Home is Where the Heart is
By Sammi

Okay, I got the idea and inspiration for this fan fic while I was reading Tina's fan fic series (if you're reading this, you know I love themJ).  It’s mainly about Ross & Rachel, but with some bits about Chandler, Monica and the others too. Hope you like it!

 

[Scene: Airport.  Monica and Rachel are waiting for someone.]

Ross: (O.S.) My life has always had lots of ups and downs, most of them caused by women I love. And, I ran away from it all; the memories, the pain, even myself. I left things undone, thinking, hoping they would fix themselves. What I didn't know was that I couldn't run from my heart...

Monica: (looks at her watch) Where is he?

Rachel: Mon, calm down, Ross will be here soon.

Voice: Did I hear someone mention my name?

(The girls turn around and see Ross in front of them.

Rachel: Ross!

(They hug)

Monica: I knew you’d come.

Ross: Well I wasn’t about to miss my baby sister’s wedding. (hugs her)  I can’t believe it.  After all this time, you’re finally marrying Chandler.

Monica: I know, it’s been four years since we started going out.

Ross: Speaking of Chandler, where is he?

Rachel: Babysitting with Joey.

Ross: Babysitting?

(Rachel & Monica exchange a look)

Ross: (O.S.) Three years ago,  I got drunk, and I ended up marrying my ex-girlfriend, the woman I’ve always loved.  Later, I was offered a job in Australia.  I eagerly took it, using any excuse to get away from my past.  But, as they say, there’s no place like home.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s.  Chandler and Joey are watching TV]

Ross: (O.S.) When I lived in New York, I used to be part of a group of 6 people.  There was my little sister Monica, my best friend Chandler, my ex-girlfriend Rachel, as well as our friends Joey and Phoebe.  We used to hang out together in each other’s apartments and at this coffee house.  We were happy then…we were good friends, we got along most of the time and we didn’t have many problems.

Joey: Hey Chandler, do you know where Pheebs is?

Chandler: She said she’d be here before the others got back.

Phoebe: (entering) Hey guys.

Both: Hey

(Monica, Rachel and Ross enter)

All: Hey / Hi / How you doing...

(they hug)

Rachel: Where’s Danielle?

(A little girl is standing in the doorway to Monica & Chandler’s room, holding a teddy bear and rubbing her eyes like she has just woken up.  She look exactly like Jennifer Aniston did when she was that age.)

Danielle: Momma, I wanna go potty.

Joey: Does that answer you question?

Rachel: Come here honey (takes Danielle into the bathroom)

Ross: (looking at Chandler & Joey) Who’s Danielle?

(Chandler & Joey look at each other like “she didn’t tell him?”)

(Rachel comes back out with Danielle in her arms.  She goes over to Ross who is now sitting in a chair)

Rachel: (to Danielle) Say hello to Ross

Danielle: (thumb in her mouth) Hi

Ross: And you are?

Rachel: (puts the girl in Ross’ lap) This is my daughter, Danielle.

Ross: Your daughter?

Rachel: Yep.  Danielle Jayde Green.

Ross: How old is she?

Rachel: Two, almost three.

Ross: Wow.

Rachel: I know,

Ross: So who’s the father?

Rachel: Well (glances at Monica) I don’t exactly know.

Ross: Oh (changing the subject) Well there’s no mistaking the mother, she looks exactly like you Rach.

Rachel: Thanks (takes Danielle off Ross, allowing him to stand up)

Monica: Ross, you must be exhausted.

Ross: Yeah, I’m practically dead on my feet.

Monica: Well do you want to stay here tonight?  You can sleep in the guest room.

Ross: Thanks Mon (exits with his luggage)

Rachel: Mon, could you help me get Danielle ready for bed?

Monica: Sure

(They exit to Monica & Chandler’s room)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s room.  Danielle is lying on the bed, fast asleep.  Rachel & Monica are talking.]

Rachel: Danielle was watching ‘The Land Before Time’ today.  She scolded me for not knowing what kind of dinosaur Sharptooth was.

Monica: Really?

Rachel: Yeah, she informed me that Sharptooth was a “trannysaurus rex”

Monica: (laughing) And this proves that you’ll never need a DNA test.

Rachel: (also laughing) I know, it’s exactly like Ross isn’t it.  Although it’s impossible that Danielle isn’t Ross’ child ‘coz I haven’t slept with anyone since Vegas.  Hell I’ve only had two dates in the last three years.  As soon as the guy learns I have a child, he’s off before I can blink.

