CHANDLER'S NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY!

by Creassya
 

This takes place after The New Girl In His Life. Chandler and Monica's friendship has reached a different level. Monica feels uncomfortable around Chandler now, because she's starting to fall in love with him. She wants to be a good friend to him, but also wants to be with him. Chandler, on the other hand, has feeling for Tina, and Monica.
 

Monica was standing in the mirror looking at her reflection. There was a time when she hated to look at herself. Now when she looks in the mirror, she smiles at the person she is. In some ways, she was still the same fat girl she always was. She thought that most of her insecurities had disappeared along with the extra pounds she carried around, but she was wrong. Her losing weight made her feel good about herself, but it didn't last long. She had gotten used to being thin. At one point, she felt invisible, but all that changed when she lost weight. Now that feeling had returned. She didn't feel invisible at school anymore, just at home. It was difficult growing up in Ross's shadow. Monica left the mirror and sat at her desk. She wasn't in the mood to go to the party. She was sitting there waiting for Phoebe and Rachel to come and get her. Chandler had just called her to make sure that she was coming. She wanted to just stay home and be by herself. It was difficult trying to control herself around Chandler.

Chandler stood next to Tina, watching the door for Monica. Everyone had arrived, and Chandler wanted to see Monica. He hadn't seen her since Christmas. He and Tina were spending a lot of time together. He missed Monica, and couldn't wait to see her. Minutes later she walked through the door with Phoebe and Rachel. Tina left his side to talk to one of her girlfriends and Chandler practically ran over to Monica.

"Hey Mon." He said giving her a hug.

"Hi." She said.

When they pulled apart, he noticed that she didn't look too happy to be there.

"Well, I see some gorgeous looking guys other there. Shall we?" Rachel said.

"We shall." Phoebe said grinning.

The three of them headed in the direction of some of the basketball players, leaving Chandler standing there in amazement. It was like Monica was angry with him. It puzzled him because she didn't seem angry when he talked to her on the phone. He wondered what was bothering her. He watched her as she talked Carl, the captain of the football team. He was rubbing her arms and touching her face. At that moment, he wanted to go over there and yell at him. He looked around for Tina, but didn't see her. Suddenly she came up behind him.

"Hey."

"Hey. Where were you?"

"I was in the kitchen."

"Oh."

"Chandler, is everything okay?"

"Yeah." He said offering her a smile.

Hours later, Monica looked over at Chandler who was slowing dancing with Tina. She wasn't sure how much longer she would be able to take seeing them together. She knew that she should have lied and said that she was sick and stayed home. When a slow song ended, and switched to a fast song, everyone was filled with life again. Phoebe and Rachel were having a good time, and so was everyone else, except her. She wanted to be alone, so she headed upstairs to one of the bedrooms hoping that at least one would be unoccupied. She walked toward a bedroom and peaked her head in the door. She was relieved to see that no one was inside.

After ten minutes of sitting in the room alone, a guy walked in drunk.

"Hey baby. Want some company?"

"No, that's why I'm in here by myself."

"Don't worry, I'll keep you company." He said walking towards her.

Monica stood up to leave, but he grabbed her arm.

"Can you please let me go?"

"Why?"

"Because if you don't, you'll have to deal with me." Chandler said walking into the room.

They both looked at Chandler in surprise, and the guy let go of her arm.

"Hey Chandler. I was just joking around."

"Just leave her alone."

The guy hurriedly left the room as Chandler came over to Monica.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah." She said heading for the door.

When she reached the door, Chandler gently grabbed her arm and closed the door.

"Monica, are you angry about something?" He asked looking into her eyes.

"No, why?"

"You seem so different tonight. You look a little sad."

"I'm fine." She said avoiding his eyes.

"You're not even looking at me."

Monica then gazed into his eyes feeling incredibly nervous. Chandler took her by the hand and lead her to a chair in the corner of the room. She sat in the chair, and Chandler pulled up a foot stool and sat in front of her.

"Monica, please, tell me what's wrong."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because, I just can't."

"Did I do something?"

"No."

"Okay, I'll just sat here and we can talk about something else."

"Chandler, this is your party, you can't be up here."

"Like you said. This is my party. I do what I want." He said smiling.

"I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right."

"You go on. I'll be fine."

"I'm not leaving you here like this. You look so sad. Can you smile for me?"

"Chandler...."

"Please." He said grinning.

