CATCHING FEELINGS.....

  by Creassya
 
 
 

This takes place after The Unexpected. Monica has realized that she's gotten herself in a dysfunctional relationship. The guy that she's dating doesn't like her friends and is trying to come in between them.
 

Monica is lying in bed with tears in her eyes. She didn't want to get out of bed. Her relationship with Keith was going from bad to worst. She thought that by talking to him about their problems it would make the relationship get better little at a time, but she was wrong. When Keith got out of bed to take a shower, she called off from work. She didn't have the energy to deal with anybody. When she heard Keith coming into the room, she quickly wiped her tears away and turned over.

"Monica, why aren't up getting ready for work?"

"I'm not feeling well."

"What's wrong?" He asked going over to her side of the bed.

"I don't know. I just feel sick."

"Well, I guess you should rest then."

He gets dressed pretty quickly. He then goes over to Monica and kisses her on the forehead and leaves.

Chandler is in his office in New Jersey. He had just gotten off the phone with Ross. They made plans for the weekend and Ross mentioned that he was going over to Monica's to check up on her because she was sick. Chandler decided that he would give her a call.

Monica was sitting on the couch watching TV when the phone rang. She didn't feel like talking, so she let the answering machine pick up.

"Monica, this is Chandler, I was just calling to see if you're all right."

She reached over and picked up the phone.

"Hi Chandler."

"Hi Mon, are you okay?"

"Not really."

"Is it Keith?" He asked.

"Oh my God. How do you do that?"

"It's a gift." He said smiling.

"Everybody thinks I'm sick, but I'm really....

"Depressed?"

"Yeah. I just can't deal with anybody today. Well, except for you." She said.

She couldn't tell that he was grinning on the other end.

"Well, I'll be coming into town this weekend. Maybe you, me, and Ross could get together."

"Sounds like a good idea."

"Mon, is this gonna cause a problem with you and Keith?"

All of a sudden Monica burst into tears. Chandler got up out of his chair. He didn't mean to make her cry.

"Maybe I shouldn't go." She said sobbing.

"Mon, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...

"No, it's not your fault." She said.

"I hate seeing you like this." He said.

"I hate going through this."

Chandler talked to her for a little while longer until she stopped crying. When she hung up with him, she was feeling a little better. Him being able to make her laugh eased the pain she was feeling at the moment.

Phoebe is at the coffeehouse looking at a magazine when Joey enters.

"Hey Pheebs."

"Hey. So, how did the date go last night?"

"Well.....

"Joey, don't tell me you dumped her."

"Okay, I won't."

"Joey, what's the problem?" Phoebe asked.

"What do mean?"

"Well, the way you go through all these women. You sleep with them, and never call them back. Why do you that?"

"I don't know."

"How would you feel if a guy did that to one of your sisters?"

"I would want to rip his head off." He said defeated.

"Well, you should think about that the next time you sleep with a woman and you know you have no intentions on calling her back."

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" He asked sincerely.

"No of course not. You do bad things, but you're not a bad person." Phoebe said.

"Awww thanks." He said smiling.

Monica was on her way to her room when someone knocked on the door. She wondered who it could be because her friends just walked in. She slowly walked to the door and opened it.

"Did somebody order a Chandler?"

She laughed at his originality and they hugged. They stood in the doorway and hugged for a couple minutes before they pulled apart.

"What a nice surprise. I didn't expect to see you until Friday." She said closing the door.

"Well, I couldn't help it." He said walking over to the couch.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, when I heard you crying..I just...had to be here."

"You're so sweet." She said walking over and sitting on the couch.

"Really?" He asked jokingly.

"Yeah. Y'know...this really means a lot...you being here for me. I really appreciate it."

At that moment Chandler wanted to kiss her. He was starting to feel a special connection between them. It was overwhelming. They were good friends, but he wanted more than friendship. He wanted companionship.

"It's no problem." He said sitting across from her on the living room table.

"You're my bestfriend Chandler." She said sincerely.

"Same here."

Chandler's feeling for Monica reminds me of this song called Catching Feelings, by Sammie.......

CATCHING FEELINGS

Just a bit older now
And I wonder why, why
We started out as bestfriends
Just a bit older now
I remember when
We would stay up all night
Talking on the telephone
Rappin til the sun came up
It's so funny how things have changed cause
Now I don't know exactly what to say
To find out if
She feels the same way
And if she don't
Then that would break my heart
I'll keep it to myself
Even though I know that it will be hard

CHORUS:

Catching Feelings
Like I've never done before
I can't believe I'm falling for her
Catching Feelings
Don't wanna hold back no more
Cause she's the only one I adore

I tried to hide the
The way I feel for her
But when she's near me
I tend to let it show
Getting jealous
When others talk to her
Why can't I get the nerve to call
And let my feelings show girl
Now I don't know
Exactly what to say
To find out if
She feels the same way
And if she don't
Then that would break my heart
I'll keep it to myself
Even though I know that it will be hard

Repeat Chorus

Although I dream of
You becoming my girl
I also want to be your bestfriend
Cause you're the only girl I want in my world
I try to front but I just can't pretend

Repeat Chorus

I never thought I'd fall for her
Being friends was cool enough
I miss the way we used to roll
But I had to catch these feelings
Now I can't build up the nerve
Or find the words to say to her
I really really miss the way
We used to be

While Chandler and Monica were talking, Keith walked in. When he saw Chandler, his face turned a bright red.

"What is he doing here?" Keith asked angrily.

"Why don't you ask me? She didn't know I was coming over." Chandler said standing up.

"Why are you here?"

