_LOVE JOY_

by Creassya
 

This takes place after When You Least expect it. Chandler and Joey have been cast in a movie, and they're really excited about it. Monica's happy for Chandler, but also a little worried about him becoming famous and forgetting about her.
 
 

Chandler watched as Monica rolled over on her back, with her arm above her head. He could tell that she was dreaming, because she was smiling. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, but came closer to her and smiled. He knew that she'd soon be awake, so he reached over and took her hand in his, and gave it a light squeeze. The smile slowly left her face and she slowly opened her eyes. She focused her gaze upon his, and then looked at her hand resting in his.

"I was just dreaming about you." She said smiling.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. We were vacationing somewhere, and we made love the entire time." She said grinning.

"Wow, some dream."

"Yes it was."

"I noticed you smiling."

"Oh my god. Is that why you're holding my hand?" She asked grinning.

"Yeah. I wanted you to wake up. I thought you were dreaming about some other guy." He joked.

"Yeah right." She said sitting up.

"Do you have any idea how much I love you?" He said still holding onto her hand.

"Yeah, I think I have a pretty good idea."

"Good."

"Why?" She asked.

"Why what?"

"Why did you ask me if I had any idea how much you love me?"

"Because, I want to know."

"I know you love me."

"Do you know, that no matter what happens, I'll continue to love you?"

"I want to believe so." She answered softly.

"I can tell you how much I love you until I turn blue in the face, but all I can do is show you." He said caressing her hand.

"You have." She said leaning in to kiss him.

The phone interrupted the kiss. When Chandler went across the room to answer the phone, Monica laid back on the bed with a smile on her face. She decided to stop worrying about whether or not Chandler would still love her if he became famous, and to focus on how well they get along, and how much in love they are with one another. She felt really lucky to have Chandler as her boyfriend, and knew that he felt the same way about having her as his girlfriend. It showed in the way he looked at her, kissed her, held her, treated her, and made love to her. She watched him as he talked on the phone. She looked at his strong hands as he held the phone in his hand, and his dimples as he smiled. He was definitely the cutest guy she'd ever laid eyes on, she decided. She got out of bed and went over to him as he stood against his dresser. They looked at each other in the face and smiled. She put her hand to his face and gently kissed him. Chandler took the phone from his ear so that Joey couldn't hear them kissing. Ten seconds later, Monica broke the kiss, and went back over to the bed and sat down. Chandler smiled, and put the phone back up to his ear.

While he was talking to Joey, Monica got up off the bed and went back over to the dresser. Chandler reserved the top drawer for some of her clothes, mainly her panties, bras, slips, and stockings. She got her things out of the drawer and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. Chandler sometimes found it amazing that Monica loved him. For the first time in his life, he was in a relationship that he treasured and was proud of. He smiled thinking of how Monica often cleaned his apartment, even though there wasn't much to clean. He found it a little strange that she had to have everything in the perfect place, but he also thought it was cute.

A week later, Chandler had Joey, Ross, and Jimmy over, and Monica had gone out with Phoebe and Rachel. The guys left an hour before Monica returned to Chandler's apartment. When she walked in, all the lights were turned out. There were two candles sitting on the living room table. She walked into his bedroom and noticed that Chandler had left. She wondered if he had gone back to her apartment. She put her purse on the bed and went into the bathroom. When she opened the door, she gasped in surprise. There were candles all around the bathroom and rose petals in the bathtub on top of the bubbles. She smiled and put her hand to her heart. She loved when Chandler did things like this. She went over to the bathtub and put her fingertips in the water, and felt that it was quite hot. She went back into the bedroom and turned on the lights and noticed a note on the dresser.

Hi Sugar lips, I have a little surprise waiting for you in the bathroom, that is, if you haven't already been in there. I know you're wondering what's the occasion. I just felt like doing something romantic for you, and for us. So, just relax in the tub until I get there. I won't keep you waiting too long.

Love,
Chandler

Ten minutes later, Chandler walked into his apartment and noticed that only one candle remained on the living room table. He figured that Monica had arrived, so he went into his bedroom to get out of his clothes. He walked over to his night stand and noticed a note from Monica. He picked it up and noticed that it had a sweet scent to it. He  unfolded the noted and read it.

Hi Sweetie,

I love what you've done for us. What have I ever done to deserve treatment like this? Anyway, whatever I'm doing, I hope I keep doing it. I love you sweetheart, and I'm waiting for you in the bathtub. Hurry up, lover....

Love
Monica

Chandler smiled and put the note back on the night stand. He took off his clothes and walked to the bathroom naked. He slowly opened the door with a sexy smile on his face. Monica smiled also, glad that he had finally arrived. He walked in and closed the door. Monica noticed that he was hiding something behind his back as he came closer to her. He knelt down beside the tub and pulled out a small long black box.

