MOVING ALONG

BY CREASSYA
 

This takes place after Baby Plans. Monica is now five months pregnant and she's beginning to show. Rachel is preparing to move out so that Monica can began to decorate the nursery for the baby. Being that the baby is four months away, Chandler decides to put in overtime at work, so that they can have some extra money for when the baby comes.
 

Chandler walked into Monica's room and watched her as she dressed. He smiled as she struggled to fit into her clothes. She turned around and noticed him smiling.

"Need some help?"

"I barely have a stomach. I should be able to fit into these clothes."

"Monica, have you forgotten that your breast have gotten bigger?" He asked with a grin.

"I know, but I thought I could still fit in this shirt."

"Looks like it's time to start buying maternity clothes."

"I know."

Chandler came over to her and put his arms around her waist as she stood and looked at herself in the mirror. He smiled at her and softly kissed her neck as he stood behind her. He looked at her in the mirror and put his hands on her stomach. Her stomach was small, and you could barely tell that she was pregnant.

"Will you still love me when I'm fat?"

"Of course I will."

He kissed her and went over to sit on the bed.

"I don't think I can go. Nothing fits me anymore."

"I think you're making excuses so you don't have to see your parents."

"You know me too well." She said sitting next to Chandler.

When she leaned in to kiss him, Rachel slowly opened the door.

"Am I interrupting anything?"

"No." Monica said.

"Good." Rachel said coming in.

Rachel had a few bags in her hand and she sat them on Monica's bed.

"What's all this Rach?" Chandler asked standing up.

"What did you buy this time?" Monica asked.

"It's not for me. It's for you."

"For me?"

"Yeah."

Rachel started taking out the clothes that were in bags and laying them on the bed.

"All this is for me?"

"Yeah. You can't keep squeezing in your clothes Mon."

"Thank you Rach." She said hugging her.

Rachel bought her four outfits and three overalls. Monica hugged her again minutes later with tears in her eyes. When Rachel broke the hug, she noticed that Monica was crying.

"What's wrong Mon?"

"She's okay. She's just been a little emotional lately.

"Oh. So, you like everything?"

"I love it." She said, wiping her tears.

"Good. Well, I have to go apartment hunting. I'll see you guys later."

"Okay. And thanks again Rach."

"No problem."

When Rachel left the room, Chandler went over to her and kissed her. She broke the kiss and looked into his gorgeous blue eyes and smiled.

"Well, now that you have some new maternity clothes, we can go to your parents house now."

"I can say that I got sick and we can see them another day."

"We might as well get it over with."

"I don't feel like dealing with them today."

"Okay. If you want, I'll call them and tell them we can't make it."

"You would do that for me?" She said getting teary eyed again.

"Of course I would honey." He said putting his hands to her face.

Chandler went into the living room to call Monica's parents, while she folded her clothes and put them away. When he got off the phone with Judy, Joey walked in.

"Hey, where's Mon?"

"In her room. Why?"

"Oh, Phoebe's coming over. She wanted to make sure that she was here."

"Yeah, we were supposed to have dinner with Monica's parents, but she didn't feel like going."

"Is she feeling okay?"

"Yeah."

Monica stood in the mirror with her shirt pulled up looking at her stomach. She smiled at her reflection. Each day she was getting closer to becoming a mother. She didn't know what she having yet, but she already loved the person she was carrying inside her. This unknown person was part her and part Chandler. Each day, the love for Chandler and their unborn child grew stronger. They never imagined starting a family so soon, but in four months, they would have a new son or daughter, and they were happy.

A few weeks later Monica, was sitting on her bed reading a magazine, when Chandler entered her room. He had just gotten off work. He went over and gave her a kiss. After he kissed her, he took off his suit, and hung it up in Monica's closet. He then got in bed next to her as she was sitting up against the bed post.

"Tired sweetie?"

"Yeah."

"You've been working too much overtime."

"We could use the extra money."

"I know. I'm working too. I've been putting money in the bank."

"You're just saying all this because you miss me." He said grinning.

"I do miss you. I never see you anymore."

"I miss you too honey."

"So, for the next couple days, can you come home on time?"

"Yeah, I can do that."

"Good,' she said leaning in to kiss him.

The next day, while Monica was cleaning the apartment, the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hi honey."

"Hi sweetie. You working hard or hardly working?"

"Hardly working."

"Oh My God!" Monica said, holding her stomach.

"What's wrong Mon?"

"The baby just kicked." She said smiling.

"Really? Has it happened before?"

"No. It's the first time."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, it doesn't hurt."

