DANGEROUS GROUND

BY CREASSYA
 

This takes place after The Ultimatum. Keith threatened to harm Chandler if Monica didn't break up with him. Out of fear, Monica did what Keith wanted her to do. After a couple weeks, she and Chandler decide that they would continue to see each other secretly.
 

A week later, Monica is sitting in Chandler and Joey's apartment waiting for him to come home. She was extremely nervous. She had finally sat down after pacing back and forth across the floor. Joey and Phoebe were in Joey's room. When she got up out of Chandler's chair, he walked in and smiled. When Monica didn't smile back, he walked over to her with a worried look on his face.

"Mon, are you okay? Did something happen?"

"Well....yeah. Something did happen."

"What?"

"Okay, um, this is so unexpected." She said sitting back down.

"Monica, whatever it is, you can tell me." He said looking into her eyes.

"Chandler...I'm...pregnant." She said looking down at the floor.

"Oh my God!" Monica, don't ever do that to me again." He said feeling relieved.

"What?" She asked looking up at him.

"I thought something bad happened." He said kneeling beside her.

"You don't think this is bad?" She asked.

"No." He said softly.

Monica touched his face and hugged him. When they embraced, Chandler closed his eyes and sighed. He was afraid that Keith might have done something to her while she was at work or something. He pulled back and looked at her.

"So, is it definite? I mean did you go to the doctor?"

"No, not yet. I took a home pregnancy test. I go to the doctor the day after tomorrow."

"I'll go with you." He said leaning in for a kiss.

"Thanks. I was so afraid that you would freak out."

"After what we've been going through with Keith, this doesn't seem so bad."

"I don't know." Monica said.

"It just occurred to me that we used condoms though." He said.

"We didn't use one the second time we had sex that night."

"That's right. I totally forgot about that."

"Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"I'm okay with this. Besides, we shouldn't freak out until we know for sure." He said rubbing her leg.

Two days later the doctor confirmed Monica's pregnancy. Part of her was happy, but the other part of her wasn't. With Keith stalking her, she couldn't completely enjoy the news of her being pregnant. Chandler had to meet her at the doctor's office. She didn't want to take the chance of Keith seeing them together. She laid on the couch about to go to sleep until Chandler came in. He went over and sat on the table.

"Hi sweetie."

"Are you all right?" He asked concerned.

"I guess."

"You guess?"

"I just can't be totally happy about the baby. What if Keith finds out?"

"Monica....."

"I can't stop thinking about that. I mean, if this wasn't going on, I would be happy to be pregnant."

"I know, but all this stress isn't good for the baby." He said caressing her face.

"I keep telling myself that, but it's difficult not thinking about it."

"Well, how about we not think about now." He said.

He lifted her legs up and sat down. He gently rubbed her legs as they rested on his lap. She was now lying on her back looking at him.

"I love you." She said sincerely.

"I love you too."

She sat up and kissed him. She was glad that it was his baby that she was carrying, but the timing couldn't be worst. She was afraid that she would miscarry because of all the stress she was undergoing. She and Chandler knew that it was dangerous for them to still be seeing each other, but they were willing to take their chances. Chandler more so than Monica. He didn't really care what happened to him, as long as he was with Monica.

Keith had just left from around Monica's building. He was furious. He just found out that Chandler lived across the hall from Monica. He knew that they had to be still seeing each other. Keith had already been angry because his father finally came back home and his mother took him back. He hated his parents. He had so much hatred in him, that he didn't know what to do. He paced across the floor pounding his fist in the palm of his left hand. He walked over to the phone and dialed Monica's number. When he didn't get an answer, he slammed the phone down. He had a feeling that she was with Chandler.

Joey was asleep in his room when Phoebe entered. She put her purse on the floor by his bed and stood there for a few seconds to look at him. Sometimes she couldn't believe that she was dating Joey. He wasn't as insensitive as she thought he was when she first met him. He had turned out to be a very sweet guy. She laid next to him and he opened his eyes.

"Hey Pheebs." He said grinning.

"Sleep good?" She asked.

"Yeah." He answered rolling on top of her.

"Good."

They began kissing and slowly taking off each others clothes. Joey stopped kissing her and gazed into her eyes.

"You missed me huh?" She asked smiling.

"Like you wouldn't believe." He said leaning in for another kiss.

Monica was laying on top of Chandler in his bedroom kissing him. He had his lift hand on the small of her back, and his right hand stroking her hair. They felt safer over at his and Joey's apartment. They were sure that Keith wasn't aware that Chandler lived right across the hall. It felt good being in his arms not having to worry about Keith. Chandler rolled Monica on to her back and soon he was on top of her. As soon as Chandler was about to kiss her, she pushed him off of her and ran to the bathroom. He ran after her wondering what was wrong with her all of a sudden. When he reached the bathroom door, he heard her throwing up. He slowly opened the door and stepped inside. He stood there for a few seconds and then he closed the door and kneeled down beside her, so he could rub her back. She closed the lid of the toilet and put her head down.

