THE CUTEST COUPLE!
BY CREASSYA


This takes place after So Close. Chandler and Monica are now in a relationship and the gang is happy for them. The morning after they kissed on the deck, Monica came into Chandler and Ross's room. Ross and the rest of the gang had gone out with Joey's sister, leaving the two of them in the house alone. They were in Chandler's bed making out and was about to go further, until Chandler stopped himself. He remembered Monica mentioning to him one day that she was a virgin. He told her that he didn't want her first time to be in a house full of people. He wanted it to be special, with just the two of them. Monica now has even more respect for him which draws them even closer to one another.
 

Chandler walked into the girls room quietly. Phoebe and Rachel were in the kitchen eating breakfast. He didn't see Monica in bed, so he figured that she was in the bathroom. He sat on her bed and waited for her to come out. Five minutes later, she came out of the bathroom in her bra and panties. When she saw him she froze.

"Oh my God!"

"I'm sorry, I thought you'd be dressed already." Chandler said.

"I was just about to."

Monica stood there looking embarrassed and Chandler noticed. He got up off the bed and walked over to her. He put his hands to her waist and kissed her.

"You okay now?" He asked breaking the kiss.

"Yeah, a little." She said grinning.

"If it'll make you feel better, I come back in after you get dressed."

"This is stupid. I shouldn't be like this. I mean we almost.....

"It's no problem."

"You can stay. It's not like I'm completely naked."

Chandler smiled and went back over to the bed. She went over to the closet to get her clothes. He tried not to look, but he couldn't help himself. It only took her a few seconds to slip on her clothes. When she was done, he took her by the hand and they left the room. They walked to the kitchen holding hands and they all noticed.

"Aren't you two just the cutest!" Mary Therese said smiling.

Monica blushed at the comment. Chandler pulled out a chair for her to sit in and he sat next to her. They all looked at them smiling.

"What?" Chandler asked.

"You guys are so cute." Joey said.

Ross liked them together. He liked Chandler ever since Monica was involved with John. He had always looked out for her best interest and Ross appreciated that about Chandler. He knew that Chandler truly cared for her.

"So, what are we all doing today?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah, what are we doing?" Joey repeated.

"It's still early. We'll figure something out." Phoebe said.

When they finished eating breakfast, Chandler and Monica went outside on the deck. Phoebe, Rachel, Joey, and Ross went to play tennis. Monica enjoyed the time alone with Chandler. It gave them a chance to talk and cuddle up under each other without everybody making such a big deal about them being together, even though it was. Chandler was no longer the popular guy who she admired from a far. He was her bestfriend and soul mate.

Later that night, while Chandler was out with the guys, and Phoebe and Rachel were hanging out with Mary Therese, Monica sat in the room she shared with Phoebe and Rachel, and decided to write some of her thoughts in her diary.

I'm sitting here alone, reflecting on all that's happened since I've been here in California. Chandler and I have gotten really close and have decided to become a couple. I don't know where the road leads us, but I definitely seen him well into my future. Even though we just got together, I think about how long it will be before Chandler starts to freak out about being in a serious relationship. I'm trying hard not to focus on that, but it's extremely difficult. He's really the sweetest guy I've ever met, but he has issues, like most people do, and I'm afraid that he'll eventually push me aside. I know that I should voice my concerns about our relationship, but I don't know where to start. Should I just come right out and say it? Or should I just keep it to myself?

I think it's really important to keep the lines of communication open, but at the same time, I don't want to seem like I'm accusing him or insulting him. I don't have much experience with relationships, and Chandler's not very good at them. I'm wondering if we'll make it. For the most part, we get along really well and we enjoy each other's company. I should just think about that right now instead of focusing on the negative things. I should focus on how good I feel when I'm with him, how I get butterflies in my stomach when he enters the room, the way he looks at me, how when he kisses me, it feels as if we're the only two people on the planet. If I keep focusing on the negative things, our relationship won't have much of a chance. I won't pretend that they're not there, but I just won't make the negative things overshadow what Chandler and I have.

