WISHING

by Creassya
 
 

This is my LOVE series. It takes place sometime in season 3. The gang hasn't met yet. This series will take place starting from season three and further. In this story Chandler and Monica meet for the first time. Monica lives in apartment twenty, and Chandler lives in Long Island.
 

Monica is sitting in her hotel room in Miami Florida. She was a little sad. Everywhere she looked, she saw couples in love. She hadn't been in a relationship in four months. She missed the championship. She missed having a boyfriend. She and Ross were there for a Paleontology convention. She had no intention of taking part in the convention. She just wanted to take a week vacation. They had arrived the day before, and so far she wasn't enjoying herself. She got up off the bed and went out on the balcony. She spotted a gorgeous guy standing by himself and she smiled. Suddenly a girl came running up to him and they started kissing. She frowned up her face and went back in and sat on the bed. She put on her headphones and laid on the bed. She was listening to the song, Somebody's Somebody, by Christina Aguilera.

Somebody's Somebody

Watchin` lovers walkin
Hand in hand they pass me by
Wish I was one of them
Wish I had somebody
Wakin` up beside me
Looking into my eyes at night
I want a love to call my own
I want someone that I can hold
Want someone wanting me
I Wanna feel how it feels to be

Somebody's somebody
Someone's someone
Some sweet lover's lover
I wanna be that one
Someone faithful to someone faithful
Someone kind to someone kind to me
Somebody to somebody who loves me
Who loves me

Spending all of my time
Spending all my time on me
Where is that someone who
I can give my time to
Searching for that lover
With the love that will change my life
I want two arms to hold me close
I want the thing I need the most
Somebody needing me
So I can feel how it feels to be

Somebody's somebody
Someone's someone
Some sweet lover's lover
I wanna be that one
Someone faithful to someone faithful
Someone kind to someone kind to me
Somebody to somebody who loves me
Who loves me

What I'm looking for
Is someone to love me more
Than I've been loved before
With love so right
What I need to find
Is someone to hold me tight
What I mean is I want to be
Somebody's somebody

Chandler is sitting on the beach waiting for his friends. When he saw them walking toward him, he stood up. They began setting up the net and picking teams to play volleyball. He noticed his friend Michael checking the beach for women. Chandler tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention back on the game they were about to play. There were four players on each side. His ex-girlfriend was flirting with one of his friends to make him jealous. When she saw that it didn't phase him, she tried even harder, which only made Chandler shake his head and grin. He was happy that they weren't together anymore. He was tired of dealing with selfish women. He wanted a woman who was not only pretty, but someone who was strong, passionate, loving, understanding, and sweet.

Monica got tired of hanging out in her hotel room, so she put on her bathing suit and headed to the beach. When she arrived at the beach, Michael noticed her right away, but Chandler didn't. She laid her towel in the sand, put on her sunglasses, and laid down. Chandler jerked Michael's attention back to the game. Twenty minutes later, the ball landed next to Monica while she was asleep. Chandler ran over to get the ball, but he stood there staring at her for a few seconds until she woke up.

She woke up and noticed a gorgeous guy standing over her, so she lifted her head up, and took off her sunglasses.

"I'm sorry, could you hand me that ball?" Chandler asked.

She handed him the ball without a word. He smiled and went back to his friends. She was a little disappointed. She thought he was coming over to talk to her. She sat up and watched him and his friends playing volleyball. Suddenly Ross comes over and sits next to her. He was telling her about some girl that he met at the hotel. She was pretending to be interested in what he was saying, but all she wanted to do was to tell Ross to go somewhere. She didn't want the guys on the beach to think that she had a boyfriend.

Chandler and Michael were watching Monica.

"Man, it's too bad she has a boyfriend." Michael said.

"I know. She's gorgeous." Chandler said.

Chandler's ex-girlfriend Tanya noticed him staring and became jealous. They had broken up two months ago, and she wanted him back. When he rejected her she began flirting with men around him to get him jealous. Michael went on to talk to some woman who walked by them, but Chandler couldn't take his eyes off Monica. He watched her the entire time she talked to Ross. He didn't want to continue the game so the others played without him.

Shortly after Ross left the beach, Monica got up and began walking the beach. Michael noticed that she was alone so he went over to talk to her. While he was talking to her, she was looking around for Chandler. She didn't really want to talk to Michael because she saw him talking to other women on the beach. She didn't trust him. He was the kind of guy who was only after one thing. She was never attracted to guys like that. She didn't want to be rude and tell him to get lost, but that's what she felt like doing.

When Chandler noticed Michael talking to Monica he immediately went over to them. They were walking slowly, so it didn't take him long to catch up to them.

"Is that guy bothering you miss?" Chandler asked sneaking up on them.

She looked at him and smiled.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi, my name is Chandler."

"Nice to meet you Chandler." Monica said.

"Hey, you didn't say that when I introduced myself."

"Maybe she doesn't like you." Chandler said jokingly.

"She likes me. Don't you?" He asked smiling.

"Don't make me answer that." Monica teased.

Michael looked at Chandler and smiled. He gave him a thumbs up signal. It was his way of telling Chandler to go for it.

"Well, I can see that there are other women out here who might like me. Monica, it was nice to meet you." Michael said.

He looked at Chandler again and left.

"I'm sorry about him. He hits on every girl he sees."

"What about you?"

"I'm not like that. I know guys always say that, but in my case, it's actually true. I probably get date maybe once a year, if I'm lucky."