Monica: That might also be the fact that you haven’t exactly been looking for a guy to go out with.

Rachel: I know, I know, you want me to stop thinking Ross is still in love with me.

Monica: You’ve gotta tell him sometime Rach.  Preferably sooner than later.

Rachel: (sighing) I want to tell him.  But I’m afraid he’ll want to get back together with me.

Monica: Don’t you want that?

Rachel: Yeah, but I don’t want him to date me ‘coz he wants to spend time with his daughter.  I want him to date me ‘coz he loves me, regardless of whether or not we have a child together.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: a shop that sells wedding dresses etc.  Rachel, Monica & Phoebe are looking around.  Danielle is sleeping in a pram]

Rachel: So Mon, what kind of dress do you want?

Monica: I was thinking about something with off-the-shoulder sleeves and a tight waistline.

Phoebe: (holding up a dress) How about this one?

Rachel: (holding another one) Or this one?

Monica: (looking at another one) I like this one. (pause) Actually, why don’t I try them all on.

(A salesgirl picks up the dresses, and follows Monica into the changing room)

Phoebe: Let’s look at the bridesmaid dresses.

Rachel: OK

(They walk over to a rack of dresses)

TIME LAPSE

Monica: (O.S.) Guys, what do you think?

(Rachel and Phoebe turn around.  Monica is standing there in a beautiful wedding dress)

Phoebe: Wow

Rachel: It’s perfect!

Monica: (to salesgirl) I’ll take it. (to girls) have you guys picked out your dresses?

Rachel: We don’t like anything here.

Monica: How about this one? (holds up a dress)

Rachel: I’ll try it on.

Phoebe: Me too

(Phoebe goes, but Rachel stops when she sees that Danielle has woke up)

Rachel: Mon why don’t you look for a dress for Danielle.  She can help you.

Monica: (picking Danielle up) OK (Rachel goes off) Now Miss Dani, what kind of dress would you like?

Danielle: Dat one (points)

Monica: Well lets try it on.

(Monica gets a couple of dresses, then takes Danielle into a changing room)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Perk, the guys are there on the couch]

Joey: Come on man, you gotta have a bachelor party.

Chandler: No way.  I am not gonna have a hangover on my wedding day.

Ross: He’s right you know
Joey: Then don’t have it the night before.  You’re getting married on a Saturday, right?
Chandler: Right.

Joey: Then let’s have the party on the Thursday night.  That way even if you do get drunk, you will have recovered from the hangover before Saturday.

Ross: Now that’s a good idea.

(The girls enter, Rachel has Danielle in her arms)

Rachel: What’s a good idea?

Danielle: Ross! (runs over to him and he picks her up)

Joey: Chandler’s gonna have his bachelor party on the Thursday night before the wedding.  That way, is he gets drunk, he will have recovered from his hangover before Saturday.

Monica: That’s a great idea! (kisses Chandler & sits on his lap)

Ross: Rach could you get me a cup of coffee.

Rachel: Sure, just mind Danielle for me. (goes to the counter with Phoebe)

Rachel: Pheebs, look at him (they both look at Ross, who’s playing with Danielle)  He’s becoming so attached to her.

Phoebe: And is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Rachel: I don’t know.  It’s good that Ross is spending so much time with his daughter, and I know that Danielle loves having him around.

Phoebe: But?

Rachel: This means that I have to see a lot more of Ross, and I’m afraid of falling in love with him again.

Phoebe: Don’t you want to?

Rachel: Yeah but it’s just…(glances at Danielle & Ross who are laughing) I don’t want Ross to fall in love with Danielle, and then date me ‘coz he wants to be with Danielle.

Phoebe: You want him to fall in love with you again, and then date you ‘coz he wants to be with you.

Rachel: Right.

Phoebe: Then just tell him honey.

Rachel: I can’t.  Not yet.

Phoebe: You’d better tell him soon.

Rachel: (sighing) I know. (turns to look at Ross & Danielle again)

Joey: Wow man, you’re becoming really attached to Danielle.

Ross: Yeah well I’ve forgotten how much I love little kids.  Now that Ben’s 9, all he want to do is watch or play football.

Chandler: And you figure that Danielle will probably never like football.

Ross: Right.

