~SWEET KISSES~

BY CREASSYA
 
 

This takes place after Unconsciously speaking. Chandler's in a coma and everyone is worried about him, especially Monica. She blames herself for what happened to him. She's been by his bed side talking to him in hopes that he can hear her and wake up.
 

In the weeks that followed, Monica continuously sat by Chandler's bedside talking to him. The gang talked to him also, but not as much as Monica had. Even though it was impossible, she could feel that he was listening to every word she was saying to him. For a whole month she had sat next to him, talked to him, massaged his legs, shaved him, and combed his hair. She informed her boss at the restaurant that she was pregnant and was sick a lot, so she needed some time off work. She didn't mention that her boyfriend was in a coma. She didn't feel like getting into everything that happened. Her being sick wasn't the main reason she needed to be home from work. She felt that even though he might not wake up any time soon, she still needed to be there when ever he comes out of his coma. She was asleep in the chair when she heard the doctor come into the room.

"Hi Monica." Dr. Jaworski said.

"Good morning."

"How's our favorite patient?" He asked.

"About the same." She said looking at Chandler.

"Can I talk to you outside Monica?"

"Okay."

She reluctantly went into the hallway with the doctor.

"I was talking about you Monica."

"I'm fine."

"Monica, I know that you want to be here when Chandler wakes up, but what if he doesn't come out of the coma for the next month or two, or three?"

"Then I'll still be here."

"Monica, I would feel better if you at least went home and slept in your bed for a night."

"I wouldn't be able to sleep."

"Monica, your pregnant. You should be home getting some rest. I don't have a problem with you staying here all day, but I would like it if you would go home at night to get some rest."

"I know you would, but I wouldn't."

"All right. I tried." He said.

"I appreciate it, but I'm fine."

"Are you still experiencing morning sickness?"

"Yeah, but it's not as bad now."

"Good."

They went back into the room and she sat back in the chair by his bed, while the doctor checked on Chandler. During the afternoon, his Mom showed up for a couple hours. She was also concerned about Monica not getting enough sleep, but she didn't say anything. They had all tried to persuade her to go home at night, but she refused. They only time that she went home was to shower and get dressed. She barely ate because she didn't have much of an appetite since she became pregnant. When Nora came to the hospital she brought her something to eat. When Nora left, Monica took Chandler's hand in hers.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you earlier. I was doing some thinking. I was thinking about how much better my life got when you came into it. I didn't think it was possible to be so happy. Do you remember that song I dedicated to you that time? Love For All Seasons? I still feel that way Chandler. What do I have to do to persuade you to wake up?" She said squeezing his hand.

I don't know Monica. I'm trying honey. I remembered that day you dedicated that song to me. I was in my pajamas in the bed when you called and told me to turn on the radio. When I heard the song, I was incredibly happy, shocked, and amazed that you not only did that, but that you actually had feelings for me. I didn't even think about calling you back. I got dressed and headed over to see you. I wanted to see your face. Even thought it happened not that long ago, I still think about it.

"I think about that day and I wonder if you thought that I should have just told you how I felt about you. I hope you don't think I was kinda of coward for letting a song express the way I felt about you."

Of course not. I'm just glad that you told me. I wanted to tell you so many times, but I felt that the timing wasn't right. You were going through a lot and I wanted to take my time and make sure that it was right. Plus I was afraid that you wouldn't feel the same way. I didn't think someone like you would even go for somebody like me.

Monica got up out of the chair and gave Chandler a soft peck on the lips.

"I'll be back sweetie. I'm going to get something to drink. Don't wake up until I get back." She said with a smile.

Just as she left the room, she saw Phoebe and Joey coming down the hall holding hands.

"Where are you going?" Joey asked.

"I'm just getting something to drink. Keep an eye on him will you?" She said smiling.

"Will do." Phoebe said.

They went into the room as she walked down the hall. Phoebe sat in the chair and Joey stood up.

"Wow Chandler, looks like Monica's been doing a good job shaving you. You should see it." Joey said.

"Y'know, I could shave you like that Joey." Phoebe said amused.

"That's okay. I don't need cuts all over my face."

"Chandler, you think I should shave him don't you?"

She got up and put her ear to his mouth as if he were whispering something.

"See he thinks I could do it."

"You wish."

"I wonder what you would have said to that if you were awake." Phoebe said.

I'd be too busy laughing to say anything.

Monica walked back into the room holding a cup in her hand.

"He didn't do any tricks or anything while I was gone did he?" She asked.

"He tried, but he wanted to wait until you came back." Joey said.

"Good."

"Ross and Rachel said that they'd be up here later." Phoebe said to Monica.

"Okay."

When they left, Monica sat on his bed looking at him. She touched his face and held his hand. She missed him looking into her eyes, touching her and kissing her. She wanted him to open his eyes and smile at her. She missed his smile. She missed him. She had a dream the other night that he opened his eyes and sat up. She sat on the bed and hugged him tightly. She knew that day would eventually come, but when?

Later that night Phoebe and Joey were sitting in his chair. She was on his lap playing in his hair. When Ross and Rachel walked in, they turned away from the TV to face them.

"Hey guys." Ross said.

