THE CONFRONTATION!
``````````````````````````````````
by Creassya
 

This takes place after Catching Feelings. Monica no longer wants to be with Keith. When she tried to break it off with him, he became angry with her. She repeatedly told him to leave, but he refused. While locked in her room, she called Chandler for help. When she came out of her room and asked him to leave, he became physical with her. With Keith's hand tightly around her wrist, Chandler burst into the apartment.......
 

"Keith, let her go now!"

"What are you gonna do if I don't?"

"I'll just have to make you!" Chandler shouted inching closer to him.

Keith was getting sick of Chandler. He let go of Monica's wrist and went over to Chandler who was standing in the kitchen by the table. The two of them stood face to face. Both were angry and ready to swing. Monica was scared. She didn't want them to start fighting.

"I'd like to know exactly what you're going to do to me." Keith said.

"I don't think you want to find out, so just leave."

"Make me." Keith said pushing Chandler almost to the floor.

Chandler kept his balance and pushed him back. Keith swung at Chandler but he ducked. When he swung at Chandler a second time, he ducked again and hit him in the stomach. Keith bawled over in pain. Monica was yelling at them to stop. Chandler grabbed him by the collar and threw him out of the apartment and threatened to call the police if he came back. Keith was furious. From the other side of the door, they could hear him yelling.

"You haven't seen the last of me Monica!"

Chandler opened the door and saw him leaving. He closed the door and turned around to look at Monica. She had tears in her eyes. Chandler went over and hugged her. She cried uncontrollably in his arms. He hated to see her in so much pain. He held her tightly, not wanting to let her go.

Phoebe, Joey, and Rachel, were heading up the stairs when they saw Keith heading down toward them looking very angry. They just looked at him and said nothing. Instead, they ran up the stairs to see if Monica was all right. When they burst in the door they found Chandler holding Monica as she cried.

"Guys, what happened?" Rachel asked.

"She just broke up with Keith."

They were happy he was gone, but puzzled as to why she was crying.

"Did something else happen?" Joey asked.

Chandler lead Monica over to the couch and they sat down. He contemplated weather or not to tell them what happened. Monica wiped the tears from her eyes and leaned back against the couch.

"Keith wouldn't leave when I asked him to. I locked myself in my room for hours. When I realized that he wasn't gonna leave, I called Chandler.

"So is this the emergency you had?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, why didn't you tell us?" Joey asked.

"I don't know. I wasn't sure if Monica wanted everybody to know right then. She was embarrassed."

"Mon, what happened to your wrist?" Rachel asked noticing the redness.

"He grabbed my wrist really hard."

"He didn't hit you did he?" Joey asked getting angry.

"I think he would have if Chandler hadn't come in when he did." She said looking at him.

Chandler felt a little embarrassed at the praise she was giving him. He just did what he had to do. She was his bestfriend. He needed to be there for her no matter what. If Monica hadn't been there he would have gotten a couple more hits off him. Out of respect for her he just decided to throw him out. He wanted to really hurt Keith for causing Monica so much pain.

"Has he ever hit you before?" Phoebe asked.

"No, but I was afraid that he would one day. I can't believe I stayed with him for this long." She said with tears filling her eyes again.

"We didn't know things were so bad with you two." Rachel said.

"I was too embarrassed to say anything. I know you guys didn't like him."

"I hated him." Joey said.

"I did too." Rachel said.

"I was beginning to hate him too." Monica confessed.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Chandler asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, now that he's gone. Chandler, I can't thank you enough," She said leaning against his chest.

He held her close once again as if he and Monica were the only two people in the room. He loved to feel her body close to his. She was so fragile, sweet, adorable, and sexy to him. He liked feeling needed by her even if she only saw him as a friend. The others watched as Chandler held Monica in his arms. She had started to cry again, but being in his arms seemed to calm her a bit. Rachel noticed how comfortable she looked in his arms.

Later that night, Chandler was lying In his bed thinking about Monica. He couldn't understand why someone would want to hurt someone as wonderful and sweet as her. From the moment they reunited, they clicked instantly. He now realized that they had a special bond. Just thinking about her brought a smile to his face. He knew that he and Monica could never be, but he couldn't help fantasizing about her and him together. Fantasizing about her and him somehow made him feel better. He had only been home for ten minutes and he wanted to see her, to hear her voice. He didn't exactly know when he had begun to have feelings for her. It just snuck up on him. He was glad that Keith was finally out of the picture, but he knew that she was going to be sad for a while. He wanted more than anything to see her happy. He was touched when Monica told him that he was her bestfriend, but he tried hard not to show it. Right before he left, he could see in her eyes that she didn't want him to go.

