OUR STORY
By Creassya


This is my "Together" series. It's a little different from my other series. Chandler and Monica are married with two children and another one on the way. Throughout this series Chandler and Monica will take us through what they went through, how they got together, what it took for them stay together, and ultimately, the sacrifices they made to end up together. Enjoy the series
 

Through layers of sleep, I felt someone watching me. I forced my eyes to open and saw my son Codie looking at me. He often did this in the morning on the weekends. He was always the first person awake. For a two year old, he wasn't that bad. He just found it difficult to be still. I lifted my head up as he rubbed his eyes. I picked him up and sat him on my lap. He leaned his head against my chest as I held him in my arms. Monica turned over and slowly opened her eyes.

"Hi sweetie."

"Morning honey," I said smiling.

"I was talking to Codie," she said grinning.

"Morning mommy."

"Want something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah," Monica answered.

"I was talking to Codie."

Monica smiled.

"Well, you guys want breakfast?"

"I'll do it."

"It's okay. You know I don't mind."

Monica slowly rose from the bed. She was four months pregnant and beginning to show. Being that we already have two boys, we're hoping for a girl. I followed Monica downstairs and into the kitchen with Codie in my arms. While we were sitting at the kitchen table, Chandler, Jr. our four year old, walked into the kitchen. I smiled at him. Chandler, Jr. reminded me of Joey. Whenever he smelled food he came running.

When Chandler sat at the table, I turned around and smiled.

"Look at my three handsome men," I said.

Codie wanted to get out of Chandler's lap, so he let him down. He came over to me and I picked him up. He would often hold my leg while I cooked. He barely let me out of his sight. He followed me all over the house, and cried when he couldn't find me. Chandler and I had just bought this house a month after I found out that I was pregnant again, which was three months ago. Codie was always able to find me when we still lived in the apartment. Now that we're in a house, he goes from room to room trying to locate me. I kissed him on the cheek and put him down. He stood right next to me while I cooked.

When breakfast was served, we all sat down at the kitchen table to eat. Chandler and I looked at each other and then at our two boys. I put my hand on my stomach. Soon we'll have another person here with us. Life is normal now. Chandler and I are happily married with two beautiful children and another on the way. This pregnancy is different from the other two. This baby was planned. Once we had decided to have another baby, it didn't take long for me to get pregnant. When the decision was made to expand our family, we started looking for a house. It took us six months to find what we wanted. We thought that living in Long Island was better than raising the kids in the apartment. They like that they can play in the backyard and ride bikes. Chandler was teaching Chandler, Jr. to ride, and Codie rode his bike with training wheels. Everything in our life is good, but it wasn't all wonderful. Here's our story........

I was sitting in the coffeehouse with Rachel when Chandler walked in. He went to the counter and came over and sat next to me. He had a sad and pitiful look on his face. Rachel and I could tell that from the expression on his face that his date from the other night wasn't successful.

"The date didn't go so well huh?"

"Does it show?"

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Story of my life."

"Come on. The next date will be better," Rachel said.

"Rach, this is me, Chandler."

"Stop that Chandler," I said.

"All right. I won't go on about me being a loser."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

I smiled at him. We knew better than to ask what happened. I was really curious to see what type of excuse he'd come up with this time as to why he didn't like the girl. I told myself I'd ask what happened later.

Later that night, while I was cleaning the apartment, Chandler walked in.

"Chandler, I've been dying to find out what happened on your date last night."

"Nothing happened really. She just didn't talk enough."

"Didn't you know that before you went out with her?"

"Well......

"Chandler."

"I know what your thinking," he said, sitting at the kitchen table.

"Why do you do it?"

"It's a compulsion."

He smiled and I watched his face. Chandler was hurting underneath that smile. I didn't tell him that I could see the pain that he was hiding, but I wanted to. Any woman would be lucky to have him, I thought to myself. But he didn't see that. Sure he had issues when it came to relationships, but he had a lot to offer. While I was looking into his eyes, I felt as if I was looking into his soul. I then noticed that I wasn't just looking into his eyes. He was looking into mine. It really freaked me out. I turned my gaze away from him and got up from the table. I went over to the sink to finish up the rest of the dishes and could feel his eyes on me. He got up from his seat and Rachel walked in with Phoebe.

