*WAKING UP*

BY CREASSYA
 
 

This takes place after Sweet Kisses. Monica finally mentioned the baby while talking to Chandler. At first, being pregnant didn't exactly thrill her, but now she's looking forward to motherhood. The last thing that happened, was that Chandler had finally come out of his coma.
 

Monica smiled at Chandler through tears. She was happy and relieved that he had finally waken up. She hugged him tightly, not wanting to let him go. When she broke the hug, she stared into his eyes.

"Let me call the nurse."

"No, let me just look at you for a few minutes okay." He softly.

"I miss you so much Chandler."

"I miss you too." He said squeezing her hand. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Minutes later he was being checked out by a few doctors. While they were checking him out, Monica called Nora. When she got off the phone with his Mom, she called the gang, and they said that they were on their way to the hospital. When the doctors finally cleared out of the room, Monica sat on the bed next to Chandler.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you." She said.

"Not as happy as I am to see you."

Monica leaned over and kissed him as if she hadn't kissed him in ages. He reached his hand around the back her head and she leaned into him a little more. They kissed each other as long as they possible could. When Monica broke the kiss, Chandler touched her face.

"Monica, is everything okay?" He asked softly.

"Now everything's okay."

"I mean, the baby."

Monica smiled at him and put her hand to her cheek.

"Yeah, the baby's fine."

Chandler smiled. It was weird, but he could have sworn that he heard her mention the baby before, but he couldn't remember when. He vaguely remembered what anybody said to him. He heard them somewhat, but he didn't remember what was said. It was like he was half asleep, and half awake.

"Thank God," He said.

"Keith won't be bothering us anymore....I killed him in self defense."

"How do you feel about that?"

"I'm glad that he can't bother us anymore, but, I wish I hadn't been the one to kill him. I just wanted to knock him out."

"Well, you did." He said grinning.

"Yeah, he's out for life."

"Good."

"Chandler....I'm sorry this happened to you."

"Monica, don't blame yourself for this."

"I'm working on it."

"That's what I like to hear." He said.

"You have no idea how much I've missed that smile."

"This old thing?"

"Yeah."

"We're gonna be okay, Mon."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I do."

When the gang arrived, they hugged and kissed him. Nobody mentioned Keith or what happened over a month ago. Nora was sitting on Chandler's right, and Monica, on his left. She held his hand the whole time. At times, he would squeeze her hand and gaze at her lovingly. They all stayed for a while, but they left when visiting hours were over. When he and Monica were talking, the doctor came in.

"Well Monica, am I going to have to fight with you again tonight?"

"What are you talking about?" Chandler asked.

"Ever since you've been in here, she hasn't been sleeping at home."

"She will tonight Doctor."

"Good. You need your rest. Your going to be a mommy. You have to get used to putting yourself last." He pointed out.

"I know."

When the doctor left, Monica looked at Chandler as if she knew what he was about to say to her.

"Mon...."

"I know what you're gonna say."

"Do you? So you're psychic now huh?" He said grinning.

"Pretty much."

"Okay then, what I'm I gonna say?"

"You're gonna tell me that I should go home and sleep in my own bed because I'm pregnant and your worried about me." She said gazing into his eyes.

"Hey that was pretty good."

"I know."

"So, you're not gonna argue with me?"

"No. I just didn't wanna leave your side while you were in a coma." I wanted to be the first person you saw when you woke up."

"I'm glad you were." He said with his eyes sparkling.

"Well, I guess I should get going now." She said.

She leaned over and kissed him very sweetly and lovingly on the mouth. Part of her didn't want to leave without him, but the other part of her was eager to sleep in her bed. When she got up off the bed, she walked to the doorway and looked him.

"I love you." She said smiling.

"I love you too."

She climbed into her bed and pulled the covers over her. She hadn't realized how much she missed her bed until she laid down and closed her eyes. As soon as she drifted off to sleep, the phone rang. She reached over and picked it up.

"Hello." She said in a whisper.

"Hi honey. Sorry I woke you."

"It's okay. I'm glad you called," said laying back down.

"You sure?"

"Of course I'm sure sweetie. Anything wrong?"