Monica is sitting on the couch with the remote in her hand. She didn't have the TV on. She just stared at the TV set with tears in her eyes. She wasn't crying about Keith this time. She felt like a loser. She didn't think that she would ever find happiness in the arms of a man again. At the thought, she began thinking about Chandler. He was as close to perfection as far as she could see. He was definitely her bestfriend. He was a true friend in every sense of the word. She felt extremely lucky to have someone like him looking after her. She liked how he often times took the humorous approach to make her feel better. She was so grateful to him for really being there in her time of need. She saw Chandler as her guardian angel. Someone who's always there to protect her. She not only liked him because he was there for her, but she liked him because he was funny, and easy to be around. Just being in his presence filled her with happiness even when she was sad. Her face lights up when ever he walks into a room. (Who could blame her right)

The next week the gang all went to Chandler's house to hang out. When they walked in, he immediately hugged Monica. They greeted each other like this all the time. Rachel was beginning to think that the two of them liked each other. She saw a smile on Monica's face more often these days. The old Monica was returning. While she was with Keith, she barely hung out with her friends. Ross was extremely upset that Keith put his hand on his sister, but he was very grateful to Chandler for being such a strong support system for Monica. Chandler never criticized her, or told her she should leave Keith, even though he felt that she should. He kept all his comments to himself. Instead, he let her do the talking and he did all the listening. There were times when she asked him if he thought she should leave him, but he told her that it was none of his business, and that she should do what she felt was right. She appreciated that about him. It was hard for him to hold in his feelings toward Keith. He told her that his main purpose was to be there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on, and someone to laugh at.

They were sitting around the living room laughing and talking. Chandler was happy to see her smiling. And so were the others.

"Come on Joey, did that really happen to you?" Chandler asked.

"Yeah. She ran over my foot with her car."

"Why on earth would she do something like that?" Monica asked laughing along with the others.

"I'm guessing that she didn't want me to break up with her." He said.

"Joey, you're such a pig." Rachel said, still laughing.

"Hey, it wasn't funny. I still have a scar on my right foot." He said frowning up his face.

The look on his face really made everyone laugh.

"Come on guys. lay off him. He's not that bad." Phoebe said smiling.

"Thanks Pheebs." Joey said.

"Okay Joey, we're sorry." Monica said ceasing to laugh.

"Hey, speak for yourself," Chandler said.

Every time they looked in Joey's direction they laughed at him. Phoebe laughed also, but she tried hard not to.

"Okay, enough. You've all had a good laugh at my expense."

"Okay Joey, we're done now." Rachel said, trying to control herself.

Chandler made a weird noise and they all started laughing again. Monica was in tears because she was laughing so hard. She couldn't remember the last time she laughed that hard. She had really missed being around her friends like this. When it was time for them to leave, they all hugged and kissed each other. Monica was the last to head for the door.

Two hours later while Chandler was lying in bed about to go to sleep, when the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hi Chandler."

"Is this my favorite person?" He asked.

"And who might that be?" She said smiling.

"Don't know actually." He said jokingly.

"I just wanted to call and thank you for such a good time tonight."

"You don't have to thank me. It was good to see you smiling again."

"Has anyone ever told you how hilarious you are?" She asked.

"Nah, no one really thinks I'm that funny." He joked.

"Come on, you gotta be kidding me."

"Okay, maybe I am."

"I love talking to you." She said laughing.

"Why?" He asked blushing.

"Well, you're a fun person to talk to."

"So are you." He said.

"Chandler, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Is there anything that you want to tell me?" She asked, getting serious.

"Why?" he asked sitting up.

"Well, it just occurred to me that, I've been confiding in you, but you haven't done the same."

"I'm fine Monica, really."

"Well, I hope you know that you can always come to me when you need someone to talk to." She said sincerely.

Chandler closed his eyes and put his hand to his heart. She sounded so sweet and sincere. He loved listening to her voice on the phone.

"I know." He said leaning against the bed post.

