You want a salad? YOU MAKE IT!
Along with the Chicken Parmesian, and The Tortilini, and the... and the Ravioli... I QUIT!"

 

{Scene 3 : Chandler and Monica’s apartment, later}

"Honey, of course she’s not mad at you, she’s just stressed out." Rachel says to Chandler.

Chandler nods. "Before, yes... but I just left... I shouldn’t have done that."

"She TOLD you to leave... you just did what she asked you to do. She’s not gonna be mad at you." Destiny says, patting his back.

Chandler nods. "Okay, then tell me this... how come when I called at nine, they said she left at eight, and it’s 10:30 and she’s not here?"

Destiny laughs. "Think about it."

He looks at her. "I really don’t see what’s funny."

Destiny gives him a look. "Ok, ya know what? You know how much you didn’t like it when she snapped at you for her stressful day today? Well... that’s what
you’re doing right now."

He nods, putting his hand on hers and smiling slightly. "Sorry."

"Honey, she’s probably just walking around. She’s probably just trying to calm down." Destiny says.

"Plus you know Mon. She hates to apologize." Rachel laughs. "She’s probably trying to work up the courage to apologize to you."

Chandler makes an aprehensive face. "You think so?"

"Look, you have nothing to be worried about okay? You didn’t do anything wrong except have bad timing when you were trying to do a really sweet, romantic
thing." Destiny smiles. "If it had been any other she would have been happy to have you come sweep her away from her work."

"That’s what I was trying to do... I just wanted to come see her... "

They all look up as the door opens and slams, a red faced Monica standing there. "Oh my God, Monica are you okay?" Chandler says, concerned. She glares at
him.

Chandler looks at Destiny and Rachel and walks up to Monica. "Honey...."

"Just shut up okay?!" She shouts, tears running down her face.

Chandler is completely taken off guard. "Mon.."

"What gave you the right to come to my work and demand me to leave with you!"

Chandler holds up his hands. "I didn’t... I just wanted to come and see you...."

"Yeah, well...." She wipes at her eyes. "Fat lot of good you did!"

"Monica look... whatever happened today wasn’t Chandler’s fault and you need to back off." Destiny said softly, putting a hand on Monica’s shoulder.

Monica pushes her hand off and glares at Destiny. "Look, Destiny, you don’t know what you are talking about so BUTT OUT!"

"Hey!" Chandler shouts, stepping between Monica and Destiny. "It’s bad enough for you to yell at me for something I didn’t do, but don’t yell at her for it!"

"Fine! Take her side!"

"Monica!" Chandler shouts.

He looks at Rachel for help. "Honey... honey, what’s wrong? You wanna talk to me about it?" She says.

Monica glares at Chandler. "Great, pass me off on Rachel... don’t care what I’m upset about."

Chandler makes a ‘i can’t win’ face. "I was trying to until you bit my head off for living!"

"You know what?!" She shouts, pointing at him. "You just don’t get it! I... I think you should find somewhere else to sleep tonight, cause I don’t wanna look at you!"
She yells, turning on her heal and going into their room, slamming the door.

Chandler turns to Destiny and Rachel and spreads his arms wide. "What the HELL was that?!"

Destiny shrugs. "Period?"

Chandler shakes his head. "No... that’s over for this month." He runs his hands through his hair. "Well... thanks you guys, but I guess you should leave... no sense
her yelling at you two too."

Rachel hugs him. "Just give her a little while to cool off. I’m sure it’s nothing."

"THAT was nothing?" Destiny laughs. "It wasn’t nothing, but it’s not you." She says, hugging Chandler. "She’ll talk eventually."

{later}

Chandler is sitting on the couch, trying not to fall asleep, his head propped up on his hand, staring at the door. Suddenly the door opens and Monica walks out
aprehensively. "Chandler?"

Chandler stirs and sits up. "Hey."

"We need to talk."

Chandler pats the couch next to him. "Honey, what was all that about?"

She sits next to him on the couch and tries to talk, all that comes out is a sob and the tears start to flow. "I think.... I don’t think we should get married."