"Well, honey, I'll be there soon, my boss wants to talk to me."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

Five minutes later, Rachel walked in and sat at the kitchen table Monica walked over to her and sat across from her.

"What's wrong Rach?"

"I still can't find a place."

"There's no rush for you to move out."

"I know, but in less than four months from now, the baby will be here and you need the extra room."

"Well, what about Phoebe? Can't you stay with her?"

"No. She's gonna be moving soon. Her rent just went up and she's looking for something cheaper. I told her that I could help out, but she doesn't wanna stay there."

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"We went looking for a two bedroom apartment together, but we couldn't find anything."

"You'll find something, don't worry."

Chandler walked into Monica and Rachel's apartment while Monica was sitting at the kitchen table eating.

"Feeding your face again huh?"

"Hi. I thought you weren't gonna stay late."

"I wasn't."

"What happened?"

"Well, I just found out that I'll be transferred again."

"What!"

"I know."

"Where to?"

"Florida."

"Oh." Monica said, feeling as if someone had knocked her over.

"Mon, I want you to come with me."

Monica looked at him in shock.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't wanna be away from you and the baby." He said, taking her by the hands.

"I would love to go with you."

"You would?" He asked amazed.

"Yeah. I don't think that we should live together just yet though."

"I know. They're paying for everything, so I'll just get you an apartment. Two bedroom. My apartment is gonna be taken care of."

"Well, I'll pay for it. You don't have to sweetie."

"Why can't you let me pay for it?"

"Because, I wanna do it."

"Mon, I don't have to pay for my apartment. So just let me get you one." He said softly.

"You do so much for me already Chandler."

"I'm supposed to."

"Okay, but I'm paying the rent, and all the utilities."

"Fine."

"So, when do we have to move?"

"Well, if we move within the next couple months, they'll pay for everything, but if we leave later, I'll have to pay for half of the expenses. They need me right away. It's up to us."

"It's up to you." Monica said.

"Do you wanna leave before or after the baby's born?" He asked.

"Well, if they're gonna pay for everything, we might as well move as soon as possible."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Monica said smiling.

Chandler took her hands in his and leaned in to kiss her. He didn't think that it would be this easy talking her into coming to Florida with him. He looked into her eyes and smiled.

A week later Chandler and Monica entered his and Joey's apartment. The gang turned around as Monica closed the door behind them.

"So, what are you having?" Joey asked.

"A girl." Chandler said with cute smile.

"Really? Phoebe said.

"Yeah." Monica said looking at Chandler.

"So, Mon, you didn't tell what the baby's name is."

"Oh, her name is Jasmine Chandler Bing." Monica said.

"That's so pretty." Phoebe said.

"Thanks."

"I can't believe you guys are moving." Ross said.

"Don't worry, we'll keep in touch." Chandler said, putting his arm around Monica.

"We're gonna miss you guys." Rachel said.

"We'll miss you too." Chandler said.

"Why can't you guys stay here until the baby's born?" Rachel said.

"We already explained everything."

"I know, but, we wanna to see her when she's born."

"You can always come out to visit." Monica pointed out.

"You just have an answer for everything don't you?" Joey asked.

"Not really Joe." Chandler said rolling his eyes.

A couple days later, Monica was in her bedroom looking through some boxes when Chandler walked in.

"Mon, what are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just going through some stuff."

"Shouldn't I be doing that?"

"No. These aren't your clothes." She said going over to him.

"I know, but I should help or something. You're not supposed to be doing too much."

"Chandler, I'm pregnant, not handicapped."

"Right." He said smiling.

When he and Monica sat down on the bed, he put his hand on her stomach. When he started rubbing her belly, the baby kicked.

"Whoa!"

"You feel that?" Monica asked smiling.

"Oh my God! Are you sure it doesn't hurt?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"That's amazing." He said gazing into Monica's eyes.

"I know."

"I still can't believe that we're gonna be parents." Chandler said.

"I can't either. You think we'll make better parents than our parents?"

"I sure hope so."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"What made you wanna give the baby my last name?"

"I don't know, just wanted her to have it."

Chandler smiled and kissed her softly on the mouth. He knew that one day Monica would also have his last name. The thought of marriage scared him a little, but he was becoming less and less afraid of the idea. He still felt that he had a ways to go before he would ask for her hand in marriage. He couldn't ask for a better woman to spend his life with. He wasn't really sure of when he'd be ready to make that big step, but he loved Monica, and definitely wanted her for his wife.
 

CHANDLER AND MONICA PREPARE TO MOVE IN......

LEAVING HOME