ROMANCE UNEXPECTED

by Creassya
 

This takes place after The Confrontation. Monica finally got rid of Keith with the help of Chandler. Chandler later on comes to Monica and Rachel's apartment to tell Monica something, and Joey has a new love interest.

Chandler sits next to Monica ready to tell her important news. He's a little nervous about it. He's looking into her eyes trying to find the right words to say. All he really wanted to do was to hold and kiss her, but he knew he couldn't. Instead he took her by the hand.

"Well, I'm just gonna say it. I have to move."

"What?"

"My company is transferring me."

"Where?" She asked.

"I don't know yet. I'm guessing it'll be kinda far away."

Monica looked down at her hands. She felt like crying. They were getting to be so close, and now he has to leave. She was speechless. She didn't want him to go. She wanted him to stay right there with her.

"So, when will you find out?"

"Probably in the next few weeks or so. Are you all right?" He asked still holding her hand.

She looked down once again with her hand in his. She didn't want to lose him. He was the kind of person you didn't want to let go of. She just wanted to locked him in her room so that he couldn't get away. He was such a sweet person. She couldn't imagine not being able to see him as often as she does now.

Chandler noticed that she had tears in her eyes.

"Hey, we'll still get to see each other." He said caressing her hand.

She moved over closer to him and hugged him tightly. He rubbed her back and caressed her hair.

Joey stopped kissing her again, and got up. He started pacing around the room.

"Joey, what's wrong?" Phoebe asked.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just a little nervous about us."

"I'm not."

"Really?"

"Of course not. You're my bestfriend. You understand me better than anyone I know. I trust you." Phoebe said.

Joey sat back down next to Phoebe and looked into her eyes. He rubbed her leg with one hand while caressing her face with the other hand. He wanted to be with Phoebe but he was scared. He didn't want to disappoint her in any way. He had never met anyone like her. A lot of people thought of her as being strange, but not him. He thought that she was an amazing woman. He felt lucky just to be near her.

"That means a lot." He said blushing.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it does. I don't have to pretend when I'm with you. I can just be myself."

"Me too." Phoebe said.

Two days later, Monica is sitting at the kitchen table in her nightclothes staring at the table when Rachel walks in from her date.

"Mon, what's wrong?"

"Everything." She answered sadly.

"I'm listening," Rachel said sitting down across from her.

"I can't tell you."

"What?" Monica, you can tell me anything. Is this about Chandler leaving?"

"Yeah."

"You have feelings for him don't you?"

"What?" She said in shock.

"Come on Monica. I see the way you two look at each other."

"Yeah right."

"Monica, Chandler adores you. I can see it in his eyes. He likes you." She said smiling.

"Yeah, as a friend." She said sadly.

"Monica, there's no way that he only sees you as a friend." Rachel commented.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because Monica, he practically flew here over when you were having trouble getting Keith out of here. You had to beg him to stop beating up him up." Rachel said laughing.

"He was just being a friend."

"Okay, whatever you say. I know I'm right."

"What do you think about him?" Monica asked.

"I think he's the one."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He's really sweet and funny, not to mention cute. He's always there for you when you need him, and even when you don't need him. He's a keeper Mon."

"I know!" She whined.

"So, do something about it."

"What do mean?"

"Well, he's been the perfect gentlemen right? He hasn't made a move on you?"

"No."

"Well, tell him how you feel about him before he leaves."

"You mean to make him stay?"

"No. You should just tell him just to tell him. It's so obvious you want to."

"You're right. I do. I'm tired of waiting for him to say something." Monica said.

Later that night, while Monica was listening to the radio in her room, she came up with an idea. She got up off the bed and reached for the phone.

Rachel was sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine when Phoebe and Joey entered holding hands.

"Hey guys. Where were you coming from?" Rachel said.

"Oh, we just came from the movies." Phoebe said looking at Joey.

"I still can't believe the two of you got together." Rachel said smiling.

"Me either." Joey said smiling.

"You don't think we make a cute couple?" Phoebe asked cuddling close to Joey.

"Of course I do."

"So, where's Mon?" Phoebe asked.

"She's in her room."

"Is she still bummed about Chandler having to leave?" Phoebe asked.

"Yeah, they're really close you know." Rachel said.

"I think Chandler has a thing for her." Joey said.

"I think they have a thing for each other." Phoebe said.

"That's so obvious." Rachel said going over and getting something to eat out of the refrigerator.

Chandler was sitting on his bed finishing up some work on his laptop when the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hi."

"Monica." He said sighing and leaning back against the bed.

"Listen, I need for you to turn on the radio."

"Why?"

"Just turn on the radio right now, and call me right back."

She hung up the phone before Chandler could say another word. He got up off the bed and went over to turn on the radio.

"Okay, I have a request. She said it's urgent. She wants me to play the song, Love For All Seasons by Christina Aguilera, one of her favorite recording artist. The song hasn't been released yet, but I guess there's no harm in playing it just this once. So Chandler, if you're listening, this song is dedicated to you from your bestfriend Monica. She says that you mean the world to her and she's eternally grateful to you for always being there. Also, she says that you should really listen to the words in the song. It expresses the way she feels about you."