The first night we were here, we kissed out on the deck. What really surprised me more than anything else, was when he told me that he loved me. He totally caught me off guard. I'll never forget the look in his eyes when he uttered those three words to me. The feeling was indescribable. When our lips touched again, it felt as if I had been lifted high about the clouds. I guess that's what they mean when they say, I was on cloud nine. I felt so weak at the time that it felt as if I was going to faint. It would probably surprise Chandler if he knew what kind of effect he has on me. Joey and Ross were surprised when he suggested that they hang out, just the guys. They thought that they would have to pry him away from me.

We assured them that our relationship won't be that way. Of course we'll spend time alone together, but we'll also make time for our friends. I'm just glad they're happy for us. It gets really awkward when you're dating someone your friends don't like. I could tell that they didn't like John, and with good reason. I know I was wrong, but I though that by going out with John, I'd soon forget about my crush on Chandler. How dumb was I? I guess we were just using each other. I think about that time and now I know that it was inevitable that Chandler and I would end up together. We had already kissed a few times before we got here. Our attraction towards each other was pulling closer to toward one another, and you can't fight your feelings for too long. So far, it's turning out to be a great summer!

Monica

She put her diary away and leaned back against the bed post with a smile on her face. She was content just thinking about Chandler. After a while, she had drifted off to sleep. She didn't know how long she was asleep, but she was awaken with a soft kiss. She slowly opened her eyes knowing that those familiar lips belong to Chandler.

"Hi."

"Did I wake you?" Chandler asked grinning.

"No, I was just resting my eyes." She said sarcastically.

"Good."

"Did you guys have fun?"

"Yeah, we did. I hope you don't feel deserted."

"Of course not."

"I missed you though." He said in a sexy tone.

"I missed you too." Monica said touching his face.

Chandler leaned in and kissed her. Seconds later, Joey and Ross walked in.

"Should we leave you two alone to y'know?" Joey said.

"Of course not!" Ross said.

"Lighten up man, it was a joke."

"Yeah, and not a very good one." Ross said.

"Did you guys have fun?" Monica asked.

"Totally. I would move here just for the girls alone." Joey said.

"Of course you would." Monica said.

"Hey! What's that's supposed to mean?"

"Nothing Joey." Monica said grinning.

"We're going downstairs to shoot pool. You coming Chandler?" Ross asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here and spend some time with Monica."

"Okay."

When they left, Chandler leaned in to finish the kiss they'd started minutes earlier before Joey and Ross walked in. When they started really getting into the kiss, Phoebe and Rachel walked in.

"Heavy lip action in here." Phoebe teased.

"Should we come back another time?" Rachel asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, we're leaving." Monica said grabbing Chandler's hand.

"Okay." Phoebe said.

"I'll be back." Monica said.

Chandler rested his back against the bed post. Monica was between his legs with her back to him. When she was comfortable, Chandler wrapped his arms around her. She closed her eyes contentedly enjoying the feel of being in his arms. She was beginning to relax around him more. When she first realized that she was falling in love with him, she felt uncomfortable in his presence. She still got butterflies in her stomach when he walked into a room, but she wasn't as nervous around him now.

"This is more like it." Chandler said lacing his fingers through hers.

"I hope that we don't get interrupted any time soon."

"Hey Mon, where do you see this going?"

"I don't know, why?"

"Well, you know that my relationships don't last that long, and I was wondering if you were wondering if this relationship will last."

"Well, honestly, I am a little worried."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't wanna hurt your feelings or anything."

"It's okay. You can tell me stuff like that."

"I wasn't sure."

"Do you think that we'll end up like the rest of my relationships?"

"No. Actually, I see you way into my future."

She was answering the questions honestly, but the conversation was making her uncomfortable. She was crazy about Chandler and she wanted him to know it, but she didn't know how to express it to him.

"You do?"

"Yeah."

"Mon, I want you here for a while. I don't want you to go anywhere. I know I usually do the breaking up, but I still wanted those girls to be there, not to give up on me." He said sadly.

