CHANGES

BY CREASSYA
 
 

This takes place after Romance Unexpected. Okay, I know some people might not like that I put Phoebe and Joey together, but I've been contemplating on putting them together for months, but was too afraid to because a lot of people don't like them together, but I couldn't help myself okay. :) I'm what you call a future Phoebe and Joey fan even if they never get together. Even though Joey and Phoebe are in a relationship, this is still mainly about Chandler and Monica. When we last left off, Joey had just gotten some disturbing news, and Chandler was about to tell Monica where he's going to be transferred to.
 
 

Monica is sitting there waiting for Chandler to tell her where he's going to be moving to. She looked into his eyes searching for a clue, but his face was unreadable. She didn't want him to go. She had become attached to him. Even though they were in a relationship now, she still wasn't sure about the stability of their relationship or friendship.

"Well?" She asked eagerly.

"I'm moving here to New York." He said grinning.

"Really? Are you serious?"

"I'm serious."

Monica stood up and so did Chandler. She hugged him tightly. When they pulled apart she softly kissed him on the mouth.

"So, when do you move?"

"Next month. So I have to start looking for a place to stay as soon as possible."

"Well, if you don't, you could stay where you are for a little while. It's not that far away."

"Yeah, I know. I'll just have to commute back and forth. I've been doing it for months anyway."

Monica looks at Chandler with a smile on her face. She was so worried that he would be transferred far away.

Joey is sitting next to Phoebe with a shocked look on his face.

"Joey, what's wrong? You're starting to freak me out."

"I was evicted!"

"Oh my God!"

"I can't believe this!" He said.

"When do you have move to out?"

"In two weeks. I'll never find an apartment in two weeks."

"I'll help you."

"Thanks Pheebs."

He leaned on Phoebe's shoulder. She held him in her arms and caressed his face. She had never seen him sad before. While he leaned on her shoulder, he laced his fingers through hers. She smiled to herself. She never expected to be in a relationship with Joey. He was such a womanizer. She wondered if he would be able to be in a monogamous relationship with her.

A week later Monica was in New Jersey visiting Chandler. They were sitting in the kitchen eating pizza. She wanted to spent the weekend with him, but he wanted to take things slow. If she hadn't been in such a bad relationship before, he wouldn't have any problems with her spending the weekend with him. When they were done eating pizza, they went in the living room to talk.

"I'm glad that we're spending time together here." Monica said.

"Oh yeah, why is that?" He asked caressing her face.

"Because I have you all to myself." She said leaning in to kiss him.

"Monica, are you all right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, you haven't talked about Keith since we've been going out."

"Why should I?"

"I don't know. I just think that you're still grieving."

"I'm just happy that it's over."

"Mon, can I ask you a question? And I want you to be honest with me."

"Okay."

"Has Keith ever hit you?"

"Chandler, I told you guys before, that he's never hit me." She said angrily getting up.

Chandler got up off the couch and stood in front of her. He wanted to look her straight in the eye. She was obviously angry with him for asking her that.

"Why are you getting upset. I just wanted to know." He said softly.

He steered her back to the couch and they sat back down. He looked into her eyes and laced his finger through hers. Then he leaned in and softly kissed her. He didn't want her to be mad at him, but he suspected Keith of physically abusing her. Why else would she be afraid of him, he thought.

"Chandler, I just don't wanna talk about Keith anymore."

"Monica, we're in a relationship, and we're also friends. Talk to me."

She looked into his eyes and melted. He was really sincere. She couldn't remember the last time that she had a boyfriend as caring as Chandler.

"Okay, he did hit me, once."

"Are you sure it wasn't more than once?"

"It was only once. He got angry one day when I wanted to hang out with you and Ross, so he slapped me."

"Monica, why didn't you tell me this before?" He said trying not to let his anger show.

"Because Chandler, I was ashamed, and embarrassed. I never planned on telling anyone."

"Not even me?"

"I don't know. I told you didn't I?"

"Yeah."

"I don't mean to get angry with you." She said rubbing his leg."

"I know Mon."