Monica smiled and touched his face. She didn't mean to, and instantly became embarrassed. Chandler's smile faded and he became serious. Monica slowly moved her hands away from his face, and looked down at the carpet. He looked at her fondly and held her hands tightly. She slowly lifted her head up to look at him. He began caressing her hands and her heart began to race. She felt dizzy, and her throat went dry. She looked into his blue eyes and felt extremely weak. She was losing control and felt that she should get up, but she couldn't move. This time, it was difficult for her to keep her eyes off him. Without any words exchange between them, Chandler leaned in to kiss her, but hesitated. He and Monica were looking directly into each other's eyes. She had given him the green light by not pushing him away, so he kissed her. She enjoyed the feel of his soft lips against hers and soon he entered his tongue into her mouth. She made a soft noise and Chandler held on to her hands even tighter. He was extremely nervous, and so was she. Both had been wanting this kiss for a long time, and neither of them made any attempt to stop themselves. Chandler let go of her hands and gently placed them on her face. She was enjoying the kiss so much, that she didn't move. She sat there enjoying Chandler's soft lips, and his tongue touching hers. Kissing him was incredible. He kissed her really slowly and gently. His left hand moved from her face and slid in her hair. She then rose her hand to touch his face. His skin felt as soft as his lips.

Rachel walked over to Phoebe. She had been looking for Monica all over.

"Pheebs, have you seen Mon around?"

"Not since we got here."

"She wasn't in a very good mood. I wonder where she is."

"I'm sure she's around. This place is so packed, I'm surprised you found me."

"I know."

Phoebe looked up and noticed Ross coming over to them.

"Hey guys."

"Hey Ross. Have you seen Mon around?"

"No, I just got here."

"Oh."

Minutes later, Phoebe noticed Joey coming toward her and the guy she was sitting with.

"Hey Pheebs, have you seen Chandler?"

"No. Not since I got here."

"I wonder where he is." He said walking away.

Phoebe frowned up her face. She thought that it was a little weird that Chandler and Monica were missing. She was expecting Chandler to be hanging out with the guys or Tina. She thought about going to look for them, but quickly brushed the thought away. She figured that they were around somewhere. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. Phoebe was a little surprised to see Ross there, but then again, everyone was there. Chandler's parties were legendary. He made sure that everyone had a good time, a good host, the life of the party. Tonight he was missing in action, leaving everyone to have fun without him. After a while, Rachel had given up looking for Monica. The place was so crowded and she wanted to have fun. At one point, two guys were about to fight over this girl, and Joey had to intervene. When he walked away, they started fighting. Joey and some of the guys from the football team had to break it up, and throw them out. It took a few minutes for the party to return to normal.

Meanwhile, Chandler and Monica were still kissing. They were so into each other, that if someone were to come in, they wouldn't have noticed. Finally, Monica broke the kiss. She gazed into his eyes and they both smiled.

"You seem better now." Chandler said grinning.

"How could I not?"

Chandler touched her nose with the tip of his index finger. Monica felt herself growing warm all over.

"So, what was the problem before?" He asked.

"My feelings for you."

"Really?''

"I wasn't supposed to feel this way about you. We're good friends."

"I know. I feel the same way."

"So, now what?"

"We can stay up here and talk."

"Sounds good."

"It feels good having you all to myself." He said grinning.

Monica smiled as Chandler came closer to her. She put her hands to his face and pulled him even closer for a kiss. He was slowly rubbing her thighs, which was turning her on. Minutes later, Chandler was sitting in the chair, and she was sitting in his lap. They continued to kiss and touch each other. Both had forgotten that there was a party going on downstairs. Chandler held her in his arms tightly as they kissed. They barely came up for air. They kissed for minutes at a time before they broke apart. Chandler liked having Monica in his arms, and she liked being there. They broke the kiss and Monica leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I wanna move from here." Monica said softly.

"Neither do I."

Monica lifted her head up and smiled at Chandler. He gave her soft peck on the lips, which lead to another passionate kiss. Two minutes into the kiss, Joey walked in and stood in the doorway. They didn't even hear him come in or noticed him standing there.

"So, this is where you've been?" Joey said grinning.

Chandler and Monica immediately broke apart and got up out of the chair.

"Joey......

"No no, I didn't mean to interrupt. I'll let you two be alone." Joey said smiling at them.

"Joey, don't say anything.....

"Don't worry, I won't." He said edging out of the room.

Seconds before the arrival of the new year, Everyone was counting down the seconds left. While they were anticipating the new year, Chandler held Monica in his arms. Both were also counting down the seconds until midnight. When they reached 1, they kissed. The kiss lasted for a few seconds.

"So, how was your night?" Chandler asked.

"It could have been better." Monica joked.

"Yeah, same here." He said smiling.

"I think we should get from here now."

"I know. I don't wanna take the chance of somebody else walking in on us."

"I had a good time though." She said gazing at him.

"So did I."

Twenty minutes later, Chandler returned downstairs. He and Monica didn't want to come back down at the same time. When he saw Tina talking to her girlfriends, he instantly felt a stab of guilt. He went over to Joey as Monica came down. She walked through the crowd to get to Phoebe. She noticed Tina walking over to Chandler and then putting her arm around him. She had forgotten all about Tina while she was upstairs with Chandler. She suddenly felt guilty and was ready to leave.