Chandler laughs. "Okay, seriously, what’s wrong?"

Monica stares at him and takes a deep breath. "I’m serious."

Chandler stares at her, fear slowly creeping into him. "Monica, what... what are you talking about?"

"I don’t think we should get married. I... I just realized that... I’m... it’s all wrong..."

Chandler shakes his head and grabs her. "Monica, you don’t mean that... you... so you had a bad day and blew up at me... that happens. I’m sure it’ll happen again,
but it’s no reason to break off the engagement."

"Chandler... there’s.... there’s other reasons... But I don’t want to talk about it right now." She says. "I’m sorry."

Chandler blinks as a tear falls. "Monica, you don’t know what you’re saying...." He takes a deep breath. "Look, maybe you just need to get some sleep. You had a
rough night and you’re upset..."

"Chandler... no. I’m serious. I want you to leave." She says, getting up.

He stares at her. "Why?!" He shouts, standing up. "What... Monica, what the hell happened today?!"

She stares at him for a moment. "I can’t... I can’t talk about it right now... could you.. please just go back to Joey’s."

He shakes his head. "No... no no no way!" He looks at her, panicking. "What happened today... everything was fine until you went to work...." Suddenly his face
falls. "You.... Richard came to see you again didn’t he?"

Monica looks at him shocked. "What?"

He backs up. "You regret choosing me!" He shouts. "You still think he’s the one... he came to see you again and you realized that you want him!" She starts to
shake her head but decides to remain silent. "Oh my god... I can’t... you...." Chandler covers his mouth as the tears start to pour. "Monica I never... I never thought
you could hurt me like this... I love you."

Monica turns so that he can’t see her face. "I’m sorry."

He lets out a sob and picks up his jacket. "Fine... that’s fine, Monica... I’m not gonna be the idiot that tries to love someone that doesn’t love him." He starts to back
out of the apartment, opening the door, willing Monica to turn around and call him back. "I love you." He says quietly. "Tell me you love me Monica... tell me this is
all stress... tell me you’re upset and you don’t mean any of this."

"Goodbye Chandler." She says quietly, walking in her room without looking back at him.

He stares at her closed door for a few seconds. "No..." He whispers. "That did not just happen..." He slowly sinks to the floor, leaning against the door jam. "No no
no no no...." He moans.

 

{Scene 5 : The hallway, next morning}

Emily walks around the corner, heading to Joey’s apartment. Just as she’s about to knock on Joey’s door, she looks down and notices Chandler huddled on the
floor in front of his and Monica’s door, his head buried in his hands. "Chandler?"

Chandler slowly raises his head and looks at her, a haunted look on his face. "Hnnuhu" He says, his mouth twitching. Suddenly his eyes fill with tears and he starts to
sob, curling his legs up tighter to his body.

Emily, completely taken off guard starts to pound on Joey’s door. "Joey! Joey get out here!" She falls to her knees and grabs Chandler’s face in her hands.
"Chandler? Chandler? Are you okay? Snap out of it? What are you on? How much did you have..."

Joey opens the door and looks out, screaming as he sees Emily trying to get Chandler to speak. He rushes over to where they are crouched. "Chandler? What
happened man? Are you alright?"

Emily looks at Joey freaked out. "I think... he’s out of it man." She says, standing and running her hands through her hair. "Maybe... maybe he’s taken something..."
She nods. "This is what Des looked like the night she... I gotta call an ambulance...."

She starts to go inside but Chandler reaches out and grabs her leg. She looks at him and they meet eyes. "I’m not on anything..."

"You’re not?"

He shakes his head no. He closes his eyes and leans his head back against the wall. Suddenly he bangs his head fiercely against the wall. "God! I can’t believe this!"

Monica’s door opens and Monica walks out, her cooking outfit on, freezing as her and Chandler catch eyes. Chandler suddenly stands up. "Monica..." She turns
and starts to walk away. "Monica TALK TO ME!!"

She turns. "I... I can’t do this right now, I’ve gotta go to work."

