WELCOME HOME CHANDLER!

BY CREASSYA
 
 
 

This takes place after Waking Up. Everyone is happy and relieved that Chandler's okay now. Since Chandler has come out of his coma, Monica has been sleeping in her apartment. Things are looking up now, and Chandler's ready to come home.

Monica arrived at the hospital with an over night bag on her shoulder. Chandler was coming out of the bathroom when Monica sat the bag on the bed.

"Hi sweetie. You're walking better."

"Yeah, I feel better too, especially knowing that I'm out of here in ten minutes."

"I'm so glad you're coming home." She said looking into his eyes."

"You and me both."

When Chandler was dressed, the doctor came in.

"Well, Chandler, we're all gonna miss you around here, especially the nurses." The doctor said.

"As long as they don't miss him too much." Monica said.

The doctor stayed and talked to them for ten minutes and then he left. Chandler wanted to know where the rest of the gang was. Monica told him that Ross wasn't home, Joey and Phoebe went somewhere, and Rachel was at the coffeehouse.

When Monica opened the door to her and Rachel's apartment, everyone yelled surprise. Chandler was completely shocked. They came in and closed the door.

"That's why you guys weren't at the hospital." He said hugging his friends.

"Welcome home Chandler." Nora said.

"Thanks Mom." He said hugging her.

Chandler's coworkers were there and the all greeted him warmly as he and Monica came into the apartment. Five minutes later, the music started and Monica lead Chandler to the couch. He said that he felt fine, but Monica insisted that he rest. Two hours into the party Monica pulled Chandler up by the hands so that he could dance with her. A song came on called, You're Always On My Mind (And no it's not by Christina Aguilera guys,lol) It's by a group once called SWV. He held her close as they slow danced.

You're Always On My Mind

Boy I can't seem to get you
Out of my head
But there's something about you
That makes me smile
Don't change
I like the way you make me feel
Can we take our time and do this
For a while

Guy verse:

Girl I never thought I'd
Find someone to love me
Now you're the only one
I want in my life
And the special touch you give
Comes from you only
I guess that's why you're
Always on my mind

You're always on my mind
You're always on my mind
You're always on my mind
You're always on my mind
On my mind

Sometimes I find it hard to
Concentrate
Because thoughts of us
Together through my head
When you're away
It's hard to sleep at night
So my pillow like my thoughts
Of you I hold tight

Guy verse:

Girl I never thought I'd fine
Someone to love me
Now you're the only one
I want in my life
And the special touch you give
Comes from you only
I guess that's why
You're always on my mind

You're always on my mind
You're always on my mind
All the time, all the time
Thinkin bout you baby

Thinkin bout cha
Thinkin bout cha
I can't stop
Thinkin bout cha
Thinkin bout cha
Thinkin bout chat
I can't stop
Thinkin bout cha

You're always on my mind
You're always on my mind
Day and night

Guy and Girl verse:

You got me thinkin
Thinkin of you
You got me thinkin bout
You got me thinkin bout
You
You got me thinkin of you

Thinkin bout cha
Thinkin bout cha
I can't stop
Thinkin bout cha
All I do
Is think of you

When Monica thought Chandler had had enough, she lead him back to the couch and sat with him. While every was dancing and drinking, Chandler and Monica sat on the couch kissing and talking. She was happy to have Chandler back at home. She was sick of that hospital. She practically lived there while he was in a coma. When the party ended, Chandler and Monica went to bed. Phoebe and Rachel cleaned up for her so that she could tend to Chandler. They knew that Monica wouldn't leave the mess there until the morning. As soon as Chandler laid his head against the pillow, he fell asleep. Monica smiled and put her arm around his waist and soon fell asleep.

The next morning Chandler opened his eyes and looked straight up at the ceiling. He had almost forgotten where he was. He felt Monica move, so he turned his head to look at her. He lifted his head up and planted soft kisses on Monica's arm. She had her back to him. When she felt his lips against her right arm, she slowly turned around.

"Hey sweetie." She said smiling.

"How's my sugar lips this morning?" He asked grinning.

"I'm fine. How's my marathon man?" She said touching his face.

"Wow, is that my new nick name?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, what else would I call you?"

"Hey, I'm not complaining." He said giving her a soft kiss.

"I didn't think you would."

"You know me pretty well."

"I think I do Mr. Bing."

"I like marathon man better."

Monica laughed and touched his face once again. She thought that he was so adorable.

"You're thinking about how adorable I am aren't you?" He asked with a slight grin.

"Oh my God! How did you know that?"

"Wow, I was just playing."

"You are too much." Monica said laughing.

