*BABY PLANS*
~~~~~~~~~~~~
BY CREASSYA
 
 

This takes place after Welcome Home Chandler. Monica is now in her fourth month of pregnancy. As they get adjusted to things being back to normal after Keith, they began to plan ahead for the future.
 

Chandler was waiting for Monica outside the restaurant. He was excited about going to the doctors with her. He couldn't go with her a month ago because he was still in the hospital. When Monica came outside, his face lit up. She greeted him with a kiss and they were on their way.

Monica was sitting on the examining table while Chandler paced back and forth across the small room. He was a little nervous and excited at the same time. She watched him without saying a word. She tried to fight off a smile, but he noticed.

"What are you smiling for?" He asked trying to stay still.

"I'm just watching you walk back and forth."

"I don't know why I'm so nervous."

"It'll be fine sweetie."

"You'll have to excuse me. I've never done this before."

"Neither have I."

"I should probably chill out huh?"

"Probably." She said with a smile.

When the doctor came into the small room, Chandler stood still with his hands in his pockets.

"How are we today?" Dr. Thompson asked.

"We're fine." Monica said looking at Chandler."

"Are you the father?"

"Yeah."

"Good, I'm Dr. Thompson." He said extending his hand to him.

"I'm Chandler."

"It's nice to meet you. And don't worry about anything, I'm a very good Doctor." He said with a smile.

Chandler smiled and began to relax.

"I sure hope so." Chandler said.

"Of course I am. Just relax. You seem more nervous than the expectant mother." Dr. Thompson teased.

"He is, but he'll be fine."

"Good, now that we're aquatinted Chandler, let's get started.

Minutes later, Chandler was holding Monica's hand while they looked at the baby on the monitor. He was speechless. What he was seeing in front of him was truly amazing. He found himself getting misty eyed, while Monica was all smiles. He looked at Monica and then back at the screen. He squeezed Monica's hand. Watching his unborn child on screen made him feel proud. He was with the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, and she was carrying his child. Things couldn't get any better than this.

Dr. Thompson glanced at Chandler, looking from Monica to the monitor, and back again, with pride in his eyes. He liked seeing the expressions on the faces of first time expectant fathers. He had seen so many mothers come to their monthly visits without the father by their side. He knew how important it was for expectant mothers to have the full support of the father.

Once the monitor was off, and the gel had been wiped from her stomach, she sat up and Chandler put his arm around her and softly kissed her cheek.

"Well, everything looks fine. Now that you're in the fourth month, we can breath a sigh of relief."

"Why is that?" Chandler asked.

"Well, the first three months of pregnancy are critical. So much can go wrong. Most miscarriages take place within the first three months." Dr. Thompson explained.

"So, they're both fine right? Monica and the baby?"

"Yeah, they're fine."

When the doctor left the room, Chandler and Monica looked at each other. He put his hands to her face and gently kissed her.

"I love you Monica."

"I love you too sweetie."

When they arrived home, the gang was sitting in the living room.

"So how did it go?" Rachel asked.

"Everything is fine." Monica answered.

"So, when are we gonna go baby shopping?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know."

"Well, let's go now. No since waiting until the baby's born." Phoebe said.

"Phoebe, we have plenty of time." Chandler said putting his arm around Monica.

"Chandler, the baby will be here in only five months. We need to get started right now." Rachel pointed out.

"Yeah, while they're out shopping, we could have some fun of our own." Joey said with a smirk on his face.

"Joey, are you thinking about going to a strip club?" Monica asked.

"Of course!"

"Joey, you do remember that you're dating Phoebe right?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah."

"He can go. I don't mind."

"You two have a weird relationship. Rachel said with a frown.

"We know." Phoebe said.

Joey kissed Phoebe softly on the lips and she whispered something in his ear that made him blush. Chandler and Ross looked at each other and then back at Joey.

"What? I'm not telling you what she said."

"Okay guys, let's get a move on." Rachel said heading for the door.

"I'll see you later sweetie." Monica called to him as she was half way out the door.

"All right. Have fun." Chandler yelled back.

"And I'll see you later....lov-er." Phoebe said to Joey.

Joey smiled as she closed the door behind them. Chandler and Ross looked at Joey strangely.

"I'm still not telling you what she said."

Later that night Monica walked into Chandler and Joey's apartment. Phoebe was going into Joey's room when she entered.

"Hey Phoebe, is Chandler here?"

"Yeah."

When Monica entered Chandler's room, he was lying on his back asleep. She quietly walked over to the bed and stood there for a few seconds. She smiled at the gorgeous guy on the bed. It wasn't that long ago that the two of them consummated their relationship. She had tried to sleep with him shortly after they discussed their feeling for each other. She was a little surprised that he wanted to wait. He took into consideration that she had just gotten out of a bad relationship. He wanted to take things slow, and she appreciated that about him. He had a strong charismatic way about him, which made her fall head over heals in love with him. Not only was he suave at times, but he was really sexy in kind of a playful way. She sat on the bed and touched his face softly. She felt lucky to have him in her life. She smiled thinking about the first night they made love. She couldn't get enough of him that night. It was the night that the baby was conceived. Even though they had sex numerous times that night, she knew that the second time they made love was when she had gotten pregnant. They had used protection each time except for the second time. She remembered being on top of him as he climaxed inside of her. She slowly climbed on top of him and began kissing him softly until he opened his eyes.