(BTW Rachel has heard all of this)

Rachel: God Pheebs, how do I let him spend enough time with her without making it look like I want to get back together with him?

Phoebe: Just go to places with Danielle, and invite the rest of us along.  I’ll take care of Joey & I think Monica & Chandler will keep each other company. (they both smile)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s apartment; Danielle’s bedroom, Rachel is putting Danielle to bed]

Danielle: Momma?

Rachel: (stroking her hair) Yes honey

Danielle: Who is Woss (Ross)?

Rachel: Ross is…a friend.  Like Phoebe and Joey.

Danielle: But I see Woss more, why?

Rachel: Well…Ross is a special friend, more like Aunty Monica than Phoebe.  He’s my best friend apart from Mon.

Danielle: Why Momma, why?

Rachel: Mummy used to date Ross.  Then we broke up, but we’re still very good friends.

Danielle: Why Phoebe isn’t your best friend?

Rachel: Well in some ways Phoebe is a better friend, but in other ways Ross is.

Danielle: What ways Momma?

Rachel: Let’s talk about this tomorrow OK.  (Danielle nods)  I’ll tell you what, how about I take you to the zoo tomorrow?

Danielle: Yeah!  And Ben too!

Rachel: Well, alright but that means that Ross has to come as well, is that OK?

Danielle: Yep,

Rachel: Good night Danielle

Danielle: Night, night Momma

(Rachel kisses Danielle’s hair and tucks her in, then leaves the room)

Ross: (O.S.) I could see that Rachel was a fabulous mother. I always knew she would be, she was so great with Ben.  There was just one thing puzzling me, why was she so secretive about who Danielle’s father was?  I knew that she knew who it was, and that she had told Monica & Phoebe, I just wanted her to tell me who he was…if it was me.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s apartment, everyone is getting ready to go to the zoo.  Monica and Rachel are packing food; Ben, Joey and Chandler are watching TV while Ross plays with Danielle]

Rachel: Mon, has Pheebs told you why I want you guys to come?

Monica: So that Ross can spend time with Danielle without making it seem like you want to get back together with him.

Rachel: Right

Monica: So I’ll go off with Chandler & Phoebe said she’ll take care of Joey, that leaves you four.

Rachel: Thanks Mon, you know how much this means to me.

(Monica smiles at Rachel)

Ross: Rach, Danielle wants to go potty

Rachel: So take her, the potty’s in the bathroom.

Ross: But…

(Danielle tugs on his hand)

Danielle: Wo-oss

Ross: Alright (takes Danielle to the bathroom)

(Rachel and Monica looks at each other and shake their heads.  Phoebe enters)

Phoebe: Hey guys, I thought we were going to the zoo.

Ben: We are

Phoebe: When?

(Ben shrugs)

Rachel: We’ll go as soon as Ross brings Danielle back from the bathroom.

Chandler: Which might take a while.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Actually a montage. “Everywhere You Go” by Taxiride is playing. A few shots of the gang at the zoo, looking at the elephants; laughing at Joey who fell into the seals’ pool; eating lunch…Joey & Phoebe alone looking at the wild cats; Monica & Chandler, cuddling and looking at the animal nursery; Ross, Ben and Danielle looking at the reptiles, Rachel’s watching at them, she’s smiling; Ross, Rachel, Ben and Danielle watching a crocodile show, the croc opens his mouth really wide and Rachel look scared, Ross puts his arm around her and hugs her, she smiles]
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel's apartment. Ross, Rachel, Danielle, and Ben are coming home. It's around 9:30 and Danielle is fast asleep in Ross’ arms. She has ice-cream all over her face.]

Rachel: OK Ben, why don’t you get ready for bed and I’ll ring your mum to tell her you’re staying the night.

Ben: OK (heads off to the spare room)

(Rachel picks up the phone)

Ross: Rach? Where is Danielle’s bedroom?

Rachel: (pointing) second door on the left, and the bathroom’s one further.

Ross: Thanks (he goes off)

Rachel: (dialling) Carol?  Hi it’s Rachel…I just rang to tell you that Ben would like to stay here the night, I it’s OK with you…yeah we went to the zoo, then we went out for dinner…he’s really tired…OK I’ll tell him…bye. (hangs up) Ben? (Ben sticks his head out of the door) Your mum said you can stay here, but she’ll be here tomorrow morning at 8 to take you to your baseball game.