He wanted to tell her so badly that he wanted to be with her, but he couldn't. He wasn't sure how she would react and she was just getting out of a bad relationship. He didn't want to take advantage of her.

She listened to his voice on the other end. They stayed on the phone all night. Neither of them wanted to hang up. Things became quite after a while. She was getting sleepy. She laid under the covers listening to Chandler's slow breathing. He had fallen asleep. She wished that he was lying next to her.

"Chandler, I wish you were here with me right now." She said in a low voice.

She knew that he didn't hear her, but she felt the need to say it aloud. She wanted to feel his arms around her until she fell asleep. Whenever she was in his arms, she felt that nothing could hurt her. She knew that Chandler only saw her as a friend, but she wanted him more and more each day. She had her radio on with the volume down low. The disc jockey announced that he had gotten a request from a woman who was sending the Song Blessed, By Christina Aguilera, out to her boyfriend. Monica closed her eyes and listened to the song. The words to the song spoke to her. It was the way she felt about Chandler.

BLESSED

When I think how life used to be
Always walking in my shadows
Then I look at what you've given me
I feel like dancing on my tiptoes
I must say every day I wake
And realize you're by my side

I know I'm truly blessed
For everything you've given me
Blessed for all the tenderness you've shown
I'll do my best
With every breath that's in me
Blessed
To make sure you never go

There are times that test your faith
Til you think you might surrender
And baby I'm, I'm not ashamed to say
That my hopes were growing slender
You walked by in the nick of time
Looking like an answered prayer

I know I'm truly blessed
For everything you give me
Blessed for all the tenderness you show
I'll do my best
With every breath that's in me
Blessed
To make sure you never go

I'm blessed with love and understanding
Blessed when I hear you call my name
I'll do my best with faith that's never-ending
Blessed to make sure you feel the same

Deep inside of me
You fill me with your gently touch

I know I'm truly blessed
For everything you give me
Blessed for all the tenderness you show
I'll do my best
With every breath that's in me
Blessed
To make sure you never go

She woke up the next morning with the phone deep underneath the covers. She picked up the phone and put it to her ear. She was about to hang up until she heard Chandler's voice.

"Monica?"

"Chandler?"

"Well, good morning." He said in a low sexy tone.

She smiled to herself. His voice was incredibly sexy, especially when he spoke low.

"Good morning. Sleep good?" She asked.

"Yeah. Did you?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I would love to stay and talk with you, but I have to go to work." He said.

"Yeah, me too. I'll talk to you later then."

"Okay. Have a good day." He said.

"You too."

Later that day Joey was sitting in his apartment talking to a female friend of his. He was attracted to her the minute he laid eyes on her. He's flirted with every female he found attractive except this woman sitting there in front of him. He had the highest respect for her, and he deeply valued her opinions. He found himself staring into her eyes. She was beautiful. At times he felt that she viewed him as a sleazy pig, but she didn't. She respected him and understood him. He told her that the reason for him flirting was because he was so insecure about himself. She couldn't understand that, because she thought he was so handsome. She didn't judge him the way other females did. This made him have even more respect for her.

"Joey, what's wrong?" She asked

"Why?"

"I don't know. You seem preoccupied with something." She said touching his hand.

"I was just thinking about something."

"What about?"

"You don't wanna know."

"Come on Joey, you can tell me. Are you thinking about some girl you like?" She asked smiling.

"Well, now that you mentioned it, yeah."

"So, who is she?" She asked strangely.

"You." He said caressing her hand.

"Really?" She asked excited.

Joey came closer to her and they kissed each other passionately, but sweetly. When they pulled apart, they looked into each other's eyes and smiled. She had been waiting for that kiss for so long.
 

After work Chandler got on the train and headed to New York to see Monica. When he got there she was so happy to see him.

"Hey." She said beaming.

"Hey." He said going over and sitting on the couch.

"What's up?"

"Well, I have something important to tell you." He said seriously.

"Okay, I'm listening." She said sitting next to him on the couch. What did you wanna tell me?"
 
 
 
 

WHAT DO YOU THINK HE'S GOING TO TELL HER?

IS HE FINALLY GOING TO TELL HER HOW HE FEELS ABOUT HER?

AND ALSO, WHO IS THE MYSTERY WOMAN JOEY HAS FEELINGS FOR?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT ONE........ROMANCE UNEXPECTED