"I just needed to hear your voice." He said softly.

"You're so sweet."

"Yeah I know."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon."

"I wish I could be there."

"It's okay. I have to go once a month, so you can come with me next time."

"Okay."

"Chandler, I never asked you what you wanted."

"Huh?"

"The sex of the baby."

"Oh. You have to excuse me, I have a head injury."

"It's okay sweetie.

"I think I want a girl. I want her to be just like you." He said sweetly.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I want her to be like you."

"Are ya sure about that?"

"Yes I am. You don't give yourself enough credit." Monica said.

"You're just saying that because you love me." He said grinning.

"Stop it. You have so many good qualities that I love in a person."

Chandler laid in his hospital bed listening to Monica name all of his good qualities with tears in his eyes. She sounded so sweet and sincere. She named qualities in him that he didn't know existed. Not once, in a relationship, had he been put on a petal stool. It was overwhelming and he couldn't believe how much it touched him to have Monica list the good things about him. He also couldn't believe he had tears in his eyes. At that moment, he wanted to hold her in his arms and keep her there until sunrise. He hadn't realized how little he thought of himself until she pointed out all the good things about him. Being with Monica was good for his self esteem. She made him feel good about himself like no one else had before. She made it easier for him to love her. Her patience and understanding minimized his fear of commitment and filled him with ease and confidence.

Monica listened as Chandler told her how much he loves and adores her. She felt that he was one of the sweetest people she would ever meet. Besides being a gentlemen, he made her feel special and important. She hadn't felt that way before him. Being in his presence filled her with joy. Though they're relationship is fairly new, she definitely saw him as her future husband. Often times, she got ahead of herself and thought that she would eventually marry the guy she was dating at the time, but this time felt different. Chandler treated her like a princess and she adored him. He didn't feel that he needed to shower her with gifts like Keith did, to show her love. She knew how much he loved her. It shows in his eyes. She knew that relationships usually starts off good and sometimes end bad. She didn't want to get too excited or get too ahead of herself this time. She felt that with Chandler's fear of commitment, there could be some setbacks in the relationship down the road. She decided not to worry about that for the time being. For now, she would just focus on him, her, and the baby. She would worry about the other problems in the future.

The next day, Chandler waited for Monica to return to the hospital. Nora went with Monica to the doctor. He wished that he could be there with her. He was watching TV when Phoebe and Joey entered the room. He smiled at them, grateful for some company.

"You look much better." Joey commented.

"Thanks man, and hello to you too. So, how's the lovebirds?"

"Well, we are starting to get on each other's nerves, but we'll be okay." Phoebe said smiling at Joey.

"Don't listen to her Chandler. She can't get enough of the Joey love."

"He's right." She said blushing."

"So, how are you holding up?" Joey asked taking a seat.

"I'm going out of my mind. I'm so bored. And the food is disgusting."

"You'll be out soon. Hang in there." Phoebe said walking over to sit on Joey's lap.

"Well, enough about me, how are you two doing, other than getting on each other's nerves."

"We're having a good time." Joey said with a smirk.

"Just a good time huh?"

"Well actually more than that." Phoebe said touching Joey's face.

Joey looked at her and gave her a soft peck on the lips.

"You guys need me to leave the room or.....?"

"Nah, won't be necessary." Joey said rubbing Phoebe's leg.

Half hour later, Monica and Nora walked in. Chandler's face lit up when he saw Monica. She walked over to him and kissed him.

"Awww." Phoebe and Joey said.

"So, how did it go?" Chandler asked looking from Monica to Nora.

"It went good. Everything's is fine." Monica said sitting on the bed next to him.

"Good. So, when will we know what we're having?"

"We?" Monica asked smiling.

"Yeah, I'm in there too."

"Yeah, but I'm the one who's actually going to be giving birth, unless you want to." She said grinning.

"Nah, I'll let you handle this one."

"Good for you Chandler." Joey said.

Monica laughed and shook her head.

"I missed you!" She said hugging him.

Later that night, when they were alone, Monica sat in the chair by Chandler's bed and held his hand.

"What do think we should name the baby?" Monica asked.

"Monica."