Ben: OK (goes back into his room)

(Ross comes out of Danielle’s room just as Rachel sits down on the couch)

Rachel: Thanks Ross, I’d forgotten how tiring taking kids out for the day is. (looks really exhausted)

Ross: Would you like me to give you a massage? (starts massaging Rachel’s shoulders)

(She closes her eyes while Ross massages)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s apartment.  Monica & Chandler are sitting at the kitchen table going over some lists]

Monica: (ticking things off a list) OK flowers. Check. Church. Check. Catering. Check. Reception hall. Check.

Chandler: Now all we have to do is the invitations. (they both look at a list, presumably of guests)

Monica: Should we invite Janice?

Chandler: I don’t think so?

Monica: OK.  How about your dad?

Chandler: Um, I dunno

Monica: You should invite him.  Even if he has screwed up your life, he’s still your dad.

Chandler: Yeah, you’re right.

Monica: I’m always right.

Chandler: I know, and that’s one of the things I love about you (they kiss)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Park.  Danielle is there with Ross & Joey.  Danielle slides down the slide and Ross catches her.  Rachel and Phoebe are watching from the swings.]

Phoebe: You’re right.  Ross is a fabulous father.

Rachel: Except that he doesn’t know he’s a father.

Phoebe: I thought he knew about Ben (Rachel rolls her eyes) Oh Danielle, right.

(they both look at Ross, Joey & Danielle, playing on the jungle gym)

Rachel: I thought he was gonna ask me about her yesterday.  He came over and wanted to talk to me, but then Danielle interrupted.

Phoebe: And if he did ask, would you have told him?

Rachel: I dunno.  Probably.

(they look at Joey, Ross & Danielle again.  Joey says something to Ross and he walks away)

Rachel: Oh god, don’t let Danielle out of your sight.

Phoebe: I know how bad Joey is with kids Rach, I’ve saw you apartment after he babysat Danielle.  I didn’t know one baby could make such a mess.

(Ross comes up behind the girls and pushes Rachel.  She laughs, then Ross pushes Phoebe.  All laugh)

Ross: I thought you girls might like some entertainment.  You seemed so solemn.

Rachel: In other words, Joey told you to come over and push us.

Ross: Pretty much yeah.

Phoebe: Geez Ross, can’t you think for yourself anymore?  You always seem to be with Joey.

Ross: Yeah, well Chandler’s too busy with the wedding.

Rachel: (offended) What about us? (motioning to her & Phoebe)

Ross: (uncomfortable) Well there are some things that I don’t wanna tell you guys, and I don’t think you’d like to know them either. (Rachel & Phoebe make disgusted faces. Ross sees their looks) No, not that.  Just…girl problems.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Chandler & Monica’s apartment.  Monica and Chandler are sitting at the kitchen table. The others enter, Danielle in Ross’ arms] {from now on, I’m going to add Danielle to the gang}

Monica: Hey guys

All: Hey Mon, hey Chandler.

Phoebe: Still working?

Chandler: Yep, we’ve almost finished, but there are a few people we can’t decide on.

Rachel: (going over to the table) Like who?

Monica: (showing her the list) Well, should we invite Richard?

Joey: Richard? Your ex-boyfriend?  The one you took ages to get over? (Monica nods)

Chandler: Thanks man, that makes me feel a whole lot better.

Monica: Now Chandler, you know I’m over him now.

Chandler: Yeah, I know.  I mean, if you weren’t over him, would you really be marrying me?

(they kiss)

Ross: (going over to the table) Mon, I don’t think you should invite Richard.  Why would you even have him on your list?  I mean, you don’t have any of Chandler’s former girlfriends on the list do you? (Monica & Chandler look at each other)

Monica: Not anymore.  (Ross rolls his eyes) But anyway, Richard is a good friend of our parents’.

Phoebe: What difference does that make?  You don’t like him anymore right? (Monica shakes her head) So don’t invite him.

Chandler: But them we still have people like my mother’s secretary.

Joey: Why would you want to invite her?

Chandler: Well, whenever I call my mum, I get her secretary.  I speak more with Natalie than I do with my own mother!

Rachel: Then I think you should invite her.  Why don’t you guys take a break from that and come down to the coffee house with us?

Monica: Yeah, alright.  We can finish this later.

Rachel: (taking Danielle from Ross) I’ll just put Danielle down for her nap, then I’ll come too.

