PURE LOVE

By Creassya
 

This takes place after A Familiar Face. In case you can't understand the title, this is called Pure Love. I just wanted to try something different. Anyway, Chandler and Monica are beginning to get closer. While they're getting closer, Chandler is struggling with the fact that he's commitment phobic. He wants to tell Monica about his huge fear of commitment, but he's afraid to. As we get more into this series, we'll meet the rest of the gang.

Chandler is at the coffeehouse waiting for Monica. He wants to face his fear of commitment head on, so he decided that he's going to try opening up to Monica. He wanted more than anything, to be able to communication with her and establish totally intimacy. He's never had that with any other woman. He was feeling a lot of emotions when it came to Monica. She was everything he wanted and needed in a woman. When she entered the coffeehouse, he turned around and stood up to greet her. They greeted each other with a very soft sweet kiss on the mouth. When they sat down, Monica noticed that he seemed nervous.

"Chandler, what's wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, actually, there is."

"What is it?"

"Well, the reason that we're not a couple yet...is because I have a huge fear of commitment. I'm really trying to work on it, and I just need you to be patient with me." He said looking down at his hands.

"I was wondering what was going on. Chandler, it's okay with me."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I love being with you. And if you're not ready, than that's fine. I'll still be here when you are."

"You are so amazing." He said gazing into her eyes and touching her face.

"I know." She said jokingly.

Him opening up just a little, made him feel better. She was so understanding. He had never stayed with anyone else for over two months. He knew that he and Monica had something special and he didn't want to do anything to ruin that.

Monica was sitting in the front row of the Laugh Factory. The show had just started and Chandler would be the last performer. A woman with blond hair sat next to her. When the first comic finished, he blew a kiss to the woman he was seated next to her

"That's my boyfriend." The woman said smiling.

"Oh."

When Chandler came out on stage, she instantly noticed the confidence in him. He stood on stage for a few seconds before saying anything. He looked at Monica and smiled.

"That one must be yours." She said referring to Chandler.

Monica smiled and didn't answer. Chandler was hilarious as usual and the crowd loved him. There was a change in him that she really liked, even though she wasn't sure what was different about him. Monica turned around and noticed a guy in a suit standing against the wall. She wondered if he was a talent scout. When the show was over, she and the blonde woman remained in their seats.

"Chandler was hilarious."

"Thanks." Monica said.

"My name is Phoebe."

"I'm Monica."

"Do you come here to watch him often?"

"Yeah."

"I've only been here a few times."

"I usually come here with my brother."

While they were talking, Phoebe's boyfriend came over to them.

"Jimmy, this is Monica, Chandler's girlfriend."

"Oh, it's nice to meet you. He talks about you all the time."

"It's to meet you too."

Phoebe said good-bye to her and she left. When she sat back in her seat, Chandler approached her with a smile on his face. She stood up and hugged him tightly.

"Why are you so happy?" She asked.

"Well, mainly because of you, but the other reason that I'm happy, it because soon I'll have an agent."

"Really? That's great!"

"Yeah. Did you see that guy in the suit?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I meet with him tomorrow."

"I'm so proud of you."

"Yeah me too." He said smiling and kissing her cheek.

A couple days later while Monica was at the coffeehouse reading a magazine, Phoebe came in and noticed that it was her.

"Hi Monica."

"Hi."

"You don't mind if I sit here do you?"

"No of course not."

"Jimmy wanted me to meet him here. I'm never been here before. I got lost looking for this place."

"Well, I come here all the time."

"So, I heard that Chandler has an agent now."

"Yeah, he's really excited."

"So is Jimmy."

"That's great. So, how long have you two been together?"

"Three months."

"What about you and Chandler?"

"Well, we've been together for a little over two months, but he's not my boyfriend."

"Oh, I didn't know."

"It's okay. We're just taking thing slow."

"Is he afraid of commitment?" Phoebe asked smiling.

"Yeah, it is that obvious?"

"Yeah. Don't worry, he'll come around."

Shortly after, Chandler enters the coffeehouse. He came over to Monica and sat beside her.

"Chandler, this is Phoebe. She's Jimmy's girlfriend."

"Oh right. I've seen you there a few times."

"I'm meeting him here."

Seconds later Jimmy walked in and took a seat at the small table near the couch. Phoebe went over and sat on his lap.

"Hey, we're going to dinner tonight. You guys wanna come?" Phoebe asked.

"Yeah, it'll be fun." Jimmy said.

"Sure, why not?" Chandler said.

"That's sounds good."