"I heard that one of my bestfriends was sick. Do I really need a reason?" Chandler asked angrily.

"Guys, please don't start, not today." She pleaded.

"Well, I need some time alone with Monica."

"Does that mean you're telling me to leave?" Chandler asked.

"Yes, that's what I'm telling you." Keith answered.

"Chandler, I'll see you later okay." She said.

Chandler and Keith glared at each other. Chandler hated him. Keith made his way over to Monica while Chandler was walking out the door.

"I don't like that guy."

"You don't like any of my friends."

"Well, how could I?"

"Excuse me?"

"Look Monica, I don't wanna get into this right now."

"Why not. You get like this every time I'm around my friends."

"I said I don't want to discuss this." He said.

"Fine." She said.

Later that day, Monica and Keith were watching a movie when Rachel walked in. She hated seeing him when she came home from work. She never got the chance to talk to Monica alone anymore.

"Hey guys."

"Hey Rach. Wanna watch this movie with us?" Monica asked.

"No, I"m leaving in about ten minutes."

"Where are you going?"

"Oh, we're all going to Chandler's."

"Oh." Monica said.

"Yeah, we're catching the train. We just figured we should hang out where he lives for a change." Rachel said.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea."

"Yeah, we were just gonna wait until the weekend but we're not doing anything else so...Hey are you feeling any better? I heard that you were sick."

"No." She answered feeling sad.

"Well, I could stay here if you want me to." Rachel said.

"No, don't be silly. I'll be fine."

Rachel sensed that Monica wanted to come along, but Keith wouldn't be too happy about that.

"Are you sure?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

Before Rachel went into her room, Joey came in.

"You ready Rachel?"

"Yeah, just give me five minutes."

"What part of Jersey does he live in again?" Joey asked.

"Madison." Rachel answered.

"Oh, all right. Well, we'll all be waiting for you at the coffeehouse."

"Okay." She said going into her room.

Joey told Monica that he hopes that she feels better and left. He didn't like Keith either. He didn't even bother to speak to him like the others did. Rachel was ready in five minutes. She went over to the couch and gave Monica a kiss on the cheek and left. Monica felt like crying. She wanted to go. She didn't want to be there with Keith. She was beginning to hate him. Her friends were going off doing things together and she was stuck at home. Keith noticed the sad look on her face and became angry.

"Did you want go with them?" He asked angrily.

"What are you getting so angry for. I'm here with you okay?"

"That's not what I asked you."

"Yes, okay. I did want to go, but instead, I decided to stay here with you." She said getting upset.

"Oh, don't do me any favors."

"I don't feel like arguing Keith." She said getting up and heading toward her room.

"And where are you going?"

"What, I can't even go to my room now?"

"I don't really care where you go." Keith said sitting on the couch.

"Oh really? Well, you know what? You can go home."

"I'm not going anywhere." He said, his voice full of menace.

Monica went into her room, slammed the door and locked it. She had no intentions on coming out until he left. She had tears in her eyes. She was incredibly depressed and she hated it. She went over and turned on the radio and laid on her bed crying. As soon as she laid on the bed, the song Obvious, by Christina Aguilera blared from the radio. Okay, I just heard this song recently, and I fell in love with it. It describes what Monica's going through.

Obvious

Can you hear it in my voice
Was it something I let slip
Does the whole world know
Isn't it obvious?
I'm the one who's in control
Now I'm acting like a fool
Do my feelings show
Is my face aglow
Isn't it obvious?

That I don't know what
I'm doing anymore
I'm feeling like a little girl
Caught up in emotions
I'm out of control
Isn't it obvious?

Do you see my hands
They tremble
Wonder why I can't look
You in the eyes
Don't know how long I
Can keep this inside
Isn't it obvious?

I don't know what I'm
Doing anymore
I'm feeling like a little girl
Caught up in emotions
I'm out of control
Isn't it obvious?

Suddenly these emotions
Are in control of my heart
Can you see it in my eyes
Every glance, every smile
Must give me away
And I feel so much I can't hide

And I don't know what
I'm doing anymore
I'm feeling like a little girl
Caught up in emotions
I'm out of control
Isn't it obvious?

Hours later, Monica notices that Keith hasn't left yet. He was beginning to scare her. She didn't know what to do.

Chandler and the gang were just coming back from dinner when the phone rang.

"Chandler?" Monica whispered.

"Mon, what's wrong?" He asked going into his bedroom and closing the door.

"It's Keith. He won't leave. I told him to get out and he's still here. I've locked myself in my room. He's been here for hours. He won't leave." Monica said crying.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Chandler, thank you."

"No problem, just stay in your room."

"Okay."

Chandler explained to them that he had an emergency he had to take care of in New York. They all wanted to know what was going on, but he said that he didn't have time to explain it. He was quiet and tense the whole hour on the train ride to New York. Ross was dying to know what was wrong with Chandler, but he didn't want to push. The rest of the gang went to the coffeehouse, while Chandler made his way to Monica and Rachel's.

Monica peaked out of the door and noticed that he had finally left, so she came out of her room. When she went over to the couch she noticed that the bathroom door was closed. Before she could run back into her room, Keith came out looking very angry.

"Oh, so now you finally decide to come out huh?"

"Keith just leave. I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

When she said that, he became even more angry.

"You what?" He shouted.

"Please leave."

"I said, I'm not going anywhere." He said grabbing Monica's arm.

"Keith, let go of me!" She yelled.

Just then Chandler burst into the apartment. Keith turned around and glared at him.
 
 
 
 

WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT ONE.......THE CONFRONTATION!
                                                          `````````````````````````````