A New Beginning
By Sammi

[Scene: Ross’ apartment.  He enters, shuffling through his mail]

Ross: Bill, bill, junk, insurance, what’s this? (holds up a pink envelope & puts the rest of the mail down) I wonder who it’s from? (turns it over) Hey it’s sealed with a sticked of two lobsters! (opens the envelope) It’s from Rachel!  I guess I’d better sit down and read it. (sits on the couch and reads the letter) It looks like she wants us to be back together.  (holds the letter to his heart) Oh Rachel.  If only you knew how much I still love you.  And this is the proof of your love that I need. (takes out the photo) I remember this! It was New Year’s Eve.  We were still together.  Joey caught us kissing on camera. We were so in love, and now we can be together again.  I only hope this works.  I don’t want to be caught up in the middle of another relationship when Rachel decided she wants me again.  (smacks his hand to his head) Oh great!  I’m already in a relationship with Zoë!  (glances at the picture again) I guess she wanted me to know how she feels before it becomes too serious.  What am I going to do? (starts pacing around) If I break up with Zoë and go to Rachel, it might happen again and then I’d be left single, again!  But if I stay with Zoë, then I’ll probably loose Rachel forever. (stops pacing) I’ve gotta talk to Rachel about this.  Then maybe I’ll break up with Zoë if we get together. (determined) yeah, I wanna kiss Rach at midnight tomorrow. (exits)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s apartment.  Rachel is watching TV, with Danielle asleep in her arms.  There is a knock at the door {It’s about 4pm}]

Rachel: (O.S.) I wonder who that could be? (she lays Danielle on the couch and gets up) (out loud) Who is it? (opens the door) Ross!

Ross: Hi Rach.

Rachel: Hey. What are you doing here?

Ross: I got your letter.

Rachel: Oh, and?

Ross: Before we do anything else, I wanna do this (kisses her for a long time, then breaks)

Rachel: Wow. I haven’t had a kiss like that since…five or six years ago at the beach.

Ross: Really? (Rachel nods) (getting serious) Now we’ve gotta talk. (looks at the couch) What’s Danielle doing here?

Rachel: She lives here Ross.

Ross: No, what’s she doing in the living room.

Rachel: We were watching TV and she fell asleep.

Ross: At four o’clock in the afternoon?

Rachel: I know, but she had a late night last night.  I figured that she’d better get a good night’s sleep tonight.

Ross: Well how about you put her to bed, then we can talk. (Rachel does so)

Rachel: (sitting down) What are we talking about?

Ross: Well, before we do anything in the way of getting back together, I want to ask you something.  Rach, do you forgive me for sleeping with Chloe?

Rachel: Yes.  It was seven years ago and besides (smiling) we were on a break.

Ross: (grinning) I never though I’d hear you say that. (serious again) But you’re wrong, we weren’t on a break, I cheated on you, I’m sorry.  (Rachel opens her mouth) but before you say anything, even if we were on a break, I still had no right to sleep with another woman. I just want you to know, that I was drunk and we both know what kind of stupid things we do when we’re drunk.

Rachel: (smiling) Yeah, and the proof of that is sleeping in the next room.  I forgive you, for the whole “Chloe” incident Ross.  I never should have invited Mark over.  It’s just that I had no-one else to talk to.  I usually went to you with my problems.

Ross: What about Monica and Phoebe?

Rachel: Monica’s your sister.  And even though she’d my best friend, she’d still probably take your side.  And Phoebe’s just…a bit strange.

Ross: A bit?(they both laugh)

Rachel: I’m sorry about the whole “letter” thing.  I never should have written that stupid thing.  I mean, who was I to force you to take responsibility for the whole break-up?  It took two people to break up our relationship, you and me.

Ross: I have one more question Rach.

Rachel: Shoot.

Ross: Why did you come to London when I was marrying Emily?

Rachel: I wanted to tell you that I loved you.  Pheebs tried to stop me, but she was too pregnant.  Then I saw you and Emily kissing, and I realised that you didn’t love me, you loved her and I couldn’t wreck your life by screwing with your head.  But as it turned out, you stuffed up yourself. (Ross scowls) Oh honey, I was only kidding.

