*A FAMILIAR FACE*

BY CREASSYA
 
 

This takes place after Wishing. It's a month after Chandler and Monica met. They had their first date in Florida. They were supposed to go out the next day, but Chandler stood her up. Wanna find out why? Here goes.......
 

Monica was dressed and ready to go to work. She had just gotten off the phone with a friend of hers from work. She was trying to set Monica up with someone. She had met the guy and everything, but she just wasn't interested. Even though she thought he was cute, she thought he was too into himself. She noticed that he carried a small mirror in his pocket, and he kept looking at himself about every ten minutes or so. Her friend from work accused her of being too picky. She knew what kind of guy she liked, and he wasn't it.

When Monica walked into the restaurant she heard someone calling her name. When she turned around, her jaw dropped. There he was, standing there looking absolutely gorgeous. He was in a suit. He was standing there with his hands in his pockets. Suddenly an older attractive women stands next to him and she hesitantly walks over to them.

"What are you doing here?" Chandler asked.

"I live here. What about you?"

"I live here too."

"Oh my God!"

"I know. Small world." Chandler said.

"Hi, my name is Nora. I'm Chandler's mother." She said shaking Monica's hand.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"You're prettier than I thought you were."

"Mom."

"Oh stop it Chandler. I've heard so much about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why don't you have dinner with us?"

"I wish I could, but I can't."

"Why not?" Chandler asked.

"Well, because I work here. I'm a chef."

"Really? That's great. Listen, can I call you sometime?"

"Sure." She said smiling.

Nora took out a small piece of paper and Monica wrote down her number.

"Well guys, I would love to stay and chat, but my boss is looking at me."

"It nice seeing you again." Chandler said gazing into her eyes.

"Same here. Nice to meet you Nora."

"You too dear."

Chandler watched her as she walked away. He needed to explain to her that he didn't stand her up that night in Florida. He was expecting her to be a little mad at him still, but she looked happy to see him again. Nora had just met Monica, but she liked her already. She saw how Chandler's eyes lit up when he saw her. There was definite chemistry between them.

"Chandler, she's gone now." Nora said smiling. You can stop drooling."

Chandler smiled and the waiter showed them to their table.

Later that night while Monica was sitting on the couch reading, the phone rang. She reached over and answered it.

"Hello."

"Hi, can I speak to Monica?"

"This is her."

"Hi, this is Chandler."

"Hi Chandler." She said grinning.

"So, how are you?"

"I'm fine. You?"

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"I wasn't expecting you to call."

"Oh. You didn't want me to?"

"No no, it's not that. I'm glad you called."

"Monica, I just want you to know, that I didn't stand you up that night."

"Don't worry about it."

"I know you must have been thinking the worst of me."

"Well, I was."

"I figured. Cassandra's grandfather passed away and she was really upset. When I went to your hotel, they said that you had left."

"I came looking for you."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I went to the beach and waited for hours."

"And I was waiting at the hotel." He said smiling.

She sat there listening to his voice. She didn't say much because she was nervous and couldn't think of much to say to him. He invited her to a comedy club where he'll be performing next week. They made a date for the weekend and he promised her that this time he wouldn't stand her up. She gave him her address and they hung up. She tried not to get too excited, but she couldn't help herself. She thought that he was incredibly cute and sexy. He said that he would take her to dinner so she got up off the couch and went into her room to pick out something to wear.

Monica had just finished cleaning up the kitchen when her friend Sonya entered.

"Monica, there is this gorgeous guy waiting for you." Sonya said smiling.

"What?"

"You heard me?"

"Well, who is it?" She asked suspiciously.

"It's nobody I'm trying to hook you up with, so relax."

Monica walked out of the kitchen and into the restaurant area. Chandler was sitting at a table with his back to her. She walked over to him and touch him on the shoulder. He turned around and smiled at her.

"Hi." She said gazing into his eyes.

"I hope you don't mind me coming here."

"No of course not."

"Good." He said grinning.

Being that it was a nice night, Chandler wanted to walk her back to her apartment. She was only a couple blocks from work. They talked as they were slowly walking to her apartment. He walked her to her door, and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. She thanked him for walking her home and he left. She stood outside her apartment door for a few seconds after he was gone, smiling to herself. She then opened the door and went into her apartment.

By the time the weekend arrived, Monica was nervous. She talked to him on the phone all week and he came to pick her up from work a few times, but she still couldn't keep calm. She was dressed, but she was still looking in her closet for something else to where. Just as she was about to take off her dress, she heard a knock at the door. She forced herself to calm down as she walked towards the door. She opened the door expecting it to be Chandler, but it was Ross.

