TO LOVE, HONOR, AND CHERISH
(A CELEBRITY WEDDING)
by Creassya


This takes place after Preparations For Our Life Together. Chandler and Monica are about to get married. As Chandler stands at the alter waiting for her to walk down the aisle, he's not only excited about marrying her, but eager to surprise her after the vows are said. Chandler, and five hundred guests eagerly await Monica's entrance........
 

Jack stood next to Monica, with his arm linked with hers. He looked at her, amazed at how calm she seemed. She was eager, and ready to walk down the aisle. She noticed him looking at her. She smiled at him. She couldn't remember a time where he had been more proud of her than he was at that very moment. This was the biggest day of her life and he could see how happy she was. While the bridesmaids, and groomsmen made their way toward the alter, he and Monica had a heart to heart. She didn't have conversations like that with her mother. She was his youngest child, and only daughter. Part of him didn't want to let her go. He felt himself wanting to take her in his arms and hold her close, the way he did when she was just a baby. At times, he still saw her as a child he had a difficult time letting go of. She was precious to him. He looked at her, his little harmonica, all grown up, involved with a millionaire, who in minutes from now, she'll be married to. This was a moment he knew that he'd never forget.

Monica was extremely nervous, and yet eager to join Chandler at the alter. She had been waiting for this day her entire life. In minutes, she would be walking down the aisle to the man of her dreams, the love of her life. The wedding coordinator asked her is she was ready, but she shook her head. She wanted a few more seconds with her father. She wanted to savor that moment of him looking at her with pride in eyes, a look that she couldn't remember seeing before. It was a look that was usually reserved for Ross. After a minute, she announced that she was ready, and the doors were soon opened for her grand entrance. As soon as the doors were opened, the crowd came to their feet. She held onto her father's arm tightly. She looked into the crowd of smiling faces and felt as she would faint. While slowly gliding toward the alter, pictures were being taken of her from the audience gathered and also the photographer. She felt like a princess walking toward her prince. For the first time since the doors were opened for her arrival, she looked in Chandler's direction and saw him beaming. She no longer paid any attention to the five hundred guests that were standing before her, and her nervousness intensified. Her eyes were on her soon to be husband.

Chandler's heart was racing. Monica was the most beautiful bride he'd ever seen. She looked just like a princess, with a small crown on her head, and a beautiful white satin dress, with diamonds set in lace throughout, that fitted her perfectly. She was now focusing on him. Her loving eyes laid upon his face as she approached the alter with her father. He remembered the very first time he laid eyes on her. She was lying on the beach with sunglasses on. She must have been asleep, because he stood over her staring for a while before she sat up and took off her sunglasses. Now, they were standing in front of a minister, their friends, and family, about to pledge their eternal love for one another. Once the minister asked who gives this woman to this man, Jack said that he does, and soon was seated. Chandler and Monica gazed into each other's eyes with their hands joined together.

Cassandra looked into the faces of some five hundred guests, tuning out the words the minister was speaking to them. This was truly the event of the year, and she felt honored to be a part of it. She'd been waiting for this day as much as Chandler and Monica had. She loved the two of them together. Monica is a really good person and Chandler deserves her, she thought. They deserve each other. There were a lot of celebrities who attended the wedding. Looking into their faces, made her become nervous one again, so she tuned in just in time to hear Chandler and Monica recite their vows.

"Chandler, as I stand here in front of you, I feel like I'm the luckiest woman on the face of the earth. When I look in your eyes I see admiration, adoration, love, and respect. Your everything to me. My life has been so much better since you came into it. We got off to a rocky start romantically, but our love was too strong to let anyone or anything penetrate. Never in my life have I known a more loving, caring, courageous, intelligent, kind hearted, sweet, respectable, person. I don't know what I've ever done to deserve you. You're the best thing that's happened to me. When I look at our life together, and the decision I made to be your wife, I know that I've finally done something right. I love you sweetie," She said letting go of his hand to touch his face.

