WHO'S THIS?

  BY CREASSYA
 
 

This takes place after TOW Chandler and Monica...You Know. Chandler and Monica finally slept together. Now they feel as though there's a stronger bond between them. Let's see what develops as Chandler prepares to move to New York.
 

As he approached the house, he heard yelling from inside. As he walked up the steps, his father stormed out of the house past him. There were no words exchanged between the two. They never had much to say to one another. He walked into the house and saw his mother picking herself up off the floor. He didn't run over to help her this time. He knew that his father hit her again. He stood there and watched her clean herself up. She immediately went to the refrigerator and took out some ice. She grabbed a dish rag from the back of the chair, put ice in it and held the rag to her jaw. He came into the kitchen and sat across the table from her. There were times when he would run over to her and try to comfort her after she'd been hit, but he was getting tired of his mother letting his father beat up on her. He had been witnessing his father hitting his mother since his childhood. He remembered times where he'd been sitting in the kitchen or the living room with his mother, and his father would come home and immediately start beating her up for no reason. She was afraid of him. She never hit him back. He was afraid that one day he would come to visit her and she would be dead.

Chandler walked into Monica and Rachel's apartment after work. Rachel was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. She turned around and smiled at him.

"What?" He asked with his face frowned up.

"What have you done to Monica?"

"What are you talking about?" He asked approaching the couch.

"You know what I'm talking about. After she spent the weekend with you she's been exhausted. She came home from work today and went straight to bed." She said smiling.

Chandler tried to fight off a smile.

"I'm just gonna go in a give her kiss."

"Are you sure that's all you're gonna give her?" Rachel joked.

"Stop it Rach." He said grinning.

Chandler quietly walked into Monica's room and closed the door. She was lying on her stomach asleep. He smiled at her as he crossed the room and sat on the bed. He leaned over and softly kissed her on the cheek. He didn't want to wake her, so he got up off the bed and walked out of the room.

"So, how did this past weekend go?"

"She didn't tell you?"

"No. She was too tired."

"Well, I'll let her tell you." He said walking out the door.

Rachel sat there with a frown on her face. She wanted to know what happened. She was tempted to go in Monica's room to wake her up.

He watched her as she came out of the building. He watched her get into a car with a girlfriend of hers. She seemed happy. When the car pulled off, He put on his sunglasses and his hat and went into the building.

Later that night, the phone rang in Monica and Rachel's apartment. Monica had just finished telling Rachel about her heavenly weekend with Chandler.

"Hello." Rachel said.

"Hey Rach."

"Hey Chandler, here's Mon, hold on." She said smiling at Monica.

Rachel handed Monica the phone, then she got up and went into her room.

"Hi Sweetie."

"Hey you." He said smiling.

"Rachel told me that you came by here today. Why didn't you wake me?"

"She said you were exhausted, so I didn't wanna wake you."

"You couldn't have woke me."

"I came in and gave you kiss, then I left."

"Oh."

"I got the apartment."

"Really? So when do you move in?"

"Next month."

"Good. I am gonna miss coming to Jersey to spend time with you though. I get to have you all to myself." She said.

"That's true. I can stay here if you want me too." He joked.

"You better not." She said laughing.

Phoebe and Joey are sitting on the couch in her apartment. He's a little frustrated because he's not having much luck with finding an apartment.

"Joey, I told you that there's no problem with you staying here until you can find a place."

"I know." He said rubbing her leg. What if I don't find something in the next six months or so."

"Then you'll stay here until you find something. Did I not mentioned that before?"

"I love staying here with you, but I just don't wanna wear out my welcome."

"You act like you're just a guess here. You're my boyfriend. You spent most of your time here anyway."

"Promise me you won't get sick of me."

"Well, I can't promise you that." She teased.

He smiled and leaned in to kiss her. She loved having Joey stay with her, even though she felt it was too early in their relationship to be living together. Things were going good between them. She secretly hoped that having him stay with her wouldn't cause any problems. She caressed his face as he leaned his head on her shoulders.

He sat in his room contemplating whether or not he should call her. He didn't know why he had the urge to see her again. When he saw her coming from work, he knew he couldn't be apart from her too much longer. He knew that he couldn't just pop back up in her life. He had to show her how much he cared and how good they were together. Even though it was late, he picked up the phone to call her. He just wanted to hear her voice. When she answered the phone, he hung up. Hearing her voice put him at ease for the remained of the night.

The next day, Monica took off work. She was still a little tired from her weekend with Chandler. He came by a little after 9 this morning. He had the day off. His job was having a convention in Atlanta and he had to leave tomorrow. He was taking care of business with the apartment and packing last minute. He would be gone for four days.
She was sitting on the couch watching TV when the phone rang. When she answered the phone, the person on the other end hung up. Five minutes later, the phone rang again. This time it was Phoebe.

"Phoebe, did you just call here five minutes ago?"

