TO After the Wedding
by: Eileen


Here's another. I hope you like it. I think it's OK. -- Eileen Woods.

(Scene: The head table at Monica and Chandler's wedding reception. The whole gang is sitting there. From left to right, Mrs. Bing, Ross, Joey, Chandler, Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Jack and Judy Geller, Ben.)

Ross: (Standing up and banging a fork on a champagne glass) Your attention, please. I'd like to propose a toast. To Chandler and Monica, my best-friend and my little sister. I deserve a little credit for where you are today. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be married. You met because you were my college roommate, and you, uh, got together because you were both depressed at my wedding, uh, my second one. (Whining) Just because my love life has been a dung heap ... (Realizes everyone one in the room is staring at him— other than Joey, who is blowing bubbles with the straw in his soda) Well, I love you guys. Congratulations.

Joey: (Standing up) My turn. Chandler is like a brother to me, and Monica is like a sister, a really HOT sister. So, it's like my brother and sister got married today. (Looks confused about what he's said.) ... Chandler and Monica have always been there for each other. Monica has always cheered Chandler up on Thanksgiving by making him mac ‘n' cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches. It makes him forget about how his parents bummed him out when he was nine with their divorce and being gay and stuff. (Chandler looks over, sees the shocked look on his mother's face and slides down in his chair.) And Chandler has always been there for Monica. Like, when she got stung by that jellyfish at the beach, he ... (Chandler punches him in the leg.) Ahh! What are you hitting me for? (Chandler gives him a will-you-shut up look.) Let's just say Chandler RELIEVED her pain. (Monica reaches over and pinches him). Ahh! (Pissed.) Congratulations Chandler and Monica.

Opening Credits

(Scene: The reception still)

Emcee: Let's have a round of applause for Mr. and Mrs. Bing as they come to the  floor for their first dance. Survivor's "The Search is Over" plays:

"How can I convince you what you see is real
Who am I to blame you for doubting what you feel
I was always reachin', you were just a girl I knew
I took for granted the friend I have in you

I was living for a dream, loving for a moment
Taking on the world, that was just my style
Now I look into your eyes, I can see forever
The search is over, you were with me all the while

Can we last forever, will we fall apart
At times it's so confusing, the questions of the heart
You followed me through changes, and patiently you'd wait
Till I came to my senses, through some miracle of fate

I was living for a dream, loving for a moment
Taking on the world, that was just my style
Now I look into your eyes, I can see forever
The search is over, you were with me all the while

Now the miles stretch out behind me, loves that I have lost
Broken hearts lie victims of the game
Then good luck, it finally stuck like lightning from the blue
Every highway's leading me back to you
Now at last I hold you, now all is said and done
The search has come full circle, our destinies are one
So if you ever loved me, show me that you give a damn
You'll know for certain the man I really am
I was living for a dream, loving for a moment
Taking on the world, that was just my style
When I touched your hand, I could hear you whisper
The search is over, love was right before my eyes."
(While the music is playing, Phoebe and Joey are sitting at a table, drinking champagne and picking at dinner rolls. Ross and Rachel are staring at each other, whispering.)

Joey: (Whiny, looking out at the dance floor) Will you look at them? Look how happy they are.

All: Yeah.

Ross: We have some news. Rachel and I are moving in together.

Joey and Phoebe: (Half-heartedly) Wow. Congratulations.

Ross: (To Rachel) Want to dance? (She nods and they head for the dance floor.)

Rachel: When we move in together, you're gonna take that ugly giant bug decoration off the wall, right?

Joey: Everyone has someone but us.

Phoebe: Now Rachel will go off with Ross, they'll get married and we'll be Aunt Phoebe and Uncle Joey, the "don't have someone so we're stuck baby sitting while they go play bridge" people.

Joey: They don't play bridge.

Phoebe: Well, I'm not giving up yet. Come on. Dance with me. (She drags Joey, roll in hand, away from the table and onto the dance floor.)

(Move to Chandler and Monica on the dance floor. Mr. Geller taps Chandler on the shoulder.)

Jack: May I cut in?

Chandler: I'll go check on our plane reservations.

Jack: (To Monica) You look so beautiful today. (Kisses her on the cheek.) I've been waiting for this day for 30 years. When you were born, I didn't know quite what to do with you. With Ross, well, he was a boy; we could always play catch. You were so tiny, you know, before you got really fat, and I was scared
to hold you. I was thinking, what do I say to her? What do I do with a little girl? Then, I thought, no matter what happens, how we get along, I'll walk her down the aisle some day.

(The song ends. Monica and her father hug. Chandler walks over.)

Chandler: Well, the airport's fogged in and our flight's canceled. I got us a flight out of JFK, but it's not until 11 a.m. tomorrow.

Monica: Well, there goes my wedding-night-sex-on-the-beach plans.

Chandler: Yeah, tonight's it's sex in your apartment — the same old place.

Jack: Ahem.

Chandler: (Nervous, grabs Monica's hand) Hey, aren't we supposed to cut the cake now? (They hurry off.)

(Scene: At a table. Monica and Chandler are sitting there talking, holding hands. Ross and Rachel approach.)

Ross: We're taking off. Hey, aren't YOU supposed to be taking off soon?

Monica: (Obviously bummed out) Our flight was canceled. We can't leave until tomorrow.

Rachel: I'm sorry, honey. I'll stay at Ross' tonight, so you'll at least have the apartment to yourself.

Chandler: Thanks.

(The all exchange hugs and goodbyes. Ross and Rachel walk off. Rachel stops suddenly, rubs her hands together.)

Rachel: Ooooo! I have the greatest idea. I'm so good sometimes I scare myself.

Ross: And everyone else.

(Rachel just looks at him then hurries off. Ross follows.)

(Scene: Outside Monica's — and now Chandler's — apartment. Monica reaches to open the door.)

Chandler: Hey, wait a minute. How soon they forget.

(He sweeps her up into his arms and carries her over the threshold. The whole room is filled with the flowers from their wedding and reception. There are candles burning all over the place. Romantic music is playing.)

Monica: Oh, my God!! This is so beautiful. Did you do this?

Chandler: No, I didn't, but can I be rewarded for it anyway? (Grabs her, kisses her passionately and carries her over to the couch. It escalates from there. The phone rings. Monica reaches for it.)

Chandler: Noooo. Don't answer it. (He keeps kissing her.)

Ross' voice over the answering machine: CLOSE THE DRAPES, MAN, CLOSE THE DRAPES!!!

(Embarrassed, Chandler stands up to close the drapes.)

(Teaser scene: Monica and Chandler's apartment. It's morning. Chandler emerges from their bedroom in a robe and starts rummaging through the refrigerator.)

Chandler: Mon, do we have any juice?

Monica: (From the bedroom) I didn't buy any because I thought we were going to be in Jamaica.

Chandler: I'll see if there's any next door.

(He goes across the hall, opens the door and grabs some orange juice out of the refrigerator. He turns
around and sees ... Joey and Phoebe naked making out in the hot tub. You can't see anything because there
are bubbles, OK?)

Chandler: AHHHH!

(He drops the juice and runs across the hall)

The End