Ross: Here, let me do it. (puts out his arms)

Rachel: No, it’s alright, I have to talk to her anyway.  I’ll meet you guys downstairs later.

All: OK/Fine with me (exit)

(Rachel takes Danielle into her old room)

Rachel: Danielle did you have fun today?

Danielle: (sleepily) Yeah

Rachel: Would you mind if mummy left you with Chandler tomorrow?

Danielle: Why momma?

Rachel: Mummy has to go somewhere with Auntie Monica.

Danielle: I stay with Woss! (Rachel smiles)

Rachel: Ross has to work honey.

Danielle: Joey!

Rachel: Why don’t you want to stay with Chandler?

Danielle: Joey plays with me.

Rachel: Chandler does too honey.

Danielle: Joey!

Rachel: (sighing) Alright, I’ll ask him. Bye sweetie.

Danielle: Bye bye Momma. (Rachel kisses Danielle’s hair and leaves the room)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Central Perk.  The girls are on the couch talking.  The guys are at the counter.]

Rachel: She actually asked if she could stay with Ross instead of Chandler!

Monica: Why doesn’t she want to stay with Chandler?

Rachel: She reckons Chandler doesn’t play with her.  But still, she loves her dad!

Phoebe: Shh!  Rach, Ross might hear you.

Rachel: Oh, right.

Monica: But it’s great that she wants to spend time with Ross, that means you won’t have to force her.

Rachel: I wouldn’t force her anyway! (Monica gives her a look)   Yeah, I know what you mean.

Phoebe: So who’s gonna look after Danielle for you?

Rachel: She wants Joey. (Monica & Rachel gives her horrified looks) But I’m not gonna let him do it on his own!  I’ll ask Chandler if he can stay with them.

Chandler: (coming over) Stay with who?

Rachel: Danielle, Joey’s babysitting her tomorrow.

Chandler: I thought I was.

Phoebe: Danielle requested that Joey do it instead, but we all know what Joey’s like with kids.  So we were wondering if you could look after them both.

Chandler: (hurt) Sure.  But why does Danielle want Joey to baby-sit, and not me?

Monica: She like the games Joey plays better.  (kisses him)

Chandler: Alright (sits next to Monica, forcing Phoebe to sit on the arm of the couch)

(Ross & Joey come over and sit in the chairs)

Ross: What’s everyone doing Friday night?

Girls: Nothing.

Chandler: Nothing.

Joey: I was gonna go to the Knicks game, but I don’t have tickets.

Ross: Well guess what I’ve got?

All: What?

Ross: (holding them up) Six tickets to The Concert!

Monica: Oh my god!

Rachel: The concert with Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Savage Garden?

Ross: Yep

All: Oh my god!/Thanks Ross/Thanks man (all hug Ross)

Chandler: How did you get them?  It’s sold out isn’t it?

Ross: Yeah but we had this staff raffle at the museum today.  The first prize was these front row tickets.  And I won.

Rachel: Front row? Wow! (hugs Ross again)

Joey: So we get to go, tomorrow night?

Ross: Yup.  And guess what else?

Phoebe: Quit with the guessing game Ross and tell us what it is.

Monica: (looking at the tickets) Oh my god!  We get to go backstage and meet them!

All: Oh my god!/Wow!/This is like so cool!

Chandler: What time?

Ross: Seven-thirty.

Rachel: I’ve gotta ring Caitlin and see if she can baby-sit Danielle. (she dials a number on her cell phone) {BTW we can’t hear Rachel’s conversation}

Ross: Who’s Caitlin?

Chandler: Danielle’s babysitter.  Rach rings her when one of us can’t baby-sit.

Rachel: (hanging up) She said she can come by around seven.  That gives me time to get ready without having to worry about Danielle.

Joey: Since when have you only taken half-an-hour to get ready?

Rachel: (indignant) I can be quick when I want to Joey Tribbiani!

Chandler: Rachel Green, ready in thirty minutes?

Joey/Chandler: I don’t think so!

Rachel: I can, I’m just not usually.

Monica: Rach I think you should let Ross or Chandler look after Danielle until Caitlin arrives.  You can come over to our place about six-thirty and I’ll help you get ready.

Joey: Ni-ice

Girls: Joey!

Rachel: Thanks Mon.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: A dressmaker’s; Phoebe, Monica and Rachel are there.  Monica has her dress on, and a salesgirl is fussing around the waistline.  The three girls are talking.]