He opened his eyes and returned the kiss. He gently stroked her hair and rubbed her back. He then rolled Monica onto her back and laid on top of her. He looked into her eyes and smiled.

"Did I wake you?" She asked rubbing his back.

"Nah, I was just resting my eyes."

"Okay." She said smiling.

He kissed her again, but then pulled back.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not hurting you am I?"

"No, of course not."

"Are you sure?" He asked touching her stomach.

"I'm fine. We're fine."

"Are we gonna be able to....y'know?"

"Yeah, the doctor said we can."

"You asked him?"

"Yeah."

"I can't believe I forgot to ask him." Chandler said.

"You don't believe me?"

"Yeah, I believe you." He said touching her face.

A few days later, Rachel walked in while Monica was looking a baby book she had just gotten.

"Hey Mon."

"Hey Rach."

"Mon, I was thinking, the baby's gonna be here soon, and you'll need the extra room. I'm gonna start looking for a place."

"Okay."

"I still can't believe you're gonna be a mother." Rachel said smiling.

"I know, me either."

"So, when will you know what it is?"

"Well, it's too soon now, but I guess in a couple more months."

"I know you want a girl, but what about Chandler?"

"He wants a girl too."

"Awwwww."

"I know, it's still early, but, I was wondering if you could be the God mother."

"Oh my God! I would love to!" Rachel said hugging her.

"I haven't asked Phoebe yet, but I want her to be the other God mother."

"This is so cool."

"What's so cool?" Chandler asked walking in.

"Monica just asked me to be the God mother."

"Phoebe too right?" Chandler asked, taking a seat next to Monica.

"I will."

"Good."

Later that day, Monica was in Chandler and Joey's apartment sitting at the counter when Phoebe came in carrying a box of pizza.

"Hey Mon, I brought you something to eat."

"Thanks Pheebs."

"You didn't buy a couple boxes for Joey?"

"We just came back from eating pizza. He's at the coffeehouse with Ross. Where's Chandler?"

"He's in his room sleep. You weren't home when I called, so I figured I'd just wait for you here."

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. I want you and Rach to be the baby's God mother."

"Really? Oh that would be so great!"

"Great." Monica said taking a bite of her pizza.

"So, are you and Chandler spending the night here?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"Well, because me and Joey kinda wanted the place to ourselves, but if you are, we can go to my place."

"No problem, me and Chandler can stay across the hall tonight." Monica said smiling.

"Thanks, you're the best."

"I know."

Later that night, Chandler was in Monica's room writing when she came in.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just thinking of some baby names." He said handing her the paper he was writing on.

She looked at the paper and smiled.

"I like this one."

"Which one."

"Jasmine."

"Yeah, I like that one the best."

"I don't see any boy names here."

"Sorry, I guess I just got carried away with the girl names." He said grinning.

"It's okay, but just in case, we should think of some boy names too."

"You're right. How about Chandler, Jr." He said.

"I don't think so." She sat sitting on the bed.

"Why? What's wrong with the name Chandler?"

"Nothing sweetie. I like the name Chandler, but I was thinking....maybe we should name the girl that."

"What?"

"Yeah. Jasmine Chandler Bing."

"Hey, I like that." He said.

"We're doing it again." She said smiling.

"I know. Okay, we have girl name picked out, now we just have to pick a boy name. Know of any?" He asked.

"What about Jack, after my father."

"I don't think so."

"Okay....Jason."

"It sounds like a mass murderer who kills people on Friday the 13th."

"Oh come on Chandler."

"I'm serious."

"Okay, you think of a name."

"Let's see.....um....Josh."

"Josh...sounds okay."

"So, are we going with Josh?"

"It's okay, but I wanna think about some more."

"Okay."

"So, we're going with Jasmine Chandler Bing?"

"Yeah." He said smiling.

"Good. That was pretty easy."

"Mon, where is the baby gonna sleep?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, Rachel's moving out. She told me that she was gonna start looking for place to live being that the baby's coming."

"Oh good."

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm tired." She said laying on her pillow.

Chandler laid beside her stroking her hair until she fell asleep. Sometimes he couldn't believe just how lucky he was. He watched her as she drifted off to sleep. Being with Monica felt so normal. It was nice having things back to normal between them. Keith had caused so much chaos, that he didn't think that their lives would ever return to normal. He loved Monica with all his heart and he was happy that she was having his baby. They've been dating for less than six months, but they were excited that they were about to become parents, even though they were a little scared. Chandler smiled to himself thinking about his little girl running around looking like her gorgeous mother. He pictured her having dark hair, and blue eyes. He wanted him and Monica to be the kind of parents that they didn't have. He wanted their child to have a good relationship with the both of them, and he secretly vowed that that would happen. He covered her up and turned out the lights. He turned over with his back to her and she put her arm around his waist. He liked when Monica cuddled up next to him at night. Whenever she put her arms around him, it made him feel good. He smiled and soon drifted off to sleep.
 
 
 

WHAT DO YOU THINK MONICA'S GOING TO HAVE?

YOU'LL SOON FIND OUT IN.........MOVING ALONG