Buried Alive, Part 2

By Joey Bing



DISCLAIMER: I always forget to put these on, but I don't own the characters, although if i did that would be pretty cool, but I'd also be rich and probably wouldn't even be writing fanfic's! Anyway don't sue me, I'm already in debt! LOL



Okay, well I wasn't planning on doing a second part, but since so many people have asked, here it is. Note: This is not about Monica & Chandler getting together, together, it's about them becoming best friends. It takes place right after the first part.



"Hello, how may I help you?" The woman at the front desk asked as Monica hurried up with her friends.

"I'm looking for Chandler Bing. He was brought in with a broken arm."

"Just a minute," the woman looked him up on the computer. "Okay, he's getting a cast put on at the moment. You can wait for him in the waiting room. It's down this hall, take your first left, and it's the third door on your right."

"Thanks," Monica hurried down the hall, her friends trailing behind her.



"Chandler," Monica stood up and walked over to him as he entered the room half an hour later.

"Hey Mon," Chandler greeted her with a small smile.

"How's your arm?" Monica asked, taking in the cast that covered most of his left arm.

"Not bad," Chandler replied. Then added in a whisper. "They gave me pain medication."

"Oh," Monica replied, trying not to laugh. "My friends are all here, come on, I'll introduce you." She led Chandler over to where her friends were still sitting. "Guys, this is Chandler. Chandler, this is Rachel, Joey, Phoebe and my brother Ross."

"Nice to meet you," Chandler shook their hands.

"Where do you live Chandler?" Monica asked. She'd completely forgot that she was covered in the white powder, but looking at Chandler reminded her.

"Actually, I'm not living anywhere yet," Chandler told her. "I came down for the interview, so I'm staying in a hotel."

"Okay, well Joey can go with you back to your hotel room so you can get change, you'll need someone to help you cover your arm with a bag. He can bring you to my apartment after that for dinner." Monica suggested.

"Sure," Chandler nodded. "Is there a drug store I can stop at? I need to pick up some more pain killers."

"Yeah, Joey can take you to one," Monica replied.

"Sounds great," Chandler replied with a bigger smile now.

At that everyone stood up and headed for the door. Monica grabbed Joey's shirt, and to hold him back from everyone else.

"Joey?"

"What?"

"Could you do me a favour?" Monica asked.

"Sure, what?"

"Ask Chandler if he'd like to sleep at your place Joey," Monica told him. "You've got an extra room and besides, you need a roommate. If he finds a job here, maybe he could be your roommate."

"But Mon, I hardly know this guy," Joey protested. "What if I don't like him?"

"Fine," Mon said. "Don't say anything yet, but if you've decided you like him later tonight, ask him how long he's staying here, and if he's staying for a few more days, ask him if he'd like to stay at your place. 'Kay?"

"Sure," Joey replied. "Come on, we're falling behind."



As soon as Mon got home, she got in the shower, letting the warm water wash away all the dirt and grime that was clinging to her from the building. She felt like she could stay in there forever, but remembering that Chandler was coming over and she still hadn't made dinner, she got out of the shower and got dressed.

When Chandler and Joey arrived, the six sat down to dinner. Ross, Rachel, Joey and Phoebe quickly decided that they liked Chandler. He was funny and smart, although at times he did seem a bit sad. Rachel asked him about Canada, but Chandler pushed it aside quickly, and no one else brought it up.

As dinner came to an end, Chandler looking a bit better, especially after having drowned 2 pain killers, he stood up to leave.

"Thanks for having me over Monica," Chandler told her. "But I think I better get back to my apartment. My arms killing me."

"Okay," Mon replied. "How long are you staying here?"

"Well, I'm booked at the hotel for the next week. If I can't find a job by then, I'm flying back home."

"Oh," Mon replied sadly. "Well, while you're here, we should get together and do something."

"Sure," Chandler nodded. "What's your phone number?"

"It's..." Monica started before Joey interrupted her.

"You know, if you want Chandler, you could stay at my place. I live right across the hall and I've got a spare room." Joey suggested quickly.

"I don't know," Chandler replied. "I wouldn't want to impose."

"What's impose mean?" Joey asked Ross in a whisper. Ross answered quickly. "Oh, you wouldn't be imposing," Joey replied. "It's a lot cheaper then where you're staying already. What do you say?"

"Well, sure I guess." Chandler answered after a moment.

