TIME TO PARTY!

by Creassya
 
 

This takes place after Blissful. Chandler and Monica are more in love than ever now. They've been reminiscing about the ups and downs of their relationship. Now that they've put the bad things that happened behind them, they can finally move on with their lives. We last left off where Chandler and Monica were slowing dancing. Monica gave Chandler a poem that she had written for him, and Chandler had some things he needed to say to her.
 

Monica looked into Chandler's blue eyes and saw something different in them. She could tell that he had something on his mind that he was struggling to get out. She touched his face to relax him and assure him that it was okay to tell her whatever it was that he needed to tell her. He touched her face and leaned in and softly kissed her mouth. He gazed into her eyes and tried to gather his strength. He didn't know why he was so nervous. She felt the same as him. She loved him.

"Chandler, you're shaking." She said caressing his hands.

He took a deep breath and began.

"I never thought it would come to this, me loving someone is much as I love you, and wanting to be with you all the time. You've completely filled a void in me that was impossible to fill with any other woman. You showed me what real love is, and for that, I'm grateful to you. I've never had anyone understand me as well as you do. You made it easy for me to open up. You took a commitment phobic person, and helped turn him into somebody who wants to spend the rest of his life with the women that he loves more than anything.

"Monica." He said kneeling down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

Monica had tears in her eyes. She was so shocked that she couldn't speak. The silence made Chandler even more nervous.

"Yes." She finally managed to choke out. "I would love to marry you."

Chandler sighed with relief. He then rose to his feet, reached into his pocket, slid the ring on her finger, and held her tightly in his arms. He couldn't believe his luck. Never in a million years did he think that this incredible, amazing woman, would love him this much and agree to spend the rest of her life with him. He held her in his arms in silence for a few more minutes savoring the moment. She began to softly kiss his neck. He closed his eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair and rubbed his back.

"I love you Chandler." She whispered.

He pulled back and gazed into her eyes.

"I love you too Monica."

He leaned in and kissed her very tenderly on the lips. Whenever Chandler looked at her and kissed her, she melted. She felt so lucky that he asked her to be his wife. She had been hoping that he would ask her to marry him for a while now, but she didn't think that he would ask her any time soon. They continued to kiss as they made their way back to the bedroom.

The whole weekend was a dream. Chandler made love to her all night. Every time she dozed off, he would awaken her with a kiss. She loved it. She and Chandler slept until noon. They were exhausted and spent the rest of the day in bed watching TV and cuddling. They made plans to have a big party to celebrate their engagement. Monica sat up and began making a list of everyone that they wanted to invite. They decided to keep their engagement a secret until the party. She had the list taken care of by the time they left the yacht.

When they returned home, Phoebe and Rachel wanted details. She and Chandler were holding hands when they entered her apartment. He kissed her and left. Monica sat at the kitchen table smiling. Phoebe and Rachel ran over to her and demanded that she tell them how their weekend went. She gave them all the details, except for the part where Chandler asked to marry her.

"Wow, I still can't believe Chandler can go all night." Phoebe said.

"Me either. I got like, no sleep Friday night, but who needs sleep anyway." Monica said grinning.

"It's so cool. It's like the two of you just started dating." Rachel said.

"Yeah, except for the not sneaking around part."

"Oh yeah, that seems like such a long time ago." Phoebe said.

Monica smiled to herself. She would never forget the look on Chandler's face when Ross chased him into her room. They thought Ross was going to kill him. She thought about how much fun it was making Phoebe and Joey think that her and Chandler had broken up, and how Phoebe and Joey had gotten Ross in on the act when they found out that they were pretending that they broke up.

Throughout the week Monica found it difficult to keep her and Chandler's engagement a secret. She was so glad that the weekend had finally arrived. Everyone wanted to know what the special occasion was. He just told them that it was a party to celebrate them finally getting their lives back to normal. He rented a banquet hall to have the party at instead of having it at Monica's or his and Joey's apartment. Chandler watched as Monica got dressed and fixed her hair. The gang was waiting for them in the living room, with the exception of Ross. He said that he was going to pick up Faye and he would see them there. Once Chandler and Monica were ready, they all left.

An hour into the party, more guest began to arrive, and soon the place was packed. There was expensive Champaign and an open bar. Once Ross and Faye arrived, Chandler stood on stage in front of a microphone to get everyone's attention. Once everyone quieted down, Monica walked up on stage and stood next to him. Jack and Judy were in front. Ronald and Lana were in back of them. Chandler and Monica joined hands and Chandler began to speak.

"I want to thank everyone for coming tonight....."

"Hey it's not over yet is it?" Joey yelled.

"No Joey." Monica answered.

Joey smiled and put his arm around the girl standing next to him.

"As I was saying, I'm glad that you all came tonight. The reason for this party is to celebrate the fact that Monica has agreed to be my wife. So as this turns out, it's an engagement party."

