ONE TURN DESERVES ANOTHER

   BY CREASSYA
 

This takes place after Dangerous Ground. Monica is pregnant, but she's not that excited about it because Keith is stalking her and she's afraid for Chandler's safety, and with good reason. Chandler left for work one morning and no one has heard from him. Monica had gotten a call from Keith demanding to know what he had done to Chandler......
 

"If you have done something to him...."

"What? What are you gonna do huh?"

"Keith, I'm begging you." She said crying.

"Is anyone there with you?"

"Why?"

"Just answer my question!" He yelled.

"Yes."

"It's that bitch Rachel isn't it?"

"Don't call......"

"Isn't it?" He said angrily interrupting her.

"Yes."

"All right. I'll tell you where we are, and you can't tell anybody. You got me?"

"Yeah."

"Good. You have no idea who you're messing with." He said.

"Oh I think I have a pretty good idea." She whispered.

Monica hung up the phone five minutes later. Keith had told her where to go and she wasn't allowed to tell anybody where she was going, or why. She went into her room and got her cell phone and changed into her sweat pants and sweat shirt. When she came back out, Rachel wanted to know what was going on.

"Mon, what happened? Where are you going?"

"I don't have time to explain."

"Monica, did Keith do something to Chandler?"

"That's what I'm going to find out."

"Monica, you can't go by yourself. He's dangerous and your pregnant." She said standing in front of Monica."

"If I'm not back in an hour call the police." She said leaving.

"Monica!"

Rachel forced herself to calm down. When Monica left, she immediately called Ross and told him to come over. She couldn't calm down. She paced the floor until Ross arrived.

"Rach, what's going on?"

"Keith called and Monica went to him. I think he did something to Chandler."

"And you let her go?"

"I tried to stop her Ross!"

"I can't believe this. She's pregnant."

"Don't you think I know that?"

"What did she say?" He asked.

"She said to call the police if she's not back in an hour."

"We're not waiting that long." He said going over to the phone.

Rachel buried her face in her hands. There was always something that she didn't like about Keith, and now she knew why. She was so scared for Chandler and Monica. She feared that Keith had seriously hurt Chandler to punish Monica for breaking up with him. She had never imagined that things would get so out of hand.

When Monica arrived at an abandoned warehouse, she looked around for Chandler and Keith. After ten minutes of looking around, she stood there with tears in her eyes. She was beginning to think that Keith telling her to come to the warehouse was a set up until emerged from the darkness. Being that it was late at night, there wasn't much light, except for the moonlight shinning through the windows.

"Hi honey." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Where's Chandler?"

"I don't know really."

"Dammit Keith. Where is he?"

"What is with you?" He asked angrily.

"How can you even ask me that?"

"Simple."

"Keith, why are you doing this?" She said in tears.

"Because I can."

"Where is Chandler? Is he even here? Or is this just a set up to get me here?"

"Now, which question do you want me to answer first?"

"Keith please!"

"Why did you go back to Chandler?"

"What?"

"I told you to break up with him."

"No, you threatened me."

"Why couldn't you just stay away from him? This is all your fault. What I did to Chandler rest on your hands now."

"I can't believe this! You're doing this because I broke up with you? What's the matter with you?"

"We had something good, and what do you go and do? You dumped me for Chandler." He said angrily.

"I didn't dump you for Chandler. I dumped you because I didn't want to be with you anymore."

"You expect me to believe that?" He asked coming closer to her.

"No matter what I say, you won't believe me, so it doesn't matter."

The gang is at Monica and Rachel's apartment with the police. Ross is visibly angry. The police were of no help.

"I told you before, we can't do anything. We don't know where they are and we don't know for sure that Chandler was kidnapped." Officer Wingate stated.

"I can't believe this." Rachel said shaking her head.

"He's been stalking her. He's gonna do something to her." Phoebe said.

"Has she reported it?" Officer Wingate asked.

"No. She knew that you wouldn't do anything until something happened. That is how it works isn't it?" Phoebe said angry.

"Look, I know you're all very worried about your friends, but my hands are tied.

"Why did we even call you here?" Ross said angrily.

"Just call if they don't show up or call by tomorrow."

"Whatever." Rachel said holding the door open for Office Wingate to leave.

Monica was now sitting on the floor while Keith paced back and forth. He was talking about his mother and how stupid she was for going back to his father. He complained about women and also criticized them, as if he was so perfect. She was tired of him and tired of being there with him. She just wanted to find Chandler and go home.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"How can I not be listening. You're yelling."