"I find that hard to believe." Monica said laughing.

"Why is that so hard to believe?" He asked grinning.

"I don't know."

She wanted to tell him how gorgeous he was, but she stopped herself. He walked her back to her hotel. He wanted to walk her up to her hotel room, but he didn't want her to get the wrong impression. She thanked him for walking her back and he left. The next day when she went back on the beach, she didn't see him. She stayed there for hours. When she didn't see any sign of him, she decided to leave. While she was walking, Tanya came up to her.

"Hi."

"Hi." Monica said back.

"You're not here for Chandler are you?"

"Why?"

"Well, I don't think you'd be interested in him."

"Oh?"

"Well, let me put it to you like this....he dumps more women than you can count. He's not very sensitive to women's needs. He and Michael love women. It's all they think about. Especially when we come to the beach. It's like they're in competition with each other. I mean, you saw how they ran up to you yesterday."

"Yeah." Monica said disappointed.

"As a woman I just hate to see other women being treated like a piece of meat." Tanya said.

"I see what you mean."

"Well, just think about what I said. Bye."

As Monica walked back to the hotel she thought about what Tanya said about Chandler. She thought that he was such a nice guy. Even though she didn't know him that well, she couldn't see him behaving the way his friend Michael was. When she got to her room she changed into her night clothes and got into bed. It was only 9pm, so she decided to watch TV until she fell asleep.

Chandler saw Monica getting off the elevator. He smiled and went over to talk to her.

"Hi Monica."

"Hi Chandler. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight or tomorrow night."

"I'm sorry, I can't."

"Oh that's right, you have a boyfriend. I'm sorry, I totally forgot." He said feeling embarrassed.

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"You don't? Then who was that guy you were talking to on the beach?"

"That was my brother. He was telling me about some girl he met." She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh." He said relieved.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"Are you like your friend Michael?"

"No, what makes you ask that?"

"I heard that you were."

"From who?"

"I don't know her name. She was playing volleyball with you a couple days ago."

"I don't believe her." He said angrily. She's my ex-girlfriend. She doesn't exactly like the idea of me dating or being interested in someone."

"Oh."

"Look, I'll talk to you later." He said leaving.

Chandler approached his friend Michael's beach house angry. He saw Tanya sitting on the couch along with his other friends.

"Tanya, can I speak with you for a minute?"

"Why?"

"Tanya I'm mean it!"

"I don't feel like talking right now."

"Why the hell did you tell Monica that I act like Michael?"

"Chandler..."

"Let's get this straight Tanya, we're over okay...over!" He said going into the guest room and slamming the door.

"You are such a bitch." Cassandra said.

Michael looked at her and shook his head. Cassandra got up and knocked on the door.

"Chandler, are you okay?"

"I just want to be left alone." He said softly.

"I'll be back." Cassandra said.

Monica was on the elevator later that night coming from her room. She was informed that she had a visitor waiting for her in the lobby. She expected it to be Chandler but it wasn't. It was a female.

"Monica." She said coming up to her.

"Hi."

"You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Chandler's."

"Oh." Monica said looking away.

"Listen the girl that you talked to earlier is Chandler's ex-girlfriend. She does thing to purposely hurt him. She flirts with other guys right in front of him to get him jealous. She saw that he liked you and she took upon herself to stand in the way. He's one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet, and I'm not just saying that because he's a friend. He doesn't even know that I'm here."

"I thought he was a nice guy, but then she started telling me that he dumps more girls than I can count."

"That's not true. He's nothing like Michael. Are you interested in Chandler at all?"

"Well, yeah." She said smiling.

"Good. Don't let Tanya get to you."

"Thanks. What's your name by the way?"

"Cassandra."

"Thanks Cassandra."

"No problem."

The next night Chandler was waiting in the lobby to take her out. He took her sight seeing and they ended up on the beach later that night. The sat in the sand sat and talked. They had made plans to get together the next day. While he was talking, she couldn't take her eyes off him. He had the bluest eyes and the most gorgeous smile she'd ever seen. She liked his dimples. When they looked into each other's eyes, she wanted to kiss him, but it was the first date, and she didn't want him to think that she was easy. She broke her gaze and looked away. They talked for a few more hours, then he walked her back to her room. She was really looking forward to their next date. She smiled thinking about him. Not only was he cute, but he was also funny and charming. And also a gentlemen.

Monica waited in the lobby for Chandler the next night, but he didn't show up. She wondered where he was, so she went to the beach to look for him, but she didn't have any luck finding him. She eventually gave up and went back to the hotel. The next couple days that she was there, she didn't hear from him. On the plan back to New York she thought about what Tanya told her about him, and also what Cassandra told her. She believed Cassandra until he stood her up the very next night. She figured that it was probably for the best. She didn't even tell him that she was going back to New York. She had forgotten to mention that she didn't live in Florida. She had a really good time with him and he seemed like a gentlemen. Maybe he really was like his friend she thought.

When she returned home, she didn't even unpack. She sat on her couch wishing that she had someone to come home to. She was tired of going out with losers. She wanted to be with someone where there was a future. In the weeks that followed, she thought about Chandler a lot. She couldn't understand why she thought about him so much. She barely knew him or anything about him. She figured that the reason she was thinking about him was because she was lonely. She sat by the window in her apartment wondering what happened to him that night.........
 
 

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE

A FAMILIAR FACE