Rachel and Cassandra were already crying. Phoebe was on the verge of tears. She wanted to at least hold in her tears until after the ceremony so that she wouldn't ruin her makeup. She looked around her and noticed that she wasn't the only one crying. She looked at Monica and was surprised that she didn't see tears in her eyes or falling from her face. She hadn't know them separately. Only as a couple, but somehow she knew that they were happier together than when were apart. She thought it was so sweet the way they met, and how they ran into each other in New York after they thought they wouldn't ever see each other again. She hoped that one day she and Jimmy would be standing at the alter to become husband and wife. They were certainly together long enough.

"Monica, I love you so much. The words that I use to describe the way that I feel for you have been shorten. There's no possible way that I can put into words how strong my love is for you, but I'll try. You're an amazing woman to me. You have spirit, which made it easy for me to open up to you. You have patience, which calmed me. You have passion, which made me fall deeply in love with you. You have strength, which has brought us closer than ever. I don't know how I ever got along without you, and I hope I don't have to. You're my partner for life. I've never wanted anything more than to stand here with you, in front of God and everyone, and marry you. These are only a few of the chosen words I want to say to let you know how I truly feel about you. Here are some other words that can probably express my feelings better," he said leaning in to softly kiss her mouth.

There was a chorus of awww's from the audience at Chandler and Monica's display of emotion and affection for one another. Suddenly there was music playing and was heard clearly throughout the entire room. Monica recognized the song and the voice immediately. It was a song she loved. It was a song which reminded her of her and Chandler. It was a truly beautiful song. When she saw him come out as if from nowhere, she looked at Chandler with tears in her eyes. She was truly moved at that very moment, and saw the satisfied look upon Chandler's face as he noticed tears starting to form in her gorgeous blue eyes. The famous singer, Kenny Lattimore, slowly walked over to them singing the song, For You.

For You

For you I give a liftetime of stability, anything
you want of me, nothing is impossible
For you there are no words or ways to show my
love or all the thoughts I'm thinking of
'Cause this life is no good alone since we've
become one I've made a change
Everything I do now makes sense, all roads end,
all I do is for you,

Monica tried extremely hard to hold in her tears, but it was virtually impossible. The song touched her, and so did his efforts on getting Kenny Lattimore to sing at the wedding. Chandler was smiling at her, pleased at the effect the song had on her and the special meaning of the song. She no longer saw his gorgeous face in front of hers. She saw him standing over top her while she laid on the beach. It was the first time she'd ever seen him. She took off her sunglasses and saw a gorgeous man standing there smiling at her. She remember how disappointed she felt when he walked away without asking if he could get to know her. Later that day, he walked her to hotel. She was really nervous that day. Just earlier, she had been sitting in her hotel room feeling sorry for herself and wishing for someone to love and for that someone to love her. When they met, there was in instant attraction, which neither of them could deny. Now, they were standing at the alter, hand in hand, listening to the beautiful song that Kenny Lattimore was singing, and ready to pledge their eternal love to one another.

For you I share the cup of love that overflows
and anyone who knows us knows that I would
change all faults I have
For you there is no low or high or in between or
my heart that you haven't seen
'Cause I share all I have and am, nothing I've
said's hard to understand
And all I feel I feel deeper still and always will
all this love is for you

As tears fall from her face, she remembers the day she and Chandler were sitting on her couch pouring his heart out to her. The look in his eyes were sincere and that of a frightened child afraid of rejection. She understood the words that he had expressed to her that day and noticed how much he relaxed after he poured out his soul to her. It was when she had finally caught a glimpse of what was inside of him. He felt deep. Deeper than she had imagined his feelings to be for her. She felt truly honored that day.

Every note that I play, every word I might say
every melody I feel
Are only for you and your appeal
Every page that I write, everyday of my life
would not be filled without the things
That my love for you now brings

Monica wiped the tears that ran down her cheeks. Chandler's eyes began to water. He felt the tears about to fall and made no attempt to wipe them. Chandler was right. After they said their vows and the current serenade from Kenny Lattimore, there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Chandler held on to Monica's hands when she stopped wiping the tears from her eyes. He knew that she was trying hard to not cry, but her emotions were getting the better of her as she listened to one of her favorite songs of all time, and looking into the eyes of the person she loved more than anything. She thought back to the time where she felt really insecure about how Chandler felt about her. She feared that once he became famous, she was be just another girl he once dated. She couldn't have been more wrong. Looking back at that now, made her feel incredibly silly for thinking that way about Chandler. He made everything that involved the two of them really romantic, special, and unforgettable.