"Monica, where have you been all night?" Phoebe asked.

"I'll tell you later. Where's Rach?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"I'm just ready to leave."

"Oh, there she is." Phoebe said pointing across the room.

Rachel made her way over to Monica and Phoebe.

"Mon, where have you been?" Rachel asked.

"I'll tell you later. Are you ready to go?" Monica said.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Good."

Once they were in Monica's room, Phoebe and Rachel were sitting on her bed, waiting for her tell them what she had been up to.

"Well, we're waiting." Rachel said.

"Yeah, where were you all night?"

"I was with Chandler."

"You were with Chandler? Where?" Phoebe asked.

"In one of the bedrooms."

"Oh My God!" Rachel said grinning.

"Nothing happened. Well, we kissed."

"See, I knew he liked you." Rachel said.

"So, how did it happen?" Phoebe asked.

"Well, I didn't feel like being there or being around all those people, so I went upstairs for some peace and quiet. After I was in the room by myself for about ten minutes or so, this guy came in. I get up to leave and he grabbed my arm."

"What did you do?" Phoebe asked.

"I told him to let me go, and when he didn't, Chandler came in and the guy left. Anyway, he noticed that I wasn't in a good mood, so we sat down to talk. I don't know what happened, but he sat in front of me and we just looked at each other for a few seconds, and I put my head down because I was nervous. Then I looked at him, and he held my hands, and we kissed."

"That's so sweet." Phoebe and Rachel said.

"Yeah, we were kissing the whole time we were there."

"How does he kiss?" Rachel asked.

"I loved the way he kissed me."

"That is so cool." Rachel said.

"Yeah, so what's the problem?" Phoebe asked.

"He has a girlfriend remember?"

"Wow, I also forgot about that."Phoebe said.

"Yeah, so did I. I just feel so guilty. I mean I like Tina and we get along pretty good."

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. I don't wanna break them up, but...

"You don't want them together either." Rachel finished.

"I hate this. I knew that I should have just stayed here."

"Yeah, but then you wouldn't have kissed Chandler." Phoebe pointed out.

"I know. I was fine until I came back down and saw her putting her arm around him."

"So that's why you wanted to leave?"

"Yeah Rach, where have you been?" Phoebe said.

Joey and Ross stayed and helped Chandler clean everything up. When they were finished, Ross left and Joey stood there looking at Chandler with a smile on his face. Chandler noticed and frowned.

"What's with you?"

"So, are you gonna tell me how it happened?"

"How what happened?"

"You and Monica!"

"I don't know, it just happened."

"No it didn't. It's been building for a while." Joey said sitting down.

"Yeah it has. I mean, she looked like she was sad, so I wanted to find out what was wrong with her."

"By sticking your tongue down her throat?" Joey asked.

"That's not how it happened. We were talking, and I just could take it anymore. So I kissed her."

"How did she end up on your lap?"

"We were really getting into it." Chandler said grinning.

"Yeah, I noticed."

"She felt so soft."

"How was the tongue?" Joey asked leaning forward.

"Come on Joey." Chandler said rolling his eyes.

"What?"

"I like kissing her and holding her, but as soon as I came back downstairs and saw Tina, I felt so guilty."

"What are you gonna do?"

"I like both of them."

"I know you well enough to know that you're not gonna be with both of them."

"Of course not."

"So, who do you like better?"

"Do you really have to ask?"

"Well, than end it with Tina."

"It's not that simple."

"Sure it is. You do it all the time."

Monica had just gotten into bed and turned out the lights, when the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hey angel."

"Hey Chandler." Monica said softly.

"How are you?"

"Confused. You?"

"Same."

"I see."

"Monica, I've had feelings for you since last year, and I guess....I just couldn't hold back anymore."

"Me too."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I don't want you to think that I was taking advantage of you."

"I know you weren't."

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"I don't know, I guess I just felt a little weird. I kinda forgot about Tina while we were making out."

"So did I."

"Chandler, I don't wanna break to two of you up."

"I know."

"I don't want you to let her go because we kissed. I mean it's one thing to break up with someone if you have nothing in common or whatever, but I don't wanna be the cause of it."

At that moment, Chandler wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her.

"Anybody ever tell you how sweet you are?" He asked softly.

"All the time." She said smiling.

"Well, you are."

"So are you."

"Well, I'll let you go. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"I'm glad you called."

"Yeah, me too."

"So, are you sure you don't hate me?"

"Of course not. Why would I hate you?"

"Because I kissed you, and I have a girlfriend. I didn't wanna hurt you Mon."

"I know. We'll be fine." She said, trying to convince Chandler and herself.
 
 
 

THAT'S NOT ALL FOR CHANDLER AND MONICA, IT'll HAPPEN, DON'T WORRY

SOUL SEARCHING.......IS NEXT