"Wow, I didn't know that kissing me would make you puke."

Monica laughed at him, and he kissed her on the cheek. When she looked at him, he pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks sweetie." She said enjoying the hug.

"No problem. Are you done?"

"It feels like it."

"Good." He getting up off the floor.

He helped her get off the floor and carried her to his room. When they were in his room he sat on the bed with her on his lap.

"So I guess us having sex is out of the question." He said grinning.

"Yeah, but you might wanna tell Joey and Phoebe to quite down." She said laughing.

The next morning Monica had called off from work because she wasn't feeling well. When she got off the phone, Chandler entered the apartment. He went over and sat on the couch next to her.

"You all right honey?"

"I'm not feeling so well. I called off work."

"If you need me to stay with you I can."

"I'll be fine. I'll probably sleep all day."

"Okay, but I want you resting." He said.

"I will."

Rachel came out of her room and looked at Chandler and Monica.

"I didn't know you guys were back together."

"Yeah. We can't stay away from each other." Chandler said.

"I can tell." Rachel said smiling.

"Well, I'm off to work." He said standing up.

"Mon, you don't look so good."

"Thanks Rach."

"Maybe you should go to the doctor." Rachel said sitting on the table.

"I went already."

"Well?"

Chandler and Monica looked at each other and then back at Rachel.

"Well....I'm pregnant."

"Oh my God! Are you serious?" Rachel asked excited.

"As a heart attack."

"Oh my God!" Rachel said getting up to hug them.

"Congratulations. Have you told anybody else?"

"No, we'll tell everybody later." Chandler said.

"I'm the first one to know. That's so great." Rachel said heading for the door.

"Well, I have to go. I'll call you as soon as I get to work." He said giving her a soft kiss on the mouth.

Later that day Chandler and Ross were at the coffeehouse talking when Joey and Phoebe entered.

"Okay, why did you want us to meet you here?" Phoebe asked worried.

"Yeah, what happened this time?" Joey asked.

"Monica's pregnant."

"She's pregnant?" Ross asked.

"Yeah. We're gonna have baby." He said grinning.

"That's so cool." Ross said pulling Chandler into a hug.

"Wow, I can't believe it." Phoebe said.

"Dude!" Joey said grinning.

"Well, were is she?" Phoebe asked.

"She's resting now, but she said that I could tell you guys. We told Rachel earlier."

"So, how far along is she?" Phoebe asked.

"A little over two months."

"She hasn't been sick yet has she?" Ross asked.

"She just started getting sick. I've been calling her all day."

"Awww." Phoebe said.

"You guys are gonna be parents." Ross said smiling.

Chandler quietly walked into Monica's room. He closed the door and went over to the bed and sat down. He sat and watched her sleep for twenty minutes until she woke up.

"Hi sweetie." She said sitting up.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked leaning in for a kiss.

"Yeah, much better." She said.

"Good. You want me to get you anything?"

"Yeah."

"What's that?"

"I could use another kiss."

Chandler put his hands to her face and kissed her very slowly and gently. Monica held on to his shirt as they kissed. So loved kissing Chandler. He had the softest lips. He kissed her as if he hadn't kissed her in months. While they were kissing, he put his hand on her stomach and began to rub it. He was really happy about Monica being pregnant despite the unfortunate circumstances. Part of him was looking forward to becoming a father. The other part of him was terrified. He was more excited about the baby than Monica was. She was too worried about Keith finding out about them and him hurting Chandler that it was hard for her to focus on the baby.

The next day, he kissed her good bye before he headed off to work. When he emerged from the building, Keith was watching him from across the street. He glared at him with his fist bawled up. Later that day, Monica called Chandler at work but his secretary informed her that he hadn't been in to work all day. It wasn't like him to not show up at work. He usually called when he wasn't going to be in. Monica hung up the phone. She was terrified.

Later that night, there was still no sign of Chandler. No one had heard anything from him since he left for work that morning. Rachel watched Monica pace across the floor with tears in her eyes. When she finally sat down, the phone rang. Rachel picked up the phone and handed it to Monica. She was shaking when she answered it. She was sure it was Keith.

"Hello." She said nervously.

"Well well, if it isn't Monica." Keith said.

"Keith, what's going on?"

"Why? Are you worried about something?"

"Keith!"

"Yes Monica."

"What have you done with Chandler?"

She heard laughter on the phone and it angered her. Not only was she upset, but she was extremely afraid that he had done something to Chandler.

"Keith please!" She said in tears.

"Okay, I'll tell you."
 
 

WHAT HAS KEITH DONE TO CHANDLER?

WILL THEY SURVIVE KEITH?

FIND OUT IN.......ONE TURN DESERVES ANOTHER