For you I'd make a promise of fidelity, now and
for eternity
No one could replace this love
For you I'd take your hand and heart and every
thing and replace them with a wedding ring
'Cause this life is no good alone, since we've
become one you're all I know
And if this feeling should leave I'd die and
here's why
All I am is for you

Monica's mind races back to when she arrived at the penthouse in Florida, only to find candles all around, and him coming out in the open with a single red rose in his hand. He played a song for her that expressed his feelings and made his proposal truly romantic. She remembered him on bended knee, gazing up into her eyes, taking her hand in his, and telling her to listen to the words in the song. As she listened to the lyrics, while looking into his gorgeous incredible blue eyes, she was convinced that the love that she and Chandler felt for one another, was truly everlasting, and real.

Everything I do now makes sense, all roads end
and all I do.....
Is for you

When the song ended, Monica hugged Chandler tightly. He gently caressed her back and closed his eyes. She cried in his arms. He waited until the crying ceased a bit before he broke the hug. When he was looking into her eyes again, he put his hand to her face to wipe her tears. She smiled and so did the minister. In all the years of him marrying couples, he had never seen a couple more in love than Chandler and Monica. They joined hands once again while the minister said a few words. Soon after, the rings were exchanged and put on one another's finger. When he pronounced them husband and wife, they looked at each other lovingly and they kissed passionately. There was applause, and cameras flashing as they kissed as husband and wife. Nora was proud of Chandler, not only because of his successful movie career, but for finding someone as good as Monica to settle down with. She had never known him to be with anyone for more than a few months. She knew that he really loved Monica and she was happy for them. She dapped her eyes with her handkerchief and watched the newlyweds as they kissed, along with everyone else.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Chandler Bing.

Chandler looked at the guests who were applauding them. He then turned his head in Monica's direction and kissed her again. While kissing her, he picked her up in his arms and she wrapped her arms around his neck. The photographer snapped a lot of photos of Chandler carrying Monica up the aisle. They went wild when he picked her up in his arms, with his lips still locked with hers. When they disappeared down the aisle, the bridesmaids and groomsmen followed behind them. Michael with Cassandra, Joey with Phoebe, and Rachel with Ross.

Hours later, after they had greeted the guests, Chandler and Monica, were again standing at the alter, along with Monica's bridesmaids, and Chandler's groomsmen taking pictures. Everyone else was headed to the reception. Again, Chandler found himself becoming anxious. He couldn't wait to get to the reception and have his first dance with his new wife. The photographer took pictures of Monica by herself first, then he took pictures of her and Chandler. When he felt that he had gotten enough pictures of the two of them, he surrounded Monica and Chandler with the wedding party, and began taking pictures. The photographer liked that Chandler had picked Monica up before walking up the aisle so much, that he suggested that he pick her up again so that he could get a few more pictures. The wedding party stepped out of the way, and Chandler once again picked her up and held Monica in his arms. One pose was of her and him kissing, the others were of her and him smiling at the camera, and of the two of them gazing into each others eyes. After the photographer had taken pictures, Cassandra, Phoebe, and Rachel told them to hold their pose because they wanted to get some pictures of their own.

They were there for a while taking pictures. Although Chandler was anxious to go to the reception, he was having fun. While Cassandra and Rachel were taking pictures of the gang and each other, Monica was sitting on Chandler's lap smiling at them.

"Well, we finally did it," Chandler said.

"This is a day that I will never forget, thanks to you."

"You liked the surprise?" he asked grinning.

"Of course I did. I can't believe you did that."

"Well, you've always wanted a fairytale wedding."

"Chandler, I love you so much."

"I love you too," he said softly.

When Chandler and Monica were engaged in their own conversation, Phoebe and Rachel stood in front of them while they were sitting, and snapped photos of them as they were about to kiss.

"Do you mind? We're having a private moment here," Chandler teased.

"Oh please. You'll have plenty of private time on your two week honeymoon," Phoebe reminded him.

"I like the sound of that," Monica said, smiling.

Kenny Lattimore came back out and went over to Chandler and Monica.