"Are you getting smart with me?" He said angrily.

"What did you do with Chandler?"

"Chandler, Chandler, Chandler! That's all you've talked about since you've been here!" He yelled.

"You told me that I could find him here. Or were you just lying to get me here?"

"What is it about Chandler huh?"

"I love him okay? And he loves me."

"I loved you."

"What? You call that love? You yelled at me, you tried to keep me from my friends, and do you not remember grabbing my arm really hard that day we broke up?"

"People make mistakes Monica."

"Like what you're doing now?"

"I'm only doing this because I love you."

"Are you kidding me? Thanks to Chandler, I finally know what real love is. He's romantic, he's sweet, caring, and he treats me like a princess. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Listening to her talk about Chandler made him even angrier.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

"You know, you're acting like your father." She pointed out.

"I said shut up! I'm not like him."

"Really? Then what is this? Throughout our relationship, you did your best to control me, which is actually what your father has been doing to your mother."

He stopped pacing and looked at her. She was right. He had turned into his father and he didn't even know it. He was somebody he hated most. Pondering this, he turned his back to Monica. All he wanted growing up, was a happy family. He never wanted a brady bunch type of family, but just a strong mother, and caring father. His relationships suffered because of his parents. Being that he saw his mother as being weak and pathetic, he viewed all women the same. He despised weakness in a woman, but he always dating women that were like his mother. It was clear that Monica would never take him back. A fact that anger him and made wish that he had never been born. It wasn't fair that he was born into a family that was clearly dysfunctional. He told himself that he would never treat women the way his father did, but he had. He had treated every girlfriend of his as if she were property and that they had to obey him. He didn't know any other way.

Phoebe was laying her head on Joey's shoulder. No one had said a word since Officer Wingate left. They were waiting to see if either Monica or Chandler would call. They were all fearing the worst. Rachel wished that she would have blocked the door or something, anything to keep her from going to Keith. She knew that Monica wasn't thinking clearly. All she wanted, was to find out if Chandler was all right.

Monica was slowly getting up off the floor while Keith had his back to her. She was looking around for something to hit him over the head with. He turned around to look her.

"What are you up to?"

"I'm just tired of sitting on this hard floor."

"Well, don't be getting any ideas." He said.

"Keith, I've been here for hours. What do you want from me?"

"From now on, I'm the one asking the questions." He said pacing back and forth across the floor again."

"Keith, you don't have to be like your father. You can be better than him."

"I don't wanna talk about my father!" He yelled.

"I just wanna leave." She said losing her patience.

"Then leave."

"I'm not leaving here until you tell me what you've done with Chandler."

"Chandler this, Chandler that. You're really starting to piss me off Monica!"

"And you're pissing me off."

He was about to walk over to her but he heard a noise and decided to go and check it out.

"Don't move!" He ordered her.

When he disappeared, she reached in her pocket and pulled out her cell phone. She quickly dialed 911. When she got through, she told the operator the purpose of her call. She was barely heard on the other end because she was whispering. When she heard him coming back, she put the cell phone on a stack of crates that she was leaning against.

"Keith, please tell me where Chandler is?"

"He's dead okay? Is that what you want to hear?"

"You're just saying that to upset me." She said in tears.

"You think so huh?"

"Why did you kidnap him?"

"Because, I never liked him, and he took you away from me."

"He didn't take me away from you, I left on my own. He never tried to come on to me. He never even told me that I should leave you."

"Of course you're gonna take up for him. He doesn't deserve it! He yelled.

"And you don't deserve me." She shot back.

"What?" He asked angrily.

The operator heard everything that was going on between Keith and Monica because she never hung up the phone. She was trying to trace the call so that she could send help.

The gang was still at Monica and Rachel's. Ross was glaring at Rachel and she noticed.

"Look Ross, I didn't want her to go, but she insisted. What was I supposed to do huh? Was I supposed to ground her and send her to her room?"

"You could have done something. You should have made her call the police or something." Ross said  angrily.

"Why, so we could get the same kinda help we just got a while ago?"

"Guys, this is not helping." Phoebe said lifting her head off Joey's shoulder.

"She's right." Joey said.

"You know, instead of blaming me, you should be blaming Keith. Because if I'm not mistaken, he's the one who's been stalking Monica!" She yelled.

"She's putting her life at risk. I'm angry and scared."

