TOW Gandalf's in town

By Anna
annapanna__@hotmail.com

[Opening Scene] [Scene: Chandler and Monica’s, early morning. All but those who live there are eating breakfast. Chandler and Monica exit their bedroom in their robes, and share a confused look over the crowd around their table]

CHAN: [to Monica] Do we live in a hotel?

MNCA: No, but apparently we just opened Bed and Breakfast.

JOEY: Morning guys.

PHOE: Yeah, good morning.

MNCA: Well it could be, if you hadn’t all insisted on breaking into our home in the middle of the night.

ROSS: It’s six o’clock.

CHAN: Yes, and no normal human being gets up this early on a Saturday. [Chandler pulls out a chair for Monica. She gives him a loving kiss for thank you, and sits]

ROSS: [eying them] I don’t think I want any breakfast. [rises and leaves]

RACH: Geez, someone was in a hurry.

CHAN: What do you want for breakfast, sweetie?

RACH: Oh, none for me thanks, I already ate. Which reminds me, you're out of bananas, milk, potatoes and... [thinks] bread.

CHAN: Okay... [to Monica] And sweetie as in woman-whom-I-love, what do YOU want for breakfast?

JOEY: [rises] Well, see ya’ guys. I’ve gotta go feed the duck.

RACH: Oh, I’ll come with you. They’re all out of juice too.

[Rachel and Joey leave. Chandler sits next to Monica]

CHAN: Well, things got awfully quiet.

MNCA: Not quiet enough. [They both glare at Phoebe]

PHOE: Oh, Monica guess what? I’m gonna be needing some advice. See, I’m into this guy, Scott, and the problem is he’s really hard to hang out with ‘cause his friends are always there.

CHAN: I wonder how many people have said the same thing about one of us.

PHOE: No, see the problem is that one of his friends speak much English.

MNCA: No? Oh that’s too bad.

PHOE: Uh-hu. I think if they put all of their word-knowledge together they can form the sentence “That young American woman is very pretty, hello”.

CHAN: If you think THAT sucks then you should hear me speak Danish.

MNCA: But you don’t speak Danish.

CHAN: Exactly my point.

MNCA: [to Phoebe] Well sure I can help, but I mean, it’s not like I see why it’s so difficult…

PHOE: Oh you think hanging out with a bunch of people who speak a different language is easy?

MNCA: Sure, I could do it anytime. You can use other ways to communicate than just words, you know.

CHAN: I was gonna say something here, but never mind.

PHOE: [to Monica] Yeah, well I bet you’re wrong. In fact, $50 says you can’t hang out with these guys without a dictionary for more than an hour without BEGGING for help.

CHAN: Begging for help with WHAT, exactly?

PHOE: With the language.

CHAN: And who should she beg, considering you don’t speak the same language either.

MNCA: Be quiet Chandler. [to Phoebe] Okay, fine. You’re on. The easiest 50 bucks I’ve ever made, because I don’t beg.

CHAN: [chuckles] I can certify THAT… I’M usually the one who does the begging.

PHOE: [eyes them] You know what? [rises] I don’t want any breakfast either. [leaves]

[Opening Credits] [Scene: Chandler and Monica’s, later on. Chandler and Monica are now dressed, eating breakfast together]

MNCA: Chandler? When you talk to people about me, I mean people who don’t know who I am, what do you say?

CHAN: [nervous] Only good things.

MNCA: No. I mean, what do you call me? Refer to me as.

CHAN: What?

MNCA: Well you know… I mean you can’t say that I’m your WIFE, because I’m NOT… And we’re not engaged so I’m not your FIANCÉE.

CHAN: I don’t know… [thinks] I’ve never really thought of that. [thinks] I say you’re my… [thinks] Well I don’t think I say that you’re my girlfriend, ‘cause we’re somehow too serious for that.

MNCA: Live-in girlfriend?

CHAN: No… that sounds so un-romantic.

MNCA: [thinks] Girl?

CHAN: No, that sounds like we got together by passing a note between each other in fifth grade.

MNCA: You’re right, you’re right.

CHAN: [thinks] Man, you ask hard questions. [thinks] Woman? Nah, to primitive.

MNCA: Partner? No, that sounds like sex. [thinks] LIFE partner?

CHAN: That sounds like gay.

MNCA: No, come on now sweetie, what do you say that I am?

