WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT

BY CREASSYA
 

This takes place after Friends. After being gone for a year, Rachel moves back to New York and patches things up with Monica and Phoebe. Also, Cassandra comes to town to visit. As Monica as Cassandra become closer, Chandler and Joey get to know each other better, and also become close.
 
 

Monica and Rachel were sitting at the kitchen table when Chandler and Joey walked in. Chandler ran over to Monica and picked her up out of the chair and started swinging her around. Joey was smiling, and Rachel was looking at the two of them like they were crazy. When he finally let Monica down, he put his hands to her face and passionately kissed her. After a few seconds, she broke the kiss and stared at him strangely.

"Can I ask what's going on?" She asked looking from Chandler, to Joey, and back again.

"We just got our big break!" Joey said excitedly.

"What?" Rachel asked.

"Well, I just got a lead part in a movie, and Chandler's been offered a part in the movie. His agent set it up!"

"Really!" Monica asked.

"Yep."

"Oh My God!" Rachel said.

"Wait, how did you get a lead in a movie?" Monica asked.

"I'm an actor. I didn't tell you?"

"No."

"Well, I'm an actor. Well, actually, a struggling actor until today!" He said smiling.

"That is so great." Rachel said.

"Yeah, it's a romantic comedy." Chandler said.

"Wow, you have a good agent." Monica said.

"I know. I never really thought about becoming an actor, I just wanted to be a famous comedian."

"Well, if all goes well, it'll happen." Monica said touching his face.

"So, what's the name of the movie?" Rachel asked.

"It's called CRAZY EXPECTATIONS."

"I can't believe you guys are actually gonna be in a movie." Monica said.

"Well, believe it baby!" Chandler said, dancing around the room.

Monica laughed and shook her head.

"So, when do you start shooting?" Rachel asked.

"In about five or six months from now."Joey said.

"So, it's definite right?" Monica asked.

"Did you not hear us say that we're in a movie?" Joey asked.

"Just checking." Monica said with smile.

Later that night Monica decided to take Chandler out for dinner. She took him to an expensive restaurant and bowling. She didn't let him pay for anything. It felt good to take him out and pay for everything. Occasionally he let her treat him, but not often. He liked buying her things and treating her to dinner and to the movies, or anywhere they went together. She was happy for Chandler, but deep down inside, she wondered what show business would do to him. She wondered if he would get famous and forget about her. Part of her knew that that was ridiculous because he loved her, but the other part of her wasn't so sure. When they returned to his apartment, she watched as he danced around. When he stopped hopping around, he looked at Monica and the smile faded from his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting next to her on the bed.

"I was just wondering.....when you become famous....

"Will I forget about you?" He finished.

"Well....

"Monica, how could ever forget you? I love you more than anything."

"I know you do. I was just a little worried. I've never had what I have with you. I don't wanna lose you."

"You won't, because I don't wanna lose you either."

Monica reached up and touched his face. She let her forehead rest against his as he rubbed the back of her hands. Chandler couldn't imagine his life without Monica in it. Not only was she the best girlfriend he ever had, but she was also the bestfriend he always wanted.

A couple days later, Monica and Cassandra were sitting in Chandler's apartment while Chandler was out with Joey and Ross.

"Monica, I know you're worried about Chandler going off and becoming a celebrity, but trust me, he definitely sees you in his future. I'm telling you, I've never seen him this happy before, and he's not just gonna ruin what he has with you for fame and Fortune." Cassandra said smiling.

"Y'know, I'm glad he has a bestfriend like you." Monica said.

"Yeah, he's pretty lucky." She said smiling.

"He is."

"Seriously though, you're his bestfriend now. Don't forget that."

"But you've known him a lot longer than I have."

"Yeah, but like I said, you're his bestfriend now, and that's the way it should be. I've been hoping that one day, he would find someone who would treat him right, and you're that person."

"I love him." Monica said.

"I know you do."

Chandler, Joey, and Ross were at the bowling alley. Just as Ross got up to take his turn, Chandler yelled something and Ross dropped the ball. When he turned around to look at him, Chandler and Joey burst into laughter. Ross tried to look mad, but they could tell that he wanted to laugh. Chandler and Joey kept trying to make Ross lose his concentration, but he ended up beating them anyway, and gloated about it. Even though they loss, they still had a good time. They had more fun trying to make Ross drop the than they did bowling.