She walks away, leaving a devastated Chandler to watch after her. He starts to lose his balance but catches himself on the wall. Destiny walks around the corner
and sees him. "Oh god." She says, walking up to him. She looks at Joey. "I just saw Monica go by in a blur, what happened?"

Joey puts an arm around Chandler, helping to hold him up. "I have no idea..." He looks at Chandler. "Man, come on, say something." Chandler fights to breath.

Emily speaks up. "Um, I came up here to get Joey to go to the studio, and he was asleep on the floor... but I don’t think he was asleep..."

"In the hall?" Destiny asks, staring at Chandler worriedly.

Emily nods. "Yeah, and I said something to him and he just... he started rocking back and forth, and crying...."

"She broke it off." He said, startling everyone.

"What?" Joey asks, hoping he didn’t mean what it sounded like he meant.

Chandler stares at Joey, a tear slipping out of his eye. "She broke the engagement off." He smiles slightly. "She doesn’t love me anymore...." Suddenly he breaks
away from Joey and starts down the hall.

Destiny steps in the way. "Chandler, where are you..."

He catches eyes with her. "Get out of my way..."

"Chandler..." She starts.

He shoves past her and runs down the hallway and down the stairs, ignoring Destiny and Joey’s calls to come back.

Destiny looks at Joey. "Is he gonna be okay?"

Joey shakes his head, his own eyes filled with tears. "I don’t know... Monica is the first woman he’s ever truly loved.... I just don’t know how he’s gonna deal with
this."

Destiny turns and looks at where Chandler had disappeared to. "Oh, thank god he’s not me."

Joey grabs her arm. "That was a really horrible thing to say!"

Emily shakes her head. "No, Joey, she didn’t mean thank god it was him and not her, she means thank god HE isn’t HER."

Joey shakes his head. "Not seeing the difference."

"The difference..." Destiny says. "Is that if he were me, he’d be sticking a needle in his arm after a year of being sober right now."

 

{Scene 6 : Ross’ work, a while later}

"No... that is clearly a pterodactyl bone... no no, Robert... that is the bone from a winged animal, and the only winged animal of that period was the pterodactyl..."
Ross said, trying to control his temper. "Look, I used to work in a museum okay? I majored in this! I know a pterydactal bone when I see it, faxed or not!"

There was a timid knock on his office door and he sighed. "Robert, I’m going to have to call you later, I have class now.... bye-bye!" He slams the phone down and
goes to the door. Opening it he is shocked to see his sister, sobbing her heart out. "Monica? Oh my god" He said, immediatly hugging her.

"Oh Ross..." She sobs.

He leads her into his office and sits her in the big comfortable leather chair. He squats in front of her and takes her hands. "Monica, what happened? Tell me."

She sniffs and wipes her eyes. "I... I..." She takes a deep breath. "I broke off the engagement."

Ross sits there, stunned. "You... uh... you what?!" He yells. Monica starts to cry harder and he stands, anger threatening to overcome him. "What did he do? I’ll
KILL him!!!"

"Ross... Ross... Chandler didn’t do anything... it’s me."

Ross lets out a breath. He loved Chandler like a brother and he’d hate to have to kill him, but would if he’d hurt Monica. "Then what happened? Oh..." He covers
his mouth. "Did you... did you change your mind? Do you wanna be with Richard?"

Monica lets out a short laugh and glares at him. "Why does everyone think that?! Am I that fickle?"

Ross stares at her. "Monica, you have been with Chandler for two years, known him for ten, just got engaged, and you come in here and tell me that you all of a
sudden called off the wedding... what am I supposed to think? I don’t know why you would do that, tell me."

She sniffs. "Okay... you’re right, I’m sorry, I’m just really... I’m upset..."

Ross brushes her hair back and kisses her forehead. "Clearly... come on, Mon... tell me what happened?"

She tries to open her mouth but she sobs again. "Ross... I .... I can’t have babies!"

Ross is stunned. "Wh... what?"

"I went to the doctor the other day, and you know how I found out I had that condition when I was little and that’s why I was fat?" Monica said, trying to stop
crying.