CHAN: Well, I don’t… I mean, I… I can’t figure… Well, you’re Monica! I guess that’s what I tell them, that you’re Monica. Like for example if I enter a shop and I’m looking for a gift to you, like a bracelet or something, I tell them it’s for my Moni-- [catches himself] No, I can’t say THAT, that sounds STUPID.

MNCA: Oh good, I’m not the only one who thinks so.

CHAN: Well I can’t figure out what I tell them… [thinks] I guess I say… that you’re my… sweetheart? No, that sounds like we’ve been dating since college. And one-night-stand-turned-serious-girlfriend somehow sounds so tacky.

MNCA: Yeah, and besides, the one-night-stand-turned-serious-girlfriend might get ANGRY.

RACH: [entering] Hey you guys.

CHAN: Hey Rach, when I talk to you about Monica, what do I refer to her as?

RACH: What do you mean? You refer to her as Monica.

CHAN: Yes, but imagine that you don’t KNOW her.

RACH: What? [goes to sit on the couch]

CHAN: [to Monica] I thought you said you could come to Rachel with your problems!

MNCA: So what are you up to, Rach?

RACH: Oh, just nothing… I heard Phoebe’s taking you to see some foreign guys who don’t speak any English, so I’m pretty much just staying out of Phoebe’s way.

CHAN: [thinks] Homegirl?

MNCA: Who are you, Puff Daddy?

ROSS: [enters with a box] Hey guys. Oh Rach, there you are, guess what?

CHAN You--

MNCA: [cutting in] Leave it!

ROSS: Well, as it turns out, I’m being audited by the IRS, [to Rachel] and since we were married at the time… [sets the box down on the coffee table] so are you.

RACH: What? Ross this is insane!

MNCA: Audited? [rises and walks over] Boy, I was gonna get ready to go with Phoebe to meet those friends of hers, but this is allot more interesting.

ROSS: You just go on your thing with Phoebe, okay?

RACH: Ross, this is just unbelievable! I mean… My gosh!

CHAN: [in his own thoughts] My mate! Nah, that sounds too “Plains of Passage”-y.

[Cut to: Later] [Ross and Rachel are by the coffee table, going through the box Ross brought. Joey enters with another box]

JOEY: Here’s a box you left when you moved out, Ross. I thought there might be some old receipts in it, or something. [puts it down]

ROSS; Thanks Joey.

CHAN: [entering] Ross, man, I have SO got good news for you.

RACH: PLEASE tell me those will be good news for me as well!

CHAN: Check it out, I got a call from Gandalf and he’s coming to town!

RACH: Chandler could you PLEASE tell me some news that would cheer me up as well?

ROSS: He’s cute.

RACH: That only cheered me up a little bit.

CHAN: Yeah, well get this Rach. Gandalf happens to be an auditor, he helps people out with problems like yours all the time! And I talked to him and he promised he’d help you guys out.

RACH: [rises] Oh that IS good news! Thank you Chandler, I love you. [hugs him] And I love Gandalf. When is he coming? [there’s a knock on the door] Is that Gandalf?

CHAN: Relax Rach, that’s the pizzas, Gandalf’s not coming over until tomorrow. [goes to answer the door]

JOEY: So I’m finally gonna get to meet this party animal, huh?

ROSS: Uh-hu. Wow, it’s pretty hard to imagine a guy like him doing something so boring for a living.

RACH: [slight sarcasm] Yes, and polishing the bones of something that’s been dead for a billion years is not boring.

CHAN: [coming back with the pizzas] Okay, you need to clear off this table some, otherwise we won’t have any room for the pizzas.

RACH: Okay, pizza is a deduction, right?

CHAN: [thinks] I don’t think I wanna call Monica my deduction.

RACH: What? Why on earth would you do that?

CHAN: Well I have to call her SOMETHING!

RACH: What’s wrong with calling her Monica?

JOEY: Hey Ross, do you really buy crap like this? [He holds up a dinosaur coloring book from the box]

ROSS: My dino-coloring book! [takes it] Oh, I’ve looked EVERYWHERE for this!

RACH: I’m sure glad you didn’t find it sooner.