Monica: Have you guys chosen your dresses yet?

Phoebe: No, we can’t decide on a style.

Monica: Well you’d better decide soon, the wedding’s in a month.

Salesgirl: I’m all finished Miss.

Monica: Alright, then could you show my friends where the bridesmaid dresses are?

Salesgirl: OK (to Rachel & Phoebe) Right this way (walks away with Rachel & Phoebe following)

TIME LAPSE

(Now Monica is also looking at bridesmaid dresses.  Phoebe & Rachel are annoyed at each other)

Monica: (flustered) Geez you guys, can’t you find anything you like.

Rachel: Sure, but Phoebe doesn’t like it.

Phoebe: Rachel doesn’t like any of the dresses that I like.

Monica: How about this one? (points to a dress {We don’t see it yet})

Rachel: I love the design, but I don’t look good in yellow

Phoebe: I do.

Salesgirl: Excuse me Miss, that style comes in a range of colours.

Monica: Great, now how about you two go look at some of the colours.  And don’t fight. (They wander off).  God, sometimes I think I’m looking after two three-year-olds.

Salesgirl: I know how you feel.  I have twins at home, they’re four.

Monica: Oh, are you married?

Salesgirl: No, my husband died three years ago.

Monica: Oh I’m sorry.  (pause) What’s your name?

Salesgirl: Jenny Little.

Monica: Well, I’m Monica Geller.

Jenny: (shaking hands) Nice to meet you.

Monica: What are you kids’ names?

Jenny: Well there’s Toni, she’s six and the twins Christina and Isabelle.  Oh by the way, do you know where I can find Chandler Bing?  I want to ask him out. (Monica is shocked)

Monica: Yes, I know where you can find him, but I don’t think he’ll go on a date with you.

Jenny: Why not?

Monica: Because he’s getting married.

Jenny: (laughing) Chandler?  Chandler Bing?  I think you must have the wrong person.

Monica: No I’m not and you know why?  He’s marrying me!

Jenny: Oh I’m sorry.

Monica: It’s OK.

(Rachel & Phoebe come back)

Rachel: We’ve decided on a colour.

Phoebe: Lilac.

Monica: Great, well how about you try them on.

Phoebe/Rachel: OK
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s; Phoebe, Chandler & Joey are watching TV in the living room]

Ross: (entering) Hey guys.

All: Hey

Ross: We’d better get going.  Where are Rach & Mon?

Chandler: Do you really need to ask? (points to his & Monica’s bedroom)  They’re still getting ready.

Ross: (knocking on the closed door) Rach!  Mon!  We need to go!

Monica: (O.S.) We’ll be out in a minute!

Ross: So what are we watching?

Phoebe: Reruns of Beavis & Butthead.

(Ross sits down. {BTW everyone is dressed up; the guys are wearing nice pants & shirts.  Phoebe’s wearing a long green dress with flowers all over it.}  Rachel and Monica enter from Chandler & Monica’s bedroom)

Ross/Chandler: (under their breath) Wow

{Rachel is wearing a short, strapless navy dress.  Monica is wearing a pale yellow knee-length dress with spaghetti straps}

Joey: What? (turns) Wow you guys look great.

Rachel/Monica: (blushing) Thanks

Phoebe: Hey, are we going or not?

Monica: Yeah, sure Pheebs, I’ll just get my purse. (walks back into her room)

Ross: (Seeing Chandler & Joey gawking at her) Hey Joey! (hits him) Quit staring at my sister’s butt!

Joey: (rubbing his arm) Chandler was staring too!

Ross: He’s allowed too, he’s her fiancé.

(Monica enters from her room and everyone exits)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: the concert.  Shania Twain is singing “Whatever You Do! Don’t!”  Monica & Chandler are cuddling.  Phoebe, Ross & Joey are talking.  Rachel is a little way away from them, staring at Ross]

Rachel: (V.O.) I wonder if he still loves me.  Or even likes me as more than a friend.  I want him to, so much. But how can I show him?  If I tell him about Danielle, he’ll either be angry at me for not telling him before, or he’ll want to get back together with me to be with Danielle.  I love him so much, even after everything he’s done. I only realised it when he was going to marry Elizabeth. I’ve always loved him, even when he went out with other girls, he’s the only guy I’ve ever really loved. Oh god, help me!
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Believe it or not, it’s already Monica & Chandler’s wedding.  We’re in Monica’s dressing room where Rachel and Phoebe are helping Monica get dressed.  They’re already dressed in these really nice knee-length, halter-necked lilac dress.  Anyway, Monica is freaking out and they’re trying to calm her down]

Rachel: Mon, don’t worry, I’m sure no-one will notice that there’s chicken instead of turkey.  No-one even knew what type of meat you were going to serve, so how will they know if it’s different to what you wanted?