"Great! I'll go with you to the hotel so you can check out and get your stuff." Joey jumped up. "Come on!"

"Okay," Chandler shot Monica a look that said 'help' at all of Joey's eagerness. Monica just laughed silently.



Over the next few days Chandler and the gang spent a lot of time together. They hung out at Central Perk and walked around town. While Ross, Monica, Rachel and Phoebe went to their day jobs, Chandler went to job interview after job interview. It was approaching his last few days and he still hadn't found a job. Joey suggested that Chandler could move in with him, but Chandler replied that he couldn't, unless he could find a job.

Monica was the most upset about Chandler's failures. She had been spending a lot of time with him, and the two had become good friends. She found that Chandler was an easy person to talk to, that he didn't judge her about what she said or her opinions. Chandler in turn opened up to her, and told her about his problems in Canada.

He had been going steady with this one girl for over a year when he found out that she had been cheating on him for the better part of the relationship. Not having a lot of very good friends, Chandler had decided he would be better off moving to another part of the country, or to a whole other country. Having always wanted to visit New York, that where he planned to go first, sending out his resume and getting a pile of interviews.



After the last of Chandler's interviews, on his last day in New York, the gang took him to Central Park for a picnic. They planned football and ate the large picnic that Monica had made for fun. They sat on the grass talking about everything, everyone commenting on how sad it was going to be when Chandler left the next day.

Monica didn't talk much, instead spent her time observing everyone else as the talked. She let her gaze shift slowly from one person to the next.

Ross. Her brother that had stood by her as her parents ripped her self esteem down again and again. He was what had made life bearable.

Rachel. Best friends for years. She was still surprised that even though Rachel had been the most popular and beautiful girl in school, Rachel had still been friends with her. She would have thought that Rachel would ignore her like most of the school had, except to make jokes.

Joey. Not many words could describe Joey. She remembered the first day she had met him. He had knocked on her door, looking for something to eat. They hadn't even known eachother, but he was already begging food off of her. She smiled at that memory. He had hit on her, but over the year, he had grown to have respect for her, Rachel and Phoebe, and had stopped hitting on them. A first for Joey.

And Phoebe. Phoebe was Phoebe. Someone who was there for her no matter what. Someone who cared for her and helped her through the good and the bad times. Phoebe was all she could want in a friend.

Last but not least was Chandler. Although she had known Chandler for only about a week, she already considered him a good friends. She had shared her secrets with him, and he had done the same with her. They had spent nights watching movies together, laughing over the corny lines of romances and clinging together with fright during the horrors. Chandler, was a great friend. She couldn't believe that after tonight, she was never going to see him again. It didn't seem fair to her. Monica quickly looked away, as she realized Chandler was looking back at her. She didn't want him to see the tears in her eyes. She didn't want him to leave.



The next morning, the gang, including Chandler gathered in Monica and Rachel's apartment before Chandler had to go to the airport. They ate a quiet breakfast, and then gathered his bags together and headed for the door. Shortly down the hall, Chandler realized he had forgotten his jacket. Monica ran back to get it for him. She entered the apartment just as the phone started to ring. She looked at it for a moment, grabbing the jacket, about to run out, before she paused and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Chandler Bing there?" a man's voice replied.

"Actually no he isn't, can I take a message?" Monica asked.

"Yeah, could you tell him that he got the job at DLE, please?" The man replied.

"He got the job?" Monica almost shouted into the phone.

"That is correct, would you pass the message on please?"

"Of course."

"Thank you, bye."

"Bye!"

Monica hung up the phone and sprinted out of the apartment towards all the others.

"Guys, wait! Stop!" Monica shouted.

"Why?" Ross replied. "We're going to be late!"

"It doesn't matter," Monica replied, her friends giving her a strange look. Monica didn't care about being late?

"Why doesn't it matter?" Phoebe asked.

"Chandler," Monica replied. He turned to look at her, setting down the bag he was holding. "You got the job. The one at DLE!"

"You're kidding!" Chandler replied in disbelief.

"No, they just phoned. You got it Chandler!"

"Oh my god!" Chandler shouted, he hugged Monica tightly. "I don't have to go home! YES!!!"

"That's great Chandler," Ross congratulated him, as did Rachel and Phoebe.

"Hey Chandler," Joey spoke up and Chandler turned to face him. "You wanna be my roommate?"