*BLISSFUL*

BY CREASSYA
 
 
 

This takes place after Choices. Chandler and Monica have rediscovered the closeness they once shared before the explosion. In the midst of all that, Rachel got a raise and decided to move out. Chandler has plans for him and Monica. Let's find out what they are shall we.....:)
 

Monica felt someone sit on the bed so she slowly opened her eyes. She smiled at the gorgeous face that was staring into hers. She slowly sat up, careful not to spoil the orange juice on her lap. Chandler had made her breakfast in bed.

"Thank you Chandler. I truly don't deserve all this pampering." She said smiling.

"Yes you do."

"I love you." She said touching his face.

"I would love to sit and watch you eat, or even feed you, but I have to get to work."

"This early?"

"Yeah. I have some work to catch up on before this big meeting."

"Oh okay." She said eating.

Chandler was in his office finishing up his work early. He did have a big meeting after lunch, but he had to run some errands and take care of some important business during his lunch break.

Monica was waiting for Rachel to meet her at the coffeehouse. Five minutes later Rachel entered and took a seat on the couch next to Monica.

"Sorry I'm running late. Have you been here long?" Rachel asked.

"No, I just got here actually."

"Oh good. So, how was the romantic dinner last night?"

"I didn't get to cook because Chandler already had dinner waiting for me when I got home." She said smiling.

"Really? Wow!"

"I know." Monica said smiling.

"You and Chandler's relationship is so cute. I'm so happy the two of you are getting along."

"Me too. I mean, we've been to hell and back. I wasn't sure we'd make together."

"But you did. That's what's important."

Monica was sitting on the couch when Chandler entered the apartment. He came over to her and sat on the table. She looked at her watch.

"You're home late." She said kissing him.

"I know. I had to take care of some business."

"Oh."

"Aren't you gonna ask what kinda of business I had to take care of?"

"Why? I trust you Chandler." She said with a slight frown.

"Okay, well, ask me anyway."

"Chandler, are you okay?"

"That's not the question I wanted you to ask."

"Okay. What kind of business did you have to take care of?" She asked touching his face.

"I arranged for us to spend a romantic weekend on a yacht." He said excitedly.

"Are you serious?"

"Yep."

"How did you swing that?"

"Well, I have money, and plus I know a guy from work who's gonna let us use it for the weekend."

"Oh my God!"

"I know. Am I the greatest or what?"

"I love you!" She said throwing her arms around him.

"I guess that's a yes."

Monica was in her room packing her clothes for the weekend. She was so excited. She felt that they really needed to spend the weekend by themselves. She thought about all that's happened since her and Chandler became a couple. When they slept together for the first time in Hawaii, she told him that she was worried about their friendship, and that she had just gotten out of a relationship and she wasn't quite ready for them to start dating. When she came to the decision to end things before they really got started, she had doubts. She really wanted to be with Chandler more than anything, but part of her was scared. She did need time to deal with her and Pete's breakup, but during that time, she hoped that Chandler wouldn't get involved with anyone. For three months they were avoiding each other. Whenever then accidentally ran into each other, there was so much tension in the air. She hated it. There were barely any words spoken between them. They didn't know what to say to each other after they decided to just be friends. She thought about him constantly. She missed talking to him and hugging him. When they sat next to each other she felt really uncomfortable. She also wanted to hold and kiss him.

When she was finished packing her clothes, she sat on her bed and smiled. Thinking about that night in London often brought a smile to her face. Her mother was driving her crazy, and then she and Chandler got trapped in the elevator for three hours. She remembered him sitting in the opposite corner from her with his head in his lap. It looked as if he was struggling with something. Then he came over to her, held her hand in his and erased any doubt that she had that they should be together. Chandler meant the world to her, even when they were just friends.

Phoebe came into Monica and Rachel's apartment with two dozen roses in her hand. When she entered Monica's room, she saw Monica smiling to herself.

"Mon?"

"Oh hey Pheebs. Whoa! who are those from?"

"From Chandler." She said handing the roses to Monica.

"Awwww, I can't believe him." She said smiling.

"I know. First cooking you dinner, than arranging for the two of you to spent the weekend on a yacht, and now the roses." Phoebe said.

"I'm not even sure I deserve all this."

"Of course you do. You've been really great to him."

"What?"

"Well, for the last four months anyway." Phoebe said grinning.

"So where is he?"

"Oh, he's at the coffeehouse talking to Joey and Ross. He'll be up in a minute."

Five minutes later while Monica and Phoebe were sitting at the kitchen table talking, Chandler entered.

"Hi sweetie."

"Hi honey." He said coming over to her and kissing her softly on the mouth.

"Well, you two have a good time." Phoebe said.

"Oh we will." Monica said grinning at Chandler.

