Life After Death
part 3

Follows part 1 & 2.  Read them to understand this part.  This is the last part in my Life After Death trilogy, unless you guys give me ideas on how to continue it.

 

Epilogue

Chandler looked around him.  This place was familiar.  He was at his and Monica’s apartment.  Although it was really only his now, Monica had died.  But so had he.  Chandler saw his body on the bed.  An empty pill bottle was in one hand, a revolver in the other.  There wasn’t much blood.  The bullet had lodged in his brain.

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, Chandler turned around.  She was there.  The most beautiful woman ever to walk the planet.

“Monica.” He said, and fell into her arms.  He felt her hands caressing his back, then they moved to his hair.

While she ran her fingers through Chandler’s hair, Monica murmured words that only they could hear.  “Chandler, my love.  My husband.  Chandler.  I love you so.”

When they broke the hug, Monica took Chandler by the hand, and led him up into the clouds.

*************

Chandler looked around him again.  This place he didn’t know.  Turning to Monica, he looked at her questioningly.

She saw the question in his eyes, and answered it.  “We’re in heaven.  This is what it’s like when you die.  We live…well no we don’t actually live, but we reside here.”

“How long have you resided here?”

“Not long.  Only a couple of hours.  I could never be truly happy without you, and therefore I could not enter heaven.  But when you died, I knew you would be joining me shortly, and so I was truly happy.”

“Before we say anything else, I need to do this.”  With that, Chandler kissed her passionately.

Neither of them had kissed anyone in almost six months, and it felt like years.

When they broke the kiss, they looked into each other’s eyes.  If anyone was watching, they could have seen the love in those eyes.  It was exactly the same look they had shared on their wedding day, exactly five years ago.

Monica had forgotten how much she missed Chandler’s kisses.  But that kiss brought it all back to her.  She moved closer to him and kissed him again.

“How did you know when I died?”  he asked when they broke to breathe.

“I was there.  I have watched you every minute since my death.  You weren’t the only one who needed your spouse.  I needed you, like you needed me.”

“But I couldn’t have you.”

“No.  But I could have you, and that brought great relief to me.  I have stood by your side every day.  When you lived, I was there with you.  When you died, I was there.”

“I’ve missed you so.”

“I know.  I’ve seen you grieving for me and for our daughter.  I wanted to help you.  To ease your pain but I couldn’t.  You were so sad.  You almost always had tears in your eyes, even if they never fell.  You only cried once.  The night I died, you cried.  I saw you.  But then I didn’t know what was happening.”

“I’m glad I’m dead.  My pain and suffering is over.  The heartaches and sorrow.  It’s all gone now that you are with me again.”

“But why did you kill yourself?”

“I had nothing left to live for.  You had died.  Our child had died.  You two were my life.  The others, Phoebe, Joey, Ross, Rachel, they will get on without me.  Just as they got on without you.”

“Yes, they will get on.  But their life will never be the same.”

“Mine would have been nothing.  I could never have been happy again, my life was over the second yours was.”

He kissed her again, then wrapped his arms around her.

“Daddy!”  Their daughter ran to join them.

“Toni.  Oh how I have missed you.”  Chandler picked her up and held her close.

“I missed you daddy.”  Toni informed him.

“I missed you too sweetheart.”

“Are you still sad daddy?”

“No, I’m not sad anymore Toni.  I have you and mommy with me now, I will never be sad again.”

“Yay!  We can be a family again!”  Toni scrambled out of Chandler’s arms, ran to the bed nearby and started jumping on it.

Monica wrapped one arm around her husband, and smiled at him.  He put his arm around her, and they watched their daughter playing.  Then they joined her.

Chandler was in the middle.  Monica was on one side, her head on his chest.  Toni was on the other, his arm around her.  He brought both his arms closer to him, drawing his family closer.  His daughter and his wife.  The most important people in the world.

Arms around each other, they sat, enjoying each other’s company and love as they watched the sun rise over the new day, down in earth.  And it rose over the new life for them, a life with each other.  The life after death.

 

THE END

 

So what did you think?  I know I finished it quickly, but I didn’t want to forget.  And for the person who asked why everyone makes Monica die, I’m writing a new one where Chandler dies OK?  R+R PLEASE!  I want to know what you think of my completed trilogy.  My first ever series, well, kinda.  Email me with comments at sammi_friendsrocks@yahoo.com.au