"This is for you." He said softly.

"Chandler...you didn't have to." She said gazing into his eyes.

"Here." He said handing the box to her.

He stood up and eased into the bath tube. Once he sat down in front of her, she smiled and opened up the box. She looked at the gift that was inside, and put her hands to her mouth in surprise.

"You like it?" Chandler asked with a sweet smile on his face.

"Oh My God! It's beautiful." She said gazing him.

"Not compared to you." He said seriously.

She took the white gold necklace out of the box and held it up. She read what was on the charm and got tears in her eyes. It read: My future wife, Monica. Chandler took the long box away from her and put it on the floor. He came closer to her and put the necklace on her as tears streamed down her cheeks. He looked her and smiled.

"Thank you Chandler." She said touching his face.

He leaned in and softly kissed her. She was so touched by the necklace he had gotten her, that she broke the kiss and held on to him tightly as she cried. Chandler stroked the back of her head, and ran his fingers up and down her back. He had no idea that the necklace would make her so happy. He was pleased with himself. He had never been this kind of boyfriend before. Sure he was sweet and caring, but he didn't go out of his way to please his other girlfriends. Monica was special to him, and wanted to constantly let her know that. It made him happy to see a smile on her face. He wanted to do anything and everything to see her happy. She broke the hug, put her hands to his face, and stared into his eyes.

"I love you so much Chandler." She said smiling through her tears.

"I love you too." He said caressing her face with the back of his hand.

"What am I gonna do with you?" Monica asked.

"I can think of a few things."

"You are SO gonna be rewarded for this." Monica said.

"Really? Chandler asked excitedly.

"Oh yeah."

Monica began kissing him while slowly climbing on his lap.

"I'm SO gonna enjoy this." Chandler said breaking the kiss.

"Me too."

Chandler enjoyed the feel of Monica's lips, and her hands gently touching his face. She wrapped her arms around him, and pressed herself tightly against him. Every time he and Monica touched, he often became overly excited and forced himself to calm down. This was one of those moments. Her sitting on his lap with her legs spread apart, her arms lingering around his neck, and her breast pressed against his chest, made his heart race. He often times smiled to himself, thinking of how often this happened. He should be used to being near her. They made love all the time.

Monica massaged his back, arms, and legs. He wanted to massage her too, but she wouldn't let him. She felt that he had already done enough for the night. It was now time to please him. When they were back in the bedroom, Monica made sure to satisfy Chandler, and he enjoyed every minute of it. He loved making love to Monica, and often told her so. She loved hearing him moan and call out her name. She also loved to hear him tell her how good she felt to him. It was a major turn on for her.

Hours later, as she laid in his arms, she played with his fingers while he slept. She liked playing with his hands, especially after having sex with him. She laid there wondering if things would always be this good between them. Throughout the entire year of them being together, they haven't had a serious fight. They had a few heated discussions about Chandler being a little weird about their relationship, months after they started dating, but other than that, it was smooth sailing. She looked up at his sleeping face and hoped that they'd always be this close. She smiled as she touched her necklace. The charm let her know just how much she meant to Chandler.

The next morning, Chandler woke up smelling something coming from the kitchen. He sat up and noticed that Monica wasn't in bed. He got out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." She said. Go have a seat in the dinning room and I'll bring you your plate."

"Okay." He said rubbing his eyes.

Before he left the kitchen, Monica went over to him and gave him a soft and loving peck on the mouth.

"You smell good, and so does the food." He said grinning.

"I know." She said leaning in to kiss him again.

A minute later while Chandler was sitting in the dinning room, Monica walked into the room with their plates. When she sat down, the two of them looked at each other lovingly.

"Thank you Mon."

"Well, it's the least I could do. Did I mention how much I love my present?"

"Yeah, and you showed me too."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, you wore me out last night." He said grinning.

"That was the plan."

Chandler smiled. Monica was a piece of work sometimes, but he loved her anyway. He noticed that she seemed to be okay about him costarring in a movie. It made him feel better knowing that she had faith in their relationship. He didn't buy her that necklace to prove to her that fame won't change the way he feels about her, he bought it because he really loves her, and when he saw it in the jewelry store, he couldn't resist it.

Later that day, Monica was at the coffeehouse reading a magazine, when Phoebe and Rachel walked in. When they sat down they immediately noticed the necklace. Phoebe sat in the chair, and Rachel sat next to Monica.

"Oh my God!" Phoebe said.

"What?" Monica asked.

"Did Chandler buy you that?" Rachel asked.

"Oh, yeah." She answered smiling.

Rachel got a little closer to read what the charm said.

"That's so sweet." Rachel said.

"Wow, Chandler has come a long way this past year." Phoebe said with a smile on her face.