Ross: Yeah, I know.  So do you want to get back together.

Rachel: Yeah. I think we’ve both grown enough to make this relationship work.

Ross: Me too. (they kiss)

Rachel: Do you want to tell the others?

Ross: I think it’d be fun to keep it a secret for a while.  It’ll put less pressure on us, and it’ll be fun.

Rachel: Yeah, Mon told me how much fun it was when she was secretly going out with Chandler.  And we can see if we can beat their record, four months.

Ross: Besides, what happens if we tell them and then we break up.  Danielle will be heartbroken.

Rachel: We won’t break up.

Ross: I know, but let’s keep this a secret anyway.

Rachel: OK (they kiss again) Did you break up with Zoë?

Ross: No not yet.  I’ll do it after our date tonight.  I hope we can still be friends coz she can help us keep our relationship a secret.  No-one will guess we’re going out if they think I’m still going out with Zoë.

Rachel: That’s a good idea.

Ross: I’ve got to go now, but I’ll be back after my date.

Rachel: OK (they kiss again, then Ross leaves)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: a hallway, Ross & Zoë are outside a door, presumably Zoë’s]

Ross: (O.S.) I’ve gotta tell her now. (out loud) Zoë?

Zoë: Yes Ross?

Ross: I (hesitates) I can’t see you anymore. Before you say anything, I just want to say that I think you’re really nice and all, but I can’t hide me feelings anymore.  I’m in love with someone else and I need to stop seeing you before one of us gets hurt.

Zoë: (softly) I hope you will be happy Ross. (kisses him) I really like you, but if you love someone else then I’ve got to let you follow your heart.  Can we still be friends?

Ross: Sure. Thanks for being so understanding Zoë.  It really means a lot to me. (pause) Oh, I was wondering, Rachel-that’s the other girl-and I want to keep our relationship a secret for a while. So could you…

Zoë: You want me to act like I’m still going out with you?

Ross: Yeah

Zoë: Sure.  But just make sure Rachel won’t get jealous of me.

Ross: She won’t, don’t worry.

Zoë: Alright, I’ll do it.

Ross: So, I’ll call you?

Zoë: OK

Ross: Bye Zoë (he leaves)

Zoë: Bye Ross (she enters her apartment)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s apartment.  Rachel is half-asleep on the couch.  Ross enters.  He sees her and sits next to her, rubbing her neck]

Rachel: Ross!

Ross: Yeah Rach?

Rachel: You’re back.  (sits up) So how did the break-up go?

Ross: Great, she understood everything.  She’s even going to help us out with our plan.  She just wanted to make sure that you wouldn’t get jealous of us kissing or something, you know, in front of the others.

Rachel: (smiling) Well, I’ll be jealous, but I won’t show it.

Ross: (also smiling) Good. So what do you want to do? (kisses her neck)

Rachel: How about we watch a video?

Ross: Sure. So where are they kept? (looks around the room) Oh wait a minute, I’ve got a better idea.  (gets photo albums off a shelf) I never got to see the first three years of my daughter’s life.

Rachel: Good idea. (they sit on the couch & Ross opens a photo album)

Ross: Oh gosh, look how cute she was!

Rachel: I know.  When the doctor handed her to me I couldn’t believe that I could produce something so beautiful, with your help if course.

Ross: She looks like you, and you’re beautiful. (kisses her)  You’ve done a really great job with her.

Rachel: Hey, Mon deserves some of the credit.  I didn’t know what to do at first, she helped me through the first couple of months.

Ross: (laughing) Yeah, that sounds like my sister.

Rachel: Oh, look at this picture…Barry & Mindy’s wedding. I looked like Bo Peep! (smiles at him) But you supported me.  You even told the others not to make fun of me…not that it worked, but you tried.

Ross: (also smiling) Yeah (kisses her forehead)

Rachel: look at this picture…1995.