When Chandler returned home, Monica was waiting for him in the bedroom in satin lingerie. She was lying on the bed in a sexy pose when he entered the room and turned on the light. When he saw her, he smiled without saying a word. He walked over to the bed and climbed on top of her.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." She said running her hands through his hair.

He kissed her gently as she opened her legs. While he was caressing her thighs, she was taking off his pants. When he broke the kiss and looked at her, she touched his face.

"No need for foreplay. I want you now." She said.

Chandler smiled and kissed her again. He didn't know what had gotten into her, but he liked it.

Then next day, Cassandra walked into the coffeehouse with Joey. Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe were sitting on the couch.

"Hey guys." Chandler said.

"Hey Chandler, you think Cassandra should go out with me right?" Joey asked sitting at the small table.

"Of course not!"

"What?"

"I agree." Monica said smiling.

"Awww C'mon you guys."

"I told you." Cassandra said laughing.

"Why not?"

"I don't need to give you a reason."

"Yes you do."

"I'm leaving tomorrow anyway, so it doesn't make a difference."

"You heard the woman." Chandler said.

"So, when are you guys gonna come to Florida?" Cassandra asked.

"I don't know, probably next summer."

"You'll keep in touch with me right?" Monica asked.

"Of course."

"Good."

Later that night, Monica massaged Chandler's back and he massaged her feet. When they were done massaging each other, she laid in his arms. She and Chandler had been together for over a year, and sometimes she couldn't believe how well they got along. They had some arguments, but nothing major. Even though he reassured her that fame wouldn't change him, she still worried about it. She wanted to be there with him through everything, and she was a little afraid that he would slowly push her away.

"What are you thinking about?" Chandler asked.

"I'm just thinking about how much I love you."

"Good answer." He said smiling.

"I know."

The next day Cassandra, Chandler, and Monica were sitting in Chandler's apartment. They were all going to go to the airport with her. Five minutes later, the rest of the gang showed up.

"Monica, can I talk to you for a minute?" Cassandra said standing up.

"Yeah."

"Can I come?" Joey asked.

Monica and Cassandra both shook their heads and went into Chandler's room.

"So, what's up?" Monica asked.

"Well, being that we might not see each other for a while, I just wanna say that Chandler's really scared about this movie he's gonna be in. He didn't say that in so many words, but I can tell that he is. I'm telling you this because when he gets a little afraid of something, he does tend to push people away from him. He doesn't mean to, but he doesn't know any other way to deal with things. I just wanted you to know, in case he starts acting weird."

"Thanks."

"I mean, he's been good so far, but just continue to have patience with him."

"I will." Monica said.

"Good." Cassandra said putting her arm around Monica.

Once they were at the airport, they all hugged Cassandra and said their goodbyes. When Monica hugged her, she whispered thank you in her ear. She smiled and boarded the plane.

Later that night, Chandler arrived at Monica and Rachel's apartment. She was sitting on the couch waiting for him.

"Did you have fun?" Monica asked.

"Yeah. Joey's cool. He's a fun guy." He said walking over to her and sitting on the table in the living room.

"I know."

"So, did you miss me?"

"Always."

"Good."

"Did I tell you how proud I am of you?" Monica asked taking his hands in hers.

"You are?"

"Yeah." She said caressing his hands.

"Y'know, it's all starting to sink in now. I'm gonna be in a movie. I'm scared."

"Sweetie, you'll be fine, and if not, I'm here."

"Sometimes I can get a little....

"It's fine. I'm here for you." She said.

Chandler leaned in and kissed her, thinking that he was definitely the luckiest man in the world. At times, he felt that he didn't deserve her. She wasn't perfect, and neither was he, but she was as close to perfect as anyone can get. A wave of love flooded over him at that very moment. He had never dreamed that the feeling of love could be so invigorating and powerful. He broke the kiss and gazed into her blue eyes. Her beauty was breath taking, both her inner and outer beauty. She touched his face, and he melted. At the touch of her hand, and the look in her eyes, often made his heart beat a thousand times faster. Sometimes they would just stare into each other's eyes without saying a word, and this was one of those times. He rose his hand, and placed it on the back of hers and closed his eyes. Chandler enjoyed moments like this and Monica knew it. It was the little things that she did, that calmed him, and it made him love her even more.
 

THE NEXT ONE'S COMING SOON......

LOVE JOY!