"You wanted someone who would understand you." Monica said turning around to face him.

"Yeah. I know I had a funny way of showing it, but I'm not good at expressing myself."

"You do a good job with me."

"That's because you're so easy to talk to."

"So are you."

"I just never thought that you would look twice at someone like me."

"What? Are you kidding me?"

"Seriously."

"Why?"

"Well, because of my track record with girls."

"Oh."

"You never brought it up, but I just assumed that it was on your mind."

"Well, it wasn't at first, but now it is. I wasn't sure if I should bring it up or not."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I guess I just didn't want to offend you or hurt your feelings."

"Mon, you can tell me anything."

"I know that now."

Chandler touched Monica's face as she looked into his eyes. Everyone knew about the trouble he had with commitment. He was sure that he wouldn't have a chance with Monica, but he had to try. She was the only girl who really understood him. She was the kind of person that he needed and wanted in his life. He knew that he had a tendency of pushing people who got too close out of his life, but he promised himself that he wouldn't do that with Monica, no matter how difficult things become.

"Can you promise something?" He asked.

"Yeah, anything."

"Will you always be here for me?"

"Of course I will."

"I can be a little difficult sometimes."

"Chandler, I know." Monica said smiling.

"And you still wanna be here?"

"Without a doubt." She answered sincerely.

Chandler gave her a soft peck on the lips, which quickly turned into a passionate kiss. They spent hours in his room talking and making out. They had almost forgotten that Chandler shared the room with Ross. While they were kissing and making out, Chandler wished that they were back home in his room, where there were no interruptions. When Joey and Ross walked in the room, Monica was sitting between Chandler's legs with her back to him. He had his arms wrapped around her with the back of her head resting against his chest.

"Hey guys." Joey said.

"Hey. So, what are we doing tomorrow?" Chandler asked.

"All of us?" Joey asked.

"The girls are going shopping, so it'll be just us."

"I don't know. We'll find something to do." Ross said.

Chandler took his arms from around Monica and laced his fingers through hers. Joey noticed and smiled.

"You guys still need to be alone?"

"They've had enough alone time." Ross said.

"You don't have to worry about us Ross." Chandler said.

"What are talking about?"

"He means that we're not having sex, so chill out." Monica said.

"You haven't!" Joey asked.

"No, we haven't." Chandler answered.

"Why not?"

"Joey!" Monica and Ross yelled.

"It's just not the place."

"And if it was the place?" Ross asked.

"I don't think that's any of your business Ross." Monica said.

"Ross, relax."

"You're right. I trust you Chandler."

"Thanks."

Later that night, Chandler woke up thirsty. He slowly climbed out of bed and walked to the kitchen. When he walked in the kitchen, he saw Monica standing there drinking a glass of water. When they saw each other, they smiled.

"Looks like we had the same idea." Chandler said coming closer to her.

"Looks that way."

Monica put her glass on the counter when Chandler put his hands to her waist. She put her hands to his face and he leaned in and kissed her. Monica often found herself lost at the feel of his lips and the touch of his hands. While she was leaned up against the counter kissing Chandler, she secretly wished that he would pick her up and sit her in front of him. At the thought, she broke the kiss and blushed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking about something."

"Like what?"

"You don't wanna know."

"Come on." He said softly.

"I was just thinking about you sitting me on the counter."

"And?" He asked grinning.

"And....you know."

"Oh. I don't think you'd be able to handle that until...

"I know." She said.

"I didn't know you had thoughts like that." He said smiling.

"Well now you know."

"I love you."

"I love you Chandler."

He drank the last of her water and they headed back to their rooms. Before going into the room she shared with Phoebe and Rachel, Chandler kissed her again, and a minute later, Monica walked into the room. When she closed the door, Chandler walked back to his and Ross's room and went back to bed. He laid in bed with a smile on his face thinking about how lucky he was to have Monica as his girlfriend.
 
 

NEXT UP.......STEAMY DAYS AND NIGHTS