Ross: Oh, do you remember?  You dressed up like Princess Leia, (in disbelief) you don’t remember?

Rachel: Of course I do, you backed away.  Why did you do that anyway?

Ross: Well, I never told you this but you know how you said that you girls always talk about everything going on in your lives.  And you said that guys miss out on so much if they don’t, well I talked to Chandler & Joey.

Rachel: (smiling) first mistake

Ross: (also smiling) Yeah, anyway Chandler told me that sometimes when  he’s fooling around with a girl, his mom pops into his head and doesn’t go away.  And so that night when you did the dressing up, I saw my mom instead of you, and it just really freaked me out.

Rachel: And that’s why you had that really weird look on your face. (softly) Well y’know, maybe I could do it again.

Ross: (kisses her cheek) and this time I won’t talk to Chandler any time before.

(they laugh & kiss.  Finally Found by the Honeyz starts playing as they continue looking at the pictures & talking, we can’t hear them though)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Perk.  Rachel, Danielle & Monica are there]

Rachel:  Mon, can you look after Danielle tonight?

Monica: Sure, but why can’t Ross?

Danielle: Daddy!

Rachel: He’s…going on a date?

Monica: With Zoë?

Rachel: Um, yeah.

Monica: Oh honey, I’m sorry.

Rachel: (looks confused, but then she gets it) Nah, it’s OK.  Pheebs helped me realise that I can’t screw up another one of his relationships just because I want him back.  I’m just gonna let him get on with his life.  If he wants to break up with her, fine, but I won’t do it for him. (looks pleased with herself at her “speech”)

Monica: Wow Rach, you seem really grown up now.

Rachel: Well, I’ve realised that I can’t lust after Ross forever.  I’ve got to get on with my life. (pause) So I’ll drop Danielle at your apartment around 6?

Monica: That’s fine.  Where are you going?

Rachel: I’ve…got a late meeting.  Ralph Lauren wants the whole staff to attend.

Monica: Sounds serious.

Rachel: Yeah, (goes to the bathroom while Monica just stares after her)

Monica: (softly, to herself) What’s with her?

Danielle: Aunty Mon?

Monica: Yes honey?

Danielle: Why momma & daddy aren’t married?

Monica: They’re just not. Why do you ask?

Danielle: Kellie says mommies and daddies have to been married or else they can’t have kids.

Monica: Who’s Kellie?

Danielle: My friend at pweschool. (preschool)

Monica: Well your mommy and daddy used to love each other, but I don’t think they do any more.

Danielle: Why?

Monica: I don’t know honey.  Why don’t you ask your daddy?

Danielle: OK

{I know that at first I had Danielle mis-pronouncing her r’s and now she’s half right and half wrong.  Just make it that she’s learning how to pronounce them properly, Ross’ influence probably}
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: the cinema.  Ross & Rachel are there, holding hands.  Rachel screams, and buries her head in Ross’ shoulder.  He puts his arm around her and kisses her hair]

Rachel: It’s so much fun to watch scary movies when you have a boyfriend.  I don’t know why they call romantic movies date movies.

Ross: Yeah, then you’ve got no reason for cuddling. (hugs her)

Rachel: I love you.

Ross: I love you too (they kiss)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s apartment.  Chandler & Joey are there, watching Baywatch.  Monica enters from the spare room]

Monica: She’s finally asleep.  I don’t understand why she wouldn’t sleep.

Chandler: Maybe she’s coming down with something.

Monica: I hope not,

Joey: So Mon, what’s happening with Ross & Rachel?

Monica: (sitting next to Chandler on the couch) What do you mean?

Joey: They’ve been acting really weird.

Chandler: yeah, and why would Rachel ask us to baby-sit Danielle, why not ask Ross.

Monica: Ross is supposedly going on a date with Zoë.

Chandler: Supposedly?

Monica: Well, when I asked Rach why she did ask Ross, she seems kinda unsure.

Joey: Maybe she’s hiding a secret from us.

Monica: Why would she hide something from me?  I’m her best friend!