"No, why?"

"Oh. I answered the phone but who ever it was hung up."

"Probably just the wrong number." Phoebe said.

"Yeah."

"So, what are you and Chandler doing this weekend?"

"Nothing, he has to go to this convention in Atlanta. He leaves tomorrow. Why?"

"Oh, because me and Joey wanted to do something and we thought we could do something with you and Chandler."

"Well, how about next weekend?"

"That's fine." Phoebe said.

He walked into his parents house and saw his mother sitting in the living room reading the newspaper. From the look on her face, it was obvious that she had been crying.

"What did he do this time?" He asked.

"Don't start." She said.

"Why are you still with him? After all these years of him beating up on you."

"We've been through this a hundred times okay. If I try to leave him, he'll kill me. You think I like living like this?"

"Do you?"

"Of course not. I've been in this type of environment my whole life. I watched my father beat on my mother, and now I'm going through the same thing. I don't know how to get out of it." She said with tears in her eyes.

"It's easy. Just pack up your stuff while he's at work and leave."

"Where am I supposed to go huh? I have no friends, barely any family to help me, no money and no job. It's not as simple as you think it is."

"You can stay with me."

"Yeah right. So he can come to your house while your at work and drag me back here?"

"Well, you can stay at a hotel and I'll pay for it. I'll even help you find a job."

"I don't want to put all this on you."

"What other choice do you have? You're my mother. Am I just supposed to sit around and wait for him to kill you?"

"Look, this is my life. If he kills me, I'll be better off."

"I hate when you talk like that!" He yelled.

He got upset and left. He couldn't understand why she kept making excuses for not leaving. It was true that she didn't have any friends, and family didn't help, but he was willing to help her. He was beginning to feel like she deserved to be hit on. Ever since he could remember, he'd seen his father beat up on his mother on a regular basis. She was weak and didn't fight back, and his father thrived on that. He hated his father for destroying any chance for a happy family. His childhood was traumatic. There were times when his father beat her so bad that he put her in the hospital. The last severe beating that she received was when he was fifteen. She was beat so bad that they couldn't recognize her. She told the police that she was robbed and beaten by an intruder. Being that the front door had been broken into, they didn't suspect his father. She had locked him out that night and he was furious with her. When he broke into the house, he beat her up. Thinking about that now angered him. How could he have such a weak and pathetic mother. He resented her for staying with him for so long. He decided that he needed to go somewhere to blow off some steam.

Two weeks later Joey and Phoebe were at Monica and Rachel's waiting for Chandler to arrive. Monica was still in her room getting dressed. She sat on her bed for a couple minutes. She didn't tell anybody that she'd been getting phone calls with someone breathing on the other end for the last couple weeks. It scared her. She even got roses sent to her at work. She thought they were from Chandler, but the card said that the roses were from a secret admirer, not Chandler. It freaked her out. She wondered if someone were playing a joke on her. If they were, she wasn't laughing. While she was sitting there thinking, Chandler peaked his head in the room and she jumped.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He said coming in the room.

"Oh, don't worry about it."

"Mon, what's wrong?"

"I don't know. I'm just on edge."

"Yeah, I've noticed."

"I'll be all right."

"Mon?" He said touching her face.

"For the last couple weeks, I've been getting phone calls. The person who calls me just sits there and breaths on the phone. Then I got roses sent to the restaurant saying that they were from a secret admirer."

"I don't like the sound of this." He said.

"Let's not worry about this now. Joey and Phoebe are waiting for us." She said grabbing his hand.

When they came into the living room Phoebe was sitting on Joey's lap.

"Are you two finally ready?" Joey asked.

"No, I thought that we would stand here and watch the two of you make out." He said sarcastically.

"Cool." Joey said smiling.

"You're so disgusting." Monica said laughing.

They decided that they would go to the movies first and then go bowling. They bowled three games. It was Joey and Phoebe competing against Chandler and Monica. Joey and Phoebe won the first game, and Chandler and Monica won the other two games. When they came from bowling, they stopped off at the coffeehouse. Joey and Phoebe were sitting in the small chair together, and Chandler had his arm around Monica with his fingers laced through hers.

It was a nice night out, so he wanted to go for a walk. He walked by the coffeehouse and noticed Chandler and Monica sitting together so he backed up. He saw Chandler lean in to kiss her and it angered him. He walked off with his fist bawled up.

Monica was at the restaurant about to leave the kitchen, when one of the chefs gave her a long white box with a red ribbon tied around it.

"This just came for you."

"Who sent this?" Monica asked.

"I don't know. A messenger delivered it.

She slowly took the ribbon off the box and opened it. She gasped at what she saw. There were four roses spray painted black, with a big card that said: DIE BITCH!
 
 
 

LIKE THE TITLE SAYS....WHO'S THIS?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT ONE......DEADLY OBSESSION