The crowd erupted with applause and cheers as Chandler and Monica shared a tender kiss. When they stepped off the small stage, Monica's parents were the first one's to congratulate and hug them. As they made their way around the room everyone else hugged and congratulated them. When they spotted Lisa and Shawn from the restaurant where Monica used to work before she quit, they went over to greet them.

"Congratulations guys." Lisa said hugging them.

"Yeah congratulations. We're really happy for you two." Shawn said.

"Thanks a lot." Monica said.

"We really miss you at the restaurant." Lisa said.

"I miss you guys too. I'm happy at the restaurant I'm at now."

"Good for you." Shawn said.

Lana made her way across the dance floor and found an empty table to sit at. She spotted Chandler and Monica in a corner kissing and smiled. She was really happy for them. She couldn't remember a time where she's seen a couple as in love as them. She watched as they stopped kissing and went over to their friends hand in hand. Ronald came over and sat next to her. When Chandler and Monica spotted her and Ronald, they made their way over to them.

"I've been seeing you two together quite often." Chandler teased as they sat down.

"Chandler." Monica said.

"Well, what can I say, she's good company."

"Yeah, so is he." She said smiling.

"So, is it official yet? Are you two a couple?" Chandler asked raising his eyebrow.

"Not yet. We went out last night, and we're going out again next week." She answered.

"That's great you guys." Monica said.

"We really appreciate everything you guys have done for us." Chandler said getting serious.

"I don't think we could have made it without your help." Monica said looking from Lana to Ronald.

"You two deserve the credit. You were willing to do whatever it took to get through all those obstacle that presented a problem and a threat to you, and you made it." Lana said.

"And you were smart enough to hire a private investigator." Ronald said.

"Yeah, but we just wanna say thanks." Monica said.

"You don't need to thank me. I mean, I was just doing my job." Lana pointed out.

"Will you just let us praise you for once?" Chandler said.

"Well, since you put it like that, okay." She said laughing.

While Chandler was talking to Doug and some other people from work, Monica was talking to Phoebe and her date. For a while Phoebe was afraid to date because of what happened with Jake. She had recently started dating a guy named Sam from where Rachel works. She was happy to see that Phoebe was getting much better. She still carried around a little guilt for giving Jake the information he needed on them, but she was working on it. She finally stopped apologizing to Chandler and Monica for what happened. She seemed much happier these days. She still had flashback occasionally, but not as often as she used to. Joey made his way over to them with a different girl on his arm. As he approached them, Monica shook her head and smiled. Even though she never approved of Joey's womanizing ways, it was nice to see him back to normal. Since the explosion, he only went out with a couple women. He told Monica that he didn't feel like dating with all that was going on. He wanted to be there for his friends.

Rachel noticed Chandler and Monica sitting at the table with Ronald and Lana again. Monica was sitting on Chandler's lap. They were laughing and having a good time. It was nice seeing them happy again. Even before the explosion they had experienced distance and conflict. She remembered walking into Monica's room and found her sitting on her bed crying with Chandler's poem held to her chest. When she read his poem to her she was surprised. She had never seen that side of him before. She knew from reading that poem, that Chandler really did love her. She always knew that Chandler was a sweet guy, but being with Monica turned him into a caring and responsible guy. He stood by Monica through everything. Rachel was surprised that they were able to stay together through it all. When they had that big fight and he left for a week, she thought that they would break up. She was glad that they didn't.

Monica was sitting on Chandler's lap. When she whispered in his ear he started laughing, then he kissed her. As they continued to talk to Ronald and Lana Monica played in his hair. Judy got Jack's attention and told him to look over at Chandler and Monica. When he looked over at them, he smiled. Judy really liked Chandler. She had never seen Monica happier. She wasn't sure the two of them would make it. When she began to cling to him it created problems. She was glad that Chandler had so much patience with her and decided to seek help after the explosion. If she would have known that being with Chandler would make Monica this happy she would have tried to set the two of them up back when he and Ross were in college. She decided to go over to them.

"Hey guys. Chandler, can I speak with for a minute?" Judy said.

"Sure."

Monica got up off his lap and sat in the chair.

"I hope she's not gonna threaten him or anything." Monica said.

"She'll be fine." Lana said.

Chandler and Judy went outside. He was a little nervous about what she wanted to talk to him about.

"Chandler, I just want to thank you." She said.

"Really? Why?"

"Well, for taking such good care of Monica. There were times I didn't think you two would make it, but you stuck by her and you made sure that she got the help that she needed. I'm really glad that you're going be my son-in-law." She said smiling.

"Wow, I totally didn't see that coming." He said grinning.

"I know I give Monica a hard time, but I don't mean to. It's kind of a hard habit to break. I grew up with a mother who constantly criticized me. I told myself that I wouldn't do that with my daughter, but I have. I hate that I've done that for so many years."