Joey: Well, you didn’t exactly tell her about your relationship with Chandler here, from the beginning.

Chandler: What, you think Ross & Rachel might be together again?

Monica: No way, not after all this time. It’s been almost six years since they last went out.

Joey: Still, it’s possible.

Monica: Come to think of it, when I asked Rach where she was going, she totally blew me off.  I was going to ask her about when she came back, but then something Danielle said got me thinking.

Joey: What’d she say?

Monica: She asked me why Ross & Rachel aren’t married.  Apparently her friend from preschool said that parents have to be married otherwise they can’t have kids.

Chandler: Well, technically they were married when she was conceived.

Joey: What’s con-con that word you said?

Chandler: Conceived? (Joey nods) it’s when they had sex.

Joey: Ohhh
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A street somewhere. {BTW this is about a month later}Monica & Chandler are walking with their arms around each other]

Monica: (pointing) Hey is that Zoë?

Chandler: yeah, I think it is.  And that is not Ross.

Monica: What’s she doing out with someone other than my brother?

Chandler: Let’s go and talk to her. (they go over to Zoë and her date)

Monica: Hey Zoë.

Zoë: Hey Monica, hi Chandler.

Chandler: Where’s Ross?

Zoë: (thinking they know about R&R) Oh, we broke up over a month ago.  This is my boyfriend Tony.

Monica: You did?  How come he didn’t tell us?

Zoë: I dunno, but he’s going out with this chick called Rachel now. (seeing their shocked faces, she checks her watch) I’ve gotta go, it was nice seeing you again. (she walks off with her date)

Monica: Bye Zoë. (turns to Chandler) Oh my gosh!  Ross & Rachel are together again!

Chandler: You think it’s our Rachel, Rachel Green?

Monica: Yeah, how many other Rachel’s do you know?  Why didn’t she tell me?

Chandler: They probably wanted to keep it a secret for a while.  You remember how much fun that was.

Monica: (smiling) Oh yeah (they kiss)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s apartment.  Ross & Rachel are there, watching a video and laughing.  Monica & Chandler walk in]

Ross: (looking at Rachel) Didn’t we lock that? (Monica holds up a key)

Chandler: Are you two together?

Rachel: (glancing at Ross) Yeah, how did you know?

Monica: We just talked to Zoë.  She told us.

Ross: She told you? She said she wouldn’t tell anyone!

Monica: We saw her with her new boyfriend, she kinda had to tell us.

Rachel: You can’t tell anyone.  We want to…

Chandler: …keep it a secret, we know.  We did it too you know.

Monica: Yeah, but we beat you.

Ross: No you didn’t.  Not everyone’s found out about us yet.

Monica: Yeah but we went four months without anyone finding out.

Chandler: (quietly, to Monica) Uh honey, no we didn’t.  Joey knew, remember.

Rachel: And I knew for about 6 weeks before Pheebs & Ross found out.

Monica: What!  How did you find out?

Rachel: Well, let’s just say I know one of your nicknames for your hubby here.

(Monica gives Chandler a worried look.  Just as she’s about to say something, there’s a knock at the door)

Rachel: That’ll be Pheebs. (she opens the door to find Phoebe & Danielle)

Phoebe: Hey guys.

Danielle: Momma! (hugs her)  Daddy! (runs to him and he picks her up)

Ross: Hey princess. (to Rachel) I’ll put her to bed. (goes to Danielle’s room)

Phoebe: What were you guys talking about when I got here?

(Monica glances at Rachel who looks at Chandler)

Phoebe: Oh a secret huh?  Well, I know all your secrets.

Chandler: You do?

Phoebe: Yep, I’m psychic you know.  Oh and Rach, I hope you and Ross tell everyone else soon.

Rachel: About what?

Phoebe: Well (looks at Monica & Chandler, whispering) about your relationship with Ross.

Rachel: What!  How come everyone knows?

Ross: (exiting Danielle’s room) Everyone knows what?

Rachel: That we’re going out.  Pheebs knows too.

Ross: How?