Ross nodded. "That was when you were like 15... um..... Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?" (yes, it’s real, I have it)

"Well..." She covers her mouth and sniffs again. "Well, turns out... turns out that I still have it, even though they thought they’d controlled it with the medication... and
that means... that mean.... I can’t... I can’t... have... children..."

Ross gasps and hugs her to him. "Oh... Monica, I’m so sorry... are you sure? There’s no... there’s no surgery, or process.... what if you could use that invetro
stuff...."

She shakes her head. "No... no, nothing."

He blinks as he feels his own tears threaten to overcome him. It had always been Monica’s dream to marry the love of her life and have children... "But.... what does
that have to do with Chandler, sweetie?"

She looks at him incredulously. "Ross... Chandler wants to have children too."

Ross nods. "Okay."

"Ross! If I stayed with him, he’d never have children! I can’t.... I can’t do that to him!" She sobs choppily. "I love him too much."

"Well... what did he say?" Ross asks. She looks away. "You didn’t tell him?! You just... you just broke off the wedding and didn’t tell him?!"

She nods. "He’d stay with me anyway, and I can’t do that to him."

Ross shakes his head, unbelievingly. "Monica! You HAVE to tell him!"

"No Ross! I can’t!" She shouts back. She points at him. "And neither can you!"

He sits back. "Monica, I’m not going to tell him, it’s not my place... but you have to tell him...." He wipes away her tears. "Why does he think you broke it off?" She
looks away again. Ross nods, pursing his lips. "By everyone you meant Chandler thought you chose Richard too didn’t you?" She nods. "Oh, My God Monica, you
have to tell him the truth... Honey, he loves you, you guys can work through this. He loves you so much..."

She nods. "And so do I and that’s why I can’t do this to him."

"No, Monica, what you can’t do to him is let him think you chose Richard after accepting his proposal... He’s gotta be devastated."

Monica nods. "You’re right... I’ll tell him it wasn’t Richard... but I’m still not going to tell him the real reason..." She points at Ross. "And I want you to swear to me
you won’t tell him."

Ross takes her hand. "I’ll only swear to that if you swear to me that you will THINK about telling him... really think about it, Monica. You’re not being fair to him."

Slowly Monica nods. "Okay... I’ll... I’ll think about it."

Ross nods and pulls her into his arms. "Oh, Monica, I’m so sorry. It’ll be okay... it’s gonna be alright."

 

{Scene 7 : A bar}

Chandler rolls the empty shot glass in his finger, his vision slightly blurred. As the bar tender comes back around he motions for him to fill him back up. The guy puts
down his towel and stares at Chandler. "Okay, it is 11:30 in the morning, and you’ve had four shots of whiskey. What’s up?" He says.

Chandler looks at him and his eyes fill up with tears. "I can’t... I don’t wanna talk about it, are you gonna fill it up or not?" He spits out.

The bar tender shakes his head and fills up the glass. "That’s number five, the cut off is six."

Chandler stares at the glass for a few seconds before knocking it down and slamming it on the counter. Pounding his fist on the counter he feels his world starting to
tilt and he can’t tell if it’s the alcohol or the pain he’s feeling. How could Monica do this? How could she tell him she’d marry him only to go back to Richard. He
loved her so much. Suddenly he stands and throws twenty bucks on the counter. "Hey!" He shouts to the bar tender. The bar tender walk over. "Is this gonna cover
it?" He asks.

The man picks it up and nods. "Let me get you your change."

Chandler waves him off. "Forget it man, keep it." He picks up his coat and storms out.

{later}

Chandler is standing in a hallway and staring at a door. "Number six... aparment six... this is it.. this is it... please don’t let her be here, please don’t let her be here..."
He raises his hand and knocks on the door loudly, cringing as the hollow sound reverberated through his intoxicated mind.

The door swings open. "What the devil.... Chandler?"

He glares at him. "I thought we talked... I thought.. I thought we had an understanding man... how could you do this to us, Richard!"

Richard holds the door open wider and Chandler apprehensively walks in, looking around. "Chandler, what the hell is wrong? You look terrible."