"I know. It was so romantic. When I went over his place last night, he had two candles on the living room table. All the lights were out, so I went into his bedroom and put my purse on the bed and went into the bathroom and saw the candles all around. He ran us a bubble bath with rose petals in it. I love when he does things like that." She said beaming.

"You two had a pretty steamy night huh?" Rachel asked.

"Oh yeah."

"So, are you okay about everything now?" Phoebe asked.

"What are you talking about?'

"I'm talking about the movie."

"Oh yeah. I've been fine about him being in a movie, but I was just feeling insecure."

"Well, are you secure now?" Phoebe asked.

"Of course. I was secure before he bought the necklace."

"It's gorgeous." Phoebe said.

"So, were you excited about what the charm says?" Rachel asked, leaning in as if she were about to hear some juicy gossip.

"Well, I wouldn't put it that way."

"Well, how would you put it?" Phoebe asked.

"I was touched, and surprised. When I saw the words: My future wife, I started crying."

"Awww." Phoebe and Rachel said in unison.

"I mean, sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am. I remember being in Florida, sitting in my hotel room by myself feeling lonely, wanting somebody to love, who loves me, and, I walked to the beach because I was tired of sitting in the hotel with nothing to do.  I'm lying there with my eyes closed, and when I opened them, there he was, standing over me smiling, and here we are...in love."

Seconds later, Chandler and Ross walked in, and Phoebe and Rachel smiled. Monica frowned her face at them wondering what they were smiling about, until Chandler came over and sat beside her. They looked at each other, and Chandler kissed her softly on the mouth.

"Okay guys, cut it out." Ross said taking a seat at the small table.

"Oh shut up!" Phoebe and Rachel said smiling.

"I'm kidding. Geez."

"So Mon, did you show Mom the necklace?"

"No. I haven't seen her."

"Well, let's go show her." Phoebe said.

"Oh stop it." Monica said leaning against Chandler.

"Me and the guys are going bowling tonight." Chandler said to Monica.

"Okay."

"Well guys, I have to go meet Jimmy." Phoebe said getting up.

"All right Pheebs. You're coming over later right?" Rachel asked.

"We'll see." She said grinning.

Later that night, while Monica was cleaning her apartment, the phone rang. She took off her rubber gloves and answered the phone.

"Hello."

"Hi, Monica?"

"Yeah, is the Cassandra?"

"Of course, who else would it be?" She said laughing.

"Hey, it's good to hear from you." Monica said sitting on the couch.

"Same here. I here what Chandler bought you." Cassandra said grinning on the other end.

"Wow, good new travels fast."

"Yeah, he called and told me. He as so excited about your reaction."

"Really?"

"Totally. Monica, I know I say this to you a lot, but he's so happy with you. Don't ever go anywhere okay?"

"I would dare." Monica said laughing.

"Good, cause I wouldn't let you go anywhere anyway."

"That's comforting." Monica said smiling.

"Yeah, for me too."

"You're too much." Monica said laughing.

"Yeah, I know you miss me."

"I do."

"So, how's Joey doing?"

"They same. He asked about you the other day."

"He's cute."

"Yeah, he has too many girls."

"I know."

"So, what are you doing tonight?" Cassandra asked.

"Just finished cleaning the apartment. Nothing exciting. Chandler's out with Joey and Ross."

"You miss him?" Cassandra teased.

"Of course I miss my sweetie, but I mind when he hangs out with the guys."

"I know, I just like to tease you."

"Yeah, you and everybody else."

"It's fun."

"I kinda figured that." Monica said.

An hour later, Monica hung up with Cassandra, just as Chandler walked in. Her face lit up when he came over to the couch and sat next to her. She gazed at him with a smile on her face and leaned in to kiss him. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before she pulled back.

"Did I  tell you that I love you today?" She asked rubbing his thigh.

"I don't think so, but you told me plenty of times last night." He said grinning.

"I didn't have much of a choice."

"Oh, whys that?" He asked leaning his forehead against hers.

"Because, I couldn't help myself. My emotions got the best of me." She explained.

"Good." He said stroking her hair.

"Chandler?"

"Yeah."

"I love being in love with you." She said softly with her head still resting against hers.

Chandler closed his eyes when she uttered those words. She sounded so sweet.

"Me too. And I love moments like this. Did I ever tell you that?"

"No, but I'm glad you did."

Chandler took Monica's hand that was rubbing his thigh, and placed it on his chest near his heart. Monica was definitely the best thing in his life. He was happy that he was finally doing something right. It felt really good to be in love. Not at all like he imagined it would be. He used to see falling in love as some sort of burden and a waste of time. Being with Monica showed him that falling in love was the best thing that could possibly happen to someone, especially someone like him. She had renewed his faith in love, relationships, and most of all, himself.
 
 

RETURNING HOME......IS NEXT!