"Are you two just coming from the hospital?" Phoebe asked.

"Yeah." Rachel said.

"So, no change huh?" Joey asked certain of the answer.

"No." Ross said sitting at the counter.

"I'm a little worried about Mon though." Rachel said.

"We all are. Nobody can get her to sleep at home." Ross commented.

"Well, surely you can understand why. She doesn't want to leave him, and she already feels guilty that he's in coma." Phoebe pointed out.

"She does have a point." Joey said rubbing Phoebe's leg.

"She's not gonna change her mind, so we should just let her do what she wants to do." Phoebe said.

Monica found it difficult falling asleep. Not sleeping in her bed was beginning to take it's toll. She felt that that if she went home at night to sleep in her bed, he would wake up in the middle of the night and she wouldn't be there. She knew that if it were her in a coma, when she woke up, the first face she would want to see would be his. She sat at the edge of the bed touching his face. She then grabbed his hand, and laid her head on his chest. The next morning, Nora walked in. She stood in the doorway and smiled. Monica had falling asleep with her head on his chest. She was surprised that Monica was still asleep at 10am. She was usually up when Nora came to visit. She walked over to the bed and tapped Monica on the arm to wake her. Monica stirred a little than opened her eyes.

"Hi." She said sitting up.

"Hi, I was surprised to see you sleep at this hour." Nora said with a smile.

"What time is it?"

"It's 10 am."

"Oh My God!"

"I know."

"I have to go home and get dressed." She said getting up off the bed.

"Don't worry, I'll stay and watch over him while you're gone."

"Okay." Monica.

"I'll call if there's any change."

Monica looked at Chandler and ran her hand through his hair.

"I'll be back sweetie."

She leaned in to softly kiss him and left.

While she was getting dressed, she was thinking about what to name the baby and who the baby would look like. She sat on the edge of her bed wondering if she was carrying a girl or boy. She didn't know about Chandler, but she wanted a girl. She wanted the girl to be just like Chandler. She wondered if the baby would have his eyes or his smile. It was the first time she'd actually thought about the baby like that. She found herself becoming excited and looking forward to becoming a mother. She was only three months pregnant, but already she couldn't wait to see what sex the baby was. She got up off the bed and finished getting dressed. When she was dressed, she called the hospital. She talked to Nora for a few seconds, then she told Nora to put the phone to Chandler's ear.

"Sweet, I'm a home now, but I'm on my way back to the hospital. I love you."

When she arrived at the hospital, Ross was there along with Nora. He was reading the sports page of the paper to Chandler. When he was finished was that, he started telling him about work.

"Ross, now you gonna put me in coma." Monica said.

"Well, I'll be back tonight." Nora said leaving.

"Yeah, me too. I have to get back to work. I've already taken a long enough lunch break as it is." Ross said getting up out of the chair. "It's all yours Mon."

Later that night, Monica held Chandler's hand in hers. She was caressing the back of his hand. She got up out of the chair and sat on the bed next to him. She leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips a few times and looked him in the face expecting him to wake up. She didn't say anything. She just kept caressing his hand, touching his face, and kissing him. Chandler felt a little strange. He no longer felt like he was lying underneath a truck. He didn't feel as weak as he had a month ago. He wondered why Monica was quiet.

Mon honey, what are thinking about? You haven't talked to me in hours. Are you sad about something? Is it the baby? Why won't anybody mention my baby? Monica if there's something wrong, please tell me. There I go again. Like you can hear me. It's so weird. It's like I'm in another universe or something. I hear most of what people say, but not everything. It's like I'm in a cloud above everybody else, and all I hear are muffled sounds from below. Monica, talk to me. Tell me what you're thinking.

Monica remained quiet for another hour. She gave him a few more gentle kisses on the mouth. Each kiss lasted longer than the previous one. She leaned her forehead against his and began talking to him.

I was thinking about something earlier. I was thinking about the baby. Today was the first time that I was actually excited about becoming a mother. I started thinking about whether he or she will have your gorgeous eyes and smile, or if this baby will have your sense of humor. I don't know if I want the baby to have your sarcasm though, but I guess I wouldn't mind. I love every part of you Chandler, including what's inside me." She said sitting up and putting his hand on her stomach.

So the baby's okay. I was so afraid that you lost it. You have no idea how happy that makes me. Well, of course you don't. For over a month, I've been waiting for you to mention the baby. We're gonna be all right Mon, we are. I never imagined us starting a family this soon, but I'm happy about it, even though it scares me. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my body, not just my shoulders.

She laid her head on his chest just as she had the night before and fell asleep. She had her hand rested near Chandler's. The next morning, she felt something on her finger. She looked over at her hand that was near Chandler's, and realized that she hadn't been holding his hand when she feel asleep. She slowing sat up and he squeezed her hand weakly. He didn't have his eyes opened, but he continued to lightly squeeze her hand. A smile spread across her face, then she leaned in and kissed him for a few seconds and touched his face. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled at her.
 
 

NOW THAT CHANDLER HAS COME OUT OF HIS COMA, WILL HE REVEAL THAT HE HEARD ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT SHE SAID TO HIM?

CHECK OUT THE NEXT ONE...............WAKING UP