CHAN: [thinking] The person who makes me so happy I do this…

[He jumps up on the table and does his dance from “TOW Phoebe Hates PBS”. He’s got his back turned to the door, so he doesn’t see Monica entering. She looks at him, confused. Then she goes up to him and sticks a bill she’s been holding in her hand in his pants. He turns, sees her and stops]

CHAN: Hi. [He gets down from the table and gives her back her bill]

[Cut to: The next day] [Chandler and Monica’s. Everybody but Rachel and Joey are there]

ROSS: [rises] Okay, I’m gonna take a break, go down to Central Perk and get some coffee or something.

MNCA: Oh I’ll follow you. After all, I have that $50 that I got from Phoebe.

PHOE: [bitter] Yeah, how was I to know you’d studied Spanish in college?

CHAN: Congratulations Mon, you’re the first person I’ve ever met who still remembers any of the language they learned in college.

[Monica and Ross leave]

PHOE: So when is this wizard guy coming?

CHAN: I don’t know. Sometime today.

PHOE: [looking through a box, laughing] Oh my goodness, check these photos out!

[Chandler sits next to her and looks]

PHOE: [laughing] My gosh, if Monica ever saw these she’d seriously start to doubt why she’s going out with you.

CHAN: [bemused] Then don’t show them to her. [looks more closely] This must be the spring dance of our sophomore year. Wow, I can’t believe Ross still has these.

PHOE: [still laughing] I can’t believe anyone who’s seen them haven’t died of laughter!

CHAN: [snatching the photos] Oh give me those!

[There’s a knock on the door. Chandler goes to answer. It’s Gandalf, “played” by Barry Pepper (since I personally hate it when I read fanfics with “guest stars” and I don’t know who the actor/actress is, I’ll help you out a bit in case you don’t recognize the name… Barry Pepper played Jackson in “Saving Private Ryan”, Pratt in “Enemy of the State” and Dean… something, the guy who nearly gets strangled, in “The Green Mile”)]

CHAN: Gandalf, come on in! Ross is gonna be THRILLED to see you.

GNDLF: They mostly are.

[He and Chandler do that weird la, la, la thing Ross and Chandler did in “TOW They’re Going to Party”]

CHAN: Gandalf, this is my friend Phoebe.

GNDLF: [extending hand] Hi.

PHOE: [shaking his hand] Nice to meet you.

CHAN: Phoebs, this is my friend Gandalf.

PHOE: [blushing] Wow, this is the first time I’ve ever met a real magician.

CHAN: Speaking of magic…

[He ushers Gandalf to have a seat at the coffee table, then sits next to him]

CHAN: Sit, add, work your magic, save Ross’s ass. He owes me money and if the IRS take everything he has then I’ll never be able to buy “Duke Nukem 3D”.

GNDLF: That game’s older than we are.

CHAN: I know, and I could have gotten it sooner if it weren’t for Ross!

PHOE: [rises] Sir Magician, can I get you anything to drink?

GNDLF: No thank you.

CHAN: [rises] Oh, and there’s another box of stuff over here [points to the guest room] but we haven’t sorted it out yet.

ROSS: [enters with a coffee-to-go] Hey. [sees Gandalf] Gandalf! Dude!

[He runs over and him, Chandler and Gandalf do that weird la-la thing again]

PHOE: Well, strongly spirited people have their ways. [goes to the kitchen]

ROSS: Gandalf, seriously, I really need your help with this. You need to save my ass here! And besides, if you don’t Rachel will kick my butt.

GNDLF: Got married again?

ROSS: Well, yes actually. But we’re divorced by now.

GNDLF: For all of our sakes, I never heard that.

ROSS: [sits] So what do you think, can, can you help me?

GNDLF: Don’t worry pal, I haven’t lost a single audit yet. And you know why?

PHOE: Because of the special, magical powers.

GNDLF: Because I focus at each case 100%, no distractions whatsoever. I don’t chat, I don’t snack, I don’t laugh… [looks down] Which means we’re gonna have to put these pictures somewhere else.

MNCA: [enters] Hey guys. [sees Gandalf] Oh… I’m sorry…

[Close up on Gandalf, with some romantic music playing in the background as he sees Monica]

[Commercial Break]

[Scene: Seconds later]

CHAN: Monica, this is Mike Gandersson, he’s Ross’s CPA.

GNDLF: [breath taken] You can call me Gandalf.

MNCA: [slightly confused] How about I just call you Mike?

CHAN: And Gandalf, this is Monica. You two haven’t met, [to Gandalf] she’s Ross’s sister.