Phoebe: I’m psychic.  Oh and the fact that I heard you guys talking about it before I knocked.

(Monica, Chandler, Ross & Rachel look at each other with knowing glances)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: A nice restaurant.  Monica, Chandler, Ross & Rachel are there, eating]

Monica: So who’s looking after Danielle tonight?

Rachel: Carol.

Ross: Carol?  My ex-wife Carol?

Rachel: Yeah, we’ve become really good friends.  She knows what it’s like to be a single mother.

Ross: Single? Carol’s married to Susan remember?

Chandler: Nope.  They got a divorce.  Seems that Susan’s not a lesbian, she’s bi.

Ross: A bi-sexual?  As in she likes women and men?

Monica: Geez Ross keep your voice down.  Yes Susan is a bi-sexual.  So Carol is raising Ben on her own, with our help of course.

Rachel: Carol was the second person I told about my pregnancy.

Ross: Who was the first?

Monica: Yours truly. (pointing to herself) I went with Rach to get it confirmed.

Rachel: Yeah and Carol helped me out a lot during my pregnancy.  She knew what I was going through, and even though you were a huge help Mon, you haven’t been through it, so you don’t know.

Ross: What about Pheebs?  She’s been pregnant.  She gave birth to her brother’s triplets.

Chandler: Yeah, but at that time Pheebs was in a serious relationship with this guy.  She was either with him, or with the triplets.  It was like she forgot all about us.

Monica: But when he broke up with her, she came back.  She was devastated and Rach & I had a really hard time comforting her.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s apartment.  Joey and Chandler are there]

Joey: (looking out of the window) Oh my god!  (Chandler rushes over to him) Ross & Rachel are back together!

Chandler: (overacting) No I don’t think so!

Joey: They sure look like it! Wait a minute! (turning towards Chandler) You know about them don’t you!  You do!

Chandler: Alright, alright, I do.  But they don’t want us to tell Danielle coz she’ll be heartbroken if they break up again.  Believe me, I know how hard it is when your parents hate each other.

Joey: Do you think I should tell them I know?

Chandler: Nah, they’re trying to break the record Mon & I set at the beginning of our relationship.  So far they’ve been going out 7 weeks without everyone knowing.  They’ve gotta last more than 4 months before they break our record.

Joey: (doubtful) And you want someone to beat Mon?

Chandler: Ye… (thinks) on second thoughts, tell them ASAP.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Perk.  Everyone is there bar Ross & Danielle]

Rachel: So now everyone knows, except Danielle.

Chandler: Do your parents know?

Rachel: No, and my mom doesn’t even know I’m a mother.  I had a huge fight with her three years ago, remember.  She sold the story of my relationship with Ross to Jerry Springer.

Joey: She did? How come I never saw it on TV?

Rachel: It never aired, coz neither of us were available for comment.

Monica: Has Ross told our parents yet?  I’m sure my mom will be delighted that she’s got another grandchild.

Rachel: No, and we’re not going to tell them for a while, not until we’re a bit more sure of our situation as a couple.

Phoebe: Do your parents know? (everyone stares at her) Oh, we already asked that question.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Ross’ apartment.  Rachel is there, reading a book.  There is a knock at the door.  Rachel opens it]

Rachel: What the hell are you doing here?

(We now see that it is Emily.  Yes the Emily who Ross married and divorced)

Emily: I came to see Ross.  Is he here?

Rachel: No, he’s not.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s.  Monica and Danielle are there, watching TV.  The show finishes and Monica turns off the TV]

Monica: Lunchtime Danielle. What you like to eat?

Danielle: Hotdogs!

Monica: OK, hotdogs it is.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Ross’ apartment.  Emily and Rachel are there, standing by the doorway CFE]

{CFE means continued from earlier}

Emily: Oh, then what are you doing here?

Rachel: Do I need a reason to be in my boyfriend’s apartment?

Emily: Are you two together?

Rachel: (dryly) Apparently.

Emily: Why do you hate me so much?  If anything I should be the one who hates you.  You ruined my marriage.  Ross picked you over me, and I was his wife!