"You've acknowledged it. It's a big step."

"Well, she couldn't have picked a better person to marry." She said hugging him.

When Chandler walked back to the table, Monica was eager to know what her mother said to him.

"What was that all about."

"She gave us her blessing."

"She what?" Monica asked surprised.

"I told you it would be okay." Lana said.

"Come on, let's go dance." Ronald said to Lana.

They got up and left Chandler and Monica at the table by themselves.

"Yeah, she thanked me for taking care of you. She told me that she was glad I was gonna be her son-in-law."

"Oh my God!"

"I know."

When the song was over, Joey held up a Champaign glass and a fork to get everyone's attention. Once he had everyone's attention he began to speak.

"I want to dedicate this toast to two of the most important people in my life. My bestfriends Chandler and Monica. I remember when I first found out about you two." He said grinning. But I won't go into that. Anyway, you've been through some tough times together and you managed to somehow stay together. I just want to wish the two of you all the happiness in the world. To Chandler and Monica!" He said raising his glass.

"To Chandler and Monica!" Everyone shouted raising their glasses.

They looked at each other and smiled.

I also want to dedicate a song to them." He said looking at the DJ.

As the song began to play they got up and started dancing. (I love this song by Christina Aguilera)

Love Will Find A Way

No one ever said
That love was gonna be easy
Gotta take the ups and downs the in-betweens
If you take this journey
Gotta give yourself completely
Never let nobody ever step on our dreams

You better stop
Listen to these words that I say
You better stop
Don't ya throw this new thing away
Put your trust in me
And I'll make you see

No the rain won't last forever
Find a way to make it better
Long as we can stand together
Love will find a way
Gonna make a new tomorrow
Say goodbye to tears and sorrow
Better listen when I say
Love will find a way

Somebody tried to tell me
Love don't last forever
Said it only happens in your wildest dreams
After all is said and done
We're still here together
Never listen to the lies and jealousy

You better stop
Don't you let `em turn you around
You better stop
Hang on to this love that we've found
Nothing that they say can stand in our way

No the rain won't last forever
Find a way to make it better
Long as we can stand together
Love will find a way
Gonna make a new tomorrow
Say goodbye to tears and sorrow
Better listen when I say
Love will find a way

I want you, I need you
You know that I believe you
We got it, you know it
So if it's real, just show it

You better stop
Listen to these words the I say
Don't you throw this
Good thing away
Put your trust in me
And I'll make you see

While they were dancing they held each other close, even though it's not a slow song. When the song was over, they went over to talk to Ross and Faye. Everyone was having a good time at the party. When her parents were on their way out, they went over to say good-bye to Chandler and Monica. Jack congratulated them again and they left.

At 2am, when the last dance was over, balloons were released from the ceiling. While everyone was leaving Doug and his wife made their way over to Chandler and Monica.

"Boy you sure know how to throw one hell of a party Bing." Doug said slapping Chandler on the butt.

"Thank you Doug." He said smiling.

"You take care this pretty woman." Doug said.

"Will do."

When they all left, the gang started cleaning up. They told Chandler and Monica to relax and take a seat. Chandler was glad that he didn't have to clean up. He was tired. While he was sitting in a chair, Monica came over and sat on his lap. They had fun, but they were glad that the party was over. They gazed into each other's eyes and they kissed slowly and passionately. Monica wished that they were home right about now. Phoebe came over to them with a trash bag.

"Okay you two, get a room."

Chandler and Monica pulled apart and started laughing. They wished that could get a room at the moment. Phoebe went back to cleaning up. Monica leaned her head against his shoulder and he held her tightly. She looked at the gorgeous expensive ring sparkling on her finger and smiled. Things were definitely looking up now. With Jake and his brothers, and Dave in prison, the gang getting closer, and now his and Monica's engagement, they felt that there was nothing that they couldn't conquer. Chandler and Monica looked into each other's eyes again, both thinking about how lucky they were and he leaned in and kissed her. They knew that they stilled had wounds that needed to be healed, but they would deal with that one day at a time. Going through everything they had been through made them grow stronger as individuals and as a couple. The gang stopped cleaning and watched them kissing. They all smiled at each other and at Chandler and Monica. They knew that Chandler and Monica could withstand anything that came their way because they had each other.
 

WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT? LOL JK

THIS IS THE LAST FIC OF THIS SERIES, HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!
 

PERSONAL THANKS:

I would first like to thank my sister Charlene for always being there, and giving me enough encouragement to even allow others to read my fics when I didn't think they were good enough to put on different sites. I would also like to thank everyone who gave me feedback and encouraged me to write for a long time, and also supported my work in this series. It really means a lot to me, and I hope I can continue to keep you interested in the fanfics that I write.
 
 

THANKS A LOT!