Later that night, Chandler came over to Monica's to pick her up. He smiled when she answered the door. When she let him in, she told him to make himself comfortable. She wasn't ready. While she was in her room getting dressed, he was thinking about going in there with her. When he stood up she came out of her room.

"Okay, now I'm ready."

Chandler looked into her eyes, pulled her close to him, and slowly and passionately kissed her. Monica held on to him tightly, not wanting to let him go. At that moment she wanted to forget about going to dinner. She couldn't believe how soft his lips were, and how firm and gently he held her as they kissed. She allowed her hands to run through his hair as he stroked the back of her head. Her hands slowly left his and hair and moved towards his face. After about five minutes of them kissing, they suddenly remembered that they were supposed to be meeting Phoebe and her boyfriends at the coffeehouse so they could all go to dinner from there. Chandler gazed into her eyes once again and softly kissed her neck.

When they arrived at the coffeehouse, Phoebe and Jimmy were already there waiting for them. When they were at dinner, Chandler kept whispering in her ear making her blush. Phoebe smiled at them. She thought they were so cute. She got up from the table and announced that she was going to the ladies room. Before Monica accompanied her, she leaned in and kissed Chandler softly on the mouth and smiled. He watched her walk off with Phoebe with a smile on his face.

"Are you sure you're not his girlfriend?" She asked suspiciously.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Wow, you guys are too cute."

"I know." She said grinning.

"I didn't really have to use the bathroom, I just had to ask you that." Phoebe said.

Monica laughed and they left the bathroom and returned to their table. When she sat back down, Chandler reached for her hand. They looked at each other and smiled. They all talked and ate their dinner, and occasionally, Monica would rub his leg. When dinner was over Phoebe and Monica exchanged phone numbers.

Later that night Monica laid in bed thinking about Chandler. She was definitely falling for him. She respected him for being honest with her about his fear of commitment, and she was willing to wait until he was ready to commit to her. She was happy just having him near her all the time. She loved everything about him. She loved the way he walked into a room with his hands in his pockets, the way he kissed her, the way he gazed into her eyes, the way he held and caressed her hands, the way he touched her face, his gorgeous smile, and his charm and sense of humor. She thought about him constantly. Thinking about him brought a huge smile to her face. As they became closer the sexual tension began to build. Thinking about made it difficult for her to fall asleep. She reached over and picked up the phone to call him. She could barely see the numbers, so she turned on her the lamp that was on her night stand. She dialed his number and he answered on the second ring.

"Hello." He said softly.

"Hi sweetie. I woke you didn't I?"

"Yeah, but It's no problem."

"I won't keep you long. I just wanted to hear your voice." She said turning off the lamp.

She laid down and talked to him in the dark.

"It's okay. I don't mind."

"I couldn't sleep." She said softly.

"Well, I'm glad you called me. Why can't you sleep?"

"I was thinking about you."

Chandler rolled over on his back. He was blushing. Hearing her voice on the phone made him wish she was there next to him.

"You sound so sweet." He said.

"And you sound sexy."

"Nah."

"You do."

"Monica?"

"Yeah."

"I adore you." He said softly and sincerely.

"Thank you."

"Welcome." He said laughing.

"Well, I have to go now."

"Okay. Good night."

"Good night Chandler."

He felt a little embarrassed for telling her that, even though felt that way. He felt that he might scare her off if he started opening up too much. He expected a better response from her. He wanted to tell her so many things, but he wasn't good at expressing his feelings. He really didn't mean to tell her how sweet she sounded on the phone or that he adored her, but it slipped out. Monica was so easy to talk to that it wasn't that difficult for him to express himself to her. He tried going back to sleep, but he couldn't. After about an hour, he realized that he wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep any time soon, so he got up and called Monica back. He let the phone ring three times but there was no answer.

He got up and went into the living room to watch TV. As soon as he got comfortable on the couch, he heard a knock at the door. He frowned up his face wondering who could be knocking on his door so late. He got up off the couch and slowly walked to the door. When he opened it, he smiled. It was Monica. Before he could say anything, she put her hands to his face and passionately kissed him. While they were kissing, he closed the door. When she was inside, they continued to kiss. He was so happy to see her, and she was happy to be in his arms. When they pulled apart, they looked at each other and went over to the couch. Chandler couldn't stop blushing. When he looked at her again, he leaned in and softly kissed her lips. As he kissed her, he took her hand in his. He began caressing her hand the way he was when they went to the movies for the first time together. She looked him in the face and knew that she had to him........
 
 

THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HEAT UP,

DON'T MISS THE NEXT ONE......THE NEXT LEVEL