MNCA: [shakes Gandalf’s hand] Hey.

GNDLF: [rising, stunned] Oh my god… Oh wow…

MNCA: [to Chandler] Is he okay?

CHAN: Honey. You reeeaaalllyy need to leave.

[He grabs her by the arm and leads her to the bedroom. Gandalf stares after then]

ROSS: Gandalf? Gandalf? Mike? Oh gosh… Come on boy… No distractions…

PHOE: [wise] Even a mighty magician stands vulnerable to the forces of nature.

ROSS: Okay, Gandalf? Come on, you were gonna work on my audit, no distractions, remember?

GNDLF: But she’s an angel…

ROSS: Not exactly, but I’LL be an angel pretty soon if you don’t help me out. Come on man, don’t do this to me!

PHOE: [to Ross] Hey, maybe you’ll go to jail!

ROSS: [to Gandalf, desperate] Come on, save my ass here! I’ll never make it in jail, I’m too pretty!

[Cut to: Joey’s] [Phoebe and Joey are there]

PHOE: Joey, I don’t know what I’m gonna do, I mean I really like this guy and he’s so… weird. And that’s a really cool quality in a man.

JOEY: Make sure you pick the right moment to tell him that. He might think you’re dumping him.

PHOE: Yeah, well I don’t really have a problem with Scott. You know? It’s his weird friends, who only know how to speak stupid Spanish! You know what, Spanish should be forbidden!

JOEY: Relax, relax. Listen, all you have to do is play them anything by Ricky Martin where he sings in Spanish. And then you’re okay.

PHOE: Yeah, unless I wanna have to bring Monica every single time I meet his friends.

JOEY: I don’t think Chandler would dig ya’ if you did that.

PHOE: I know what I could do!

JOEY: What? Talk to your ex-boyfriend Scott and get some help? [chuckles at his own joke]

PHOE: I have an ex-boyfriend named Scott as well?

JOEY: You don’t remember him? He was the guy who wouldn’t sleep with you.

PHOE: Well no wonder I don’t remember him. How come you remember him?

JOEY: Let’s just say his sister wasn’t as hard to get into bed.

PHOE: Anyway, that’s not my plan. I’m gonna go across the hall and convince Ross and Chandler’s friend to cast a spell on me that allows me to speak Spanish.

[Cut to: Across the hall] [Chandler, Ross, Rachel and Gandalf are seated around the kitchen table. Chandler and Rachel are going through a box, looking for receipts. Ross and Gandalf are working on the audit itself. Joey enters with a bowl]

JOEY: Chandler, here’s that bowl back.

CHAN: I don’t remember you borrowing that bowl.

JOEY: Oh. I must have forgotten to tell you then. [leaves the bowl] Hey Ross, are they repossessing your apartment? ‘Cause I was thinking, I could live there while you’re in prison. I’m thinking of a change of… environment, you know?

ROSS: Be strong Joey. For me.

MNCA: [enters with a box] Hey you guys. Here’s some more of your stuff, Rachel. [sarcasm] I took the stuff I can use against you and left the rest.

RACH: Great, thanks.

MNCA: Yeah, there’s some more down in the lobby. And since I have no life whatsoever, I’m heading down to get them.

GNDLF: [rises, eager] You need help, I can help, I want to help, please let me help!

MNCA: Sure… Mark, right?

GNDLF: That will do!

[Monica gives Chandler a confused look, then she and Gandalf leaves]

ROSS: [sighs] So much for no distractions…

CHAN: I knew she could be distracting, but she never gets to me like THAT…

RACH: Yeah, maybe ‘cause you know what she looks like naked.

CHAN: And not only that, I’ll see to it that Gandalf never will. Now where were we?

PHOE: [enters] Hey guys. Where’s that hunky wizard?

CHAN: He went with the hunky chef to get some boxes.

PHOE: Oh, Monica brought home company?

RACH: No, and Chandler, women aren’t referred to as “hunky”.

ROSS: Someone in that relationship has to be.

CHAN: [bemused] Ha, ha.

PHOE: I actually thought it was pretty funny.

CHAN: Phoebs… [long pause] I can’t think of a comment.

RACH: You know what absolutely blows my mind?

ROSS: [sighs] No, but I’m assuming we’re about to find out.