Monica: (calming down) Yeah Rach, you’re right.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Chandler’s dressing room.  He’s fully dressed in a tux, as are Ross & Joey.  They’re sitting around, talking]

Joey: So are you nervous man?

Chandler: No.  And that’s the weird thing. I thought I’d be nervous, you know about all the commitment stuff but I’m not.

Joey: You sure?

Chandler: Yep.  I mean, this is Monica we’re talking about.  I’ve been in love with her ever since 1988.  When I first saw her at thanksgiving after she’d lost all that weight.

Ross: Seriously?  You’ve seriously loved her since then?

Chandler: Yeah.  You of all people should know how that feels.  You’d loved Rachel secretly for 15 years before you guys started going out.

Ross: (depressed) Yeah.
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica’s dressing room]

Phoebe: OK, time to put on the veil, sit down Mon.

(Monica sits down and the other two fix her veil to her head)

Phoebe: I can’t believe it’s finally here!  Are you nervous?

Monica: No, not at all.  I’ve been waiting for this day my whole life!

Rachel: You have not!  What about when you hold your first baby for the first time?

Monica: OK, you win. But kids come after the wedding.

(Monica stands up and puts her shoes on)

Monica: All ready.

Rachel: Then let’s get you to the church!

(Monica, Rachel and Phoebe exit as the scene fades out)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: the church.  It is filled with people.  The camera pans over them and we see Rachel’s parents, Monica & Ross’ mom, Chandler’s mom and Doug, Chandler’s boss.  The camera stops on Chandler, Ross and Joey waiting at the alter with the priest.  Some music starts and (the camera like Chandler’s view) we see Phoebe walking down the aisle, then Rachel.  Then the music changes to the bridal walz and we can see Monica walking down the aisle with her dad.  They reach the front and Jack (Geller) leads Monica to Chandler and sits down next to Judy.  The ceremony starts but we can only hear a song playing softly.  We see a couple of shots of Ross & Joey; Rachel & Phoebe, all looking really happy for Chandler & Monica.]
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: the reception.  We see the bridal table where Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe and Joey are sitting, in that order.  Everyone’s talking and we can’t hear any specific conversations.  Phoebe whispers something to Joey and as he stands up, the noise fades away.]

Joey:  Alright, I have to make a little speech.  Chandler is like a brother to me, and Monica is like a sister. So, it's like my brother and sister got married today. (Looks confused about what he's said.) ... Chandler and Monica have always been there for each other. Of the six of us, they probably always had the best relationship as friends.  Monica has always cheered Chandler up on Thanksgiving by making him mac ‘n' cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches. It makes him forget about how his parents bummed him out when he was nine with their divorce and being gay and stuff. (Chandler looks over, sees the shocked look on his mother's face and slides down in his chair.) And Chandler has always been there for Monica. Like, when she was upset about not having a boyfriend, he cheered her up.  And…(Monica kicks him under the table) What? …when she was stung by a jellyfish he…(Chandler kicks him) What? (Chandler & Monica glare at him) Congratulations Chandler and Monica.

(Everyone claps as Joey sits down)

Ross: (raising his glass) I'd like to propose a toast. To Chandler and Monica, my best-friend and my little sister. I deserve a little credit for where you are today. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be married. You met because you, Chandler, were my college roommate, and you, uh, got together because you were both depressed at my wedding.  I love you guys and I’m really happy for you.  Congratulations.

(everyone raises their glasses, then drinks from them)

DJ: (into a microphone) OK now, we are about to have the first dance so could Chandler and Monica please come onto the dance floor.

(“I Love You” by Celine Dion starts playing and Chandler takes Monica’s hand and they walk to the dance floor.  They wrap their arms around each other, and start to dance)

(Cut to later.  Monica and her dad are dancing next to Chandler and Judy Geller.  Then Chandler & Monica sit down with Ross & Rachel, and leave the parents to dance together)

Rachel: (clearly drunk) Hey guys, ya havin’ fun?