Rachel: (calm) Yeah, well Ross figured that if you couldn’t accept his friends, then you couldn’t accept him.  And I am his best friend.  I nearly always have been.  Just like Monica and Chandler are best friends.

Emily: (fighting to stay calm) Why did you come to London anyway?

Rachel: I wanted to tell Ross I still loved him.  But then I saw you two together and I realised how much he really loved you.  So I couldn’t screw with his head.   But as it turned up, he screwed up on his own.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Perk, everyone is there bar Ross & Rachel.  They walk in arguing.  Rachel’s hair and clothes are dishevelled, she has a bleeding nose and a black eye.]

Monica: Oh my god Rachel! (the gang all turn to look at Rachel)

Phoebe: What happened?

Ross: Rachel got into a cat fight with Emily!

All: What?/Why?

Rachel: She came over to Ross’ apartment where I was waiting for him.  Ross wasn’t there so Emily said she’d wait ‘til he got home.  I was really scared she was gonna say something that would take Ross away from me.  Anyway, she said something to insult me and I threw something at her.  She punched me and the next thing I knew, we were rolling around on the floor.

Joey: Ni-ice

Ross: Then I came home and found the two of them trying to scratch each other’s eyes out.  So I pulled them apart and sent Emily away.

Chandler: Where’s Danielle?

Rachel: At the Aquarium with Carol, Susan and Ben.

Phoebe: Rach, let’s go upstairs and get you cleaned up OK.

Monica: Yeah come on Rach. (they exit)

Joey: Go Ross, you’ve got two women fighting over you!

Ross: Which is not good.

Chandler: Why not?

Ross: Because if Rach doesn’t trust me enough to know that I’ll never fall for Emily again, then we’ve got a problem.  I trust Rach enough to know that she won’t fall for anyone while I’m around, so why can’t she trust me?

Joey: You’ve gotta talk to her about this man, remember communication is the key to a good relationship.

(Chandler & Ross look at each other like “this is Joey talking?”)

Chandler: Alright who are you and what have you done with our friend?

(Joey looks confused)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s apartment.  Rachel is sitting on the couch, holding a bag of frozen peas to her eye.  Phoebe & Monica are sitting on either side of her.  Rachel has changed her clothes and her nose has stopped bleeding, but her hair still looks dishevelled]

Monica: (seeing Ross) Hey Ross.

Ross: Hey Mon, hey Pheebs. Guys, could you leave us alone for a while?

Monica: Sure, Pheebs wanna go to the coffee house?

Phoebe: But we just got…(sees Monica’s look) alright. (they exit)

Rachel: Hi honey.

Ross: Rach, I think we need to talk. (seeing Rachel’s worried face) I’m not breaking up with you, no way.  (she looks relieved) But we still need to talk. (taking her hand and sitting on the couch)  Rachel, do you trust me?

Rachel: What?  Of course I do.

Ross: Then why did you get into a fight with Emily.  I’ll never fall for her again, not after what she did to me.  You should know that.  Nothing can take me away from you Rach, not this time.  I love you, and I always have.  It’s just taken me a while to realise that.

Rachel: Ross I trust you, I just don’t trust your heart. (he looks confused) You were with Emily for six weeks, and ready to marry her.  Carol you proposed to in less than a year.  We were together for a year and you never even thought about proposing to me.  You obviously loved them a lot more than you ever loved me.

Ross: Rach from our two-month anniversary I carried an engagement ring around with me.  I knew that I was ready to marry you, but I knew I couldn’t stand it if you said no.  So then, finally I was ready to propose on our anniversary. But instead…

Rachel: (cutting in) …we broke up. Oh my god Ross I never realised that.  I’m so sorry.

Ross: It’s alright Rach.  I’m with you now and that’s all that matters.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Danielle’s bedroom.  Ross is reading Danielle a story while Rachel strokes her hair]

Ross: ...the prince kissed Snow White and a piece of apple fell from her mouth...

(looks at Danielle, she’s asleep)

Rachel: That took a while, she’d usually asleep at the poisoned apple part.