CHAN: [thinking] My babe… Nah…

ROSS: And after that outburst of insanity from Chandler I’ll be thrilled to hear what our friend Rachel has to say.

RACH: It’s just, I just can’t believe all the stuff you’ve put me through this last year, Ross.

CHAN: Did anyone else miss something there?

RACH: I mean, the marriage, the non-annulment, the divorce and now THIS?

PHOE: But wait a minute, I thought the marriage thing was YOUR idea, Rach.

ROSS: [triumphant] Ha!

RACH: Yeah, well I still think I’ve been put through enough for one year.

CHAN: No offense Rachel dear, but don’t you think we’ve heard this enough?

RACH: Oh no! And you know what was the absolute worst thing?

[Ross, Phoebe and Chandler moan in annoyment]

RACH: It was Ross not telling me we were married. That was cruel.

ROSS: [sarcasm] Yeah… That makes this whole IRS thing less problematic.

RACH: Oh yeah, you’d think. Well guess what pal, I’ve got enough anger to handle both!

ROSS: Okay, listen… I promise you won’t have to pay for any of my stupid mistakes, deal?

RACH: [shakes his hand] Deal.

ROSS: And I don’t have to pay for any of yours.

RACH: I don’t want to make THAT a deal.

CHAN: [bored] Okay, moving on, come on Rachel let’s continue with the thrilling job that it is to go through this box.

RACH: We’re done with this box already. We only found two receipts. From when I bought Teletubbie toothbrushes and some clothes.

PHOE: It’s nice to see I’m not the only freak around here.

CHAN: Hey Phoebs, can you hand us that box?

[Phoebe hands them the box Monica brought, and puts the one they just looked through on the floor]

RACH: Wow, would you look at all this stuff! Candles, old airplane tickets…

CHAN: [looking at the tickets] When did you go to Santa Fé?

RACH: Well, turns out I didn’t.

CHAN: Drunk again?

RACH: I just couldn’t afford it. [goes back to looking through the box] Oh look! [holds up a book] It’s “Five Have a Mystery to Solve”! I LOVED this book! It was a nerve chilling, exciting experience. And it was really short.

CHAN: [sees something] Oh my goodness, Rachel… Is this hash?

RACH: What? I don’t know, let me see. [picks it up and puts it in her mouth] No, it’s just an old Tootsie Roll.

[Cut to: Later] [Everybody’s there. Gandalf is staring at Monica instead of working with Ross and Rachel’s audit]

ROSS: [sighs] Chandler would you please just do something?

CHAN: [walks up to Monica] Hey Mon, you know that new coffee sort they have at the coffee place?

MNCA: No.

CHAN: Oh that’s great, show me! [leads her out of the apartment]

GNDLF: But wait… Where was SHE going?

JOEY: To, uh, entertain the guys… Yeah, she’s got a whole big harem thing going on.

ROSS: [mouths] What?

JOEY: [gets close to Ross, low] Well what else should I say? Now he knows where she went and he doesn’t have to yearn for her.

GNDLF: What I wouldn’t give to be part of that harem…

ROSS: [to Joey] Oh really, you think your plan will work? [to Gandalf] Look dude, Joey here was just kidding. She’s not entertaining a harem.

GNDLF: [to Joey] She’s not?

JOEY: No, but it was a pretty exciting idea, don’t you think?

RACH: Now Gandalf, what exactly do you think we can deduct?

GNDLF: Well, I’ve sorted it out into two categories. And they’re further sorted out into two categories each.

JOEY: [low to Rachel, while Gandalf continues to talk in the background] Why are we keeping him away from Monica, he seems to fit her perfectly.

RACH: [low] Joey! And what about CHANDLER?

JOEY: [realizes] Right. [chuckles] Although, that’s a pretty exciting idea too!

RACH: Oh man, you are sick.

PHOE: [sits with them] So Gandalf, I was wondering if you could help me out with a little problem.

ROSS: Okay, not right now Phoebs! He’s my pal, not yours, you take a place in the “we-need-help-from-Gandalf” queue like everybody else!

PHOE: Wow, you’re really selfish about your friends.

RACH: [to Gandalf] Well what about my facials, I mean… Can we deduct any of those?

ROSS: How many facials could you have time with during the short period of time we were married?

RACH: Well, it would have been allot less if you had gotten the annulment right away!