Chandler moves closer to her and takes her in his arms. His feelings for Monica became deeper each day. He ran his fingers through her hair and rubbed her shoulders gently. He loved holding her in his arms. She held onto him tightly. He suddenly decided that he wanted her to spend the weekend with him, but he wouldn't sleep with her. He knew that it would be a while before she worked through her feelings about Keith. There was something special between them and he didn't want to ruin it. Monica meant the world to him.

"Did I totally ruin the moment?" She asked with her face buried in his chest.

"Of course not. Don't be silly."

"Are you sure?" She said raising her head to look at him.

"Yeah. I want you to spend the weekend with me."

"Really? What made you change your mind?"

"Well, I just want you stay here with me, and for us to spend some quality time together. We can go to the movies, out to dinner, whatever."

"I would like that."

"But you can't try to seduce me." He said jokingly.

"Okay." She said laughing.

Later that night Chandler and Monica had returned to his house. They had went back to her and Rachel's apartment to get her some clothes. Chandler let her stay in the guest room, which was down the hall from his room. While she was changing into her night clothes, she heard him coming out of the bathroom. He had just gotten out of the shower. Monica was so tempted to go into his room, but she fought the urge. Instead, she got into bed and turned out the light.

Chandler was in bed trying to go to sleep, but it was impossible. He wanted to kiss Monica good night, but he was afraid that if he was to go into her room, he wouldn't leave out until the morning. He tossed and turned for 20 minutes until he heard his door open. It was Monica. He slowly sat up in bed and turned on the lamp.

"Monica?"

"Hey. I just wanted to kiss you good night." She said going over and sitting on the bed.

"You think that's a good idea?" He asked.

"Yes, that's why I came in here." She said grinning.

She leaned in and they kissed each other very softly on the lips. She wanted to pull the covers back and climb in next to him, and the kiss she gave him told him so. He reluctantly broke the kiss and looked into her eyes and smiled.

"Monica, believe me, I really want to, but I think we should wait."

"Chandler, I'm not glass. I won't break."

"I know," He said caressing her face.

"Well, good night." She said softly kissing him again.

When she left his room he reached over and turned off the lamp. He covered his face with his hands. He wanted her so bad just now. He didn't know how he kept his cool. And he didn't know how he would get to sleep that night. He wanted to make love to her all night and have her fall asleep in his arms, but he willed himself to stay in his room. One part of him felt silly for holding off sleeping with her, but the other side of him wanted to show her respect. She was still vulnerable and he didn't want to take advantage of that.

Monica lay in bed thinking about Chandler. She had never met anyone like him. If that were any other guy, he would have slept with her a while ago. He told her that if she hadn't been in such a stressful relationship they could take the relationship to the next level. She was happy to finally be in a relationship with a person who put her feeling before his own. She knew that Chandler wanted to make love to her just as much as she wanted to make love to him, but was considering her feelings. He didn't just want to satisfy his sexual needs, he wanted to satisfy her emotional needs first. And she really respected him for that.

Two weeks later Monica is packing her things to spend the weekend with Chandler. While she's packing, Phoebe and Rachel walk into her room.

"So Mon, you think this is going to be THE weekend?" Rachel asked sitting on the bed.

"I don't know. That's up to him."

"I still can't believe that the two of you haven't slept together." Rachel said.

"Well, Phoebe hasn't slept with Joey yet."

"Well, we were thinking that tonight's the night." Phoebe said grinning.

"This is unbelievable. You mean to tell me that you haven't slept with Joey yet?" Rachel asked surprised.

"No, why is that so hard to believe?" Phoebe asked.

"Well, cause it's you know....it's Joey." Rachel said.

"So."

"I mean, you've been spending the last three weekends with him and you haven't slept together. I mean, doesn't it drive you crazy?"

"Of course it does. I have to force myself to stay in my room at night. There were nights when I wanted to sneak in his room while he was sleeping, but I have to wait until he's ready."

"How do you control yourself?" Rachel asked.

"Oh believe me, it's not easy. I don't know how I do it."