Chandler laughs sarcastically and turns to look at him. If looks could kill, Richard would be lying on the floor, a pool of blood quickly surrounding him. "Thanks...
thank you very much, you steal the love of my life, and you tell me I look terrible..."

Richard is more than completely confused. "Look... Chandler, are you drunk?" He sniffs, making a face. "Why don’t you sit down and I’ll get you some coffee..."

"Oh STOP IT!" Chandler shouts, sitting down nonetheless. "Stop trying to be such a nice guy... I... I really did think you were a great guy, but twice... TWICE you
steal her!"

Richard hands him a cup of coffee. Chandler reluctantly takes it. "Ok, let me start off with I have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about, and also... are
you alright?"

Chandler slams the coffee cup on the table and stands, face to face, or, neck to face, with Richard. "How dare you pretend you don’t know... You told Monica you
loved her..."

"And then you proposed to her and she said yes!" Richard said, gently putting a hand on Chandler’s shoulder. "That was months ago, Chandler."

"NO!" He shouts, shoving Richard’s hand away. "You told her again! You said.... you told me to go get her, that you’d back off... but you lied, cause I know that
you went to see her yesterday at work!"

Richard shook his head. "No, Chandler, I didn’t. I meant what I said, and I did back off, and I haven’t seen her since that day... two months ago."

Chandler stares at him and surprisingly he finds himself almost believing him. "What... then why did she tell me that..."

Richard tries once again to put his hand on Chandler’s shoulder, this time not being shook off. He gently pushes Chandler onto the couch and sits next to him. "Why
don’t you tell me what happened."

Chandler covers his face. "She... she broke off the engagement last night..."

"What?!" Richard exclaims, confused.

Chandler looks at him. "You... you really don’t know anything about this, do you?" Richard shakes his head. "Then... I asked her if you were the reason and she
said..." He pauses and tries to think. "She said... she said I’m sorry... she didn’t answer... Oh, my god I’m such an idiot...." He looks up at Richard with tears in his
eyes, half scared. "I can’t believe I just made such a fool of myself."

Richard laughs. "It’s okay, Chandler. You’re upset, and understandably so."

Chandler half smiles. "God, you know what? Why don’t you just hit me... that makes it twice that I’ve barged into your home and accused you."

Richard shakes his head, clamping his hand on Chandler’s shoulder sympathetically. "The first time you had a right... and this time.. Listen, if anyone understands
how crazy missing Monica can make you, it’s me okay?"

Chandler covers his face with both hands and falls further into the couch. "I’m sorry... I’m so sorry... God, I’m such a idiot. Here you are, this great guy, and here I
come, crazy lunatic guy..."

Richard laughs. "Atleast you’re FUNNY crazy lunatic guy." Chandler just looks at him. "Chandler it’s okay. Really."

Chandler sits up. "You know, in this crazy way, it would have been halfway okay if it had been you she left me for." Richard looks at him incredulously. "Not for me
mind you, but... if you were who made Monica happy, I wouldn’t want her to stay with me and be miserable... but... but if it’s not you she broke it off for... then
who... or what... is it?"

Richard shrugs. "I have no idea... did you try to talk to her about it?"

"Ofcourse I tried! She won’t talk to me man!" Chandler shouts. He holds his head in his hands. "Oh my God, I had way too much to drink."

Richard leans forward and grabs the coffee again. "Drink." Richard stands up. "Look... why don’t I take you out to lunch. You need some food in you to sober you
up, and we can talk... try and figure this out."

Chandler looks up at him. "God, you really are one of the greatest guys I’ve ever met." Richard smiles, Chandler smiling slightly. "You are willing to take me out to
eat and figure out why Monica.. MONICA... would leave me when... when two months ago she chose me over you."

Richard shrugs. "It’s like you said... If she’s happy." He holds out his hand and helps Chandler stand. "Plus, I like you Chandler... you tried to grow a beard to be
like me, how could I not like you?"

Chandler laughs. "Thanks... I appreciate this... and I really am sorry."

Richard nods, grabbing his keys. "Chinese, Italien, or Mexican?"