"Oh, it's only you."

"Thanks." He said walking in.

"Wow, so who's the guy? You didn't tell me you had a date tonight."

"How do I look? Is it too much?"

"No, you look gorgeous."

"I have to change." She said heading towards her room.

As soon as she stepped into her room, there was a knock at the door. Ross went over and opened the door.

"Hi, is Monica here?" Chandler asked.

"Yeah, come on in."

Just as Chandler walked in, Monica walked out of her room. They looked at each other and smiled. She was wearing red from head to toe. Her hair was short and curly with two small red clips in the front. She had on a red dress, red purse, and red shoes.

"Chandler, this is my brother Ross. Ross this is Chandler." She said walking into the kitchen where he stood.

"So, where did you two meet?"

"Ross."

"What?"

"We met in Florida actually." Chandler said.

"Really? Mon you didn't tell me that."

"We'll talk about this later. We have reservations." Monica said.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later Mon." Ross said leaving the apartment.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Ready when you are." She said linking her arm around his.

When Monica looked up from her menu, she noticed that Chandler was staring at her.

"What?"

"I forgot to mention that you really look gorgeous."

"So do you." She said blushing.

She tried to avoid his eyes as much as possible, but she couldn't. She found his eyes hypnotizing, and so was his smile.

"You know, I have an extra ticket, you can ask your brother if he wants to come next week."

"Okay."

"Monica, you don't talk much. You must not like me or something." He said jokingly to loosen her up.

"Of course I like you. I just get really nervous around you."

"Why?"

"I don't know. This doesn't usually happen."

"Oh."

"I mean, it's not a bad thing."

"Oh good." He said grinning.

After dinner they went to the movies. He held her hand the entire time they were there. When they were in their seats he kept glancing at her. With her hand in his, he occasionally caressed her hand, which was turning her on. Never before had a simple touch turned her on like this. She was surprised. With him caressing her hand, she found it difficult to concentrate on the movie. The movie was two hours long, and the only time he let go of her hand, was when he opened a door for her. When they were back at her apartment, she invited him in. Part of her wasn't sure if she should invite him in. She wasn't sure she'd be able to control herself. They sat on the couch and talked for a little while, and she was starting to feel more comfortable around him. Him being funny put her at ease. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so nervous on a date before.

An hour later she walked him to the door. He softly kissed her on the cheek and she opened the door for him to leave. When the door was closed and he was gone, she leaned against it and sighed. She wanted to kiss him. She didn't know why, but she opened the door and saw him standing there about to knock. They smiled at each other and he leaned in and slowly kissed her. Her hands dropped to her sides while he gently put his right hand on her waist, and his left hand behind her head. When the kiss became slower and he slipped his tongue in her mouth, she put her hands to his face. She was completely calm now. She didn't want him to stop kissing her. When they pulled apart a minute later she gave him a soft peck on the lips and touched his face.

"Thanks a lot Chandler. I had a good time."

"Me too." He said gazing into her eyes.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. I'll call you when I get home."

She watched him walk down the stairs. When he was gone, she closed the door. When their lips first touched, she wanted to pull him inside and keep him there. She was feeling things that she had never felt before. He was really sweet, funny, and charming. She could definitely see the two of them getting serious.

That next week Monica and Ross went to the Laugh Factory (Comedy club). They thought that his act was hilarious, and so did the audience. He received a standing ovation. Monica was really impressed with Chandler. He worked as a Data Processor during the day, and worked at the comedy club on weekends. Him being a Data Processor was only to pay the bills, but him doing comedy was his passion. Ross really liked Chandler. The two of them made plans to go to a knicks game the week after. She was glad that Ross liked him. She didn't want to have to deal with him giving her a hard time about another one of her male friends. He wasn't her boyfriend yet, but she wanted him to be.

In the months that followed, Chandler and Monica became closer. They were inseparable. They weren't officially an item, but they were close to it. Chandler wanted Monica to be his girlfriend, but he was afraid. Not only was he afraid of commitment, but he was afraid that once they got together officially, they wouldn't be as close. He wanted to tell her what he was feeling, but he was a little embarrassed. He thought about all the failed relationships he'd been in and he didn't want that for him and Monica. He adored her. They haven't even slept together yet. The closer they became, the more difficult it was became for him to control himself. He loved the touch of her hands, the feel of her lips against his, and the innocent look in her eyes. She was definitely the woman he'd been waiting for, for so long......
 

STAY TUNED AS CHANDLER AND MONICA GET EVEN CLOSER......

IN ~PURE LOVE~