"I really respect him for holding out though." Rachel said.

"Yeah me too. It can't be easy for him." Phoebe said.

"I'm happy that you finally found someone who really cares and respects you Mon." Rachel said sincerely.

"Yeah, I like him. He's a good guy." Phoebe said.

"Thanks guys." She said hugging them.

When Phoebe returned home, there were boxes all over her apartment. She had insisted that Joey stay with her until he finds an apartment. It took some convincing, but he finally gave in. They had been looking for him a place to stay every day since he found out he was being evicted.

"Joey, I brought you something to eat!" She yelled.

"He came out of the bathroom and made his way through the boxes and over to Phoebe.

"Thanks." He said kissing her.

"Yeah, I brought you a meatball sub."

"Awww, Pheebs, you're the best!" He said kissing her again.

"You're just saying that because I brought you food." She said smiling.

Later that night Chandler and Monica returned to his house. They had just gotten back from dinner. Monica was tired, so she said that she wanted to head straight to bed. Chandler said okay, and he went over to her and softly kissed her lips. She reached up and put her hands to his face while he gently kissed her. He held her tightly around her waist. She ran her fingers through his hair and he put his hands to her face. Before things became intense, he stopped. She looked into his eyes, kissed him softly on the cheek and went to the guess room to go to sleep. He watched her as she walked up the stairs. He wanted her more and more, but for the most part, he was proud of himself for having so much self control.

While Monica was changing into her night clothes she smiled to herself. She remembered how insensitive Chandler was when she first met him. Now he was such a gentlemen and every since of the word. She felt lucky to be with him. With him maintaining self control, it only turned her on even more, and her respect and feelings for him grew stronger and stronger. She never thought that the two of them would end up together, but she was glad they did. He really took an interest in her and he did anything for her. He complimented her and treated her like a princess. She felt like the most important woman in the world when she was in his presence. Thinking about how much Chandler adored her brought tears to her eyes. At that moment he peaked in the room and noticed that she was crying.

"Mon, you okay?"

"Oh, I'm okay." She said smiling through her tears.

"Then why are you crying?" He asked concerned.

She walked over to the door and hugged him tightly. He rubbed her back and caressed her hair.

"Thank you." She said.

"What for?"

"For treating me like a princess." She whispered in his ear.

He smiled and held her even tighter. He thought she was so sweet, adorable, caring, and sexy, but at times she seemed like a fragile child in his arms. He wanted to keep her in his arms all night, but he knew if did, they would definitely have sex. He reluctantly pulled away from her and went to his room.

The next day she had awaken to breakfast in bed. He was sitting on the edge on the edge of the bed smiling at her.

"Wow, what did I do to deserve this?"

"I don't know." He answered jokingly.

When she asked him that question, she was really referring to her waking up to that gorgeous smile of his, but she didn't say anything. Instead she sat up to eat breakfast. Whenever she ate some of her food she fed him some also. They had planned to go somewhere, but she suggested that they spend some time alone in the house. Chandler thought it was good idea. They spend the whole day talking and cuddling on the couch in the living room. She like staying at home talking with him more than she liked going out. It was a chance to get to know each other better. She liked the way their relationship was going so far. He didn't take her for granted and she appreciated that about him.

Three days later Monica tried to get a hold of Chandler but had was in a meeting, and when she called his house after work, he wasn't there. She wondered if he was on his way over. She needed to tell him something, and she felt that it was important. Although she wasn't sure if he would like it, she felt that she should tell him anyway. She was in her room folding clothes when she heard a knock on the door. She went to answer it, and Chandler was standing there with a slight grin. They kissed and he came in. He sat at the kitchen table. He looked tired and a little irritated. Now she was even more nervous.

"So, how was your day?" She asked.

"Hectic."

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Why do you think something's wrong?"

"The expression on your face says it all."

"Well, I have some news."
 
 

WHAT DOES MONICA WANT TO TELL CHANDLER?

AND WHY IS SHE SCARED TO TELL HIM?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT ONE.......TOW CHANDLER AND MONICA...YOU KNOW!