(Ross covers her with the blanket and kisses her cheek.  Rachel does the same and they exit)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s bedroom.  Ross & Rachel are lying in bed, they’re dressed though.  They’re facing each other and talking]

Rachel: So are you glad everyone knows now?

Ross: Yeah, it’s so much easier than trying to find excuses for them looking after Danielle.

Rachel: Besides, that means that you can sleep here, and not worry about anyone finding out. (she kisses him)

Ross: What about Danielle?

Rachel: She never comes in without knocking.  That’s one thing Mon taught her well. (they both laugh)

Ross: So when do you think Mon will get pregnant?

Rachel: I dunno.  But she told me she’d thrown away her contraceptive pills.

Ross: So it shouldn’t be long now hey?

Rachel: Mmm (sighs) I miss having a baby around. (quickly) But then again, I love having Danielle at an age where I don’t have to do everything for her.  And there are no diapers or sleep-less nights or anything.

Ross: I know what you mean.  When Ben was born, I couldn’t wait for him to grow up, but now I wish he was still little.

Rachel: At least Danielle has someone relatively little to play with her. (thinks) Then again, Joey isn’t all that much older than her, mentally anyway.

(they laugh, then kiss.  It gets more passionate and Rachel rolls on top of Ross.  She takes off his t-shirt and kisses his neck.  He gets her face and kisses her lips.  As things heat up, we fade out…)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s apartment.  Everyone is there]

Joey: So what’s everyone doing tonight?

Monica: We’re going to dinner with Chandler’s mom.

Phoebe: I’ve got a date.

Rachel: Really, who with?

Phoebe: This guy named Nick.  Well, Nicholas actually.  He’s so cute and sweet!

Chandler: (sarcastically) Is he a saint? (Monica elbows him) Ow!

Phoebe: (giving him a weird look) No, he’s an architect.  We’re going to ???????? (checks her watch) Oh I’ve gotta go.  I’m meeting Nick at Central Perk in an hour. Bye guys.

All: Bye Pheebs (she exits)

Joey: Danielle, what are you doing tonight?

Danielle: Momma and Daddy are taking me to the movies.  We’re gonna see Dinosaur II

{the new Disney movie is called Dinosaur.  I figured that there’ll probably be a sequel}

Joey: Cool, can I come?

Danielle: Daddy?

Ross: Sure Joe.

Danielle: Yay!  Daddy can Ben come too?

Ross: No honey, he’s got baseball practice. (Danielle pouts)

Danielle: Joey, will you play with me?

Joey: Sure, what do you want to play?

Danielle: Fooseball!

Joey: Alright! (they walk towards the door, hand-in-hand)

Monica: Joey, you better watch it, I taught her how to play!

(Joey has a worried face as they exit)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Perk.  Everyone bar Phoebe is there.  She enters with Nick {??????}]

Phoebe: Hey guys!

All: Hey Pheebs/Hi/How are you?

Phoebe: Guys, I want you to meet Nick. (to Nick)  Nick, these are my friends (pointing to each person) Joey, Monica, Chandler, Ross and Rachel.

Nick: (Australian accent) Hello everyone.

(Danielle clears her throat loudly)

Phoebe: Oh sorry honey. Nick, this is Danielle, Ross and Rachel’s daughter.

Danielle: Hi Nick.

Nick: Hey Danielle. (kneels in front of her) How old are you?

Danielle: I’m three (holding up three fingers)

Nick: Three!  Well, you’re almost grown up! (Danielle grins)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Ross’ apartment.  Ross is there, typing on a laptop.  There is a knock at the door.  When Ross opens it, we see a girl (Katie Holmes)]

Ross: Hey Brooke.

Brooke: Hi Ross (they hug)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: A street.  Rachel is walking along, eating a pretzel.  She stops when she sees Ross & Brooke at a café, talking and laughing.  Neither of them see Rachel.  Brooke lays her head on Ross’ shoulder.  The camera focuses on Rachel’s shocked face and fades out]