JOEY: So when this is all over and done with, we’re all going out partying, right?

PHOE: No, then we’re helping Phoebe learn some Spanish.

JOEY: Hey I can help you with that.

PHOE: Really?

JOEY: Yeah! Sure! Right here, right now, Joey Tribbiani at your service, [to Gandalf] which by the way is a phrase I’ve learned from Monica--

ROSS: Back of Joe.

JOEY: [to Phoebe] Here, check this out! [harks] Bonjour, ca va bien? C’est une jour incroyable, non?

RACH: Joey that’s French.

JOEY: It is?

RACH: Yeah. And not very fluent either.

JOEY: Oh… Which language is Spanish, again?

ROSS: Look, could we just PLEASE not do this right now? My entire tax future is at stake here!

GNDLF: Calm down Ross, it’s just a matter of a few thousand dollars.

ROSS: Just a few thousand dollars? Well that’s what Nicholas Cage thought in “Honeymoon in Vegas” and look how HE ended up!

JOEY: [sarcasm] Yeah, married to Sarah Jessica Parker, boy what a punishment THAT must be!

ROSS: What? What are you TALKING about, he’s, he’s together with one of those… those Arquette women.

JOEY: Damn it Ross, did you WATCH the movie?

ROSS: [realizes] Oh the ENDING, oh, okay…

RACH: See? Now that’s why Ross and I never went to the movies while we were dating.

GNDLF: Okay, now I have to ask you guys, do you really think a receipt for buying a Skittles bag would do any difference? [holds it up]

ROSS: [points to Rachel] Hers.

[Ross, Rachel and Joey go over to pick up a few other boxes that are by the door. Phoebe sits down close to Gandalf]

PHOE: So, magician guy… [giggles] Do you think you can help me out a bit?

GNDLF: Why, are the IRS after you too?

PHOE: No, I need to learn how to speak Spanish.

GNDLF: Oh. Too bad, I only speak French. And the ex Mrs. Geller was right, your friend Joey’s French wasn’t among the better I’ve heard.

PHOE: Yeah, I was thinking that maybe you could say a verse or something? You know, cast a spell on me…

GNDLF: I’m afraid I don’t know what you’re talking about.

PHOE: [chuckles] Oh you’re a magician, I’m sure you can figure it out.

GNDLF: Miss, I’m not a REAL magician. I’ve just got Gandalf as a nickname.

PHOE: Oh… [rises, low to Ross] That magician pal of yours sure is keen on keeping his powers a secret. [Chandler and Monica enter]

ROSS: [low, to Chandler] What the hell are you doing, I thought you were gonna keep her away.

CHAN: I know, it didn’t work out.

[Monica goes over to the window and starts moving around some pillows]

GNDLF: Hey Chandler, that hot brunette by the window, who is she? No, wrong question, she’s Ross’s sister, right. But is she… You know?

CHAN: No, what? Deductionable?

GNDLF: Available.

CHAN: Oh, you mean like that?

GNDLF: Yes. And I mean… You’re her friend, right?

CHAN: [not knowing what to refer to her as] Who, Monica’s? Yeah, I mean we’re, we’re, I mean she’s mine, I mean Monica, you know, we’re a… Well you know, she’s my, I mean I’m her, I mean we’re like, well she’s not my homegirl, and I mean… Well you know, two people, and then there’s emotion and, [annoyed] there’s dibs on her, okay?

[Closing Credits] [Scene: Chandler and Monica’s bedroom]

MNCA: I’m glad the audit went well.

CHAN: [sarcasm] Yeah, after all, they only lost $7000. [thinks] You’re my ANGEL!

MNCA: What? You can’t refer to me as that!

CHAN: Why not, I like calling you that!

MNCA: Well I like calling you sweet-spoon, but you wouldn’t want to be referred as that, now would you?

CHAN: No, I see your point…

MNCA: Good. Now goodnight sweet-spoon.

[She rolls over and tries to go to sleep. There’s a few seconds of quiet]

CHAN: My love girl.

MNCA: [annoyed] Chandler!

CHAN: The resident of my heart.

MNCA: [rolls over to him] Chandler would you let it go? I mean, come on, it was just a simple question! Now leave it and go to sleep. [She snuggles close to him and they’re quiet for a few seconds]

MNCA: I really like that “resident of your heart” thing.

CHAN: Right? The end!