Phoebe hugged them both and left.

Ross, Faye and Ben are sitting in his apartment watching TV. When Ross noticed that Ben had fallen asleep, he picked him up off the couch and put him in his bedroom.

"Well, I should probably get going." Faye said.

"Why?"

"Honey, it's getting late."

"Well, why don't you just spend the night?"

"You're actually asking me to spend the night?" She asked surprised.

"You've spent the night plenty of times."

"Yeah, but not while you have Ben over."

"Well, we can snuggle up on the couch." He kissing her.

"How can a girl resist that?" She said smiling.

"You know, I just want to thank you." He said looking into her eyes.

"What for?"

"For being here for me. I haven't been the easiest person to be around for a while, and..."

"Ross, I love you. You were pretty touch to take, but you were going through a hard time. I mean, seeing your friends and your sister being held hostage was more than you could handle. I don't blame you for acting the way you did."

"I know, but it still wasn't fair of me take it out on you."

"You're right, but I totally understand." She said kissing him.

"I don't know what I would have done all these months without you."

"Me either." She said.

Monica couldn't believe her eyes. The yacht was beautiful. She could tell that Chandler went through a lot of trouble. He had flowers in every room. She was sitting at the dinning room table waiting for Chandler. She was dressed in a red satin gown that he had just bought her. Chandler wanted them to get dressed up. Minutes later he came out in an all white suit. He looked gorgeous. He strolled to the dinner table with his hands in his pockets, and sat down across from her.

"You look so gorgeous honey." Monica said touching his hand.

"So do you."

All of a sudden Monica burst into laughter. Chandler sat there with a puzzled look on his face.

"Mon, what's so funny?"

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking about the last time I saw you in an all white suit."

"Thanksgiving?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"That's it." She said laughing harder.

"Did I look that bad?"

"No, not really. You were trying too hard to be cool." She said trying to stifle a laugh.

"Yeah, I was." He said grinning. I was also trying to impress you."

"You were not."

"Yes I was."

"It's so funny. I think about us back then, and I never would have thought we'd end up together."

"But I'm glad we did." He said squeezing her hand.

After they ate dinner, he stood up and took her hand for her to dance with him. While the music is playing he holds her close and she leans her head against his shoulders. Being in his arms felt like heaven to her. He held her firmly, but gently. When they looked into each other's eyes she kissed him softly on the lips and he told her that he loved her. She smiled and they kissed again. She let her head drift onto his shoulders again as they danced. It reminded her of the night he arranged for them to have a romantic dinner on the top floor of the plaza hotel. Him hiring a pianist and someone to cook for them really touched her, just as it had tonight. It was so nice to have things back to normal again. She was feeling more and more like her self again, and she owed it to Chandler. He was so patient with her before, during, and after she became blind. Deciding to be with Chandler was the smartest move that she felt she made. He was the best thing that ever happened to her and she was finished taking him for granted. She found him to be truly amazing. He had definitely proved to her that he could be good boyfriend material. At the thought, she smiled to herself. It was nice thinking about happy memories. They've spent so many months reliving all the bad things that have happened to them. Even though they still had nightmares about the explosion, the hostage situation, and the car accident, they were finding things to smile about now, and all the bad things that's happened to them were beginning to slowly fade.

Monica pulled back and gazed into his eyes.

"I have something for you. It's not as extravagant as all this, but I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me."

She went into the bedroom and came back into the dinning room and handed him a small box. When he opened the box, he saw that it was a poem.

My Everything!

When I'm down, you're always there to pick me up,
No questions asked, your sweet nature, your understanding ways,
You came into my life and swept me off my feet,
You make me feel so good, so safe, so complete,
You're my sweetheart, my bestfriend, my night and shinning armor,
My confidant, my lover, my equal, my soul mate,
The love you give me is so sweet and so pure,
You are everything, and so much more,
I'm a better person now, because of you,
You accept me, no matter what I do,
I've managed to find all of these wonderful things in you,
And now I know that this love we have is true,
I was looking for someone who was, gorgeous, understanding, sweet,
And Smart,
But never did I think that you would be the one to steal my heart,
And as we take this journey to start our life together,
I hope and pray that the love we have, will last forever

With all my love Monica

Chandler looked into her eyes and touched her face. It reminded him of the time he had written her a poem. With tears in his eyes he passionately kissed her. He whispered that he loved her while he held her in his arms. He knew without a doubt now, that she loved him just as much as he loved her. Chandler slowly pulled away from and looking her eyes. He softly kissed her on the mouth and touched her face. He asked her to stay right there, then he disappeared from the room. A minute later he came back into the dinning room and stood in front of her. He had some things he needed to say to her.......
 
 

WHAT DOES CHANDLER WANT TO SAY TO MONICA?

STAY TUNED........