Love For All Seasons

Hey there boy did ya happen to know
Wherever you go I'll follow
Ooo babe you're like a cool breeze
On a summer day
When you're near me
I don't know what to do
I feel like a fool
Like a schoolgirl
True blue girl
Who wants to know
Can you come out and play
You make me feel the way a woman
Is supposed to feel so let me show you
Show you that my love's for real

I'll be the rain in you summer
The chill in your fall
I'll be whatcha want
Anything at all
I've got a love for all seasons
A love for all time
I'll be the fire in the winter
The sun in your spring
I'll do what you want
Give ya everything
I've got a love for all seasons
A love for all time

I'll be there for you
Keepin you warm
Through the storm
I'll guide you
Stand by you until the stars fall from the sky
When you call me
I never hesitate
Makin you wait for my love
Never lie love
It's something that I just can't deny
I'll read your each and every feelin
When you need me to
So now I gotta let you know
This love's for you

Repeat Chorus

You don't have to search no more
Baby you don't have to dream
Cause what I've got inside for you
It's all that you'll ever need
You don't have to search no more
My heart is yours
For real for sure
You don't have to wonder why
I'll never leave
I'll never lie

Repeat Chorus

When the song ended Chandler sat back on his bed in shock.  He was so touched by the song. He couldn't believe that Monica actually felt the same way he did. He got back up off the bed, put his clothes back on, and left.

Monica sat in her room impatiently waiting for Chandler to call her. After a half hour, she couldn't take it anymore. She picked up the phone and dialed his number. There was no answer. Instead of leaving a message, she just hung up. She figured that the song probably freaked him out and he wasn't answering the phone. She wondered if she had made a mistake by dedicating that song to him.

Half hour later Phoebe, Joey, and Rachel were playing cards at the kitchen table. There was a knock on the door, so Rachel got up to answer it.

"Chandler! What are you doing here?"

"Hey Rach, everybody, where's Mon?" He asked nervously.

"She's in her room. You can go in."

Monica had just finished putting on her nightgown and sat back down on her bed when Chandler slowly entered her room. She felt her heart drop when he came in and closed the door. She stood up and waited for him to speak, but there were no words between the two of them. They just stared at each other, too nervous to speak. She began shaking when Chandler slowly walked towards her and stood inches away from her. She didn't know what to make of the silence. He looked down at the floor for a second, then  looked back at Monica's face. She looked into his eyes unable to read his expression. He slowly walked towards her again, put his hands to her face, looked deep into her eyes, caressed her hair, and leaned in to kiss her softly and passionately on the mouth. She put her hands to his face enjoying the kiss. She was happy that he decided to come over instead of calling. It was much better to be able to see him and kiss him. He had the softest lips, and the smoothest skin. She was also happy that she made the first move.

Phoebe, Joey, and Rachel were all wondering what was going on in Monica's room.

"So, you think they're in there having sex?" Joey asked with a smirk on his face.

"Joey." Rachel shouted.

"What?"

"You're unbelievable." Rachel said smiling.

"Come on Rach, you mean to tell me you weren't thinking the same thing?"

"No, I wasn't. They're probably in there just talking?"

"Yeah right. At 11:30 at night?" Joey said.

"Maybe they're in there kissing." Phoebe said smiling.

"Guys, can we continue playing cards?"

"Okay." Phoebe said grinning at Joey.

Chandler and Monica stopped kissing and looked at each other. The kiss from him nearly took her breath away. She gently touched his face as he closed his eyes. Her hands felt good against his skin. She moved her hand from his face and slowly slid her hand down toward the front of his neck, and then toward the back. She slowly ran her fingers up into his hair and began softly kissing him on his neck. He was in heaven. While she was kissing his neck, he held her tightly and caressed her hair. Fifteen minutes had already passed without a word from either of them. They had so much pent up sexual tension, that words were the last thing on their minds at the time.

It was now going on 1:00 in the morning and Chandler hadn't come out of Monica's room. They were all eager to find out what was going on between them, but they were tired and ready to go to bed. Phoebe and Joey left as soon as they finished playing cards, and Rachel headed off to bed. She figured that Chandler would stay the night, and she would see him in the morning.

Chandler and Monica were sitting on the bed talking. He was rubbing her legs while she sat on his lap running her fingers through his hair.

"So, where does this leave us?" He asked.

"I don't know. I was hoping that we would become more than friends."

"Me too. I never thought that you would look at me this way."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know."

"You don't give yourself enough credit." Monica said into his ear.

"Monica?"

"Yeah." She whispered softly into his ear.

"You're getting me excited. The whispering in my ear."

"Seriously?" She whispered again.

"Monica, we don't want to do this yet." He said softly. I'm not sure how long I can control myself."

"Okay, you're right." She said smiling.

Chandler gets up off the bed, and Monica walked him to the door and kissed him. She watched him walk down the steps with a smile on her face. She closed the door and stood with her back against it and sighed deeply. Then she slowly walked back to her room.

The next morning, Joey was at Phoebe's apartment cooking her breakfast.

"Here you go Pheebs." He said handing her a plate of food and giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Thank you."

"For what? The food or the kiss?"

"Well, both." She said laughing.

After they finished eating breakfast they sat on the couch talking, kissing, and cuddling.

"Have I ever told you how sexy you are Mr. Tribbianni?"

"Hmmmm, let me think....nah.

"Well, in that case, I think you're incredibly sexy." She said holding his face in her hands.

"Hey, how you doin?"

Phoebe laughed at him, then kissed him. He was caressing her chin with his thumb. Right before he leaned in to kiss her again, her phone rang.

"Hello."

"Is Joey Tribbianni there?"

Phoebe handed him the phone. Seconds later Joey handed her the phone to hang up. He had a shocked look on his face.

"Joey, what's wrong? What did he say?"

Right after work, Chandler got on the train to New York to see Monica. When she heard a knock on the door from her room, she knew that it was Chandler. She ran out of her room to answer the door. When they saw each other their faces lit up. He walked in and gave her a kiss. He went and sat on the couch while she closed the door.

"You want anything to eat, or drink?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay." She said walking over and sitting on the table.

"Monica, they told me where they'll be transferring me."
 
 

WHAT BAD NEWS HAS JOEY RECEIVED?

AND WHERE IS CHANDLER GOING TO BE MOVING TO?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT ONE......CHANGES