"I hope I'm invited to the reception," he said.

"Of course you are!" Monica said excited.

"Thanks a lot of doing this," Chandler said shaking his hand while Monica remained on his lap.

"It was no problem. I enjoyed doing it."

"Hey, can I please take a pictures of you with them?" Rachel asked.

"Sure."

Chandler and Monica got up from their seat, and stood at the alter with Kenny Lattimore. He stood in the back of Chandler and Monica with his hands on each of their shoulder. Rachel took a few pictures, and so did Phoebe and Cassandra. Michael, Joey, and Ross, sat and watched them as they went crazy with their cameras. When the photographer came back in, he quickly got a picture of Chandler and Monica standing with Kenny Lattimore. The gang wanted a picture with him also, so the photographer allowed them to step in. Once all the pictures were taken of the wedding party, they prepared to go to the reception. The photographer reported that there were reporters and photographers outside and that it will be difficult to get them to the limousine.

"We need a diversion," Chandler suggested.

"We could do it, Michael offered.

"What did you have in mind?" Cassandra asked.

"Me and you could walk out, but we'll be covered. We look like Chandler and Monica from behind."

"Yeah, but I don't have on a white wedding dress."

"I think it could work. By the time they realize that you guys aren't us, we'll be in the limo."

"Could work," Monica said.

Once the plan was established and put into action, they proceeded. The press was eagerly awaiting the happy couple when two people emerged from the hotel shielded from the thousands of photographers and journalists who were trying to get to them. While the crowd was running after who they thought was the bride and groom, Chandler and Monica, also shielded, made their way to the limousine without being seen. Once in the limousine, they looked at each other and smiled.

"That wasn't so bad," Chandler said.

"Nope. I can't believe we're finally married."

"I know. Now, it's time to party."

"Are we gonna have to go through the same thing when we get to the reception?" Monica asked.

"Probably."

"I thought so."

They looked at each other fondly and kissed. When they broke the kiss, she cuddled up next to him.

"Thank you," she said softly.

"For what?"

"For marrying me, and making it the best day of my life."

He smiled, thinking of what he had planned for the reception. He was excited. He couldn't wait to get there. He loved being spontaneous and surprising Monica, and loved to do it when she least expected it. It made his romantic gestures more special. It gave him pleasure knowing that it would make her happy. Since they'd been together, he's been happy, and wanted to return the favor.

"Thank you for saying yes."

Monica couldn't imagined saying no to him. She wouldn't have been crazy to turn him down. He was everything, perfect in her eyes, regardless of mistakes made along the way. She adored Chandler with all her heart and soul. She expected a few things to go wrong on their special day because she had heart many wedding horror stories, but everything worked out perfectly. She wanted to ask Chandler how he was able to get Kenny Lattimore to sing at their wedding, but she decided not to. Just knowing that he probably went through a lot to get him there, made the event unforgettable. She thought about the events that surrounded the proposal and at that time, she thought that she would lose him. Part of her had given up, and the other half of her, couldn't let him go. He was worth fighting for. They were worth fighting for. All the fighting they had done to stay together paid off.

As the limousine approached the Waldoff Historia, for the reception, the limousine driver announced that there was a mob of reporters and photographers standing outside. He drove around and parked a few blocks from the reception along with the wedding party who followed him. They decided to follow the same plan they came up with at the wedding. Chandler and Monica hurriedly got into the car that the bridesmaids were in, and had Michael and Cassandra get into their limousine.

"How wild is this?" Rachel said.

"I know. This is so cool!" Phoebe said.

Monica smiled and shook her head. She had no idea that their wedding would generate this much press. Minutes later, they were headed back to the Waldoff Historia. Instead of following the limousine that Michael and Cassandra were in, they went another way. They wouldn't be coming through the front entrance. When Michael and Cassandra got out of the limousine, the photographers went wild, but ceased when they noticed that the couple that had just gotten out of the limo, wasn't the bride and groom. They smiled when they saw the disappointment on their faces. Arm and arm, they casually walked into the hotel, enjoying their two seconds of fame.
 
 

NEXT UP........TO LOVE, HONOR, AND CHERISH (THE RECEPTION)