Monica: Oh my god Rachel!

Rachel: What? (looks at her dress) I haven’t spilt anything.

Monica: You’re so drunk. (turns to Ross) Ross, how could you let her get so drunk?

Ross: (also drunk) we’ve had fun.

Chandler: You too?

Ross: Hey guys, when are you going to get married?

Monica: Ross, we are married.  This is the reception.

Rachel: Really?  I thought your parents got married Mon.

Monica: (rolling her eyes) They did.

Rachel: (confused) Then why did you say this was your wedding?

Chandler: It is our wedding Rach.  Mon’s parents got married a long time ago. (spies Phoebe walking past) Pheebs! (she walks over to them) Pheebs, Ross & Rach are hammered.  Could you please make sure they get home alright?

Phoebe: Sure. (Monica opens her mouth) And I’ll look after Danielle tonight. (Monica closes her mouth) I hadn’t forgotten about her.

Monica: (hugging her) Thanks so much Pheebs.

Phoebe: Now go!  Shoo!  It’s your wedding!  You don’t need to look after the tequila twins, I will. (Monica & Chandler shrug, then walk back onto the dance floor) Now Ross, Rach.

Ross: Hi Pheebs!

Rachel: Oh Pheebs, you’re here. (falls off her chair) Do you want to join our party?

Phoebe: Err, no thanks.

Ross: Come on Pheebs, have some fun!

Phoebe: I think you two need to go home now.

Rachel: No!  We’re having a great time!

Phoebe: Alright, but no more alcohol for you.

Ross: Pheebs, could you get me a drink?

Phoebe: Alright. (walks to the bar)

Ross: (to Rachel) Why are you on the floor?

Rachel: Ummm.  I like it on the floor! Wanna join me?

Ross: Sure! (falls off his chair) You’re right, it’s nice on the floor!

(Phoebe comes back with two lemonades)

Phoebe: Guys? (sees them) What are you doing on the floor?

Rachel: We like it on the floor!

Phoebe: (looks at them weirdly) OK.  I got you guys some drinks.

Both: Thanks Pheebs

(Phoebe gives them their drinks, then leaves)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s apartment, Caitlin is there reading a book {Caitlin is Danielle’s babysitter, imagine someone around 15-16}.  Phoebe & Joey are entering, carrying Rachel between them]

Phoebe: Her room’s that way. (they take her into her room.  Caitlin looks after them)

Joey: (entering the living room) Hi.  I take it you’re Caitlin.

Caitlin: Yep, and you are?

Joey: (shaking hands) Joey Tribbiani.  Oh, would you mind helping me out a bit.  You see, I’ve got another drunk in the taxi downstairs and Phoebe is getting Rach ready for bed.  Would you mind helping me carry him upstairs.

Caitlin: Sure (they exit)

(Cut to later; Phoebe, Joey and Caitlin are standing in the living room, looking at Ross, who has passed out on the couch)

Caitlin: So what do we do now?

Phoebe: Let’s leave him here overnight.  It won’t matter.

Caitlin: Alright.  In that case, tell Rachel I’ll call her about my payment.

Phoebe: No, here you go.  (hands her some money) Rach has told me how much she pays you.  I can always get her to pay me back later.

Caitlin: OK well then, bye (exits)

Joey: Let’s go home Pheebs. (they exit)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Monica & Chandler’s honeymoon suite.  Chandler enters, carrying Monica in his arms. He accidentally hits her head in the doorway]

Monica: Ow!

Chandler: Sorry.

Monica: It’s OK.

(they start kissing)

Monica: (breaking) Do you think Ross & Rachel got home alright?  Do you think we should call them?

Chandler: Mon, it’s 4:30am back in New York.  Besides, it’s our wedding night, do you really want to waste it by calling home?

Monica: You’re right, come here

(they start kissing again, and Chandler pulls Monica down onto the bed on top of him)
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s apartment, the next morning.  There is nobody there and we can hear Monica’s voice on the answering machine]

Monica: (on machine) Hi Rach, it’s me, Mon.  I know it’s only 8 am, your time, and you’re probably not up yet, but I just wanted to call and see if you got home alright last night.  You and Ross were really really drunk.  I just hope you didn’t do anything stupid…
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Scene: Rachel’s bedroom.  She is waking up]

Rachel: (rubs her head) Ohhhh my head. (looks to the other side of the bed and sees…Ross!)