"Yeah, well so are the rest of us. Keith is the one who did something to Chandler to punish Monica, not me."

"Ross, let's go across the hall until you two calm down."

Ross reluctantly got up and went across the hall with Joey. Phoebe sat on the table to face Rachel who sat on the couch.

"I mean, it's bad enough that I blame myself, but him jumping on my case like that..."

"Rachel, this is not your fault. Like you said, Keith is the one who's doing this, not you. You tried to tell her not to go."

"I know, but...."

"There's no but. Blaming yourself and each other is not going to help the situation." Phoebe said.

"I just feel so helpless." She said burying her face in her hands.

"We all do."

Joey stood at the kitchen counter looking at Ross.

"What?" Ross asked.

"What is with you?" Joey asked.

"I'm just scared. My sister and bestfriend are missing, and nobody can help us, not even the police."

"So you feel the need to take it out on Rachel?"

"Well, she let her go."

"Ross, Monica is a grown woman, not a child. You can't make somebody do something or not do something."

"I don't feel like talking right now Joey."

Joey looked at him and shook his head.

Keith was inching closer and closer to Monica, and she was terrified.

"I don't deserve you?"

"That's what I said."  She said trying not to let on that she was scared.

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Who do you think you are huh? Do you see me as your mother, somebody too weak to fight back?"

"Shut up about my mother!" He said grabbing her by her sweatshirt.

"See, you're just like your father."

Keith became even angrier and shoved her onto the floor.

"You leave my father out of this!"

"You're the one who brought up your mother and father in the first place. Now I wanna know what you did with Chandler!" Monica said angrily.

"I got rid of him. Are you hard of hearing?" He asked as he jerked her up off the floor.

Monica was getting sick of him. He obviously wanted to keep her there. She wretched away from him and he grabbed her arm. She kicked him in his private, and he went down. When she tried to run, he grabbed her foot and she fell. She rolled over on her  back in pain. Keith slowly crawled to her and pinned her arms above her head, so she kneed him in the stomach. While he was holding his stomach she got up to look for something to hit him with.

Joey came back into Monica and Rachel's apartment. He went over and sat next to Phoebe who was sitting on the couch. Rachel was in her room. She came out when she heard the door close.

"It's just me." Joey said.

"Where's Ross?" Phoebe asked.

"Who cares." Rachel said going back in her room.

"He's across the hall."

"Is he calm now?" She asked touching his face.

"No."

"I'm worried." Phoebe said.

"So am I. It's gonna be impossible to get any sleep tonight." He said.

"Unless they both come home in one piece." Phoebe said.

While Monica was looking around for something to hit Keith with, he was sneaking up behind her with a two-by-four. She turned around just in time. He swung at her, but she ducked. Before he swung at her again, she pushed him into some boxes and the two-by-four fell out of his hand. She quickly picked it up and started to swing it at him. He then grabbed her hands when she was about to swing it at him again. While they were fighting over the long thick piece of wood he backed her into a stack of wooden crates. She felt like she was losing power. She was determined to make it out of there alive so that she could find Chandler. She kneed him in the stomach again and the two-by-four fell out of her hands onto the floor along with Keith. He didn't expect Monica to put up this much of a fight. When she went for the thick piece of wood, he grabbed her ankle and she fell again. While he was getting up, she turned around and took a long hard swing at him. When she hit him the first time, he stood on his knees looking dazed, so she hit him a second time really hard, and he went down like a ton of bricks.

She stood there looking at him for a few seconds to make sure that he wouldn't get up, then she went looking for Chandler. While she was looking through the warehouse for Chandler, she heard sirens outside. She was beginning to panic, so she forced herself to stay calm.

"Chandler!" She called out.

"Sweetie, where are you?"

The warehouse was huge and she felt as if she would never find him. She was also beginning to doubt if he was even in there. She heard the police storming the warehouse from a distance. She heard them coming in her direction. When they reached her, they were shinning flashlights on her.

"Miss, are you all right?"

"I'm looking for my boyfriend!" She said in tears.

When another police officer came in, he turned on his flashlight and then they saw him. He was in dark corner near some boxes and crates. Monica expected to find him tied up, but he wasn't. Instead he was lying on the floor in the corner unconscious. The police immediately ran over to him, but Monica stood frozen with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my God, Chandler!"
 
 

WE'LL FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO CHANDLER IN THE NEXT ONE.......

UNCONSCIOUSLY SPEAKING