I don't know what came over me that day, but I rose from the kitchen table, all ready to place my hands on her waist and kiss her. It freaked me out. Nothing could ever happen between us, I thought to myself. Feeling awkward, I left. I walked into my and Joey's apartment and went straight to my room. I was a little surprised at myself for what I was about to do. I was about to kiss Monica and reveal how I felt about her. I told myself that I would forget about how I felt about her ever since I spent Thanksgiving with them back when Ross and I were in college. I felt that since I was able to manage that all those years that I could still forget my feelings. I couldn't have been more wrong. From that point on, my attraction to Monica only became stronger.

Later that night, I sat in my room thinking about my life. I thought about how I wanted the perfect man in my life. I wanted marriage and children in my future. I wanted stability. When thinking about those things, Chandler entered my mind. I had to admit to myself that I was becoming more and more attracted to him. I decided right then and there that I wouldn't worry too much about it anymore. I was certain that my feelings would somehow disappear. It happened before. While deep in thought, Rachel came into my room and sat on the bed.

"Hey Mon."

"Are you just getting home?"

"Yeah."

"Should I even ask how it went?"

"It was okay, for a first date."

"Are you going out with him again?" I asked.

"We're going out next week."

"That's good."

"I like him. He seems like a nice guy."

"So, when do we get to meet him?"

"Next week."

"Did you kiss him?"

"No, but I wanted to. So, what did you do tonight?"

"Just stayed here and cleaned the apartment."

"Sounds fun."

I wanted to tell Rachel what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure she'd understand. Instead, we talked about her date. While she was describing how wonderful he is, my mind kept drifting back to Chandler's eyes and smile and how wonderful he is. I was really trying to listen to Rachel and I felt bad that I wasn't really paying attention to everything she was saying. I was glad that she didn't notice. When I tuned back into what she was talking about, I began to feel really sad and alone. The feeling of sadness and loneliness sometimes came over me that way, leaving me feeling absolutely helpless. After Rachel finished telling me about her date, she looked at her watch and remember that she was supposed to call him. She got up from the bed and left my room. I hated to feel lonely and I really needed someone to talk to. I know there was only one person who would completely understand the way I was feeling.

I sat in my chair channel surfing when I heard someone enter the apartment. I turned around and noticed that it was Monica.  She had a sad look on her face. She walked over and stood in front of me. I got up from my chair and looked her in the face. Without a word, I slid my arms around her waist and held her in my arms. I gently rubbed her back and could hear her sigh. When we pulled apart she smiled.

"I really needed that," she said.

"So did I."

I sat back down in my chair and she sat on my lap like she had done many times before. I held her tightly as she leaned her head against my shoulder. She was breathing softly against my neck. I closed my eyes, wanting to kiss her.

"I don't know what I would do without you Chandler. You always know how I'm feeling without even having to ask."

"I'll always be here," I said, not knowing what else to say.

"I know."

I didn't have to tell Chandler what was on my mind or what was bothering me because I knew that he understood. I felt really comfortable in his arms and wanted to stay there.

"Where's Joey?"

"He's spending the night out. Why?"

"I guess I just want you to myself."

I smiled to myself. Something was happening between us. Something more than friendship. I knew that she felt it too from the way she was looking at me earlier. It had been building for a while. I wanted to hold in my arms the entire night. She was so soft and warm.

"Chandler?"

"Yeah."

"What's going on between us?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I know you feel it."

She lifted her head up to look at me. I touched her face without thinking.

"I feel it."

She closed her eyes and leaned her forehead against mine.

"I definitely feel it," I whispered.
 

STAY TUNED AS CHANDLER AND MONICA CONTINUE TO TAKE US THROUGH HOW THEY GOT "TOGETHER"

ATTRACTION SO STRONG......IS NEXT