"That's not what you usually tell me when we're in bed."

"That's true."

A couple hours later, Monica was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for Chandler. Everyone else had already headed off to work. He was sitting at the kitchen table watching her cook with a smile on his face. She didn't notice until she turned around to pour him some orange juice.

"What with you?" She asked.

"I'm just enjoying the view."

"Okay." She said smiling.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way Mon, but you've put on a few pounds. I like it." He said grinning.

"Oh you do? She said going over to him.

"Yeah."

She smiled and kissed him lovingly on the mouth. She touched his face and went back to cooking. As her back was turned to him he continued to watch her from behind. He didn't know what had gotten into him, but he couldn't help staring at her. She had a glow to her face, and the added weight fell in all the right places. He thought that she was incredibly beautiful. Motherhood was already agreeing with her. When the food was done, she put the plates on the table and washed out the dishes she used, and then she sat down to eat with Chandler. She noticed that he still had a smile on his face.

"What?" She asked with a frown.

"Nothing." He said shoving a forth full of scrambled eggs in his mouth.

"Yeah."

"Okay...."

"No morning sickness today huh?"

"I guess not." She said smiling.

"That's good."

Monica had wondered what had gotten into him all of a sudden. She liked the attention, but she was hoping that he was okay. She liked that he was happy. She had waited by his bed side for a month to see that gorgeous smile again. He was eating his food as if he hadn't eating in years.

"Hungry?"

"It's feel so good to be eating real food."

"I'm sure it can't be that bad."

"You'll see what I'm talking about when you go in the hospital to have the baby."

"That's a while from now." She said with a mouth full of food.

For the rest of the week, Chandler noticed that Monica's appetite had returned and she was experiencing morning sickness anymore. He also noticed that she got tired more easily and she was sleeping more. She had been waiting on Chandler hand and foot. He didn't want her to, but she wanted him to take easy, and he wanted the same for her. She was on the couch asleep with a blanket over her. When Chandler got up to get something to drink from the kitchen, Phoebe and Rachel walked in.

"Hey Chandler, does Monica know you're up and about?" Phoebe asked.

"No, because she's asleep on the couch."

"Oh." Phoebe said lowering her voice.

"Well, I'll be ready in ten minutes Phoebe." Rachel whispered.

"Okay."

"Where are you two going?"

"Oh, we're just going to the movies." Phoebe said.

Rachel tip toed into her room, careful not to wake Monica. Ten minutes later, she tip toed back out. She and Phoebe quietly left. Seconds later, Joey came in.

"Hey Chandler!"

"Shhhh!"

"What are ya shhhhing me for?"

"Monica's asleep on the couch." Chandler said in a low voice.

Monica sat up and looked at them.

"I'm sorry Mon." Joey said.

"It's okay. I slept good."

"You probably would have slept better if Joey hadn't come in here yelling."

"It's okay." Monica said smiling.

Chandler went over to her and kissed her forehead.

"How's my sugar lips?" He whispered in her ear.

Monica laughed.

"What's so funny over there?" Joey asked.

"It's a private joke." Monica said.

"Awww, I wanna know!" Joey said whining.

"Joey!"

"What? I wanna know."

"It's nothing." Chandler said.

"Then what's with all the laughing?"

"We're just silly like that." Chandler said.

"All right. Have your little secret joke." Joey said going in the refrigerator.

Chandler and Monica looked at each other and smiled. Joey was too busy eating to notice. He then leaned over and softly kissed her lips.

"I love you." He whispered.

"And I love you." She whispered back.

At that moment, she wanted to take him in her room and properly welcome him home. She wanted to do that the night he returned, but she didn't think he was up to it. She also didn't want to hurt him in any way.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I was just thinking about how I didn't give you a proper welcome home." She whispered.

"A proper welcome home?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

He smiled at her.

"Well, Joey we're kinda tired." Chandler said standing up.

"So, what are you telling me for?"

"It mean, that I'm going to sleep."

"So."

Chandler looked at Monica and shook his head.

"Joey, we want some privacy." Monica said.

"What for?" He asked biting into his huge sandwich.

"To have sex!" Chandler said.

"Oh, I get it now." Joey said smiling at Chandler.

Joey grabbed his sandwich and headed out the door.

As soon as Joey left, Chandler and Monica looked at each other and hurried into her bedroom and closed the door. (Can't see what's going to happen this time guys,lol)
 
 

NOW THAT CHANDLER'S BACK HOME, LET'S SEE HOW THINGS PROGRESS WITH HIM AND MONICA IN........

*BABY PLANS*
~~~~~~~~~~~~