"Yeah right." She said laughing.

"We have plenty of time Mon."

"Yeah I know, but it might take us a while before we decide on a name. We should start now."

"Okay."

"Okay, what do you think about Lucy?"

"What?" He asked frowning his face.

"Okay, I can see from your face that you don't like that name."

"Ya think?"

"Okay, what do you think we should name the baby?"

"Do we have to think about this now? My brain hurts."

"Okay." She said smiling. We can do this another time."

Chandler was surprised that she gave in so quickly. He expected her to argue with him about how important it was to establish a name early, but instead, she looked at him lovingly and gently squeezed his hand.

"Y'know what? We can discuss it now if you want."

"It's okay really."

"You sure?"

"Yes Chandler, I'm sure. I'll give you time to think about names."

"I knew I loved you for a reason." He said.

Monica sat on the bed and laid her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. She loved when he did that. It made her feel safe and protected somehow. As she laid on his chest, with his arms wrapped protectively around her, she realized just how lucky she was. Not only was he sweet and caring, but he was also very attractive. (I'm quite sure you all agree). She just hoped that the two of them would be good parents.

When she turned out the light and got into bed, the phone rang. It was Chandler.

"Hi sweetie."

"I miss you already." He said.

"Awww."

"I wish I was there right now. You sound so sweet." He said softly.

"Chandler, you're making me blush."

"Good. I wish I was to see it."

"Mr.Bing, are you flirting with me?"

"Pretty much."

"I wish you were here too sweetie."

They talked for a couple hours and ended up falling asleep on the phone. The nurse came in and noticed that Chandler had the phone next to him, so she hung it up. The next morning when Monica woke up, she noticed that the phone was hanging off the bed. She hung the phone up and got out of the bed. She and Chandler had a good conversation. Even though they talked about how nice it was without Keith in their lives now, they still hadn't talked about what happened that night that she went to the warehouse to find him. She knew that they would have to talk about it, but for now, she wanted to focus on Chandler's recovery.

When she entered Chandler's room, he was still asleep. She quietly walked over to the bed and lightly kissed him on the cheek. Half hour later, he woke up and noticed Monica sitting there smiling at him.

"Hey, how long have you been here?"

"About a half hour."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked so peaceful." She said gazing at him."

"Were you watching me sleep again?" He asked smiling.

"Pretty much."

"Okay, you're forgiven then."

Suddenly Monica got up and ran to the bathroom. Five minutes later, she came out of the bathroom and sat in the chair. She looked a little pale.

"You okay Mon?" He asked holding her hand.

"Yeah, it'll pass. It's just morning sickness."

She reached into her purse and pulled out some crackers to stop the nausea.

"How long will this last?"

"I don't know."

"Did you ask the doctor?"

"Well, it depends on the woman, so..."

"You don't look so good Mon." He said concerned.

"Thanks a lot."

"I mean, you look pale."

"I'll be fine Chandler. Your Mom said that she only had morning sickness for three weeks. Some woman have morning sickness for a longer period of time, so don't worry so much."

"You don't eat much either Mon."

"This baby doesn't like anything I eat. I can't even stand the smell of certain foods now. It makes me nauseous."

"Is that normal?"

"Yeah." When you're pregnant, your body goes through all these changes."

"So, you're all right, right?"

"Chandler, I'm fine." She said with a smile.

"Just making sure."

"I know you're concerned. It's okay."

"I'm not getting on your nerves with all these questions am I?"

"No, of course not." She said sitting on the bed.

She moved closer to Chandler and leaned in to kiss him. She didn't mind him asking a million questions. It made her feel loved and appreciated. They stopped kissing when the nurse came in.

"Well, if this doesn't help you recover, nothing will." The nurse said smiling.

Chandler and Monica looked at each other and smiled. He reached over and took her hand in his. He felt incredibly lucky to be with her. He couldn't understand how she managed to be so patient with him. He wasn't used to being treated so well. He hoped that she would continue to be as sweet and caring as she's been for the last four months. When the nurse left the room, he softly kissed her lips and told her that he loved her.
 
 

STAY TUNED FOR........

WELCOME HOME CHANDLER!